AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fate/ Series > F/SN UBW TV Spoiler Threads (for Franchise Veterans)

Notices

View Poll Results: F/SN UBW TV - Episode 12 Rating
Perfect 10 43 56.58%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 28 36.84%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 2 2.63%
7 out of 10 : Good 2 2.63%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 1.32%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 76. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2014-12-30, 10:45   Link #141
Kimiko Khan
reality has no meaning

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
She's not trying to deflect the swords to any specific point. She wasn't having a problem hitting the balls, after all, just getting them to go flying in a certain direction.
ya i know. the thought just made the scene made the scene more amusing to me
Old 2014-12-30, 10:54   Link #142
HtwoN

Quote:
Originally Posted by kakakka View Post
Agreed with the last part, but disagreed with the first part. If we go by what have shown, it's not far that Rin would pull something like this just to tease and make fun of Shirou. But timing and length is what made this so hard to watch through.
Pardon me...

It is clearly stated when they are eating on the park that Rin wants to make Shirou to feel better. After all what happened to him recently and she finding out that he has no personal enjoyment, she wants him to have some "fun" and back to "normal". That's all the purpose behind the "date". And she ultimately fails because of Shirou's personality.

Mitsuzuri told Shirou earlier that he never really smiled. He don't have any fun in normal life. But did we see that? No. But we have a chance to see that very clearly here. You are supposed to feel that the "date" is not normal, because Shirou is not normal.

Also, this shows that they are still teenagers that have their own lives, not people who pursuing the Grail. They are still going to school, doing normal stuffs. Remember that mages avoid fighting in public, so I don't see any problem with them doing normal things during the day, when normally nothing happens. They are not soldiers, they need to catch a damn break. You guys have no problem with Shirou going to school, to the store during the day, why bashing a little date on valentine's day like it's not part of normal life? I fail to understand.

Call it fanservice if you may,but the date has a meaning behind it. If you fail to gasp, it's your problem.

Btw, good job on changing the topic, Thess. People calling Shirou stupid really makes me tired already.
HtwoN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-30, 11:05   Link #143
Iron Maw
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levani View Post
Shirou was in a critical situation, it's not like he can just sit down, take his time and come up with the best possible move he can make. He made a mistake and paid the price, that's all there is to it.
Him making a mistake wasn't the problem, it was kind of mistake he made that is the issue. Shirou has been plenty critical situations at this point and he knows quite well what servant battles are like: brutal, fast and unpredictable. It doesn't matter whether he meant to start one or not because as soon as one happens you aren't coming out in one piece if throw out whatever comes to mind. I'd more accepting of his actions if he hadn't come off all calm and collected before or had this happened in his first couple fights... but instead he's still making novice like misstep this far into the story like a big nono.

I really would have prefer that Caster had gotten Saber through her own cunning plans rather Shirou slipping up in a way he didn't have to.

Quote:
Isn't said in the other episode that Archer would only observe from afar as long as they don't see eye to eye on dealing with Shirou? Been going on since that ambush against Kuzuki.
Ah, I think your right, but that begs the question on how the field was setup with out his notice? It's been implied that these take time and it would be way too convenient if just happened to be there prior to the outing.
Iron Maw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-30, 11:10   Link #144
kakakka

Quote:
Originally Posted by HtwoN View Post
Pardon me...

It is clearly stated when they are eating on the park that Rin wants to make Shirou to feel better. After all what happened to him recently and she finding out that he has no personal enjoyment, she wants him to have some "fun" and back to "normal". That's all the purpose behind the "date". And she ultimately fails because of Shirou's personality.

I watched it too, it's not like I don't know what you're saying. But that feels just like that. The date is forced on Shirou and Rin gained amusement on that. On top of that, there's threat brewing around just to act casual outside. Sorry if you fail to understand that.
kakakka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-30, 11:15   Link #145
HtwoN

Quote:
I watched it too, it's not like I don't know what you're saying. But that feels just like that. The date is forced on Shirou and Rin gained amusement on that. On top of that, there's threat brewing around just to act casual outside. Sorry if you fail to understand that.
Read the rest of my previous post please.
Old 2014-12-30, 11:17   Link #146
kakakka

Quote:
Read the rest of my previous post please.
I did. Still doesn't changed my opinion about it.
kakakka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-30, 11:20   Link #147
Levani
貴方が私のマスターか?

Quote:
Him making a mistake wasn't the problem, it was kind of mistake he made that is the issue. Shirou has been plenty critical situations at this point and he knows quite well what servant battles are like: brutal, fast and unpredictable. It doesn't matter whether he meant to start one or not because as soon as one happens you aren't coming out in one piece if throw out whatever comes to mind. I'd more accepting of his actions if he hadn't come off all calm and collected before or had this happened in his first couple fights... but instead he's still making novice like misstep this far into the story like a big nono.

I really would have prefer that Caster had gotten Saber through her own cunning plans rather Shirou slipping up in a way he didn't have to
But this is the first time a hostage has been taken. It's a different situation in which he has no experience how to handle.
Levani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-30, 11:20   Link #148
Kallen4life

Quote:
The date is forced on Shirou
oh yes, such a horrible fate - spending a whole day with Rin (and Saber)

poor Shirou
We are Blackwatch
We are the last line of defense
We will burn our own to hold the red line, it is the last line to ever hold
Kallen4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-30, 11:24   Link #149
HtwoN

Quote:
I did. Still doesn't changed my opinion about it.
Well, ok. I don't intent to change your opinion.
Old 2014-12-30, 11:24   Link #150
ShadowSamurai365

Quote:
Pardon me...

Mitsuzuri told Shirou earlier that he never really smiled. He don't have any fun in normal life. But did we see that? No. But we have a chance to see that very clearly here. You are supposed to feel that the "date" is not normal, because Shirou is not normal.

Also, this shows that they are still teenagers that have their own lives, not people who pursuing the Grail. They are still going to school, doing normal stuffs. Remember that mages avoid fighting in public, so I don't see any problem with them doing normal things during the day, when normally nothing happens. They are not soldiers, they need to catch a damn break. You guys have no problem with Shirou going to school, to the store during the day, why bashing a little date on valentine's day like it's not part of normal life? I fail to understand.

Call it fanservice if you may,but the date has a meaning behind it. If you fail to gasp, it's your problem.

Btw, good job on changing the topic, Thess. People calling Shirou stupid really makes me tired already.
You got a good point. When it was mentioned that Shirou wasn't smiling or enjoying himself ( at that point in the VN), I had a disturbed feeling for some reason. Now that you've mentioned it, (it may be small thing to others), but had there ever been a scene where Shirou cry or laugh?
ShadowSamurai365 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-30, 11:42   Link #151
HtwoN

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowSamurai365 View Post
You got a good point. When it was mentioned that Shirou wasn't smiling or enjoying himself ( at that point in the VN), I had a disturbed feeling for some reason. Now that you've mentioned it, (it may be small thing to others), but had there ever been a scene where Shirou cry or laugh?
Smile? Here and there. But those smiles are mainly because other people are happy around him.

Cry? Coming soon

I would say aside from what Mitsuzuri said, he seems to live a pretty normal life. But the conversation with Rin in episode 11 and the date show us that he doesn't. He doesn't enjoy magecraft, which he practices everyday. And now if he doesn't even enjoy himself when going on a date with the girl he likes, could he have fun with anything else?
Old 2014-12-30, 12:21   Link #152
R.LocK
My turn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Maw View Post
Ah, I think your right, but that begs the question on how the field was setup with out his notice? It's been implied that these take time and it would be way too convenient if just happened to be there prior to the outing.
Fate/Zero says hi. Yep, the field was a leftover from Cthulhu battle.

Quote:
For me, the issue wasn't his choice, but the command he gave Saber which led to this mess in the first place. He should have said "retreat" not "stop". The later was extreme poor choice given they were in a servant battle. It would have been bad no matter who the opponent was or their technique.
Okay, you're distraught, your brain is a complete mess, and you're trying to stop someone. Do you scream Stop or Retreat? It's the most humane thing from Shirou this episode aside from blushing for 10 minutes straight.
R.LocK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-30, 12:41   Link #153
GreyZone
"Senior" "Member"

The expectations people have of Shirou... Even in real life we have SUPER PROs at soccer, who are considered the best people of their sport in the world... but sometimes even they still cannot shoot the ball into a clear goal, but instead shoot it 10 meters above it. But since they are Pros, that is perfectly O.K., because of stuff like "tension" and it's fine, because perhaps you are that soccer player's fan or something. Fictional characters, of course, must always act perfectly without EVER messing up. Because... [insert stupid excuse here]
Old 2014-12-30, 12:43   Link #154
dmaxzero

True cruelty making us wait until April.
But solid show, solid quality. Really enjoyed it.
dmaxzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-30, 12:50   Link #155
Iron Maw
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levani View Post
But this is the first time a hostage has been taken. It's a different situation in which he has no experience how to handle.
He doesn't need to go through the exact same ordeal to be able to make an informed decision to solve or reduce the damage of another situation. Like said my problem doesn't lie in the negotiation part of the hostage crisis or with him stopping Saber as much how he did it. Results just mean he still doesn't have an handle on to how command his servant under pressure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by R.LocK View Post
Fate/Zero says hi. Yep, the field was a leftover from Cthulhu battle.
Whoa, that's neat! I guess Caster found about it during her killings in the city.

Quote:
Okay, you're distraught, your brain is a complete mess, and you're trying to stop someone. Do you scream Stop or Retreat? It's the most humane thing from Shirou this episode aside from blushing for 10 minutes straight.
Not necessarily, I don't see Rin, Kritsugu or the older masters making the same mistake. It just means Shirou is still too inexperienced and his emotions where nowhere as in check as he first appeared in this encounter. He wasn't ever the most calm or quickest thinker in these sort of situation anyway so my expectations where most likely misplaced a bit.
Iron Maw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-30, 12:56   Link #156
novalysis

Is it my imagination, or does Illya's attire this episode resemble her Fate Prisma dress?
novalysis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-30, 12:57   Link #157
GDB

In case people forgot, Rin also used a Command Spell in an emotional rage back in Episode 0.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-30, 13:03   Link #158
R.LocK
My turn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Maw View Post
Whoa, that's neat! I guess Caster found about it during her killings in the city.
She hasn't exactly killed anyone yet, her original master (Cornelius, eh?) aside.

Quote:
Not necessarily, I don't see Rin, Kritsugu or the older masters making the same mistake. It just means Shirou is still too inexperienced and his emotions where nowhere as in check as he first appeared in this encounter. He wasn't ever the most calm or quickest thinker in these sort of situation anyway so my expectations where most likely misplaced a bit.
If he ever appeared as if he was in control of himself... Well, no matter. His origin's another factor that makes him quite inadequate to give orders, anyway.
R.LocK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-30, 13:12   Link #159
ShadowSamurai365

Quote:
Smile? Here and there. But those smiles are mainly because other people are happy around him.

Cry? Coming soon

I would say aside from what Mitsuzuri said, he seems to live a pretty normal life. But the conversation with Rin in episode 11 and the date show us that he doesn't. He doesn't enjoy magecraft, which he practices everyday. And now if he doesn't even enjoy himself when going on a date with the girl he likes, could he have fun with anything else?
You got a good point, and him not enjoying himself at those point in time is something I recognized. I sort of realized this on episode 11 of the VN. I was just shocked (at that point in the VN) that he didn't enjoy "magic", despite the fact that he practiced for years (and from what the VN stated, practicing his magic brought him close to death many times); so it makes me realize more is going on here (and if you add the Shirou/Archer talk). I guess it's these kinds of things that makes you know who's paying attention and who aren't.
ShadowSamurai365 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-30, 15:18   Link #160
Tenzen12

Well it's nor like Rin and Shiro went on date unprotected, they had Saber with them afterall.