AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Claymore

Notices

View Poll Results: Claymore - Chapter 119 Rating
Perfect 10 11 16.92%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 17 26.15%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 20 30.77%
7 out of 10 : Good 7 10.77%
6 out of 10 : Average 6 9.23%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 3.08%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 1.54%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 1.54%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 65. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2011-10-03, 06:34   Link #81
Ulquihorror

I just saw the chapter. Poor cassandra, I really feel bad for her. Roxanne is just ugly as her mole portrays her to be. She's such an evil bitch, like really...

and lol at audrey being all freaked out

---

so if we draw parallels to Miria's fake death, all the warriors who participated in Cassandra's death were afraid to kill her too, but they were also afraid of Roxanne...

I'd love to see miata, galatea and clarice vs roxanne
Old 2011-10-03, 06:42   Link #82
Dark Night

Was Roxanne right about Cassandra being nothing more than a number 5 without her technique? If so, then even an awakened Cassandra wouldn't pose any threat to Roxanne, if the latter is indeed one of the strongest number ones to exist.

Unless a Claymore's technique (and/or its potential) is somehow carried over into their awakened form, but it's not really clear how the awakening process works.

For instance, Priscilla as a Claymore could fully supress her yoki, and she has that as an awakened being.

I'd expect Miria's awakened form to be possibly the fastest thing out there (excluding cases like Priscilla).

And Irene's awakened form could use its appendages in a QS-like manner. But on the other hand, Clare's awakened form seems to be very fast, while she doesn't seem particularly fast as a Claymore.

So unless Cassandra's technique is expressed into her awakened form, she's toast. But she's doomed anyway, by virtue of having awakened. Which is sad, since she seems the most likeable out of the three.
Old 2011-10-03, 07:02   Link #83
irvinethearcher
Angriest Angel

Quote:
Originally Posted by rafael1932 View Post
Roxane is a pure devil. Just look at her face this chapter. When the shit hits the fan, she is like uuhhhhh.

Golden medal to roxane, silver to Ophelia, bronze ( still to find out)
The most evil creatures in the whole claymoreverse were those bandits by far i would say.
No monster came ever near to the ruthelessnes and cruesomeness of those humans.
Old 2011-10-03, 07:05   Link #84
haegar
mangaviking

well, roxy just did just that Irvine, and she's way ahead of them
Old 2011-10-03, 07:16   Link #85
irvinethearcher
Angriest Angel

I don't know. I have to read the chapter to judge how evil roxy really is.
Old 2011-10-03, 07:17   Link #86
Gooral
Banned

I wonder though if Cassandra really awakened. If she would release lots of youki or half-awakened it would be a more fair fight with Roxanne. But if she would awaken it will either mean a chain reaction and others will awaken too or that Roxanne will be decimated rather easily or that Roxanne is of Priscilla level. I'm really curious where Yagi is going with this. This chapter is only a teaser of what's coming next. Heck, it's even possible that Hysteria and Miria will join forces. They're in a deadlock it seems and it doesn't look like Hysteria is willing to use more youki and awakened #1 would pose a problem especially if Hysteria/Miria were exhausted because of their fight. Each of them had a perfect opportunity to use this distraction to attack the other but they were too cautious.
Old 2011-10-03, 07:17   Link #87
Ulquihorror

has miria's scar disappeared from her spontaneous awakening?
Old 2011-10-03, 07:29   Link #88
haegar
mangaviking

I dunno, @ ulqui, the big X-scar is definetely gone, however there is still some scar or stain around her right eye in some shots, this might either be a remnant of the old scar or a new wound inflicted by hysteria, or some blood and goo from the fight, but yeah, the big one is definetely healed - also, they exchange heavy blows with blood spurting heavily from both of them - so it makes sense her regen-ability is pretty maxed out atm.

as for what gooral wrote, yeah, big teaser basically and kinda cliffhangerish in many ways, but I rly enjoy this one - I think Miria vs Hysteria being a draw for now is about the best turn of events one could hope for regarding the logic of Miria's powerup (no matter how much I would have enjoyed her giving hysteria a through sppanking )

I think it is highly likely Roxy truly awakens cause there is some serious speed lining for the release, more so though because of the flashback and specially because of the reopening of wounds - that seems to indicate that her psychological trauma has intensified to such an extent that her body reacts involuntary - hence - awakening imminent. Next chap might very well start with a double spread of her awakend form...
Anyways, rly wonder what Miria and Hysteria talk about XD I also want clarification on what technique Roxy used to ex Cassy in the flashback - did she use toe lowlevel-use-the-swordhilt thing? or was this crush with the tip of the sword pommel something else? btw like the symbolism of it - the move is just what you would to with a stick to a snake writhing on the floor in front of you, stab down fast n hard, like exterminating vermin... boy she sure is one hell ofa piece of work... damn its true what spoilers mentioned, I rly feel sorry for cassy. she didn't deserve that. smh.
Old 2011-10-03, 07:32   Link #89
Kain999

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gooral View Post
I wonder though if Cassandra really awakened. If she would release lots of youki or half-awakened it would be a more fair fight with Roxanne. But if she would awaken it will either mean a chain reaction and others will awaken too or that Roxanne will be decimated rather easily or that Roxanne is of Priscilla level. I'm really curious where Yagi is going with this. This chapter is only a teaser of what's coming next. Heck, it's even possible that Hysteria and Miria will join forces. They're in a deadlock it seems and it doesn't look like Hysteria is willing to use more youki and awakened #1 would pose a problem especially if Hysteria/Miria were exhausted because of their fight. Each of them had a perfect opportunity to use this distraction to attack the other but they were too cautious.
But Dae's comment's seem to suggest he is expecting them to awaken.
I agree that the next chapter can be anything. Its so open ended that i cannot even guess what is going to happen next.
Old 2011-10-03, 07:36   Link #90
rafael1932
claymores pimp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newhope View Post
Pretty MEH chapter overall.
Yep, but I can be better after English escalations

Roxane and cassandra is the only good part – can’t wait for English version
Miria seems boring, more like filler
The twins injuries are a little bit too much – hope that only the twins are able to do that. we don’t want yuma and the other to heal brain injuries, do we?
And not showing cassandra awakened form in the end is a crime
Quote:
Originally Posted by irvinethearcher View Post
The most evil creatures in the whole claymoreverse were those bandits by far i would say.
No monster came ever near to the ruthelessnes and cruesomeness of those humans.
In a normal world, without yoma:
The bandits were normal men
Ophelia was a normal child ( she show up her true colors in the end)
Roxane would still be a sociopath ( I think that this guys are born already this way; I can be wrong but I am convinced this way)
Old 2011-10-03, 07:47   Link #91
Ulquihorror

I think roxanne will be a really gentle and good hearted awakened, lol
Old 2011-10-03, 07:49   Link #92
Demon6666

Does the raw actually say that Cassandra awakened? if not then perhaps in the next chapter she will half awaken exactly ilke Miria and her situation with Ophelia. Perhaps Raftela will stop her awakening? just a few of my thoughts.
Old 2011-10-03, 07:49   Link #93
haegar
mangaviking

@ ulquihorror :
0.o not sure if serious 0.o

no wait, that was a joke, rite?

don't think she will awaken soon though - she still seems pretty stable, her psychotic sado strain nonewithstanding ...
Old 2011-10-03, 07:54   Link #94
limao
DeAd

I wonder if there will be a colored version of the whole chapter...
Old 2011-10-03, 08:02   Link #95
haegar
mangaviking

eh? why the f** should there be? well, you could always do one ^^
Old 2011-10-03, 08:10   Link #96
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newhope View Post
Pretty MEH chapter overall.
I just saw the chapter myself just now, and I felt the same...I think it's because we essentially 'read' the whole chapter already through the spoilers -- more then usual because usually spoilers only reveal some snippets. However, practically every spoiler this month was true which doesn't really happen.

The unfortunate part of that is, is that all my fears about each spoiler, are essentially now rolled into one -- for example, how on earth is Cassandra suddenly wounded like that? Just because I think of a past bruise, doesn't mean it suddenly comes back. My theory on that one is, is that the revival never actually healed it -- truly, like Frankenstein, they all still carry the wounds they had when they died and the damage only now just caught up with her, which in turn, made her remember her past memories.

If i'm right, then it also means the same undoubtedly for the other two, which means Miria could suddenly have a big advantage over her fight with Hysteria.

Which brings me to my second fear, that one of them might actually die - I've already whined about this enough, but I think it's a solid complaint; no, nobody has actually died, but I simply don't want that to happen at all, flat-out. Whether one of them awakens or not, I guess isn't so bad....but still, we've had the original Big Three all this time, for years...if one of them dies now, I can't express how astronomically anticlimatic that would be, especially after all the drama and fuss about bringing them to life.

On the flip side though, their were all sorts of things I liked about this chapter; the artwork in particular, perhaps it's just been awhile since I read a recent Claymore chapter, was beautiful as ever -- even though it's not exactly new that Yagi has been very lazy with new hair-styles for a long time now (Cassandra's friend is just a glossier/flaxen version of Cynthia; and I swore I thought I saw Renee for a second (Hysteria ), the faces, the little details...everything is just very very good. Miria noticably looked like an AE when she powered up.

And speaking of which, Roxanne beating out Ophelia as the greater maniac feels like it wins out even more -- and the parallels between Cassandra and Miria go even further: heck, her entire flashback felt like one giant parallel to the Extra Chapter that starred her and Hilda....Cassandra however went further then Miria because, unlike Miria, Cassandra caught some foul-play and immediately pointed the finger at Roxanne. I don't know the dialog (waiting on English version), but Roxanne undoubtedly had a snippy reaction that sent Cassandra off the edge...

Which makes me wonder something else: one of the things I liked about one of the spoilers, is the weakness in Roxanne not replicating Cassandra (whether because it was too scary/too much/couldn't do it etc)...I thought it was silly last month that she didn't do it, as it would have been her crown achievement, but if the spoiler is true, their is a reason --- but more then that though, if she didn't copy her technique, the expression on her face when Cassandra goes berserk tells me that she maybe did all this, simply to ensure Cassandra's demise and take the No.1 rank for herself -- even without her technique, she had more then enough power to win the title. Shame though that the others never caught on though, because I mentioned last chapter that other warriors undoubtedly began to suspect what Roxanne was doing to her 'friends'.

As for the Twins surviving head-shots...the only thing kind of reminds me of Riful in that she as able to move her innards around her ribbonly body -- she was an Awakened Being (an Abyssal at that), so it makes sense that she could do that...but the Twins; it makes sense to me that they have this sort of ability as well as, like with Alicia and Beth, the Organization was/is trying to get high-powered AB/Abyssal strength/abilities in normal warriors.

I'll write more as they come to me.
Old 2011-10-03, 08:14   Link #97
limao
DeAd

Quote:
Originally Posted by haegar View Post
eh? why the f** should there be? well, you could always do one ^^
Do you like rainbow hair that much?
Old 2011-10-03, 08:16   Link #98
haegar
mangaviking

hm. kinda unusual for you shieky to be be so sceptical (MEH CHAP) without even having the translation?! I opt for the opposite, all in all a very good chapter. yeah, cliffhanger suck, but nicely done and a many things that could have sucked thankfully did not happen

well let's wait for some partial translations I guess. or one I wouldlike to knwo what hysteria is thinking about Miria and the lines they exchange - of particular interest is alsod the scene before flashback where roxy looks over to M vs H and seemingly comments: what does she say about the two speedfighters?

I saw tom bombadil lurk half an hour ago but sadly he seems gone...
Old 2011-10-03, 08:17   Link #99
MalakTawus

Go Cassy!!! GO! Kill that b****!!!

Im a bit sad if she really awakens since i hoped she would join the ghosts....but on the other hand, that could force Roxy to awaken,this way 2 of the new abyssals will be born.....and Miria could force Hysty to awaken,this way we'll have again a full set,lol.

About what happened with the twins,imo its Rafty's doing but i could be wrong.

In this chapt there is a good amount of dialogue,so i'm sure it will be even more interesting when the eng version will come out.
Old 2011-10-03, 08:20   Link #100
haegar
mangaviking

Spoiler for OT: