AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Claymore

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-10-05, 20:37   Link #1401
Ryuken
Claymore #01

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryus View Post
Well, I like this one. Nice job @Ryus.
Old 2009-10-06, 09:57   Link #1402
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryuken View Post
Well, I like this one. Nice job @Ryus.
That's definitely my favorite too, like he's rising from the depths of hell for some more fun ^_^
Old 2009-10-07, 21:41   Link #1403
Ryus
The One Eyed King

I found 3 more Rigardo Avatars on my computer... well there all really just different cuts of the same image but they all look great. Sadly I don't know the artist.

Colored Panel Images
Spoiler for 3 images:

I have/will edited these images into my previous Rigardo Avatar post. Purely for archival purposes, so all his avatars will be together.
Old 2009-10-07, 21:46   Link #1404
revan5
Dark Lord of Animesuki

Location: The Kingdom of Orange...you can't beat the Cuse, in basketball or snowfall!
Quote:
I found 3 more Rigardo Avatars on my computer... well there all really just different cuts of the same image but they all look great. Sadly I don't know the artist.

Colored Panel Images
Spoiler for 3 images:

I have/will edited these images into my previous Rigardo Avatar post. Purely for archival purposes, so all his avatars will be together.
Your images remind me of one of the bigger holes in Yagi logic I've noticed. Remember after the battle, where Jean stands up, walks over to Claire, and forces her to change back?

Never would have happened, and not because of the blood loss! Rather she was missing a portion of her spinal cord and vertebrae! Imagine trying to stand up missing either of those...it cannot be done. First off, Jean's torso would have simply flopped over, and secondly, there's no way her legs would've reacted no matter how many mental commands she sent. Sigh...I suppose for storytelling's sake I'll let it pass, but man, when I see those images, it's hard not to think about the issue.

How the warriors of Claymore OUGHT to look: http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...ostcount=12541
http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...ostcount=12530
"So Shiek, now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb!"
Old 2009-10-07, 23:48   Link #1405
Ryus
The One Eyed King

Quote:
Originally Posted by revan5 View Post
Your images remind me of one of the bigger holes in Yagi logic I've noticed. Remember after the battle, where Jean stands up, walks over to Claire, and forces her to change back?

Never would have happened, and not because of the blood loss! Rather she was missing a portion of her spinal cord and vertebrae! Imagine trying to stand up missing either of those...it cannot be done. First off, Jean's torso would have simply flopped over, and secondly, there's no way her legs would've reacted no matter how many mental commands she sent. Sigh...I suppose for storytelling's sake I'll let it pass, but man, when I see those images, it's hard not to think about the issue.
Forgive me but I'm very sick right now (Yes, I have the Flu... don't know what kind though...) and not thinking too well... so this will be more of a review of spine wounds in Claymore and my interpretation of wounds, than a debate of Claymore biology (if you want a debate we should move this to another page, but for one response I think where fine). Also before I begin... I completely agree with you Revan the spine is a vital part of the human body and should be considered a vital area no matter what Rubel says.

I've thought the same way as you ever since I saw Clare getting impaled in the gut in the first episode (or was it the second) in the anime (which I saw before I read the manga). In fact, the fact that Clare got the same wound as Jean did told me instantly that Jean wasn't dead and would come back later. Though I did look to see if there was a logic behind the spine wounds and this is what I found.

Spine injures have effected others too though... Helen, Ophelia, Duff, and Luciela too (let's ignore Beth due to the possible effects of the Pole thingy). So let review them all to track the history of spine wounds on Claymores to see if there is a logic behind there ability to walk again. All lived survived the initial wound, except Luciela but that was more to do with her being out of power and being unable to heal her wound. Likely the explain to there survival is that yoki signals/energy doesn't just travel via the spine but can flow through the flesh too and take over bodily functions (such as walking and maintaining a heart beat). So the brain can control the body with Yoki usage even without a spine, though as evidenced by my first two examples a lot of yoki is required to do so.

Also there does seem to be a bit (stress the bit) of logic as to how survives a spine wound and who doesn't. I've noticed 2 factors that effect ones chance to survive... the size of the wound and the size of one's remaining Yoki. (Plus the plot but ignoring that logic it's just two factors.)

Clare spine wound (from chapter 3) was her only injury and we all know Clare does have a reserve of Yoki (like due to Teresa). Now Clare didn't get up and walk after her wound but she does stand up... and soon collapses again. Some of her movements before healing would require a spine. However her movements where slight, so kind of forgivable if you account for her half yoma side. Also she hadn't partially awakened yet, so this might explain why she had to push 30% yoki release to heal herself and why she didn't walk. Also Rubel didn't seem to surprised by the wound... so I can only guess that spine wounds near the gut aren't fatal to Claymores if they have yoki to spare for healing and clearly if they aren't killed after getting the wound.

In the spoiler pay attention to Clare's lower body after receiving the wound... and ignore the text.
Spoiler for Lots of pages from Chapter 3 - Clare's wound to healing:

The next to get a spine wound was Helen, who had at this time partially awakened but she still couldn't walk. She did get up and collapse right away. Also when she was falling after attempting to walk her knees moved to break her fall, so she did have minor control of her lower body just not full control and clearly she had full use of her arms even though the wound was high. Eventually, when watching Clare fight she was clearly sitting up and by the end of the fight she's clearly standing. So Helen was able to heal her wound slowly and stand again but she wasn't able to summon the ability to stand right after regaining consciousness.

In the spoiler pay attention to Helen's upper and lower body (due to her wound being higher on the spine) after she receives the wound... and ignore the text and just pay attention to her body and her limbs.
Spoiler for Helen's wound - to standing again (panels without Helen left out):

This brings use to Ophelia who was able to kill a single digit awakened being, by herself, with her head on backwards (in a literal sense). Which breaks every law of human anatomy, since having your neck broken is in many ways like being beheaded, since signals can no longer travel down the spine to the rest of the body. My theory as to her being able to do this was her yoki's power level. She was fresh, or put another way she hadn't really used any of her yoki yet in battle. So she had her full powers at her disposal, which where considerable, and no other wounds to worry about. Also note, Ophelia waited a bit before going after Clare to fully heal herself and regain some lost power. So this clearly implies that at high levels of yoki power, even offensive warriors such as Ophelia and Jean, can do a bit with a broken neck (aka spine injury). The likely cost of this though is massive usage of ones yoki and the bigger the wound the more yoki required to heal, so healing quickly would be essential for survival. Which is also why Ophelia took the time to properly finish healing.

Spoiler for Ophelia wound to healing:

The next on our spine injury list is Duff who had a huge portion of his neck blown off. After his injury he seemed to go limp... which is odd when you think about Ophelia but Ophelia's injury was only a snapped neck when Duff had a huge his spine blown away. So now explaining Jean walking gets trickier but isn't flat out impossible, if you don't get too critical of the details. Now Duff also had other injuries besides his neck and had been fighting for a bit... so he had used a large portion of his yoki and his neck wound was massive when Ophelia's was very light in comparison.

Spoiler for Duff's injury to his evac, in the end he looks limp:

Next on our list is Jean but lets skip her and go to Luciela. Who had virtually no yoki left and was near death, which she stated herself... kinda. Clearly she died from her inability to use her own yoki being to sustain her body/life, Raphaela did that for her later...

Spoiler for Luciela's back being broken:

Now Jean... Now Clare standing proven that Claymore can stand (even if it's humanly impossible ). Helen indicated given some time they can fully heal high up spine wounds. Ophelia proved Claymores can move after a spine injury, and indicated that her massive yoki was the reason why. Duff and Luciella proved that massive spine wounds can kill or at the least incapacitate even the strongest warrior especially if there weakened enough prior to the wound.

Now Jean was impaled with a much larger arm then Clare was (Yoma girl arm vs Massive Loin arm), so what she had to heal was far greater then what Clare needed to... hence how long she was out of the picture and her comment about it being a fatal wound. Jean was a single digit like Ophelia but not on her level so walking isn't a stretch but surviving the wound was but she didn't. Also Jean had one trait in spades... willpower which likely played a factor in her walking again. Also after Clare impales her Jean seems to be held up by Clare's blades and not standind.

Spoiler for Jean's Injury to Death:

Now please don't bring up Beth since it's clear the pole creature made her stand again.
Old 2009-10-08, 04:46   Link #1406
Ryuken
Claymore #01

That tongue raping thing would undoubtedly be one my most favorite scenes.
Old 2010-01-26, 02:32   Link #1407
Ryus
The One Eyed King

I decided to post my Colored Panel Clare avatar collection (with a few anime pics thrown in) on photobucket. These are just pics I found on the web, so I'm not the artist.

http://s680.photobucket.com/albums/v...are%20Avatars/

I'm too busy at the moment but in the next week or two, I'll edit this post with the artist of each (like I did with my previous posts)... since I want to confirm the artist for a few of them. That will require some backtracking my web surfing route and since I'm now using a my PC that will be a bit harder.
Old 2010-01-27, 00:44   Link #1408
Ray fletcher

Would anybody be able to make me an avi and or sig with this picture ?
http://sash0.deviantart.com/art/Claymore-61581285
Old 2010-02-04, 19:27   Link #1409
Livena

Erm, sorry to bother... I'd appreciate if someone could make a sig of Flora for me (:P Choice of picture free, but I'd like the colours to be: black, green and silver. Oh, and her name and title "Windcutter Flora" somewhere. Thanks anyway ^^
Old 2010-02-14, 08:52   Link #1410
MisterJB
Warden of the West

I'd appreciate if someone could make me an animated avatar of episode 8, the scene where Teresa gets decapitated.
Old 2010-02-21, 21:01   Link #1411
ikkaku4ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterJB View Post
I'd appreciate if someone could make me an animated avatar of episode 8, the scene where Teresa gets decapitated.
here you go, can modify it, I kinda rushed it, need to sleep
Old 2010-02-22, 12:12   Link #1412
Arkham
Stoned Assasin

^lol I think you'll need a spoiler for that avatar.
jk
Old 2010-02-22, 17:05   Link #1413
MisterJB
Warden of the West

Thank you very much for the avatar, ikkaku.
Old 2010-03-16, 07:31   Link #1414
milan kyuubi
Call me MK! :)
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray fletcher View Post
Would anybody be able to make me an avi and or sig with this picture ?
http://sash0.deviantart.com/art/Claymore-61581285
Here is my try... Hope you like them.

And without name...

Sig with name...

Without name...

Old 2010-03-27, 23:40   Link #1415
Ryus
The One Eyed King

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charuru View Post
Thanks Ryus, I took one of your pics as my avatar, though I really want a black and white one of Flora, black and white to stay closer to the manga source that is.
Sorry but I don't keep B&W avatars on my pc that are from the manga (I just crop my own), so I'll post my Flora collection of colored avatar picshere... pic one you like and I'll PM you the B&W of it later (or post the panel you want and I'll crop it for you). Though later will be next week some time... I'm at the end process of a move and will be without internet for a few days (starting sometime in the next 12ish hours).

BTW... there is that colored Flora pic on the back of volume 10 is an official colored panel...

Fan Colored Flora Avatars

Spoiler for 29 Flora pics:

Sadly though my favorite Flora panel isn't among them ... here it is...

Spoiler for My favorite Flora panel:
Old 2010-03-28, 10:59   Link #1416
Charuru

Wow, so many. It was hard to choose. But I'm extremely happy about this one I've chosen. Thanks a lot!
Old 2010-03-28, 16:28   Link #1417
Ryus
The One Eyed King

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charuru View Post
Wow, so many. It was hard to choose. But I'm extremely happy about this one I've chosen. Thanks a lot!
No problem!
Old 2010-04-01, 20:52   Link #1418
graven idol
LURK MOAR

Quote:
Sorry but I don't keep B&W avatars on my pc that are from the manga (I just crop my own), so I'll post my Flora collection of colored avatar picshere... pic one you like and I'll PM you the B&W of it later (or post the panel you want and I'll crop it for you). Though later will be next week some time... I'm at the end process of a move and will be without internet for a few days (starting sometime in the next 12ish hours).

BTW... there is that colored Flora pic on the back of volume 10 is an official colored panel...

Fan Colored Flora Avatars

Spoiler for 29 Flora pics:

Sadly though my favorite Flora panel isn't among them ... here it is...

Spoiler for My favorite Flora panel:
Actually, some of those I made...
Old 2010-04-01, 20:56   Link #1419
graven idol
LURK MOAR

... I'm going to throw this out there, but I'm the icon make from Obscura Omen, and since I see a lot of my icons here, instead of people just going in there and nabbing them?

If you want avatars, you can drop me a line. Just please don't... do that.
Old 2010-04-21, 14:16   Link #1420
kitten320

Hey there! Is this thread still on going or no?

Tags