AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2013-04-02, 11:54   Link #29401
Providenceangle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
Man, I really miss the old days when Mobile Suits as obscure as Gogg, Z’gok, Acguy, Gyan, and even Guntank get regular MG release. Nowadays, even a Suit as popular as Tallgeese II is relegated to exclusive items. *sigh* I guess economy has turned for the worse. I fear for the future .
It's because of the poor business practice(s) that bandai has. If they would allow their content to be more available... They need to get back into bigger markets. Without their foolishness. Then they could target more people with "money", to buy their products. I'd buy even more, if 90% of the local hobby shops, didn't stop selling gundam... All because no one cares for it. I miss the 90s, when you could get gundam basically anywhere.
Providenceangle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-02, 13:48   Link #29402
firefox
Seed seeder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Providenceangle View Post
It's because of the poor business practice(s) that bandai has. If they would allow their content to be more available... They need to get back into bigger markets. Without their foolishness. Then they could target more people with "money", to buy their products. I'd buy even more, if 90% of the local hobby shops, didn't stop selling gundam... All because no one cares for it. I miss the 90s, when you could get gundam basically anywhere.
They could open a english webshop ...can't be that hard ...
firefox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-02, 13:52   Link #29403
Providenceangle

Quote:
Originally Posted by firefox View Post
They could open a english webshop ...can't be that hard ...
You get more people interested in your product, when it's shown on local TV stations no? Then you can rope in a wider audience, so you can sell more products, resulting in the ability to make more products to sell. That would get more MG units made, not just the most popular kits.
Old 2013-04-02, 15:48   Link #29404
suiton629
Master Grade Master

Quote:
Not only with GunPla, but their DVD and BluRay market also is f'ed up.

They severely overprice it in Japan and then do the same thing in the US, diregarding the currency exchange rate and how much DVD and BluRay went for anime. Trying to charge so much for like 1 or 2 episodes on a BluRay won't do.

Then they claimed that because of too much pirating, they decided to drop the US market entirely (DVD, BluRay, and manga).

Why did people in the US pirate?

a. not enough releases
b. severely overpriced
c. not enough printed copies

And now we get a online exclusive kits way too frequently and US based sellers need to charge crazy amounts.

And the MG's that we want are delayed and Bandai half-asses a lot of kits in all grades and makes dumb decisions on things (like Tallgeese MG EW using yellow stickers on the thrusters), and they overly simplify inner frame for their kits (look at the MG kits from Wing EW line and Age line).
Old 2013-04-02, 16:28   Link #29405
Providenceangle

It's going to be overpriced regardless. Being in more countries means, more profit period. They just refuse to share in it, by allowing local companies to make a profit marketing the material in the respective locations.

Anyway back on topic. I'm trying so hard to stop buying gunpla. At best I get them dry fit. They sit on my desk, mocking me. I'm probably gonna buy a MG impulse now too... A question though. With the MG Wing gundam. Is it better to paint the yellow parts gold, while also painting the blue parts metallic? Or do both in flat colours like the white and gray parts will be?
Old 2013-04-02, 16:49   Link #29406
suiton629
Master Grade Master

Keep it flat.
Metallic colors look tacky and cheap. I prefer the flat/matte style.

http://www.hkml.net/Discuz/viewthrea...extra=page%3D1

^ Damn. Bandai should do an official MG Exia R3 release.
Old 2013-04-02, 18:58   Link #29407
maknaedik

Quote:
It's going to be overpriced regardless. Being in more countries means, more profit period. They just refuse to share in it, by allowing local companies to make a profit marketing the material in the respective locations.

Anyway back on topic. I'm trying so hard to stop buying gunpla. At best I get them dry fit. They sit on my desk, mocking me. I'm probably gonna buy a MG impulse now too... A question though. With the MG Wing gundam. Is it better to paint the yellow parts gold, while also painting the blue parts metallic? Or do both in flat colours like the white and gray parts will be?
I always always prefer the flat/matte style, but metallic finish is also good. It just depends on your preference. Have you tried doing a metallic finish? stryderprime of youtube loves metallic finishes, you could check some of his works in his channel to see. If I remembered it correctly, I think he has already done an MG Wing EW.

Red Gunpla Reviews: http://redblondemean.wordpress.com

My Personal Blog: http://cmgaddict.wordpress.com
maknaedik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-02, 20:04   Link #29408
Providenceangle

Quote:
Originally Posted by maknaedik View Post
I always always prefer the flat/matte style, but metallic finish is also good. It just depends on your preference. Have you tried doing a metallic finish? stryderprime of youtube loves metallic finishes, you could check some of his works in his channel to see. If I remembered it correctly, I think he has already done an MG Wing EW.
I'm thinking, I'll do Mr. Color super silver with a top coat of clear yellow. I'll do a test before I do anything.

@Suiton I'll use a flat top coat. Instead of flat colours. I personally, don't like shooting them with my airbrush. Just a personal gripe.

I'm thinking something similar to this: http://www.gundammodelkits.com/model...ro-tv-ver.html

Last edited by Providenceangle; 2013-04-02 at 20:20.
Old 2013-04-02, 20:36   Link #29409
Skye629

For UC personally I like the flat military looking finish for the edgier EF units and gloss/metallic for the rounder space faction units

For AC it tends to depend more on the unit for me
Skye629 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-02, 20:45   Link #29410
suiton629
Master Grade Master

Any idea if Wing EW and Wing Zero EW will get an updated release in MG form?

Or should I just get the Shenlong EW, Deathscythe EW, Deathscythe Hell EW, and Sandrock EW in the mean time, and then hope for a Nataku EW, Heavyarms Kai EW, Sandrock Kai EW, and Tallgeese III EW?
Old 2013-04-02, 20:57   Link #29411
Skye629

Quote:
Originally Posted by suiton629 View Post
Any idea if Wing EW and Wing Zero EW will get an updated release in MG form?

Or should I just get the Shenlong EW, Deathscythe EW, Deathscythe Hell EW, and Sandrock EW in the mean time, and then hope for a Nataku EW, Heavyarms Kai EW, Sandrock Kai EW, and Tallgeese III EW?
Did you even read our replies to this very same question a few weeks ago?
Old 2013-04-03, 04:19   Link #29412
duotiga
Zander Yuusha Kyorugold

Send a message via ICQ to duotiga Send a message via MSN to duotiga
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skye629 View Post
Did you even read our replies to this very same question a few weeks ago?
To prevent you frm further fuming , is best to have him on your ignore list & you will be blessed

I might getting mg jesta as my 1st MG gm kit
Sad that did not get the hguc ver previously ...so hard to find locally now
duotiga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-04, 01:24   Link #29413
firefox
Seed seeder

Quote:
Originally Posted by duotiga View Post
To prevent you frm further fuming , is best to have him on your ignore list & you will be blessed

I might getting mg jesta as my 1st MG gm kit
Sad that did not get the hguc ver previously ...so hard to find locally now
How do local prices stand up to the official bandai price?

In Europe there is no such thing as buying gundam locally, we use online stores .
I also bought the 1/144 HG jesta ysterday, the canon version was out of stock
firefox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-04, 02:06   Link #29414
Skye629

Quote:
Originally Posted by firefox View Post
How do local prices stand up to the official bandai price?

In Europe there is no such thing as buying gundam locally, we use online stores .
I also bought the 1/144 HG jesta ysterday, the canon version was out of stock
Locally for me (USA West Coast) you see a 5-10 increase in price for HGs, 10-1.5 the price for MGs (all in US $dollars of course), and very rarely a good deal (nearly the same as the retail price)
Old 2013-04-04, 06:40   Link #29415
Providenceangle

In terms of buying online. Shipping is the real factor. You can get amazing deals from some websites, but if shipping from their location adds 30 dollars, you didn't really save much...

HG Jesta as a example. I paid around 25 USD(all costs included), which is like 19 euros/ 16 pounds. Not a great price, but it's better then not getting it...
Old 2013-04-04, 07:29   Link #29416
duotiga
Zander Yuusha Kyorugold

the retail price here is like adding the shipping price inside
local hobby shops price are slightly cheaper
once a while i bought online but the shipping does kills the price also ( i do import before from HK,Taiwan & even USA)
Old 2013-04-04, 23:30   Link #29417
suiton629
Master Grade Master

Anyone get a weird feeling this guy won't get an MG or maybe given the whole online exclusive release?
Old 2013-04-05, 20:53   Link #29418
Skye629

Quote:
Originally Posted by suiton629 View Post

Anyone get a weird feeling this guy won't get an MG or maybe given the whole online exclusive release?
How is it a weird feeling?

If they do release one in some form it will just be a pleasant surprise, no more, no less
Old 2013-04-05, 21:08   Link #29419
suiton629
Master Grade Master

I mean I guess it could come out considering that it's mostly going to be reusing parts from the MG Age-1 Normal. Although I really hope they give a new waist section since those tiny little tabs break so easily and with the weight of the Gransa Armor pieces, I think it would be more likely to break.
Old 2013-04-05, 22:16   Link #29420
duotiga
Zander Yuusha Kyorugold

Finally got my hands on this

Tags
gundam, gunpla, model kit, toy