AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Kami nomi/TWGOK

Notices

View Poll Results: Kami nomi/TWGOK II - Episode 11 Rating
Perfect 10 30 54.55%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 16 29.09%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 6 10.91%
7 out of 10 : Good 3 5.45%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 55. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2011-06-20, 05:06   Link #1
Pellissier
♪~ Daydreaming ~♪
*Graphic Designer
*Administrator

Kami nomi/TWGOK II - Episode 11 Discussion / Poll

Welcome to the discussion thread for Kami nomi/TWGOK II, Episode 11.

Thread Guidelines
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Spoilers or hints about future events must not be posted in this thread.
    If you need to reference something that would spoil a future event, reply directly with a private message, or seek out a more appropriate thread.
  • Discuss your expectations of the episode if it has not aired yet.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on-topic.
  • Do not post multiple times in a row. Please edit your existing post if you wish to add additional thoughts.
Episode Thread Spoiler Policy
  • Any comment that discloses events, characters, plot or other information before it is revealed in the anime is expressly forbidden whether or not it is behind spoiler tags.
    Spoiler tags should still be used where appropriate.
    Please consult the AnimeSuki Spoiler Policy for more information.
  • Adding a Spoiler tag:
    Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found
    on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms.
    Make sure that you include a useful title!
  • Please use the Report button if you see any inappropriate spoilers:
    Click the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar.
    Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators
    locate and deal with problems quickly.
  • Posting inappropriate spoilers may result in a ban.
    Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly.
    The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.
Old 2011-06-20, 13:29   Link #2
Midonin
Last Engage

Kaminomi II-XI - Bonesaw is Ready!

One of my favorite words in the English language is "inspiration". That was the key to this ending. As Keima said, we need ideal endings. Again, I can sympathize with Jun here. Pushing ideals onto people often results in rejection, but if they can be inspired to take action on their own through a little impassioned speeching (which she is apparently fond of - I approve!), then the world can become a little brighter. The entire sequence when the ED kicked in was great.

Seeing Jun being excited for a marathon is amusing considering her voice actress, who, in another reality, had the exact opposite reaction to such a thing. Chihiro consulting Ayumi about guitars also rings a bell - perhaps Ayumi would recommend a red Mustang? I also liked the return of Keima's...er...body double.

For the final capture of the series, it was great. That's my emotions talking, but emotions are one of the most vital elements in storytelling, in addition to storytelling. Looks like, just as it was last season, things will wrap up with another adventure of Keima in Game Land. Should be a blast.

Last edited by Midonin; 2011-06-20 at 13:53.
Old 2011-06-20, 13:56   Link #3
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
D'awwwwww. What an excellent episode and arc conclusion.

Ya know ... the really, REALLY did a good job with Jun in this arc. She really comes across much better than in the manga as an endearing character.

Another example of the animators doing a very good job with this series. Kudos to them once again.

8/10 vote from me for this episode.

Edit: Although, now that I think about it, I was kinda disappointed that they did not mention in Keima's plan for Elsie to deliberately ask Ayumi and Chihiro for help....

Last edited by Flower; 2011-06-20 at 14:07.
Old 2011-06-20, 13:57   Link #4
ReddyRedWolf

Spoiler for Might be NSFW:

Dammit Keima is one smooth operator.
Old 2011-06-20, 14:07   Link #5
EroKing

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReddyRedWolf View Post
Man, I thought of the exact same thing, he is just too good.

Spoiler for Best End:

Kinda surprised to see Jun going for the kiss, that was so hawt

Last edited by EroKing; 2011-06-20 at 14:23.
Old 2011-06-20, 14:46   Link #6
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

nice ending to Jun's arc. Like how hey showed them at a wrestling match, brought back some memories when i was so into pro-wrestling as a kid. Didn't expect her to go for the kiss, but feels like that was the better option in the end. Lol Elsie totally forgot about the loose soul.
Old 2011-06-20, 14:50   Link #7
kache
Asobo~
*IT Support

Wow, Keima is really a genius. Preparing everything to that extend was awesome.

Watching at the moment: click on the image.

Old 2011-06-20, 14:52   Link #8
Riga92
The Spear of Destiny

This episode made me feel all warm and fuzzy inside. Jun's arc was one of my favorites and Manglobe did a great job adapting it. In fact, I think their adaptation is better than the manga's version.
Old 2011-06-20, 14:57   Link #9
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riga92 View Post
This episode made me feel all warm and fuzzy inside. Jun's arc was one of my favorites and Manglobe did a great job adapting it. In fact, I think their adaptation is better than the manga's version.
Agreed ... they have done an excellent job in making the capture targets really "come to life" without diverging from the original story, and have done this in a tasteful and believable way that imo only makes the story better! It is not easy to do that!

Kudos to them!

If there are other seasons I hope they keep up the level of quality they have thus far....
Old 2011-06-20, 15:46   Link #10
SilverSyko
Okuyasu the Bird

It's rare that an adaptation is even better than the source material, and when the source material for that adaptation is already excellent, then that's just outstandingly impressive. Good on ya Manglobe.

I really hope to see a continuation. This is just too good an adaptation to stop here, and the series gets even better farther down the road.

I was also shocked they actually made Jun kiss Keima on the lips this time, when it was just a simple on-the-cheek kiss in the manga. Way to up the ante there.
Old 2011-06-20, 15:51   Link #11
Elestia

Manglobe is just teasing us with a possible third season with that scene with Chihiro and Ayumi.

In the words of Kurogane:

Quote:
MANGLOBE Y U DO DIS?
Old 2011-06-20, 16:02   Link #12
jho

i know some people i really respect who don't appreciate this series, but personally i like it a lot and it feels good just watching it. looking forward to the future arcs.
Old 2011-06-20, 16:55   Link #13
AzureWrath

Really like the anime so far. I find it much easier to understand the anime too than the manga as the translations + the animation in the anime make them much easier to grasp. Sometimes I can't even figure out what the manga was trying to say, but watching the anime makes it much clearer.

Now Jun was one of my favorite arcs too. I would have never figured that Keima would use encouragement and reinforcement to help her through her troubles. I would have defaulted to loosening up. I guess that is why Keima is the God and I'm a mere human~~~
Old 2011-06-20, 17:42   Link #14
ID555
Kamaboko smash & grab

Quote:

Me likes that pic very much too.

They played this a little more seriously than in the manga. When they were holding hands in the basketball court, Keima actually tried to kiss Jun

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSyko View Post

I was also shocked they actually made Jun kiss Keima on the lips this time, when it was just a simple on-the-cheek kiss in the manga. Way to up the ante there.
Nope, I think she kissed him for real there (unless she kissed him on the side of his mouth)
Old 2011-06-20, 17:50   Link #15
SilverSyko
Okuyasu the Bird

Quote:
Originally Posted by ID555 View Post
Nope, I think she kissed him for real there (unless she kissed him on the side of his mouth)
I double checked and it turns out you're right.

That's odd though, I could've sworn remembering it was on the cheek. I must be confusing with another manga I guess.
Old 2011-06-20, 18:15   Link #16
viperdk1
The Colour of Magic

Quote:

Hngh. That is all.

Anyway, for the episode itself...wow. What an incredible rollercoaster of emotions (I sorta predicted in my head that Jun and Keima would share that seat - those must've been wide seats ).

One thing struck me during this episode that I don't think I thought earlier in the series (or in the first series for that matter) - Keima seems to be more than just a god of conquest.

Quite frankly, if it wasn't for the fact that he is a otamegane and was lost in the world of games (thus being so far detached from reality that he'd be in outer space ), he'd be a very good psychologist (seriously, he probably has a better understanding of the human psyche than many people would credit him with - the "people don't like ideal" speech on the basketball courts made me realise this).

Smooth operator doesn't quite cut it. That was genius. He got Jun away from the negative influences that made her doubt her role in life as a teacher and reinforced the notion to her that people should strive for their ideals (which I personally feel is a sound logic). He also managed to (through the instructions he gave to Elsie/Ayumi?/Chihiro?) convince the other people in his class to get behind Jun as a teacher. Perfect score for Keima there.

I fully understand the flaws in Jun's character too (I'm sure if I rewatched the two series' again, I'd be able to pick out the problems in all the other girls - but this one was most evident to me).

Sure, support and help people strive to achieve their ideals by all means (good teachers are capable of this - my maths teacher in high school was brilliant at this and I aced my GCSE...I'm getting off-topic, lol) - but you can't push people too hard towards those ideals.

She pushed the basketball team too hard towards becoming better players, and they quit as a result. She was pushing too hard on the students under her wing too (the marathon thing was possibly a backlash towards what Keima said, but the fact is that it was over the top by a merry distance) - hence those students showed disdain towards her.

Another 'flaw' is that she appears to be too easily knocked back. One word can be said to her to lead her into doubting what she's doing, I feel. I know people like that (I used to be one myself) - and it makes a lot of sense for her character in general. Ideals are intangible - so having those ideals doubted by other people can make you think whether your ideals are worth following.

I was lukewarm about Jun as a character at the start of this arc - but she's probably my favourite female character at the end. Her kissing Keima at the end - perfect end to the arc (the teacher-student relationship here wouldn't be impossible - she's what, 21? He's 17/18? I've seen larger age gaps than that ). Just a shame she won't remember a thing of it

Perfect 10 from me. Excellent episode by all means.
Old 2011-06-20, 18:32   Link #17
Master Chibi
.: A bad doggy :.

I'm glad everyone else thinks that this adaptation is amazing.

I only had one gripe with this arc:

You can NOT ride a bike with that type of skirt, unless you want it riding up way past your ass. JUST CAN NOT BE DONE.

ISWEAR

Updated once a week - http://pishi.wordpress.com/
Last updated - 5/30/10 - Random Manga Roulette!

Last edited by Master Chibi; 2011-06-20 at 20:21.
Old 2011-06-20, 18:35   Link #18
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSyko View Post
Personally i found the kiss on the cheek better, because it shown that Jun still keeps in mind the student and teacher relationship that the two share.

It guess it was changed to a kiss on the lips to keep it the same as the past kiss scenes. Ah well.
Old 2011-06-20, 18:48   Link #19
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Personally i found the kiss on the cheek better, because it shown that Jun still keeps in mind the student and teacher relationship that the two share.

It guess it was changed to a kiss on the lips to keep it the same as the past kiss scenes. Ah well.
For the record, the scene is on the last page of ch 46 ... and it sure looks to me like it was on the lips and not on the cheek. Besides, it was on the lips that was the established pattern for every single capture.
Old 2011-06-20, 19:24   Link #20
Master Chibi
.: A bad doggy :.

That's the last page of chapter 41 actually.

And it was very much on the lips~

Updated once a week - http://pishi.wordpress.com/
Last updated - 5/30/10 - Random Manga Roulette!
Closed Thread