AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2012-06-26, 10:50   Link #501
chromeknickers
Illustrious Potentate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randrak42 View Post
But think of the queen fanboys...you heartless monster.
What about the Queen fangirls? *raises her pom-poms*
Old 2012-06-26, 11:06   Link #502
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Quote:
Originally Posted by chromeknickers View Post
What about the Queen fangirls? *raises her pom-poms*
My sincere apologies.

Seriously though...don't get Queen's popularity...then again to each their own, I'm sure some people don't understand Dal Dal's popularity.
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-26, 11:52   Link #503
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

I'd have to go with Moon as my girl, if only for the fact that she has more screentime than Go Seul (Kung Fu Bunny-chan). Both of them have the best chapter cover art.
Old 2012-06-26, 11:58   Link #504
Chandalen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempest35 View Post
I'd have to go with Moon as my girl, if only for the fact that she has more screentime than Go Seul (Kung Fu Bunny-chan). Both of them have the best chapter cover art.
As much as I enjoy Dal Dal, Moon really is the best one of the bunch. I suppose it's telling at my age, but the things I find enjoyable with females/partners/whatever is completely different than when I was half my age. But Moon young is definitely a keeper that is overlooked in most cases.

Doesn't hurt that she does have the best chapter cover art I suppose
Chandalen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-26, 12:15   Link #505
chromeknickers
Illustrious Potentate

Quote:
My sincere apologies.

Seriously though...don't get Queen's popularity...then again to each their own, I'm sure some people don't understand Dal Dal's popularity.
Well, for me it's because Queen is a classic tsundere, which is so rare to come by in manga and animes these days. Nowadays the majority seem to be type A tsuntsuns.

But Queen isn't my favourite character; she's just the girl I prefer for the endgame love interest for Jae Gu (if there will be an endgame love interest; I honestly don't care). Moon Young is my favourite character because she's such a bro. Dal Dal is cute for sure. In fact, I love them all. It's one of the very few (if only) harems that doesn't piss me off. :P
Old 2012-06-26, 12:37   Link #506
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Really? I always thought Queen was more of a Kuudere type :I

I dunno why but I'm always a sucker for the "kurumu" type. You know, the girl that is completely in love with the main character, is not afraid to show it (usually super cute and petite), is actually capable of being homely and such but in the end...she never gets picked. It's kinda like cheering for the underdog...
I like Moon to but really she is both such and just a bro in my eyes.
Old 2012-06-26, 13:20   Link #507
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

Yeah, Moon does have that vibe. The one that you can go at her place, she'll give you a beer and the both of you would chill on the porch and just talk about stuff. The one that you can go to that bar with downtown and start some 'trouble'.

Dal Dal's that housewife that would come out to the bar to get your ass back home and woe to anyone who stands in her way of getting you home safe and sound.

Go Seul's the kind of girl that I can't WAIT to get back home to. She's pretty much the most feminine out of the girls. The way she acted with Jae Gu when he was geting jumped was epic but the way she comforted him when he started crying out of fustration was just...d'aww. It was that scene that jumped her to the top for me.
Old 2012-06-26, 14:45   Link #508
chromeknickers
Illustrious Potentate

Quote:
Really? I always thought Queen was more of a Kuudere type :I
The classic tsundere (which started most of the "x-deres") is a girl who starts off cool and aloof and gradually warms up to the main protagonist (love interest). She's the moe girl with the luminescent blush. Kuuderes, for the most part, are expressionless girls (façade or not) with a blunt, snarky wit, kinda like Yozora from Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai (deadpan snarker, she is).

I can see how Queen fits in with the expressionless girl category, but she has one hell of a blush (see my banner), and she doesn't have the deadpan snarky attitude. She doesn't even have a superiority complex, and she's apparently the best fighter in the area. Plus, she's not a cold bitch (except that one time with Jae Gu, due to her hatred of men).

Sooooo many x-deres.
Old 2012-06-26, 15:24   Link #509
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Speaking of x-deres...I want a Yandere :I
Because every harem needs a yandere. Hell, every show needs a yandere! The best x-dere there is!
Old 2012-06-26, 16:09   Link #510
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Quote:
Speaking of x-deres...I want a Yandere :I
Because every harem needs a yandere. Hell, every show needs a yandere! The best x-dere there is!
Bunny-chan for yandere then!!

Every yandere needs to be able to wield the blade well and as we know she knows how to.....despite not actually seeing her do so yet
Old 2012-06-27, 07:32   Link #511
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Judo girl...I liked her but what an idiot move she did.
Old 2012-06-27, 11:13   Link #512
ShiroiRyu

45 : Oh man ...
The couch ... XD
Old 2012-06-27, 12:58   Link #513
Shadow5YA

Man... that white haired guy plays dirty. Not that there's anything wrong with that in this tournament, but I don't think he'll win against the higher tier if he relys on those mind games to win.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-27, 13:01   Link #514
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
Man... that white haired guy plays dirty. Not that there's anything wrong with that in this tournament, but I don't think he'll win against the higher tier if he relys on those mind games to win.
Thing is, he already proven to be actually quite strong without dirty tricks (we didn't see his previous fight, but there was no mention of foul play).

The judo girl was just stupid AND uncharacteristic of a fighter. No judo or any fighter would get embarrassed to the point of giving up a dominant position just because the bottom guy says they are in a risque position.
Old 2012-06-27, 15:07   Link #515
Awrya
U mad?

Judo girl, facepalm
She had a good position, instead of retreating any martial artist would (should) have just continued. She will lose, but not due to a difference in skill but her idiocy.

Queen got quite some fans, they even prepare a first class seat for someone who might never sit on it
Old 2012-06-27, 15:26   Link #516
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Thing is, he already proven to be actually quite strong without dirty tricks (we didn't see his previous fight, but there was no mention of foul play).

The judo girl was just stupid AND uncharacteristic of a fighter. No judo or any fighter would get embarrassed to the point of giving up a dominant position just because the bottom guy says they are in a risque position.
We don't how how strong those other guys are. Typically anyone outside of Wilds High has had a lower skill level than those from Wilds High.

Also, it's because the judo girl was stupid that I am questioning the white haired guy's ability. He was taken down and mounted by someone who is an undisciplined fighter. Why wasn't he just shown wiping the floor with her like he did with those other guys? What does he have against the strong Wilds High fighters where his taunting will not work?
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-27, 15:34   Link #517
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
We don't how how strong those other guys are. Typically anyone outside of Wilds High has had a lower skill level than those from Wilds High.

Also, it's because the judo girl was stupid that I am questioning the white haired guy's ability. He was taken down and mounted by someone who is an undisciplined fighter. Why wasn't he just shown wiping the floor with her like he did with those other guys? What does he have against the strong Wilds High fighters where his taunting will not work?
You have a point.
Guess we'll see in the next few matches. If I'm not mistaken he'll have to fight everyone non-stop right?
Old 2012-06-27, 15:45   Link #518
Waven
Itadaki-nyaaa !!

Well, we didn't see the fight between beanie and granny-hair. He might as well have used some dirty tricks and looking at how he's been presented thus far he totally seems the type.
Waven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-27, 15:58   Link #519
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

He acts like one of those guys that'll cheapshot you from behind, then talk about 'always being prepared' or some BS like that. The guy at the bar that no one messes with not because he's so strong, rather he's too unpredictable. I bet that he's the type that hates martial artists or anyone who considers themselves such.
Old 2012-06-27, 20:35   Link #520
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
Isn't it because he's playing around? He seems like the type to not get serious unless he's provoked or interested, and 'some fat pig' would be pretty low on his 'interesting' list.

frubam is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
great siblings, queenxjae gu, romance, runaway mom