AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2014-10-24, 01:00   Link #1021
The_Codfish

Since the PCs have been referred to as creators, they might be considered divine by the world's NPCs? They could be what the LoTR elves were to the rest of the races in their world; immortal until they move on to some other worldly place where (most) no one else can follow.
The_Codfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-24, 01:00   Link #1022
Ghoststaker

I wouldn't put aside a case of a time slip... like how momo could have come 500 years after the other players... speculation but.. the author may do it
Old 2014-10-24, 02:09   Link #1023
ChineseGuy

I'll be posting a rough translation for part 4 for the next few hours here. I'm unsure of a ton of names, will use [NAME] to signify name. Probably can be guessed from context. The raws are weird/uses a style I'm not familiar with/is butchered so the translations might end up weird. I am proficient in Chinese. Read the grey parts if you want to know what the raws says without heavy editing cause it doesn't really fit well into English.

Sounds of horses approaching could be heard.

Even if its trained horses, no, because they are trained horses the feeling of death could be felt.

The enemy, having only four or five people, had large distances between them, despite that,
the village was greatly surrounded.

What methods must be used, to escape from the encirclement that would not even let a single drop of water through?

Nearby there are unseen traps that if activated would put a great risk upon their lives.

A defensive battle against magic chanters would be foolish, however if there were good archers capable of long range attacks by your side,
it would have been an entirely different matter, if not, long range combat against magic chanters must be avoided.

If the houses made of stone, or if there was a stone wall surrounding the city, a defensive battle might be possible,
however employing wooden houses in the village to defend against the enemy's magic is unsafe. They might even
burn down and kill them.

To make the village into a battlefield, to forcibly drag [Anzi.Owan.Gown] into the fight, that could ultimately be said to be
a heretical (unholy) approach.

Despite making this judgement, [Jie Fu] decided to forcibly force a breakthrough.
No, due to the circumstances, this was the only way. There was no way to win the coming battle.

馬匹的激動情緒從雙腳傳來。

Sounds of horses approaching could be heard.

即使是受過訓練的軍馬——不,正因為是軍馬,更能感受即將踏入死地的感覺吧。

Even if its trained horses, no, because its trained horses the feeling of death could be felt.

對手雖然只有四、五人,卻將整個村莊大大包圍,因此每個人之間的間隔都很大。不過應該利用了什麼方法,讓這 個包圍網滴水不漏吧。
也就是說附近設有什麼陷阱,只要踩到就會遭遇致命的襲擊吧。

The enemy, due to only having four or five people, the distance between each of them were large,
despite that, the village was greatly surrounded. What methods must be used, so as to escape from the encirclement?
Nearby there are deadly traps which if activated will kill them. //(wtf? the raws feels butchered, would appreciate it being fixed by someone, I'm taking a lot of liberty with this part)

雖然如此判斷,葛傑夫還是決定強行突破。不,是以現狀來說,只有這個辦法。
遠距離戰沒有勝算。

In spite of this judgement, [Jie Fu] decided to brute force a way through.
No, due to the circumstances, this was the only way.
There's no way to win with ranged combat/in the distant fight.

如果身邊有擅長遠距離攻擊的弓箭手還另當別論,若是沒有,一定要避免和魔法吟唱者進行遠距離戰 鬥。
防守戰更是愚昧的作法。

If there were good archers capable of long range attacks by your side,
it would have been another matter, if not, long ranged combat with magic chanters must be avoided.
A defensive fight against such would be foolish.

如果是石造房子,或是堅固的城寨就算了,以木製房屋來抵擋魔法實在很不安。搞不好可能連同整間房子一起燃燒 。
最後只剩下一種可說是旁門左道的方法。

If there were houses made of stone, or if this was a stone walled city, then so be it,
however employing wooden houses to defend against magic is unsafe. They might even
get killed by a house that gets burnt down. That could ultimately be said to be
a heretical (unholy) approach.

就是讓村莊變成戰場,在戰鬥時將安茲·烏爾·恭也牽扯進來,強制讓他參戰。

It is make the village into a battlefield, while fighting [Anzi·Owan·Gown] was dragged in,
forcing him to fight.

//

-DROPPED TRANSLATION CAUSE CoCayn HAS ALREADY ALMOST FINISHED THIS PART-

Last edited by ChineseGuy; 2014-10-24 at 03:12. Reason: I'm still translating/editing it.
ChineseGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-24, 02:37   Link #1024
Atomic Daisy

Hey guys, just wanted to pop in and say thanks for the update!

Looking forward to the next chapter.

Was sure that the Angel was gonna be more of a unique character, didn't expect it to be a summon, lol.
Atomic Daisy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-24, 03:03   Link #1025
aurel1

can we expect a mass release @halloween..?

@chineseguy : why you not send your draft to cocayn/ghostalker...?
Old 2014-10-24, 03:09   Link #1026
CoCayn

Quote:
Originally Posted by aurel1 View Post
can we expect a mass release @halloween..?

@chineseguy : why you not send your draft to cocayn/ghostalker...?
Part 4 is actually almost completely translated. We are currently working on the editing. We will try to finish volume 1 before Halloween.
CoCayn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-24, 03:11   Link #1027
ChineseGuy

Oh, I just started on the draft. I can go on and translate chapter 5 or you could send me the draft for chapter 4 for me to help rectify/proof read.
Old 2014-10-24, 03:14   Link #1028
ChineseGuy

I'll start working on chapter 5 and it will be posted here after I've finished reading chapter 4 and dinner. (bits by bits and extremely ugly while at work)

I take that back, not posting here.

Last edited by ChineseGuy; 2014-10-24 at 08:32.
Old 2014-10-24, 03:15   Link #1029
CoCayn

I have send you a private message
Old 2014-10-24, 03:16   Link #1030
Shinja

Oufff !! Finished to read the first chapter: massive amount of descriptions with nothing actually happening, the author seems to think too highly of himself. (More than sayonara ryuusei's author with his gary stu mc !)Should i really continue reading this or it will be the same later ?
Shinja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-24, 03:22   Link #1031
aurel1

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoCayn View Post
Part 4 is actually almost completely translated. We are currently working on the editing. We will try to finish volume 1 before Halloween.
ow yeahhh.. i can't wait to read the momonga OPness
Old 2014-10-24, 03:23   Link #1032
ChineseGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinja View Post
Oufff !! Finished to read the first chapter: massive amount of descriptions with nothing actually happening, the author seems to think too highly of himself. (More than sayonara ryuusei's author with his gary stu mc !)Should i really continue reading this or it will be the same later ?
Its the writing style of the author, it stays that way though its rather interesting. I recommend the read.
Old 2014-10-24, 03:32   Link #1033
CoCayn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinja View Post
Depending on what you expects from a mc.

Here the mc is:
- OP, but doesn't go overboard with his power
- Lost most of his humanity (because he is a lich)
- No attachment to other humans
- Try to understand this world first
- He needs to keep up his Overlord act for his minions.
His companions/servants always misunderstands him which leads to unwanted events.
Old 2014-10-24, 04:52   Link #1034
nasur05

CoCayn and the guys, thank you for the translation, dream really do come true

hmm so u guys are planning on finishing volume 1 before halloween? that would be lets see chapter 5 too right? part 3 was short though but i am a patient fan i can wait, heck i read re:monster, compared to it you guys are basically translating at warp speeds.

thank you for your hard work, the fifth chapter is named ruler of death, omg it sounds sooo good, can someone plz give me a small spoiler ( or big i dont mind)?
nasur05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-24, 08:06   Link #1035
nasur05

Quote:
Your prayers have been heard here is the new release
https://docs.google.com/a/socuna.com...ge5-Dj-Hs/edit

If you want to speed up the translation, you need to sacrifice some humaninsects to our Goddess Albedo
ALL HAIL ALBEDO! a wonderful woman if i do say so myself
Old 2014-10-24, 08:22   Link #1036
Ghoststaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by nasur05 View Post
CoCayn and the guys, thank you for the translation, dream really do come true

hmm so u guys are planning on finishing volume 1 before halloween? that would be lets see chapter 5 too right? part 3 was short though but i am a patient fan i can wait, heck i read re:monster, compared to it you guys are basically translating at warp speeds.

thank you for your hard work, the fifth chapter is named ruler of death, omg it sounds sooo good, can someone plz give me a small spoiler ( or big i dont mind)?
Well I'm going to state the not so spoiler-ish spoiler... Ainz one-shots everyone...

We're going to start on Chapter 5 soon-ish
Old 2014-10-24, 08:41   Link #1037
CoCayn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghoststaker View Post
Well I'm going to state the not so spoiler-ish spoiler... Ainz one-shots everyone...

We're going to start on Chapter 5 soon-ish
Yes, Ghost just finished translating part 4 and we will probably release it this weekend and start our work on part 5 (Which is basically 16 pages of Momonga Opness)
Old 2014-10-24, 08:54   Link #1038
The_Codfish

Quote:
Which is basically 16 pages of Momonga Opness
Ah. Excellent. What a fine way to spend the last week of October.
The_Codfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-24, 10:43   Link #1039
VooXoo

From the last translated chapter and the description of the magical items and the conquerors seems like the theory of Yggdrasil players teleported in the new word at random is the right one.
Maybe a guild was teleported in the past , like Ainz tomb, the players inside had different ideas on what to do and gone in their own way.
Some made a church, some a army, some teached Ygg techniques.
But probably they had a normal lifespan or were killed...
After all if I was teleported in a game world with a maxed PC I would probably start a totally different life.
Now, Momonga is a undead, his lifespan should be indefinite.
the ressurection of the dragon king is suspicious...maybe a player who had a dragon-like PC can return to life after a certain amount of time passed? Maybe he had a auto-resurection skill and it was changed in the real world, like Momonga death knight.
The possibilities for this story are immense, and the fact is not a guy stuck in a virtual world but in a alternate reality with his PC body made real make it way more interesting than other MMO novels, I hate the fact MMO novels have over the top battles but in "reality" the MC is a small room in a pseudo-coma, is like a dream inside a dream, boring.
VooXoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-24, 12:00   Link #1040
nasur05

Quote:
Originally Posted by VooXoo View Post
From the last translated chapter and the description of the magical items and the conquerors seems like the theory of Yggdrasil players teleported in the new word at random is the right one.
Maybe a guild was teleported in the past , like Ainz tomb, the players inside had different ideas on what to do and gone in their own way.
Some made a church, some a army, some teached Ygg techniques.
But probably they had a normal lifespan or were killed...
After all if I was teleported in a game world with a maxed PC I would probably start a totally different life.
Now, Momonga is a undead, his lifespan should be indefinite.
the ressurection of the dragon king is suspicious...maybe a player who had a dragon-like PC can return to life after a certain amount of time passed? Maybe he had a auto-resurection skill and it was changed in the real world, like Momonga death knight.
The possibilities for this story are immense, and the fact is not a guy stuck in a virtual world but in a alternate reality with his PC body made real make it way more interesting than other MMO novels, I hate the fact MMO novels have over the top battles but in "reality" the MC is a small room in a pseudo-coma, is like a dream inside a dream, boring.
music to my ears my friend, this and re:monster are my two main favorites. this thing is allot more intresting too

Tags
fantasy, harem, lich, transfer to another world, world domination