AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2009-09-14, 13:02   Link #41
wandering-dreamer
reads too much

@dangermouse: If you saw the movie then you should treat yourself for making your way through it and read the book. XD Much better, no random giant moles/bugs running around (which, ironically enough could be another link to Letter Bee) and a better plot.

And as a question to those who have read the manga, does anyone else think this story (Letter Bee) could also be set underground? The idea of a dark world with a manmade sun makes the idea seem likely but I thought I saw stars in the backgrounds of some of the chapters which makes me think otherwise (also trying to wrap my brain around the idea of a planet floating in space with no star to anchor it, part of the reason I like to think of the world as underground).
wandering-dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-14, 13:09   Link #42
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wandering-dreamer View Post
And as a question to those who have read the manga, does anyone else think this story (Letter Bee) could also be set underground? The idea of a dark world with a manmade sun makes the idea seem likely but I thought I saw stars in the backgrounds of some of the chapters which makes me think otherwise (also trying to wrap my brain around the idea of a planet floating in space with no star to anchor it, part of the reason I like to think of the world as underground).
I had that thought at the beginning, though it slowly started to disappear as we see more of the setting. Especially thanks to the last few chapters.
Old 2009-09-17, 04:48   Link #43
Quarkboy
Translator, Producer

Quote:
@dangermouse: If you saw the movie then you should treat yourself for making your way through it and read the book. XD Much better, no random giant moles/bugs running around (which, ironically enough could be another link to Letter Bee) and a better plot.

There are many astro-physical explanations that could happen.

The best one probably is simply that the planet's rotation is linked to it's orbit: i.e. like the dark side of the moon. One half of the planet is in perpetual night. The surface could still be warm due to geothermal reasons.
Sam Pinansky
Quarkboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-17, 11:01   Link #44
wandering-dreamer
reads too much

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quarkboy View Post
There are many astro-physical explanations that could happen.

The best one probably is simply that the planet's rotation is linked to it's orbit: i.e. like the dark side of the moon. One half of the planet is in perpetual night. The surface could still be warm due to geothermal reasons.
Hmmmm, I like this idea a lot, yay for physics!
Old 2009-09-18, 23:13   Link #45
blewin

I recently picked up Letter Bee randomly and read the first chapter of the manga, never expected the anime to come out just right around the corner. Pretty thrilled that it's gonna be animated. I rather like the premise of the story.

Chrome Shelled Regios
blewin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-19, 01:35   Link #46
Weils

Tegami Bachi's ending theme by HIMEKA is named "Hatenaki Michi (果てなき道; Endless Road)".
Weils is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-19, 13:04   Link #47
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

Loved the OVA and if the OVA is a teaser of whats to come . This show will go on to become one of my favorite shows this fall/winter .
Old 2009-09-19, 14:51   Link #48
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zu Ra View Post
Loved the OVA and if the OVA is a teaser of whats to come .
From reading the manga, oh believe me, it is just a teaser for what you're about to experience in a few weeks time.
Old 2009-09-23, 17:18   Link #49
wandering-dreamer
reads too much

Man, still no trailer? Is this a little odd since Letter Bee premiers in less than two weeks? I would say that someone is trying to save money but cutting out advertising seems a dumb way to do so...
Old 2009-09-23, 17:24   Link #50
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Man, still no trailer? Is this a little odd since Letter Bee premiers in less than two weeks? I would say that someone is trying to save money but cutting out advertising seems a dumb way to do so...
Hmm, maybe there is a trailer though we English speakers don't know anything about it.

But yeah if there isn't, talk about strange.
Old 2009-09-23, 22:13   Link #51
wandering-dreamer
reads too much

I've been checking the site every few days and the trailer section isn't clickable (it has some red text which I assume means "under construction" or "not yet" gah, I don't know kanji yet!) so it looks like no trailer. Plus ANN is pretty good at catching all the trailers that come up and I haven't seen an announcement there either.
Old 2009-09-24, 05:51   Link #52
blewin

to those who have watched the OVA, would you recommend watching it and why? How long does it run for?

I just saw the torrent up and am debating of downloading it or not.... (since downloading takes time).

Chrome Shelled Regios
Old 2009-09-24, 06:01   Link #53
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blewin View Post
to those who have watched the OVA, would you recommend watching it and why? How long does it run for?
It lasts about 30 minutes. See personally i'd say watch it because it's a brilliant introduction into the series, though then again it spoils the beginning of the actual series a little bit. Upto you really if you want to spoil yourself like that, or wait.
Old 2009-09-24, 08:58   Link #54
xKeen

Do I have to read the manga of this adaptation? I watched the OVA and I didn't understand a thing that was going on...
xKeen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-24, 09:32   Link #55
Quarkboy
Translator, Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by xKeen View Post
Do I have to read the manga of this adaptation? I watched the OVA and I didn't understand a thing that was going on...
The OVA was a treat for manga readers. The TV Anime will start at the beginning of the story and stands completely on its own.
Sam Pinansky
Quarkboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-24, 11:51   Link #56
wandering-dreamer
reads too much

If you don't want to be spoiled, nope you don't have to read the manga. If the OVA is bugging the heck out of you and you want to understand the Letter Bee world then go right ahead and read the manga. But that OVA does spoil the first chapter of LB (and considering that chapter is 120+ pages long that's a lot of stuff ).
Old 2009-09-26, 01:48   Link #57
blewin

oh, guess I won't watch the OVA since it spoils the opening of the story. (I assume that opening will be in the anime)

Chrome Shelled Regios
Old 2009-09-26, 03:14   Link #58
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blewin View Post
oh, guess I won't watch the OVA since it spoils the opening of the story. (I assume that opening will be in the anime)
Well it's at the beginning of the manga, though for all we know the director may change events around. I hope not though.
Old 2009-09-26, 08:11   Link #59
Weils

Opening theme: "Hajimari no Hi (はじまりの日; Day of Beginnings)" by Suga Shikao feat. Mummy-D

Ending theme: "Hatenaki Michi (果てなき道; Endless Road)" by HIMEKA
Weils is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-26, 17:50   Link #60
Kenn
Stomp

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NxqoEyAQi10

^^; Trailer's up on youtube.

edit: I'm guessing the song in the trailer is by HIMEKA xD

http://k625.blogspot.com/ - Kenn's blog of random everythings
Kenn is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
adventure, shounen