AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2014-09-04, 21:44   Link #1901
Student no.0
Part-time Warrior

Location: First star to the left, you should go there sometime.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
I very much doubt WSJ is "mad" at Togashi. He's made them a lot of money over the years. I would imagine they're as frustrated as he is that his health keeps getting in the way, and maybe they've tried suggesting he switch to monthly, or work with a full-time artist as a partner. But within all possible reason, I'm sure they'll work with him and try to find a way to make this happen.
Anyone in particular come to mind?

I wouldn't mind if HxH goes monthly (even though I'm not reading it yet), and hopefully it'd work out better for him.
Student no.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-04, 22:42   Link #1902
Dr. Dahm
Banned

Quote:
Chronic back problems are often not "fixable" unfortunately. Yet there can be good weeks among the bad ones - which fits with the overall pattern.
If it's bone disease related I'd expect the worst since we're heading into the cold months soon. Those tend to wreck the most damage on sufferers.
Dr. Dahm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-04, 22:54   Link #1903
Ramero
7th Order Knight / Hermit

Quote:
I very much doubt WSJ is "mad" at Togashi. He's made them a lot of money over the years. I would imagine they're as frustrated as he is that his health keeps getting in the way, and maybe they've tried suggesting he switch to monthly, or work with a full-time artist as a partner. But within all possible reason, I'm sure they'll work with him and try to find a way to make this happen.
If Togashi didn't make an agreement the pressure from manga debter will kept increased as the deadline will kept just haunting him.

He need to make an agreement with WSJ to switch the output series otherwise things will come worse.
Ramero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-05, 00:50   Link #1904
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Student no.0 View Post

I wouldn't mind if HxH goes monthly (even though I'm not reading it yet), and hopefully it'd work out better for him.
No one in particular - it doesn't have to be anyone of immense stature, maybe a young mangaka with talent for whom this could be a huge break. It would be a huge blow to Togashi's pride, which is why I suspect it will never happen (to some extent switching to one of Shuieshia's monthlies faces the same issue). But if indeed Togashi has some sort of degenerative disc problem, surely the drawing is far more taxing on his body than the scripting. Maybe he'll eventually face an inescapable choice of going that route or retiring outright.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-05, 01:14   Link #1905
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Well at least I'm not seeing "The entitled" here today. That's a good start.
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-05, 05:09   Link #1906
hawkeyesvn
The old ace of Arlington

Quote:
Originally Posted by Student no.0 View Post

Oh!Great would be my choice. He will work on the art ( And only the art! )and Togashi can just lie down, focus on the story. The awesome story of Togashi combine with Oh!Great beautiful art will give us more traps than ever!

I think Togashi have more troubles than just backache, it could be something mental-related.
Old 2014-09-10, 16:34   Link #1907
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

Quote:
I think Togashi have more troubles than just backache, it could be something mental-related.
Wild speculation will only make the fanbase worse than it is you know. I can already see the posts in other forums: I read from someone in the know that...
Proto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-19, 03:37   Link #1908
myopius

I like the fanbase.

http://jin115.com/archives/52042322.html

Jump (rough TL): "Author Togashi Yoshihiro-sensei's health condition is more unsatisfactory than was assumed, and in order to devote himself to medical treatment, he will be taking a rest for the time being."

Kind of reassuring to have it stated so unequivocally. Something is still odd about the whole situation with Togashi, but whatever.
myopius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-02, 08:18   Link #1909
Breimoon

any news for next ch? It has been a long long time........
Breimoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-02, 10:36   Link #1910
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

If there is news, it'd be here.
Old 2015-05-11, 03:27   Link #1911
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/inte...inished/.87979

I'll admit, I laughed a little while reading this. There really was no reason for this series to continue after Gon finally met Gin. There were loose ends such as Kurapika's journey but we haven't seen him since a decade ago.
omimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-11, 09:14   Link #1912
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

I disagree. And I don't think the news is that funny. Or sad, for that matter. In fact I don't really see a problem here. A store is selling a set of all the volumes that have been published up until now? How is this problematic?
Old 2015-05-11, 09:50   Link #1913
Kazu-kun

I agree with omimon. A story's natural ending is when the main premise is fulfilled. When Gon met Gin, that was the ending. It's true there were loose ends, but those could have been resolved in spin-offs if the author ever felt like doing it.
Old 2015-05-11, 17:30   Link #1914
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Well if the writer wants to continue it, it's his right to do so.
Old 2015-05-11, 17:38   Link #1915
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
I agree with omimon. A story's natural ending is when the main premise is fulfilled. When Gon met Gin, that was the ending. It's true there were loose ends, but those could have been resolved in spin-offs if the author ever felt like doing it.
Sure, if the manga had ended when Gon met Ging, and the Gyro, Kurapika/Phantom Troupe stuff was handled in light novels or something, no one would have minded.

It's the fact that he continued and we're still in hiatus hell that annoys people.

Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Endscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-11, 18:18   Link #1916
marvelB

For some reason, this news doesn't really surprise me. Though this does sort of make me wonder if Togashi would consider making an ending exclusive to the volume releases, kinda like what Takei did for Shaman King....
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-11, 18:30   Link #1917
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post
Well if the writer wants to continue it, it's his right to do so.
That's besides the point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endscape View Post
Sure, if the manga had ended when Gon met Ging, and the Gyro, Kurapika/Phantom Troupe stuff was handled in light novels or something, no one would have minded.

It's the fact that he continued and we're still in hiatus hell that annoys people.
Absolutely. Even a separate manga would have been preferable than this.
Old 2015-05-11, 21:46   Link #1918
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

This is not news. It's just ANN trying to be snarky, as always.

I do think what we have could serve as an ending, but by no means do I think the story continuing feels out of place. One could argue that the D.C. arc has been teased through the entire series, and the central relationship in the series - Gon & Killua - is completely in flux and needs closure desperately.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-11, 22:10   Link #1919
SILENTANIMELOVER

It's no surprise to me. Something like this was bound to happen. No one could tolerate this hiatuses forever. Hunter x Hunter needed to be put out to pasture. Either end it now or leave the series eternally inconclusive.
SILENTANIMELOVER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-11, 23:17   Link #1920
Kazu-kun

Quote:
I do think what we have could serve as an ending, but by no means do I think the story continuing feels out of place. One could argue that the D.C. arc has been teased through the entire series, and the central relationship in the series - Gon & Killua - is completely in flux and needs closure desperately.
D.C. might have been teased, but it's pretty much a new story, not just a new arc. Gon's story is done. That doesn't mean Gon's adventures have to end for good, but anything beyond this point would have worked better as a separate series. Hunter x Hunter should have ended when Gon met Gin.

Tags
overpowered villain