AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2007-11-04, 16:29   Link #41
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Wow, Avatar getting some actual traffic around here - nice! It really is a good show, about as good as American TV animation gets.
Guardian Enzo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-04, 17:12   Link #42
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to KholdStare Send a message via MSN to KholdStare
Yeah Toph is by far my favorite character because she's just cool and...well you know....

I think the fights at the end of season one was awesome, the ones at the north water tribe. That had the best action sequences to me. :P
KholdStare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-04, 17:20   Link #43
kauldron26
Med Student

what about the fight at "the chase" iroh/zuko vs toph, aang, katara vs azula that was just awesome
kauldron26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-04, 17:36   Link #44
Sonhex
Not dead. Yet.
*Graphic Designer

I forgot that one from The Chase, that was fantastic to see them all united against the bitch Azula. I hope we see more of that in the finale. The other one that springs to mind was in the Swamp where Katara and Aang fight that swamp monster, that was another good one as I recall (and a well done homage to Mononoke Hime too.)

I love some of the quirky humour in the show, especially that epileptic fit guy on Kiyoshi Island. And when they go back there in the second season as he has another fit, but the realises Aang isn't with them and sneaks away all embarrassed. Toph's jokes about her blindness beat them all though ;P

Last edited by Sonhex; 2007-11-04 at 17:49.
Sonhex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-04, 18:32   Link #45
Neki Ecko
Dancing with the Sky

Send a message via Yahoo to Neki Ecko
It is nice that we can talk about Avatar on AS, we all know that you cant count this as Anime but I have to tell you, it is much better than 80% of Anime they showing right now. I fell in love with this series when they first showed it on Nick and I hope that they can contiune it this series.

BTW, Sokka dont have 3 girls, he has three and highly possible and Aang look good with hair, Toph is my second favorite character behind Aang and I like Katara and Ty(Tai) Lee.
Old 2007-11-05, 01:55   Link #46
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer

Yeah the swamp fight and the chase was also excellent. The water bending sequences from Katara in the swamp is truly fantastic to me. It's probably my favorite type of bending, since you can also manipulate ice for many uses and it looks cool.

For me it's not better than 80% of all anime but probably better than 80% of all action/adventure anime. This is because my favorite genre is still romance/drama, but Avatar managed to made action interesting again, which was really not accomplished ever since the first seasons of Naruto/Bleach.
Old 2007-11-05, 02:52   Link #47
Solace
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

The discussion of what is Anime is pointless. Avatar is an American show with Asian influence animated by people from Korea. It doesn't exactly have the "look" we expect from anime, but it's not exactly typical American animation either.

What it does have is quality animation and a distinctive look, balanced by an excellent story with strong characterization, a great soundtrack, and a solid balance between comedy, drama, and action.

So enough of discussing what it isn't, or what it compares to. It's just a wonderful show that many fans, anime or not can enjoy.

On that note - Sparky Sparky Boom Man scares me, Zuko needs to get a grip, Aang needs more sleep, Sweat bending is ewww, and the scene with Momo and Appa fighting was completely awesome.

Spoiler for Grandparents:
Old 2007-11-05, 05:00   Link #48
Ultima_Rasengan05
Version 3.0

Never knew there was a thread about Avatar: the last airbender. I actually enjoy this show and watch it once in a while. While it is American made with the inspiration of anime in its designs, its pretty good and I consider it to be the American version of "Naruto", in my opinion.
Maybe because of the different villages and fighting styles.

But I have one question for this show with its recent season. I have watched I think the second episode of the newest season of Avatar and Aang has hair!
When did he start to grow hair?
Ultima_Rasengan05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-05, 05:03   Link #49
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultima_Rasengan05 View Post
Never knew there was a thread about Avatar: the last airbender. I actually enjoy this show and watch it once in a while. While it is American made with the inspiration of anime in its designs, its pretty good and I consider it to be the American version of "Naruto", in my opinion.
Maybe because of the different villages and fighting styles.

But I have one question for this show with its recent season. I have watched I think the second episode of the newest season of Avatar and Aang has hair!
When did he start to grow hair?
Remember when he was knocked out by Azula's lightning and he was in a coma of some sort.
Old 2007-11-05, 05:20   Link #50
Ultima_Rasengan05
Version 3.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by KholdStare View Post
Remember when he was knocked out by Azula's lightning and he was in a coma of some sort.
No, I don't remember because I barely watch this show and I just watch it once in a while when I'm changing channels.
But thanks for the info though...so thats what happened huh. Ouch, being in a coma...so how long was he in a coma? Considering his hair growth on his head, probably 3 months?
Old 2007-11-05, 05:28   Link #51
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer

I think. If you want more detail:

Spoiler for End of Season Two/Start of Season Three:
Old 2007-11-05, 05:36   Link #52
Ultima_Rasengan05
Version 3.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by KholdStare View Post
I think. If you want more detail:

Spoiler for End of Season Two/Start of Season Three:
oh, sounds like it was an epic battle at the end of season 2. Hmm...maybe I might start to watch more of Avatar then.
Old 2007-11-05, 05:43   Link #53
RonaldC

RonaldC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-05, 08:28   Link #54
Neki Ecko
Dancing with the Sky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solace View Post
The discussion of what is Anime is pointless. Avatar is an American show with Asian influence animated by people from Korea. It doesn't exactly have the "look" we expect from anime, but it's not exactly typical American animation either.

What it does have is quality animation and a distinctive look, balanced by an excellent story with strong characterization, a great soundtrack, and a solid balance between comedy, drama, and action.

So enough of discussing what it isn't, or what it compares to. It's just a wonderful show that many fans, anime or not can enjoy.

On that note - Sparky Sparky Boom Man scares me, Zuko needs to get a grip, Aang needs more sleep, Sweat bending is ewww, and the scene with Momo and Appa fighting was completely awesome.

Spoiler for Grandparents:
Spoiler for Grandparents' Answer:

But I really like to see Ty Lee and Sokka together but I know the other two will probably kill her. Sokka, you are such a Pimp(FlameO man)
Old 2007-11-05, 12:52   Link #55
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Actually, Sokka upgraded it to "Combustion Man".
Old 2007-11-05, 15:11   Link #56
Sonhex
Not dead. Yet.
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neki Ecko View Post
Spoiler for Grandparents' Answer:
Incidentally I think Zuko is only next in line as long as he's in favour with the Fire Lord. I guess that's Azula big plan, engineer her brother's failure (it's only a matter when not if) and then take the throne when her father pops his clogs. I'm pretty sure her current plot against Zuko is engineered precisely for this goal. She maybe a monster but she is a supreme tactician. I'm only sorry we don't get more development for her, even the beach episode didn't really shed much light on the source of her evil beside some sibling jealousy...
Old 2007-11-05, 16:00   Link #57
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Hey - I started this thread! Forgot about that - allow me to blush with pride that it's actually shown a little life...
Old 2007-11-05, 17:38   Link #58
Sonhex
Not dead. Yet.
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
Hey - I started this thread! Forgot about that - allow me to blush with pride that it's actually shown a little life...
Ha ha, you have every right to be proud: must be like seeing your first born graduate or that prize pumpkin being carved...or something like that, lol

AvatarSpirit is an amazing resource, they've just added a searchable database of screenshots from all Avatar episodes. Amazing effort. All the Toph screenshots you will ever need. They've even got the shots of 'Foaming Mouth Guy', lol...
Old 2007-11-05, 19:53   Link #59
Neki Ecko
Dancing with the Sky

Yep, Thanks Enzo

The website is awesome, with all the information about Avatar and alot of screenshots and other good stuff. Maybe I can start making some avatars and signatures with this stuff.
Old 2007-11-10, 18:10   Link #60
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Well, Avatar took it to where many thought Nick would never let it go - bloodbending. It's the logical extreme of waterbending and probably as close as you can get to an ultimate weapon in that world. Possibly the darkest Avatar ep so far.

Last edited by Guardian Enzo; 2007-11-11 at 00:13.