AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Psycho-Pass

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-12-22, 06:42   Link #61
Ridwan

At most the system will be not-quite-thoroughly shaken, and yes, as much as I would hope for otherwise, it does seem that Makishima will more likely attempt shutting down Sybil System the manual way. I'd argue that his charisma and Akane now having the potential to become a fireball will be able to achieve Chinese-sense interesting outcome, but for now it seems we can only wait for that 'masterpiece' Urobuchi has claimed to have accomplished...
Old 2012-12-23, 09:12   Link #62
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackwhite67 View Post
Makishima is clearly the main villain and following "the villain never wins" assumption, Makishima will obviously die. Now, the question is will he die still holding on to his beliefs or will Kogami successfully crush his philosophy? I am hoping for the latter. Kogami will kill him using the Dominator and do something to raise Makishima's psycho-pass and allow him to use the Dominator on him.
Being killed by the Dominator will only be one in the pocket for proponents of that system.

I rather he dies in any way other than being executed by Sybil
Old 2012-12-23, 10:04   Link #63
Ridwan

As far as Sybil System is concerned, I'm actually on board with Makishima.
Old 2012-12-23, 20:13   Link #64
darkchibi07

Send a message via AIM to darkchibi07 Send a message via MSN to darkchibi07
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
After this episode, I want Akane herself to deal with Makishima.
I predict she'll deal with him around 2/3rds of the second cour, and then the first OP sequence will come into fruition.
Old 2012-12-23, 20:27   Link #65
Reincarnated
World Inverse Creator

hey doesn't anyone found it's strange when makishima talks with Akane in eps 11? It's like "ah yes so you're Tsunemori Akane huh, nice to meet you." like he doesn't know Akane at all, but how did he know that Yuki is her friend, that to lure Kougami they have to kidnap Yuki so that the trap can be set?

I suspect there's another person here who know well about Akane, Yuki and Kougami's relationship.
Old 2012-12-24, 00:52   Link #66
Chiaki_chan
Kubo GO TO HELL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reincarnated View Post
hey doesn't anyone found it's strange when makishima talks with Akane in eps 11? It's like "ah yes so you're Tsunemori Akane huh, nice to meet you." like he doesn't know Akane at all, but how did he know that Yuki is her friend, that to lure Kougami they have to kidnap Yuki so that the trap can be set?

I suspect there's another person here who know well about Akane, Yuki and Kougami's relationship.
Makishima had to ask Gu-sung of information the inspector who is responsible for the executor Kogami Shinya, Gu-sung after extensive research to find Akane Tsunemorie then said to have Makishima and then ask a Gu-sung plan to find someone close enough Akane (eg a friend) so Yuki (after you tell me why its not Yuki and other friend) to this question, I know ... 2 can be as girls Yuki was nearest Akane ...

And therefore it could not be explained as Makishima has already seen a picture or not (but of course never real)
Old 2012-12-24, 08:44   Link #67
Roger Rambo
Sensei, aishite imasu

Theory

When Kougami goes to murder the fuck out of shit face Makishima, his righteous fury sends his crime coefficient to 300+, while Shogo is still under 100. So in the eyes of a dominator viewing the scene, Kougami is a psycho trying to murder an innocent person, and open to eliminator mode.

Will Akane play an important role in keeping the Sybil system from juding Kougami as he judges Shogo with a boot up his albino ass?
Old 2012-12-24, 11:35   Link #68
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger Rambo View Post
Theory

When Kougami goes to murder the fuck out of shit face Makishima, his righteous fury sends his crime coefficient to 300+, while Shogo is still under 100. So in the eyes of a dominator viewing the scene, Kougami is a psycho trying to murder an innocent person, and open to eliminator mode.

Will Akane play an important role in keeping the Sybil system from juding Kougami as he judges Shogo with a boot up his albino ass?
Will Akane just ditch the stupid Dominator already rather, and deliver payback the old fashioned way
Old 2012-12-24, 12:46   Link #69
Roger Rambo
Sensei, aishite imasu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
Will Akane just ditch the stupid Dominator already rather, and deliver payback the old fashioned way
That's what she has Kougami for.
Old 2012-12-24, 19:27   Link #70
Kazu-kun

Quote:
That's what she has Kougami for.
That doesn't make sense. It was her friend who was killed before her eyes, because she couldn't make a decision. This is Akane's challenge, not Kougami's. It would be a disservice to her character if she lets Kougami take care of things.
Old 2012-12-25, 03:25   Link #71
Lugia_Tsuyu
Damn, I'm good!

Quote:

I think it's the opposite, actually. Considering if the OP foretells how the story will progress, Kougami should probably be the one keeping Akane from falling into Makishima's path.

Her low and always-clear psycho-pass is another mystery. Will be she become like Makishima because of it, or is it going to help her from being manipulated by him?

And is Makishima even aware of her psycho-pass level?

P.S. Anyone has a spoiler for episode 12?
Old 2012-12-26, 09:14   Link #72
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Spoiler for episode 12 spoiler:
Old 2012-12-26, 10:04   Link #73
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Her idol looks look sweet and her outfit makes me think of a K-Pop girls' band. Can't wait to see how something horrible will happen, but given she had a relationship with Shion, I'm sure her ambiguous, implied lesbian hints about her will be explained to give me a proper idea.
Have your social attention be noticed in a genuinely positive light.
MyAnimeList
Old 2012-12-26, 10:11   Link #74
darkchibi07

Send a message via AIM to darkchibi07 Send a message via MSN to darkchibi07
Quote:
Spoiler for speculation:
Old 2012-12-26, 20:52   Link #75
LightningZERO
You are Dominated!
*Author

Spoiler:
Old 2012-12-26, 22:06   Link #76
mechalord
Deploying Funnel Cakes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lugia_Tsuyu View Post
I think it's the opposite, actually. Considering if the OP foretells how the story will progress, Kougami should probably be the one keeping Akane from falling into Makishima's path.

Her low and always-clear psycho-pass is another mystery. Will be she become like Makishima because of it, or is it going to help her from being manipulated by him?

And is Makishima even aware of her psycho-pass level?

P.S. Anyone has a spoiler for episode 12?
Shogo is genius and psychopath. He sees humans as animals. He's convinced of his own superiority. He has a clear psycho-pass because he sees humans are inferior animals... lab rats. In a twist, the leaders of this new world all share Shogo's traits... they're all immune to the psycho pass. This makes the most sense and is also a common criticism of human leadership.

He's probably not the final villain.

I think Shogo breaks when he feels pain or gets drugged (with a fear inducing or hallucinatory drug).

His weakness.
- he's probably never felt pain
- he's never felt like he lacks control

Somehow, I think I watched similar stories. Sort of like Sherlock but this story lacks the Sherlock Holmes character. Shogo is the consulting criminal like Moriarty in Sherlock. The guy who brings him down may not have been introduced in the story yet.

Sort of has hints of Death Note, too.
Old 2012-12-27, 08:11   Link #77
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

I do hope that the final boss are the creators of the Sibyl system.

However, it will be disappointing if merely seeing others as lower existences makes you immune to Psycho Pass scanning
Old 2012-12-27, 18:52   Link #78
Chiaki_chan
Kubo GO TO HELL

Quote:
Spoiler for my speculation:

Last edited by Chiaki_chan; 2012-12-27 at 20:01.
Old 2012-12-27, 21:36   Link #79
Azulay
Materialize!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiaki_chan View Post
Spoiler for my speculation:
Spoiler:
Old 2012-12-28, 00:14   Link #80
Chiaki_chan
Kubo GO TO HELL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azulay View Post