AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Amagami SS

Notices

Old 2010-07-16, 00:49   Link #681
bigdeath

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myssa Rei View Post
... What the heck did I just watch?

I give up. My brain still can't process (or accept) the stuff that happened in episode 03.
You know you liked it.

Though, if this was real.....that scene would not have ended with licking.......... (the only unrealistic part)

And yes, this scene did violate Itou Shizuka. Though I'm sure that quote was just a baseless rumor. Its 2chan afterall...........
bigdeath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-16, 00:50   Link #682
Silvance
Storm Vanguard
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ID555 View Post
Oh yeah, something like he broke?
Since he was acting strange, I guess so. I think she was referring to his brain specifically.

Spoiler for ep 3:
Silvance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-16, 00:54   Link #683
coolasj19
TSG : Gaming For A Cause

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darknemo2000 View Post
I am not so sure about Sea (shy girl) but it may turn out well.

From Rihoko arc I do not expect anything because she does seem as slow as Haruka just minus the looks but plus the big boobs. Hardly a character I am eager about.
You mean the girl who is afraid of her own shadow? I'm looking forward to that because Miya is all her already. And Rihoko? Well. Umm. I want to defend her but I having nothing to defend with. You win. I'm still looking forward to her though.
coolasj19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-16, 00:56   Link #684
bigdeath

I'm looking forward to Rihoko. She realistic looking, most girls in real life don't look "perfect". She seems a bit of an airhead which errrr........is also realistic.............lol *runs*

Besides, not wrong with a girl with a little more meat on her bones. Just means theres more woman to love.
bigdeath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-16, 00:58   Link #685
karuroso

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
My reaction to this episode is quite different from a lot of people's. I loved it, and accepted it completely, in its context as an episode of a harem romantic comedy.

Since when is it unusual for an anime to be wish-fulfillment? The appeal of most anime -- and of most popular entertainment in general -- is based around wish-fulfillment (shoujo romance, shounen adventure, harem comedy, mecha, etc., etc.). It seems to me that the main difference is that this show is doing a good job of fulfilling.

Maybe I can accept more fantasy here since I don't come into a show like this looking for either complete realism or instructions for living. Don't try this at home, lol.
What i simply liked more was the fact it was just simple, no drama, no exceptional problems, it just went with the flow, however that doesn't mean that i dislike more elaborated histories, i just think it's also important to be able to enjoy the simple, like here for example

Quote:
I thought Itou Shizuka was excellent in this episode. Especially in the scene at the bottom of the stairs. She really creates this flighty, daring, emotional, but strong character. She doesn't seem crazy or stupid to me, just unfettered and self-indulgent. More interested in what she feels than in what other people think.
You coudln't have said better =D

Quote:
By the way, I believe that Japanese quote from apr earlier was a 2channel post from a few days ago, purportedly reporting an interview where they talked about recording the scene...
Spoiler for ep3:

hahaha =DD if that really happened, i wonder how will be like the recording sessions for Koe de Oshigoto!
karuroso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-16, 00:59   Link #686
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

No anime girls are "realistic", that's why they are animed girls

2D >> 3D
kk2extreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-16, 01:00   Link #687
Lamar
Ippiki Ookami

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kouvley View Post
Ep3

What is this I don't even.......

Completely unexpected development......of the bad kind, not sure what else to say except I hope the other stories aren't this ridiculous.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myssa Rei View Post
... What the heck did I just watch?

I give up. My brain still can't process (or accept) the stuff that happened in episode 03.
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeyhobo View Post
I'm 12 and what is this?
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolasj19 View Post
Some of my Brain just melted and is now leaking through my nose. Owww. I simply can't process what I just watched. It took me literally 43 minutes to watch from all the pausing and facepalming.

Its just that. Theres so much wrong and creepy about this relationship. He's not spoiling her he's just being slightly ALOT perverted in a need to fill he strange infatuation. I don't think I quite got the " Jealous " part of the episode. Then again, I did have an aneurysm from watching. I think Hibiki is looking at this the wrong way. But Morishima is just loving it because of her infatuation with cuteness.

As soon as the episode began I though " wow. what a tease ". Then I thought " ummmm ok " . Then finally I just recoiled from a wrench being thrown into my brain. This was the hardest episode I've ever had to watch since Haruhi Episode 00.

And once again, Miya gets some good airtime. Honestly, I have no idea how this will affect me an hour from now. If someone was waiting to drop this series. I think this might have pushed them over the edge.
I was going to watch today, but these are making meh not wanna watch it. I hope this anime doesn't get badd enuff to the point i want to drop it like i did Ookami shinichi whatever, and about to drop that occult one.
Lamar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-16, 01:00   Link #688
Darknemo2000

Send a message via AIM to Darknemo2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdeath View Post
I'm looking forward to Rihoko. She realistic looking, most girls in real life don't look "perfect". She seems a bit of an airhead which errrr........is also realistic.............lol *runs*

Besides, not wrong with a girl with a little more meat on her bones. Just means theres more woman to love.
Nah, there is nothing wrong with more meat on ones bones... but I cannot agree with less brains... thats bit wrong in my book.

Thats why I am afraid that she will turn out another Haruka with bigger boobs less handsome hair and eyes but as equally retarded.
Darknemo2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-16, 01:01   Link #689
ID555
Kamaboko smash & grab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darknemo2000 View Post
Yeah you summed it pretty well. Haruka just doesn't seem like a bright girl with her brains functioning well. In fact she gives a slow in her head or straightforwardly retarded vibe. I know that some would say that it is just being naive but again - sometimes it is hard to tell apart the incredibly naive - from a mental retard, because in both cases intellect isnt working all that well (in naive cases its because it lacks of information and in retarded case because it is incapable of gaining and using information).

Well I didnt expect much from her. As I said before - she has the looks, but seems very shallow person behind that.

Haruka's not dumb. Like someone mentioned way earlier, in ep 1 she realised Junichi's feelings, coaxed a confirmation and confession from him, then rejected him early so he didn't get his hopes up.
After that, though... her behaviour in ep 2 and 3 is kinda hard to reconcile with the quality she showed earlier.
ID555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-16, 01:04   Link #690
Darknemo2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by ID555 View Post
Haruka's not dumb. Like someone mentioned way earlier, in ep 1 she realised Junichi's feelings, coaxed a confirmation and confession from him, then rejected him early so he didn't get his hopes up.
After that, though... her behaviour in ep 2 and 3 is kinda hard to reconcile with the quality she showed earlier.
Its those episodes 2 and 3 that make me doubt if her act in ep 1 was as schemed as some like to imagine in any case 2 episodes > 1 episode so I am still saying that she is on the slow side.
Old 2010-07-16, 01:25   Link #691
coolasj19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamar View Post
I was going to watch today, but these are making meh not wanna watch it. I hope this anime doesn't get badd enuff to the point i want to drop it like i did Ookami shinichi whatever, and about to drop that occult one.
You should still watch it. Just make sure you give yourself an hour to watch and not just 25 minutes. Its gonna be a ride Also, if you don't like it. Watch the next arc. I think thats the beauty in this. I can buy only the DVD's of the girls I like
Old 2010-07-16, 01:29   Link #692
Preacher

ep3
Spoiler:
Old 2010-07-16, 01:30   Link #693
Lamar
Ippiki Ookami

Quote:
You should still watch it. Just make sure you give yourself an hour to watch and not just 25 minutes. Its gonna be a ride Also, if you don't like it. Watch the next arc. I think thats the beauty in this. I can buy only the DVD's of the girls I like
Haha an Hour, is that a good thing or a badd thing?
Lamar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-16, 01:33   Link #694
coolasj19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamar View Post
Haha an Hour, is that a good thing or a badd thing?
How about you go watch. And then tell us if an hour was enough?

Also Shiroth. Did you get enough Kaoru for this episode? I really hope they do a better job on her animation for the next arc.
Old 2010-07-16, 01:47   Link #695
coolasj19

By the way. Im watching UTW subs. Whats up with the " Spring has sprung " stuff?
Old 2010-07-16, 01:49   Link #696
Darknemo2000

Quote:
By the way. Im watching UTW subs. Whats up with the " Spring has sprung " stuff?
Just another way to tell 'spring came' I guess.
Old 2010-07-16, 01:50   Link #697
Carlos Julian
Elsie smash!

I for one found this episode hilarious. And not in a bad way.

Quote:
Probably a metaphor for falling in love.
Carlos Julian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-16, 01:51   Link #698
ID555
Kamaboko smash & grab

Quote:

Oh that's just the teacher flirting with Junichi. She wants him really bad.
Old 2010-07-16, 01:52   Link #699
Mentar
Banned

*lol*

If Shizuka Itou went to another girl after this scene, then only to cop a feel, not because she's really embarrassed

I think that Haruka is really easy to read. There are two conflicting forces fighting it out inside her head: On one hand, we have the uber-playful and excited/excitable girl who wants to enjoy life, live out her fantasies and be a good sport. That's the girl who will allow a guy to kiss her knee's back because he managed to clear the tasks she put in front of him. And then there's her defensive mechanisms: The girl who will ask a guy to look elsewhere when she's crawling through the fence, who will hold her skirt down, who will amend the rules when he's zooming in for the kiss, and - also - who noticed the crush in ep1 and consciously sent the stop sign. That was way too targeted to have been a mere coincidence.

Haruka isn't dumb. She also hasn't forgotten her "want someone older to depend on" line, which in fact happens to be a good idea ^_^; ... she could use someone levelheaded to make sure she doesn't go overboard, but at the same time, that's not what she really wants or needs. She wants a companion who would enjoy the plays in her life as much as she does. And she's weak against the persistence Junichi shows.

At the moment, Junichi is winning because he manages to relentlessly tickle her playful side, so that her defense is overpowered. Once he manages to overcome this last hurdle in a permanent way, he'll have won.
Mentar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-16, 01:58   Link #700
ID555
Kamaboko smash & grab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentar View Post
*lol*

If Shizuka Itou went to another girl after this scene, then only to cop a feel, not because she's really embarrassed

I think that Haruka is really easy to read. There are two conflicting forces fighting it out inside her head: On one hand, we have the uber-playful and excited/excitable girl who wants to enjoy life, live out her fantasies and be a good sport. That's the girl who will allow a guy to kiss her knee's back because he managed to clear the tasks she put in front of him. And then there's her defensive mechanisms: The girl who will ask a guy to look elsewhere when she's crawling through the fence, who will hold her skirt down, who will amend the rules when he's zooming in for the kiss, and - also - who noticed the crush in ep1 and consciously sent the stop sign. That was way too targeted to have been a mere coincidence.

Haruka isn't dumb. She also hasn't forgotten her "want someone older to depend on" line, which in fact happens to be a good idea ^_^; ... she could use someone levelheaded to make sure she doesn't go overboard, but at the same time, that's not what she really wants or needs. She wants a companion who would enjoy the plays in her life as much as she does. And she's weak against the persistence Junichi shows.

At the moment, Junichi is winning because he manages to relentlessly tickle her playful side, so that her defense is overpowered. Once he manages to overcome this last hurdle in a permanent way, he'll have won.

Oh, nicely put. Is she a Gemini? It's going to be hard to keep a girl like her interested, though.

Tags
romance, seinen, shounen