AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Durarara!!

Notices

View Poll Results: Durarara!!x2 Shou - Episode 1 Rating
Perfect 10 8 21.62%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 10 27.03%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 13 35.14%
7 out of 10 : Good 4 10.81%
6 out of 10 : Average 2 5.41%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 37. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2015-01-11, 01:46   Link #41
BloodyKitty
Raindrop Melancholy

Images
guess who
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Isaac & Miria , when the hell did you become actors?

Love the first episode. A lot happened, but some things never change, indeed. Love the cast as always.
The fact that you hate
The fact that you scream
The fact that you suffer
The fact that you mourn
The fact that you despair
Or the fact that you come to a resolution

Cannot prove that you are right.
~Everybody Has the Right to Make Mistakes~ - Quoted from Kino's Journey Vol. 12
Old 2015-01-11, 02:05   Link #42
ACertainStark
お姉さん☆

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utsuro no Hako View Post
I'm not even sure Shinra's crazy. He's not in love with Celty because he has some fetish for headless girls (unlike Seiji, who is 100% certifiable). He loves her because Celty's an awesome person, and the fact that she's missing her head doesn't mean anything more to him than if she were blind, paraplegic or had horrible burn scars across her face.

The only reason he doesn't want her finding her head is because he's afraid it would make her a different person.
Yep. It doesn't affect his perception of her to the extent he's scared he may lose her if she regains what she had lost. Her "faults" don't matter, which I think is sweet.
Old 2015-01-11, 03:19   Link #43
Chosen_Hero

Great episode, only thing that ruined it for me was having to see Miyukis face plastered on the van, almoat had a PTSD moment with all the oni-sama while seeing her face. Loved how they casually mentioned the A Certain series.

Now if they were to secretly sneak in the crossover into this season...
Old 2015-01-11, 04:28   Link #44
Kallen4life

Celty is so uber cute and nice and also hot
We are Blackwatch
We are the last line of defense
We will burn our own to hold the red line, it is the last line to ever hold
Old 2015-01-11, 05:04   Link #45
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

It's finally back! Let's party like it's 2010!

That was a good re-introduction episode. As Mikado put it, nothing has changed. Everything was exactly as it was in the first season.

The OP and ED were good. It's a shame the OP has the names in kanji this time around, it's going to make it harder to keep track of everybody, including the half a dozen new characters. Hopefully, somebody will make a chart.
Old 2015-01-11, 07:44   Link #46
Iron Maw
Banned

After a rewatch I finally figured out what the hell that thing on Emilia's head was and... it's gas mask.

BTW interesting enough among huge anime and LNs references throughout this episode there was one reference that wasn't from Japan at all.

Images
Hotline Mami?
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Honestly not sure this was really intentional or not but I past this staff if were.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
Good to have the gang back doing what it's good at.
But damn, that thing about Index was quite a surprise and a punch in the gut at the same time.
The most amusing part of this that you can Shuka probably delayed the premiere to this date just so they could that joke.

The timing way too good for that to be a mere coincidence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Random Wanderer View Post
I seem to recall him being obsessed with her at first because she was supernatural, and it taking a fair amount of time after that before he clearly liked her simply as her.
He still has some interest in her from scientific viewpoint (he is a doctor after all) but doesn't it superseded his actual love for her as a person (well as much as you can define Celty as person). He hasn't experimented on her beyond that one time he was 4-5 years old with Shingen. He just probes her from time to time by asking harmless questions like "how do you see without eyes" and whatnot. Shinra basically only wishes to understand her existence more, but otherwise wouldn't do anything she was comfortable with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
The OP and ED were good. It's a shame the OP has the names in kanji this time around, it's going to make it harder to keep track of everybody, including the half a dozen new characters. Hopefully, somebody will make a chart.
Yeah, I'm hope Crunchyroll finds sometime to subtitle the names in the coming episodes. I remember a lot of people saying back in S1 how the OP names were a big help in point out who was who. Now with a 5 year gap and several new faces joining the cast it well probably even more necessary this time around.
Old 2015-01-11, 08:16   Link #47
JiCi

Saw it... let's see now...
Spoiler for my review:
Old 2015-01-11, 10:35   Link #48
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

It's great to have this show back. It may have been a simple reintroductory episode, but it I'm sure it won't be long before I'm loving it as much as I did four years ago.
Old 2015-01-11, 11:40   Link #49
Utsuro no Hako

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Maw View Post
The most amusing part of this that you can Shuka probably delayed the premiere to this date just so they could that joke.

Considering the insane rate at which Kamachi writes, the odds of him having a new Index novel coming out in the next three months are nearly 100%. The only way it wouldn't have worked is if this were the month the book were coming out.
Old 2015-01-11, 11:47   Link #50
Kallen4life

Quote:
- Isn't it a bit... weird that Shingen treats Celty that nonchalantly? I dunno, there's something unnerving about that.
Shingen is a freak
We are Blackwatch
We are the last line of defense
We will burn our own to hold the red line, it is the last line to ever hold
Old 2015-01-11, 12:56   Link #51
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Also is it just me or did the named cast suddenly explode?
Old 2015-01-11, 13:01   Link #52
JiCi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kallen4life View Post
Shingen is a freak
My point still stands that it's a little unnerving...
Old 2015-01-11, 13:34   Link #53
Utsuro no Hako

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post
Also is it just me or did the named cast suddenly explode?
Yeah, and it's going to get more ridiculous. Someone should probably do screen grabs from the OP and translate the new characters.
Old 2015-01-11, 14:12   Link #54
MCAL

I actually haven't watched the first season, but I have been reading the manga adaption, so I think I'll be able to follow this just fine.\

Nice introductory episode btw.
Old 2015-01-11, 14:56   Link #55
R.LocK
My turn

Quote:

Considering how Shirobako casually slipped in their own rating into still airing anime... Well, no, not really.
Old 2015-01-11, 23:21   Link #56
shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!

Did Mikado sounded that girly back then? Or is it just me that have forgotten?
Either way, Mikado's girly voice is getting a bit hard to swallow.
Old 2015-01-11, 23:56   Link #57
Iron Maw
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by JiCi View Post
- How the Hell can she lose her payment when it was possibly tucked in pretty tighly in her jumpsuit???
Celty's jumpsuit is made of shadows which are normal controlled by her emotions, so it's not unlikely that she could drop it in distress during her escape from Kuzuhara and the media. Plus she used a ton of shadows to make that Stealth Bomber and fly, something she's never done before.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utsuro no Hako View Post
Considering the insane rate at which Kamachi writes, the odds of him having a new Index novel coming out in the next three months are nearly 100%. The only way it wouldn't have worked is if this were the month the book were coming out.
Ah good point. Still a nice bit of meta fun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shmaster View Post
Did Mikado sounded that girly back then? Or is it just me that have forgotten?
Either way, Mikado's girly voice is getting a bit hard to swallow.
It's been long time since I watched the sub of S1 (the dub is more recent so I remember it better), but I do vaguely remember Toyonaga varying his tone pitch between "soft" and "not soft" quite a bit with him. It's usually lower and more frank when he interacted with Kida, unlike with Anri where he tends to be more reserved and nervous.

Last edited by Iron Maw; 2015-01-12 at 00:15.
Old 2015-01-12, 02:47   Link #58
BPD Renegade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
I have tried making a character relation chart out of amusement... By the end of the thirteenth novel, it was a complete mess. It is impossible. Every single friggin' character is related somehow to every other friggin' character. (It's not actually impossible, but it would need to be extremely large and would take up a $h*t ton of time).

Quote:
Yeah, I'm hope Crunchyroll finds sometime to subtitle the names in the coming episodes. I remember a lot of people saying back in S1 how the OP names were a big help in point out who was who. Now with a 5 year gap and several new faces joining the cast it well probably even more necessary this time around.
If it's like S1, the first cour will probably stay in kanji, and the second cour will be in English.

--Edit--
New OP character names:
Spoiler for screenshots+names:

And there's STILL the characters in the ED that aren't in the OP.

Last edited by BPD Renegade; 2015-01-12 at 03:02.
Old 2015-01-12, 03:37   Link #59
Iron Maw
Banned

You could also just take the names from the official season 2 English site right here.
Old 2015-01-12, 05:39   Link #60
Mubyoshi

Was hesitant to start this one up because I kept getting this feeling that I didn't really enjoy S1. But then it seems I'm probably just not remembering things properly, episode 1 was enjoyable.
Closed Thread