Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Reviews & Recommendations

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-11-11, 17:26   Link #1
Kal-Rhael

Send a message via MSN to Kal-Rhael
How about some recommendations eh?

Im looking for something like berserk, samurai champloo, and helsing - you know, Kill stuff, ask questions later?

Doesn't have to have limbs flying everywhere, just LOTS and LOTS of action, so much action that some would say that anime is nothing but an action flick, trying to achieve nothing but make money !

Ok disregard that last part, but i think you get the point !
Old 2004-11-11, 17:57   Link #2
7thMethuselah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal-Rhael
you know, Kill stuff, ask questions later?

Doesn't have to have limbs flying everywhere, just LOTS and LOTS of action,
Elfen Lied is perfect for you, oh and it does have limbs flying around

Other action anime's

Bleach : new this season and very much worth the time, a good story is building up and a good combination of action/comedy

Inu Yasha : well, when IY isn't killing some demon some place he's usually fighting Kagome (read being beat up by ... )

Rurouni Kenshin : action, action, samurai action, ...

Mai HiME : so far a great anime filled with monsters, babes, a bad ass sword, an oversized phoenix, etc, check it out, it rocks

Soukyuu no Fafner : mecha scifi series (aren't all mecha scifi anyway) : story is a bit complex, art a bit different but a cool show, and the music is marvelous
Old 2004-11-11, 18:19   Link #3
Kal-Rhael

Send a message via MSN to Kal-Rhael
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7thMethuselah
Elfen Lied is perfect for you, oh and it does have limbs flying around

Other action anime's

Bleach : new this season and very much worth the time, a good story is building up and a good combination of action/comedy

Inu Yasha : well, when IY isn't killing some demon some place he's usually fighting Kagome (read being beat up by ... )

Rurouni Kenshin : action, action, samurai action, ...

Mai HiME : so far a great anime filled with monsters, babes, a bad ass sword, an oversized phoenix, etc, check it out, it rocks

Soukyuu no Fafner : mecha scifi series (aren't all mecha scifi anyway) : story is a bit complex, art a bit different but a cool show, and the music is marvelous
Thanks d00d, much appreciated!

*charts them down*

Im already watching inuyasha on adult swim, it's not really my type of anime, alot of romance, but i still watch it cause it has it's funny momments.

gonna take a look into kenshin first, i hear alot about it, need to check what's the fuss about !!
Old 2004-11-12, 01:45   Link #4
Rx_Fink
Cybernetic Wolf

Send a message via AIM to Rx_Fink
My Hime will go a whole episode without a fight, but so do the animes you listed, so you might like it.

I enjoy Bleach. Boy with great spiritual powers who can see ghosts is made a Soul Reaver (or Death God, depending on the sub group) in an emergency situation. He has to put ghosts to rest, which involves slaying dangerous, violent, destructive ghosts called hollows. I think the premise is bland, but it's fairly funny, and more importantly the characters are great.

The Read or Die (or R.O.D.) OVA would please you greatly. Practically nothing but fighting. A woman who can inexplicably control paper fights colorful deadly clones of historical geniuses over rare books. Needless to say, it's very original. The TV series is more dramatic and also has awesome action, but I don't know if it has enough of it for you.

Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust is mostly fighting, also with very original and unique mutants and bounty hunters. I think you'd really dig it. The original Vampire Hunter D has sucky animation, but if you can get past that, you might like it too.

If you like mecha, you'd probably like Gundam Seed. You should watch the original before Destiny though.

Outlaw Star is an overall kinda blah series, but it has some really good fights, namely the starship battles are awesome. A crew of mercenaries tour the cosmos, tailed by angry pirates. More notably the last two episodes are filmaking masterpieces.

FLCL has awesome action, great animation. It's also just the most perfect thing ever created by human hands. It gets my highest endorsement.
Old 2004-11-12, 04:18   Link #5
DaFool
Resident devil

Gungrave
Samurai Deeper Kyo
Gunslinger Girl
Closed Thread