AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2013-03-23, 22:41   Link #12981
Lupus753

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sol Falling View Post
However, how exactly is Kumagawa supposed to 'beat' Medaka? In what arena? In what task? Medaka herself has already lost plenty of times, in 'games' or against inhuman opponents. Just a single victory over Medaka would not represent much, without anything on the line. Unless it managed to symbolize something greater or significant, there's no reason to call just any victory over Medaka the 'ultimate' one.
Yes, Medaka has lost before. BUT! They were against people who weren't Kumagawa. Thusly, any victory Kuma has over her - physical, moral, even romantic - would be good for him.
Lupus753 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-24, 03:36   Link #12982
BladeEntity
Anything's Possible
*Author

Am I the only one who thinks 2 Year old Medaka and Zen looks so adorable together.

As far as shipping goes doesn't really matter as long as its well written/developed
Old 2013-03-24, 04:49   Link #12983
Kinali

@Sol Falling

Well I was just stating how I saw both relationships once I consider everyone's thoughts. So to be honest I never saw Medaka being dependent on Zenkichi. I saw their first encounter as Zenkichi being the first person to step into her world. He gave her a purpose and proposed to him. He rejected but she still wanted to be with him because she was interested in him not dependant on him. She could do anything alone but why not spend it with someone you care for (someone important). Just like with Kumagawa that "dependancy" could just have happened later especially after being together for so many years. Yes their relationship is weird but I don't think it has nothing to do with "dependancy". At least not the root cause like in Kumagawa's situation.

Also Medaka has shown that she doesn't need Zen to accomplish something and to expect him to be there after she comes back does not make it bad. Heck, If I love someone I would want that person to be there when I came back. So if they really do love each other their love can be thought of as weird but not weak or fake and not the healthiest at the moment compared to Kumagawa's love. Now with Zen I somewhat agree with you so I would like to see more about him if he changes regardless if he ends up with Medaka or not.

I haven't read all of the forum comments but what made you try and get so much information about all this and prove people wrong? Was it because everybody was against the idea of Kumagawa x Medaka? Well in the end I cant really say I disagree or agree with you but I do consider it a good point of view. I guess I just happen to see it differently.

As for shipping even when Zen and Medaka were engaged I still gave Kumagawa 50% chance that he could still end up with Medaka. Just as I give Zenkichi 50% chance of getting back together. In the end who cares I just hope whatever direction he goes it gets better without removing Zen or Kumagawa like what they kind of did with Akune.

So I agree with BladeEntity that as long as its well written I'll be happy. So I'll just wait and see what happens.
Kinali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-24, 06:39   Link #12984
BladeEntity
Anything's Possible
*Author

On another note, this arc honestly has the feel of the final arc of Medaka it seems to be building up to a proper finale here. Of course anything can happen but I would say its a 75% chance of being the finale of Medaka box. Especially considering chapter 1 actually foreshadowed the bouquet of flowers farewell. So everything is coming full circle and coming to a close in my opinion.
Old 2013-03-24, 08:57   Link #12985
ccie20012

@BladeEntity
It's no trivial "bouquet of flowers". It's - bouquet toss. IMHO. Hint in name of the arc.
http://wiki.weddingbee.com/Bouquet_toss
ccie20012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-24, 09:48   Link #12986
DawnEmperor

Okay, it makes some reasonable sense, and I think I was thinking similarly in that Medaka obviously symbolized "victory" as she's the opposite of Kumagawa. But I think it's worth analyzing their interests. Do these people love the person or their qualities? I remember Zenkichi emphasizing that "even if they made clones of Medaka, or people just like her, it would still be her that he would be in love with".

Is it the same with Kumagawa? Again, I feel I'm mostly harping on semantics, since of course I don't doubt their pivotal relationship but the fact that it would have to turn out such a way.

Last edited by DawnEmperor; 2013-03-24 at 10:10.
DawnEmperor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-24, 12:54   Link #12987
Last Carpet

Anyone else think that Medaka will get 99 flowers from the students/guests, only to find that Zenkichi had the last flower along with the first
Last Carpet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-24, 13:02   Link #12988
zigantz22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Carpet View Post
Anyone else think that Medaka will get 99 flowers from the students/guests, only to find that Zenkichi had the last flower along with the first
Depending on his growth throughout this arc, that could be a pretty satisfying and realistic development, but I think the most likely direction for the story to take is for Ajimu to hold the final flower, which I'd prefer.

Last edited by zigantz22; 2013-03-24 at 13:29.
zigantz22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-24, 23:05   Link #12989
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Carpet View Post
Anshin'in making her appearance is, depending if they make another arc or end the manga here, probably more realistic since she was pretty much announced by Ikihiko.
I like the Zenkichi variation too though, because he went down a bit too easy in my eyes lol

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.
AC-Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-25, 07:17   Link #12990
Wolfenstein

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC-Phoenix View Post
I like the Zenkichi variation too though, because he went down a bit too easy in my eyes lol
Well...it's not like he really intended to fight her seriously, he kinda said that he wanted to get hit as so to crush out the childish part of him that still wanted to cling to Medaka despite him wanting to grow up.
And, though he did become the most powerful character in the series for one single chapter to defeat the Fallen Hero, he's always been fairly weak without Contradictory Conjunction.

I don't know. Didn't really bother me.
Old 2013-03-25, 07:21   Link #12991
Homura7

Won't surprise me if Zenkichi had the first flower and he also has the last.
Homura7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-25, 07:52   Link #12992
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori

It is pretty much official that this is the final arc of the series. Nisio ends all his series the same way and that is a boss rush.
omimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-25, 09:11   Link #12993
orangejuicetang

then again, I thought the same for the Black Jet Wedding arc bc that seemed to be a total setup for boss rush as well

If a corrupt court will not behead an evil king, than the watchman should do it himself.
orangejuicetang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-27, 07:39   Link #12994
Homura7

Where are ma spoilers.
Old 2013-03-27, 07:47   Link #12995
zigantz22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurusu-Shirudo View Post
Where are ma spoilers.
Spoiler for chapter 188:
zigantz22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-28, 19:27   Link #12996
Homura7

Here's the list of people Medaka must defeat.

Spoiler for spoiler:

Yet the interesting part is in the remaining participants.

Spoiler for spoiler:
Old 2013-03-28, 22:41   Link #12997
silvercover
Romance Expert

^should cross out medaka there you know.

Spoiler:
silvercover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-29, 10:47   Link #12998
Homura7

^Nope. You seem to have forgotten something.

EDIT: Raw is out. To anyone who thought this would be a tournament, lolololol.

EDIT2:

Spoiler for spoiler:

Last edited by Homura7; 2013-03-29 at 11:05.
Old 2013-03-29, 14:22   Link #12999
Tenchi Hou Take

Dat author laziness. Lets have an chapter where the MC off panels almost everyone. Sounds like an amazing idea. No wonder this is so often ranked in the bottom 5. Honestly before I thought it was undeseving but the authors trying really hard, to make that position deserving.

There's always that room for twists, but most of the recent twists in Medaka box end up for the negative not positive. Urge to skip arc is rising.
Tenchi Hou Take is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-29, 14:38   Link #13000
Lupus753

Of course she off-panels everyone. This manga is slow-paced enough as it is. Besides, it's not important to show these things.
Lupus753 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, comedy, harem, nishio, romance, shounen, student council