AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2011-08-29, 14:22   Link #1981
Arabesque
Licensed Hunter-a-holic

Well, that was an informative trailer, if nothing else. Aside from the show looking great, it helped set up and showcase what's the setting is going about and gave us a look at the cast. Pretty good. Plus the music sounded pretty okay as well, but since this is Gundam I expect that the music be at least on a high standard from the get go.

Though I have to admit that I didn't expect Wolf to be ... well a Wolf. Or part wolf anyway
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin Sama View Post
Wolf's moving hair portion that looks like some sort of cybernetic implant, but will be forever taken now to be "real wolf ears" TM
Eh, I don't think it matters if they are cybernetic or genetic, in the end the guy is named wolf and has wolf shaped ears on his head that move. It's clear what they were going with his design, so I don't think making fun of it would be the worst thing out of the show.
Quote:
I know things like kids holding pictures of their mothers at funerals and looking really sad really makes me think kiddie saturday morning cartoon as do the parts where a kid is hanging out with serious looking military men while talking about building weapons like Gundams with their best friends on trains. Super kiddie stuff right here.
I don't know about ''serious looking'' since I thought they looked kinda goofy tbh, but I didn't think that there was anything specifically kiddie or none kiddie in the trailer. Multitude of kids shows used the whole dead parent shtick, and going by said shows that wasn't really what made them awesome or mediocre.

It's going to come down on how well the show holds on the rest of the story, not whether it's super kiddie or ultra serious in nature.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charred Knight View Post
With Akihiro Hino in charge of the story, I expect nothing but a fantastic story that can be enjoyed by anyone.
Yeah I have to say ''What?'' at this as well. Fantastic isn't a word I'd attach to Hino's stories. Funny? Enjoyable? Lighthearted? Sure, but I haven't seen (or rather, played) a game he worked on where I thought the story was the strong point.

That said, I want to believe that the guy is going to go out of his comfort zone here to actually create something that would be called fantastic. After all the negativity, I can't help but hope that he comes through.
Old 2011-08-29, 16:44   Link #1982
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

At the end of the day, the show looks like it could be a Go Nagai creation, which i'm quite happy about.
Old 2011-08-29, 18:35   Link #1983
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRAGUN H.E.X. View Post
it can't be, Wolf had wolf ears! an inumimi? thats why his name is Wolf?
He doesn't have animal ears on the back of his head. It's his hair. God damn I feel bad for the people working on AGE. Here they are trying to create a good show and express all their artistic and writing skill, and everyone rips the series apart at every chance they get. It's sad and unfair.

Anyway, even though I wanted to see a preview showcasing more of the AGE Gundam and Gafran, this one is still good. I've watched several times since ysterday. I'm getting nicely acquainted with the characters. I'm liking the character designs more and more, especially Flit's, it asn't as childish as it use to be. I'm not sure what's making me feel that way, but I like it more now. The show is looking great, setting, characters, mecha, etc. I'm already looking forward to the next preview.

Last edited by GN0010 Nosferatu; 2011-08-29 at 19:29.
GN0010 Nosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-29, 19:37   Link #1984
Jeffry2009
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Jeffry2009 Send a message via Yahoo to Jeffry2009
Did I just witnessed the guy who looked like Descartes Shaman (00 Movie) at the end of the trailer? I'm suprised.That's obligatory.
Jeffry2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-29, 19:38   Link #1985
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffry2009 View Post
Did I just witnessed the guy who looked like Descartes Shaman (00 Movie) at the end of the trailer? I'm suprised.That's obligatory.
Doesn't look anything like Descartes. Wolf is more a throw back to Loran Check in terms of his design.
Old 2011-08-29, 19:40   Link #1986
brightman
Ancient Member

Yup, its a Gundam alright... Right about this time in Gundam 00's lifecycle there were plenty talks about it being Yaoi Gundam and being full of traps. I think people will come around once they watch it (and it truly doesn't suck).

Anyway, looks good so far. And much less of a been there, done that sense that we got when Seed and 00 were unveiled.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GN0010 Nosferatu View Post
I'm liking the character designs more and more, especially Flit's, it asn't as childish as it use to be.
Yeah, it looks like they animated the characters to be less SD than in the concept art...
Old 2011-08-29, 19:47   Link #1987
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

Quote:
Originally Posted by brightman View Post
Yup, its a Gundam alright... Right about this time in Gundam 00's lifecycle there were plenty talks about it being Yaoi Gundam and being full of traps. I think people will come around once the watch it (and it really doesn't suck).

Anyway, looks good so far. And much less of a been there, done that sense that we got when Seed and 00 were unveiled.

Yeah, it looks like they animated the characters to be less SD than in the concept art...
What I liked most is how serious Flit looks in most of his scenes.
Old 2011-08-29, 19:51   Link #1988
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど

What Age needs is a few good death for it to rub on people. And deaths of cult favourites are inevitable.

Remember Nicol ? Neil ? Sergei ?

Let the speculation begins on who is the fist to go.
MakubeX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-29, 20:31   Link #1989
brightman
Ancient Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MakubeX2 View Post
That's the thing about this show spanning a century (or however many years its going to span) If people don't die onscreen, they're going to grow old and die eventually. I think for dramatic purposes, we might see quite a few of the former.
Old 2011-08-29, 21:03   Link #1990
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
Remember Nicol?
Some people try not to, with how much they played that damn card in SEED.
Old 2011-08-30, 01:57   Link #1991
Charred Knight

Quote:
What Age needs is a few good death for it to rub on people. And deaths of cult favourites are inevitable.

Remember Nicol ? Neil ? Sergei ?

Nicol was never a fan favorite, the guy was killed because they didn't have a use for him, and they could use his death to heighten drama.

Personally I would try to stay away from killing off the "popular fan favorite" simply because they forget why it worked in Fullmetal Alchemist, and instead we get something where some character whose supposed to be sympathetic kills the fan favorite character. It happened in both Gundam Seed Destiny, and Gundam 00.
Charred Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-30, 02:02   Link #1992
v717

Quote:
Originally Posted by kakakka View Post
There's also that guy in Union (00) Uniform I see.
There is a guy wearing a union uniform and a girl wearing a HRL uniform in the same scene.
v717 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-30, 02:28   Link #1993
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charred Knight View Post
Nicol was never a fan favorite, the guy was killed because they didn't have a use for him, and they could use his death to heighten drama.

Personally I would try to stay away from killing off the "popular fan favorite" simply because they forget why it worked in Fullmetal Alchemist, and instead we get something where some character whose supposed to be sympathetic kills the fan favorite character. It happened in both Gundam Seed Destiny, and Gundam 00.
I'm not here to argue about the justification and impact of a character's death on the narrative, past or present.

But since the general temperament surrounding Age is that it had betrayed the franchise's core audience by shifting the focus towards a younger crowd. I figured that the quick and fast way is to shake off this image to kill off a few likable characters after a bit of development as deaths are a part of the Gundam tradition.
MakubeX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-30, 03:42   Link #1994
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

Quote:
I'm not here to argue about the justification and impact of a character's death on the narrative, past or present.

But since the general temperament surrounding Age is that it had betrayed the franchise's core audience by shifting the focus towards a younger crowd. I figured that the quick and fast way is to shake off this image to kill off a few likable characters after a bit of development as deaths are a part of the Gundam tradition.
The series already has a lot of death in it, I'm surprised that hasn't shaken off the hate for the younger audience goal.
Old 2011-08-30, 05:31   Link #1995
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

Send a message via MSN to SonicSP
Well, the death of actual characters would emphasize that further I guess.
Old 2011-08-30, 10:46   Link #1996
Amuroray
Banned

hope this series isnt like seed or gw where the main character survuve the whole series without so much of a scratch and that theres an actual threat that they COULD die.
Amuroray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-30, 11:03   Link #1997
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amuroray View Post
hope this series isnt like seed or gw where the main character survuve the whole series without so much of a scratch and that theres an actual threat that they COULD die.
I'm pretty sure Heero dislocates his arm and blows up the Wing Gundam in such a way that lands him in a coma for a few months among other things so I don't see how he survives the show without a scratch. Kira on the other hand ends up in a mobile suit that blows up right in his face and comes out completely spotless and I can never remember a time where he so much as sees his own blood so the charge seems a little fairer there
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-30, 14:40   Link #1998
monster

Quote:
Kira on the other hand ends up in a mobile suit that blows up right in his face and comes out completely spotless and I can never remember a time where he so much as sees his own blood so the charge seems a little fairer there
Spotless? Nope, Kira's been bandaged at least once in both SEED and DESTINY. And he's been bedridden at least twice in SEED, plus all the emotional damage he's suffered.
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-30, 16:51   Link #1999
Amuroray
Banned

Quote:
I'm pretty sure Heero dislocates his arm and blows up the Wing Gundam in such a way that lands him in a coma for a few months among other things so I don't see how he survives the show without a scratch. Kira on the other hand ends up in a mobile suit that blows up right in his face and comes out completely spotless and I can never remember a time where he so much as sees his own blood so the charge seems a little fairer there
Wing gundam getting blown up and heero surviving that shows the problem in the series.No way anyone couldve survived it.Its unrealistic.In any other series the chracter wouldve died.Look at amuro and char.Both kicked the bucket.No unrealistic coming back from the dead nonsense.

Kira was never in any REAL danger.You knew he and his friends were always ok.Unrealistic.Its war ffs
Old 2011-08-30, 16:54   Link #2000
Amuroray
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by monster View Post
Spotless? Nope, Kira's been bandaged at least once in both SEED and DESTINY. And he's been bedridden at least twice in SEED, plus all the emotional damage he's suffered.
Lol@Emotional damage.Kira emotional damage doesnt even scratch the surface of any of the UC era pilots not even including the main characters.Everyone suffers in the old series like how in war were the soliders suffered greatly.

Wars not a fucking picnic but The other ERAS make it seem so eg seed.

Hopefully in gundam age the characters go through relistics journeys physically and mentally.