AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Darker Than Black

Notices

View Poll Results: Darker Than Black - Episode 03 Rating
Perfect 10 35 27.34%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 49 38.28%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 32 25.00%
7 out of 10 : Good 5 3.91%
6 out of 10 : Average 3 2.34%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 1.56%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 0.78%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 0.78%
Voters: 128. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-10-23, 12:13   Link #81
sirn
田舎者言うな

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103 View Post
No, the Japanese makes it very clear:

"Ore wa Yin wo......ano onna wo korosu."
That sentence is not as clear as you think it is. There's also discussion on whoever "that woman" is on 2ch, in case if you want some prove from Japanese. (Search for "あの女".)
Old 2009-10-23, 12:16   Link #82
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Megrim27 View Post
I really don't think it's Yin he plans to kill, because being betrayed by someone close to him has too much of an Amber vibe. No point in rehashing that plot device. I wouldn't be surprised, as someone else mentioned, if "that woman" and the woman Mao said changed their orders, are one and the same.
Who said they're rehashing that plot idea? Nobody said Yin betrayed him; as we've theorized, he may just be trying to convince himself that he needs to kill her. Either way, the Japanese makes it clear, and the same sentence has been said before in anime in the same likeness. If you've seen enough anime and actually listen a bit to the Japanese being spoken, you'll undoubtedly recognize it having been spoken before. (Ore wa [insert name] wo........ano otoko/onna wo korosu)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirn View Post
That sentence is not as clear as you think it is. There's also discussion on whoever "that woman" is on 2ch, in case if you want some prove from Japanese. (Search for "あの女".)
I am Japanese.

And refer back to my previous post again for inclusions. And as pointed out above in this same post in replay to Megrim, that same line has been used before, just obviously not in the way Hei uses it to make us go "OH SHI-".
Old 2009-10-23, 12:19   Link #83
Manji Midou
Aimo ~ Tori no Hito

Here's hoping Yin doesn't go the route of Amber in regard to screen time....where Amber shows up 3/4 into the series and even then doesn't get enough screen time till the end. lf it does go that way l hope suou gets hei to open and talk about yin and we get some good flashback of the two together.
Old 2009-10-23, 12:22   Link #84
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manji Midou View Post
Here's hoping Yin doesn't go the route of Amber in regard to screen time....where Amber shows up 3/4 into the series and even then doesn't get enough screen time till the end. lf it does go that way l hope suou gets hei to open and talk about yin and we get some good flashback of the two together.
I personally have no doubt that that's exactly how it'll go, although Yin will probably be showing up again sooner than Amber (in terms of number of episodes, anyway) if S2 really is only 12 episodes.
Old 2009-10-23, 12:25   Link #85
Manji Midou
Aimo ~ Tori no Hito

Quote:
I personally have no doubt that that's exactly how it'll go, although Yin will probably be showing up again sooner than Amber (in terms of number of episodes, anyway) if S2 really is only 12 peisodes.
wait.....what only 12? nyooooooo!

hmm my memory is a bit sketchy so correct me if l'm wrong...but it was never revealed how Yin became a doll in season 1.....so umm maybe the person who made Yin into a doll came back to claim her....
Old 2009-10-23, 12:25   Link #86
sirn
田舎者言うな

Quote:
No, the Japanese makes it very clear:

"Ore wa Yin wo......ano onna wo korosu."

The "ano onna" part is Hei referring (rudely) to Yin. See how the underlined parts can be swapped:

[Ore wa Yin wo korosu] <-> [Ore wa ano onna wo korosu]
How can't "ano onna" refers to someone else, then? As I said, it's possible that those two sentence can refers to two different events together. Beside, if she's not dead, his reaction to what Suou said ("I'm sure you can kill lover or relatives without a second thought!") at the beginning won't going to make sense.
Old 2009-10-23, 12:25   Link #87
Xacual

Apart from paying renumeration, Suou seemed more like a moratorium. I wonder what exactly she is because she didn't seem like a true contractor(no glowy eyes).

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Old 2009-10-23, 12:26   Link #88
Strange
Incoherent at best.

Quote:
I personally have no doubt that that's exactly how it'll go, although Yin will probably be showing up again sooner than Amber (in terms of number of episodes, anyway) if S2 really is only 12 episodes.
Yeah, probably the only thing I'm disappointed about, for a Yin fanboy like me. All the pre-release advertising and such featured her pretty prominently, but then, she drops off the face of Earth. Oh well.
Old 2009-10-23, 12:28   Link #89
Avira
fanart-fan :D

Quote:
I hope we get some real Yin and not just flashbacks...although that's better than nothing

And I was hoping for some HeixYin TT.TT Guess that's over.
Old 2009-10-23, 12:30   Link #90
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Quote:
It's only speculation based on the DVD release schedules. There just hasn't been any official announcement. Although it would make sense since S2 is going to be straight plot instead of arcs; if you take out the arc stuff from S1, you would probably end up with about 12 episodes.

Quote:
How can't "ano onna" refers to someone else, then? Beside, if she's not dead, his reaction to what Suou said ("I'm sure you can kill lover or relatives without a second thought!") at the beginning won't going to make sense.
Because it wouldn't make sense. Why would Hei say "I will -> Yin....I will kill that woman", talking about something else entirely?

The best english translation you can get from the original Japanese line is "Yin....I'll kill that woman." And he's talking to Mao in that scene, i.e. he's not telling Yin he'll kill "that woman."

As for his reaction to what Suou said, it's simple; as I've said, he may just be trying to convince himself he needs to kill Yin, but part of him disagrees. And/or he was thinking about his sister.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avira View Post
I wouldn't count on that yet. If it really is all about Hei just trying to convince himself he needs to kill Yin, then Suou will probably help him get over it so he can save Yin.
Old 2009-10-23, 12:33   Link #91
Xacual

What if the line was just broken up? The Yin I part not being a finished sentence, and then the next part saying he'll kill "that" woman.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Old 2009-10-23, 12:35   Link #92
Manji Midou
Aimo ~ Tori no Hito

Quote:
It's only speculation based on the DVD release schedules. There just hasn't been any official announcement.
Good to know here's hoping they make it longer then 12 eps...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avira View Post
*Waves HeixYin flag furiously*

Don't give up hope yet!!keep the dream alive....is too early to give up on those two!!!
Old 2009-10-23, 12:38   Link #93
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xacual View Post
What if the line was just broken up? The Yin I part not being a finished sentence, and then the next part saying he'll kill "that" woman.
Why would he break up the sentence? He started the sentence saying "Yin" instead of that woman (Ore wa Yin wo....) then switched to "that woman" to show contempt for her. (ano onna wo korosu) Plus, again, this form of line has been used a lot in anime. If you've seen enough anime and listen to the Japanese, you would catch a ton of lines like this.
Old 2009-10-23, 12:42   Link #94
sirn
田舎者言うな

Quote:
They're going to include OVAs to all even-numbered volumes (2, 4, 6, 8) for total of 4 episodes so people speculate the series is going to be 12 episodes (+4 OVAs).

Quote:
Because it wouldn't make sense. Why would Hei say "I will -> Yin....I will kill that woman", talking about something else entirely?
Because it's not entirely something else, maybe "that woman" planned something for Hei and Yin but that plan result in Yin have to sacrifice herself. That way, it would make sense to bring "that woman" to the context.
Old 2009-10-23, 12:44   Link #95
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Quote:
Because it's not entirely something else, maybe "that woman" planned something for Hei and Yin but that plan result in Yin have to sacrifice herself. That way, it would make sense to bring "that woman" to the context.
In context, maybe; gramatically not so much. I know what I'm talking about here.
Old 2009-10-23, 13:00   Link #96
sirn
田舎者言うな

Quote:
In context, maybe; gramatically not so much. I know what I'm talking about here.
Considering those two as a separate sentence, how is "あの女を殺す" not gramatically correct?
(Or are you referring to the "俺は銀を・・・" part?)

Either way, I'm not really convinced if it's just Yin's betrayal, because he doesn't went all alcoholic in the first season with Amber's betrayal. It sounds better to me if all that behavior caused by Hei not being able to save his last comrade.
Old 2009-10-23, 13:03   Link #97
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Quote:
Considering those two as a separate sentence, how is "あの女を殺す" not gramatically correct? (Or are you referring to the "俺は銀を・・・" part?)
I'm referring to both and how they're connected.

Quote:
Either way, I'm not really convinced if it's just Yin's betrayal, because he doesn't went all alcoholic in the first season with Amber's betrayal. Emotional impact on him caused by not being able to save his last comrade sounds better for me.
That's exactly what I mean; I don't think he's alcoholic because of any betrayal, I think he's alcoholic because he thinks he doesn't have a choice but to kill Yin and is trying to make himself believe it, but deep down he doesn't want to kill her and he's hateful for and depressed over whatever turn of events has caused this whole mess.

Just as Tomoya Okazaki sunk down to being a lazy smoker and leaving his kid in the hands of his wife's parents due to
Spoiler for Clannad After Story:
in the series Clannad After Story, Hei has sunk to being a depressed and emo drunkard here because of the thought that he has to kill his last comrade and the belief that he can't save her. Speculatively speaking, of course.
Old 2009-10-23, 14:00   Link #98
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Ow , great episode .
Seems that Hei want to kill someone , a "woman" who have something to do with Yin .
I think that this "woman" maybe is the chief of the guy in rock and his partner .
Suou get out her LONG RIFLE lol it was cool
RIP Nika , he didn't live so long lol
July ? dunno what's up with him .
A bit fanservice with Misaki !
For Mao , the cat in the first episode wasn't him , he look like him ? I think he switch his place with the squirrel .
Ahah i agree with Tanya , damn , did she just growing up? Look at her .
Old 2009-10-23, 14:08   Link #99
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Rewatching the episode, and the music really does stand out quite a bit, especially the piece used during Suou's contractor scene. I can officially say now that i'm fine without Yoko Kanno.

Also, i like Kirihara in that uniform~

Last edited by Shiroth; 2009-10-23 at 14:18.
Old 2009-10-23, 14:21   Link #100
Aqua Knight

The music was really great.
Especially around 7-9 minutes and then one starting at 12:30.
Closed Thread