Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2010-09-24, 03:29   Link #861
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
I wonder what happen on her little sister. I really didn't understand much but it's look she's still in a tight position. poor girl.
Considering how brutal this anime can be, there is a high chance her little sister will just get killed.
You know they would never just go "Great, you did what we asked for, so here is your sister back".
More like "Gehehe! Thanks for the hard work, fool! *kills sister*"

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-24, 03:33   Link #862
Hypernova

Location: Virgo Supercluster, Milky Way, Orion Arm, Sol, Earth, Taiwan
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
I wonder what happen on her little sister. I really didn't understand much but it's look she's still in a tight position. poor girl.

I really need a good explanation on what's happening.
It was flat out stated that she was killed around ep4.
Hypernova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-24, 03:49   Link #863
larethian

tsunade666, regarding the questions you've asked, my suggestion is to re-watch the series.
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-24, 14:55   Link #864
wandering-dreamer
reads too much

Glad that the map got updated this week since I had to glance at it half a dozen times during the episode and this is one of the few stories I've ever had to do that.

Spoiler for episode 13:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
Not knowing the novels, the story doesn't seem so much rushed to me as just packed. I can get the feelings spoilers say I should. And in this episode, that would be a lot of feelings. I admit I can tell this is going quickly. But I'm not feeling the lack.
I agree, to me the pacing feels fast but not rushed, just really full. I do really like seeing what the anime left out but I think it's doing a good job when you think about how many volumes it's covered so far. How many more do you LN readers think the anime will cover, another five volumes or so?
wandering-dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-24, 14:57   Link #865
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Within seconds, i can easily say that Riphal Edea is easily my favorite character in the series. Oh how badarse he is, and i can just see him ending up having such an epic death.
Old 2010-09-24, 17:03   Link #866
Milfeulle9001

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Within seconds, i can easily say that Riphal Edea is easily my favorite character in the series. Oh how badarse he is, and i can just see him ending up having such an epic death.
It's like an improved version of Shirou from F/SN.
Milfeulle9001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-24, 17:17   Link #867
KoroshiyaX
X

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Anime View Post
Spoiler for Question:
I'm also curious about this one...
Spoiler:
KoroshiyaX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-24, 17:22   Link #868
Milfeulle9001

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoroshiyaX View Post
I'm also curious about this one...
Spoiler:
It looked pretty different from a normal Alpha Stigma, though.
Old 2010-09-24, 17:57   Link #869
mechalord
Deploying Funnel Cakes

Riphal seems to favor brute force while Shion favors strategy. We're gonna see them face off, I guess.

We finally got to hear the goddess.

We didn't get to see Kiefer's sister die on screen. Could have been brainwashed and sent to do their bidding someplace else.

The bad guys in this anime are really evil, vile. It's like beating up and killing kids is all they do.

All middle aged men are evil. 99 percent of everyone over 30 is evil. 30-50 percent of people under 30 are good and most of them are 12 and under. It's all medieval and the like. The main hero can hulk out and destroy the planet. The main heroine is a bloodthirsty super bodyguard blood knight.
mechalord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-24, 18:05   Link #870
pampz21
ShipCore

when i first saw Rifal I thought wow....thats Zoro! hehehe.....
Anyway watchin the sub version made me clear of things...
1: the preview was awesome and lol

to Believe is to Live,
to Ship is to Believe,
the best part of believe is the Lie,
to Lie to oneself is to Live
and that is the Essence of Life

pampz21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-24, 23:42   Link #871
LunaNeko

Is it just me or all the side characters personalities and character developement are totally overshadowing the 2 mains? I swear, both Dango-chick and Sleepy-dude are so friggen boring! Are they the same in the novels? I am more excited to see Shion plotting to kill more people and then cry about it later and his new super evil boy-toy - you never know who he will go kill next. And Rifal had like 5 minutes of screen time and EVERYONE liked him already....I don't get it...I hope they develop Ferris and Rayner more, because...damn, this is the first series where I don't give a crap about the leads, lol.
LunaNeko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-25, 00:40   Link #872
mechalord
Deploying Funnel Cakes

the leads have no real ambitions...

All the powerful people in the series but the two mains have ambitious goals and are focused on achieving them. Ryner is running away from his past and who he is. He'd rather dig a hole in the ground and sleep forever. Ferris is a dango obsessed meathead girl. She's a strong warrior but she's just her brothers henchwoman. Shion sends them off to not get them involved in his war 'cause he's their friend and doesn't want their errant/wandering personalities to get sucked in to his world of deception and political intrigue.

Even though both of these people are seasoned warriors, he considers them "innocent." They really don't seem to have much evil in them even if they are instruments of wanton destruction.

So... they are basically adult children. This is why they seem so much less interesting than anyone else. Everyone else is scheming, while they seem to live life day to day. Dango lady and Sleepy man. Both of them seem to be in their 20s but act totally immature, specially when it comes to their friendship.
mechalord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-25, 00:47   Link #873
ReddyRedWolf

Now that you've said it same can be said of Milk explicitly sent on a mission to avoid the chaos within.

Heh... Milan still doesn't know about Ryner and Ferris working for Sion and he's out to kill the Orla siblings.

This will be interesting or as Ryner would say in his perspective, This sucks.
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-25, 01:01   Link #874
Milfeulle9001

I never really liked Ryner and Ferris.

The comedical duo just doesn't fit the series.
Old 2010-09-25, 01:35   Link #875
tsunade666

The comical duo fit the series though those two screen time is too little or rather each screen time is too little for me. The comical duo is more like having a happy traveling while Sion is in deep trouble.

Though I would like if Ryner would start getting serious and stop running away.
Old 2010-09-25, 01:55   Link #876
pampz21
ShipCore

well they said that our hero and heroine will just wonder around the world the first half of the novel.....anyways i see them as a comic relief rather than mains anyways....unless they fight! its always comedy!, dango and sleepin!
Does anyway see that the Refal guy looks abit like Sion!

PS: Sui guy is a real ass in Ryner's eyes...well I see him anoying...smillin bastard!

to Believe is to Live,
to Ship is to Believe,
the best part of believe is the Lie,
to Lie to oneself is to Live
and that is the Essence of Life

pampz21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-25, 02:28   Link #877
Darknemo2000

Send a message via AIM to Darknemo2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by LunaNeko View Post
Is it just me or all the side characters personalities and character developement are totally overshadowing the 2 mains? I swear, both Dango-chick and Sleepy-dude are so friggen boring! Are they the same in the novels? I am more excited to see Shion plotting to kill more people and then cry about it later and his new super evil boy-toy - you never know who he will go kill next. And Rifal had like 5 minutes of screen time and EVERYONE liked him already....I don't get it...I hope they develop Ferris and Rayner more, because...damn, this is the first series where I don't give a crap about the leads, lol.
The anime seem to heavily favor Shion, than the two. They lack screen time and with that lack development. They are a rater boring pair because anime just do not give them proper focus. Its hard to even call them main characters due to their short screen time which would focus on them and their relationship (it usually focuses on the plot or idiotic comedy).

For me they look like idiotic side-character pair whose purpose in the series is more of a retarded comedy relief than true mains.
Darknemo2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-25, 02:29   Link #878
Used Can

Well, the comedic relief does serve a purpose though, and I'd dare to say it is rather important, even if Ryner and Ferris do not look as interesting as Sion and the rest. I think you do not really need spoilers to see the importance of the comedy relief, if you take into account Ryner's monster-complex.

Two years ago he wouldn't even lift a finger, but after Kiefer's and Sion's acknowledging him as an important person and not a monster, he actually began moving. Of course, as we've seen, he's still unmotivated, but that's were Ferris comes in, and I believe that's yet another thing the anime has also been portraying, albeit in a more subtle way, since that's pretty much the way Ferris works when it comes down to expressing herself.

The whole beatings as comedy can indeed be annoying, but even that has its purpose. Now, I'm not sure if I remember correctly, but I remember reading in one of the first novels Ryner actually tends to avoid most of Ferris' hits, but he just pretends to be hit, just to play around. It's been quite some time since I've read the first novels, so do not really quote me on that one. But, either way, after the second time Ryner went berserk, I think it's been shown in quite a subtle manner that this time around, whenever Ferris hits him, is usually to change his mood, since lately he's been falling into depression rather easily. And, I believe, Ferris has been rather successful at changing - and even improving - Ryner's mood so far.

So, up to this point Ryner's development hasn't been tied to all this political game, but rather he's been developed little by little so that he can conquer his monster-complex.
Old 2010-09-25, 02:35   Link #879
AvianWing
lol whut?

Send a message via MSN to AvianWing
The scheming part back in mainland Roland involves idiotic nobles and wholesale slaughter. There's no maneuvering, no chess match, just Shion giving his speech about how he'll make this country better and nobles forgetting how to think. The assassination attempt from Gastalk brought some intrigue and action, but that's really it.

In Ryner and Ferris journey, we see what multiple relics are capable of doing and the influence of Gastalk. There were plenty of action, and they delved more into alpha stigma.

To say that Ryner and Ferris do not belong to this series is absurd. Without them, we don't really see much of the stuff outside Roland until Kiefer came along. And come on, this is a shounen series. I don't want to hear shion talk on and on and on arguing about how he would take a bite out of his meal after he finishes working.
AvianWing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-25, 02:38   Link #880
Darknemo2000

Send a message via AIM to Darknemo2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Used Can View Post
Well, the comedic relief does serve a purpose though, and I'd dare to say it is rather important, even if Ryner and Ferris do not look as interesting as Sion and the rest. I think you do not really need spoilers to see the importance of the comedy relief, if you take into account Ryner's monster-complex.

Two years ago he wouldn't even lift a finger, but after Kiefer's and Sion's acknowledging him as an important person and not a monster, he actually began moving. Of course, as we've seen, he's still unmotivated, but that's were Ferris comes in, and I believe that's yet another thing the anime has also been portraying, albeit in a more subtle way, since that's pretty much the way Ferris works when it comes down to expressing herself.

The whole beatings as comedy can indeed be annoying, but even that has its purpose. Now, I'm not sure if I remember correctly, but I remember reading in one of the first novels Ryner actually tends to avoid most of Ferris' hits, but he just pretends to be hit, just to play around. It's been quite some time since I've read the first novels, so do not really quote me on that one. But, either way, after the second time Ryner went berserk, I think it's been shown in quite a subtle manner that this time around, whenever Ferris hits him, is usually to change his mood, since lately he's been falling into depression rather easily. And, I believe, Ferris has been rather successful at changing - and even improving - Ryner's mood so far.

So, up to this point Ryner's development hasn't been tied to all this political game, but rather he's been developed little by little so that he can conquer his monster-complex.
The fact that you needed novel example to give more purpose to their characters points out to the half-assed job anime did on the two. You can view them in a better light only if you read novels where it explains more about them, but as far as anime-only goes it really screwed them up as a supposed main characters.
Darknemo2000 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
adventure, fantasy, shounen