AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2010-10-13, 13:09   Link #17761
Magin
#1 Akashiya Moka Fan
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Magin Send a message via MSN to Magin
The seal was originally placed in order to seal away the Shinso blood- after all, the Rosary seals away 99% of Moka's vampire traits (minus some of her strength and taste for blood, though the former is used mostly for comedy situations)... had there been no seal, then Alucard would probably still be wreaking havoc. But, Akasha was smart enough to realize there's need to be a key... after all, Outer is only one part of Moka, not her true self (and keep in mind that Inner isn't her true self, either). Which is why she put in the part about someone who could accept Moka as a whole... unfortunately, I think she accidentally put in a loophole- she probably originally meant 'both your regular power as a vampire and your Shinso side', but that got interpreted by Tsukune as her cute, Outer self and her powerful, vampire side... whgich just happens to also carry her Shinso power (since in the first chapter, no one knew that Moka carried the Shinso blood)

R+V fanfic- Chapter 4 of A Water Bride and a Vampire is now up at FF.net!

All fans of Inner or Outer Moka, come join her fanclub!
Magin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-13, 14:03   Link #17762
tyranuus
Team Spice and Wolf UK

I wonder if the simple fact that Moka had Shinso blood was what prevented the regular vampiric factor in Moka's blood from killing Tsukune, as it seems it was meant to, when he reached critical point? Whilst it hadn't integrated itself with him at this point, it may have been enough to hold him together by boosting his regenerative capabilities, both physically and neurologically.
Shinso blood [which to be fair seems to be this manga's version of royalty/pure lineage] seems to carry some incredibly impressive regenerative traits, aside from the other latent potential it unlocks in the carrier(which from my impressions, seems to depend on the host; dependant on the host completely different abilities may develop, it simply reacts based on the personality and capability of the host).

If this turns out to be the case; its somewhat ironic that the one who can unlock the rosario, and Moka's Shinso power, is the one saved by the power it seals, much as the shinso blood seems to have saved Moka's life when she was almost stillborn, and Akasha was forced to inject her with as much blood as she could, to prevent her from dying.

I know asian writers tend to like cycles and transience, so I wonder if this was intentional, or is simply something that Ikeda evolved as an idea as the manga developed.
Reading: None at the moment
tyranuus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-13, 16:29   Link #17763
G.R.J

i wonder if thats it,with a seal, the inner moka is a shinso vampire,minus somethings,and the outer moka is what her vampire form would look like without shinso characteristics?
that wold explain one or two things here and there.
darn it, we need the headmaster to explain just what is going on.

also, if they merge, i wonder what colour hair she ll have?

heres another, can anyone imagine a scenario where one of the other girls in the harem ends up needing a vampire miracle cure? a shinso succubus maybe?
G.R.J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-13, 16:33   Link #17764
G.R.J

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyranuus View Post
I wonder if the simple fact that Moka had Shinso blood was what prevented the regular vampiric factor in Moka's blood from killing Tsukune, as it seems it was meant to, when he reached critical point? Whilst it hadn't integrated itself with him at this point, it may have been enough to hold him together by boosting his regenerative capabilities, both physically and neurologically.
Shinso blood [which to be fair seems to be this manga's version of royalty/pure lineage] seems to carry some incredibly impressive regenerative traits, aside from the other latent potential it unlocks in the carrier(which from my impressions, seems to depend on the host; dependant on the host completely different abilities may develop, it simply reacts based on the personality and capability of the host).

If this turns out to be the case; its somewhat ironic that the one who can unlock the rosario, and Moka's Shinso power, is the one saved by the power it seals, much as the shinso blood seems to have saved Moka's life when she was almost stillborn, and Akasha was forced to inject her with as much blood as she could, to prevent her from dying.

I know asian writers tend to like cycles and transience, so I wonder if this was intentional, or is simply something that Ikeda evolved as an idea as the manga developed.

Good point.
G.R.J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-13, 18:54   Link #17765
Seitsuki
Onee!

hey I just had a thought!

There was something about Alucard waking and needing the sacrifice of a Shinso to reseal right? Maybe that's about to happen again, and Akuha wants to save Moka, the only Shinso she knows.. which would explain her haste and beating everyone out of the way.. or something :D

*goes back to lurking*
Old 2010-10-13, 23:03   Link #17766
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

We need a little break on the stuff that's happening

Hit the music!

Old 2010-10-13, 23:31   Link #17767
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjiharima View Post
We need a little break on the stuff that's happening

Hit the music!

Oh wow, hearing the fanboys chanting along was rolf'ing funny. If only Gonzo did a full animation for this song, I'd forgive them. Really, I would. Or Desire Jounetsu~ especially Desire Jounetsu~... The image of her rocking out late 80's style in black leather pants and a leather student jacket is just...
Old 2010-10-14, 02:55   Link #17768
usspaul

hi all hey tell me what you think of this image everyone
Spoiler for image:
usspaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-14, 05:03   Link #17769
GrrDraxin

Send a message via Yahoo to GrrDraxin
The proportions look alright, but the eyes look a bit lopsided, but maybe it's because you didn't take the picture at the right angle. Maybe you should take it again but this time take it while standing directly over it like a scanner would see it, and then try and get it strait on instead of skewed like it is there. Also if you're worried about not being able to get it all in the frame, just take the picture perpendicular to the camera, IE rotate the sketch 90' when taking it so it fills as much of the frame as possible.
Old 2010-10-14, 06:07   Link #17770
Chris38

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyranuus View Post
Spoiler for snip:
I believe that's a good theory, which is quite possible as well, since like you mentioned, it was capable of saving Moka's life when she was at a risk of becoming stillborn, so a similar thing might have happened in Tsukune's case, which would be kind of ironic ...

Well, ... even if Tsukune was physically fine when he reached his "critical point" of how much vampire blood his body could take ... due to the Shinso aspect of his vampire blood ... at that time, Tsukune's human consciousness wasn't able to take control over the vampire nature and instincts that "awakened" within his body, resulting in his body ...

You're theory tyranuus, also suggests that the physical aspects of Tsukune's transformation have been completed, meaning that "physically" ... Tsukune should remain as he currently is ... unless, later in the manga ... some other things about Tsukune's transformation are going to be brought ou ... that will change how we look on Tsukune's transformation ...

... but if something like that doesn't happen then the physical aspects of Tsukune's transformation should be minimal ... with Tsukune gaining more physical attributes that vampire's posses ... as Tsukune gets more attuned to the power, slumbering within his body ... meaning that most of the developments that Tsukune is going to undergo ... should be mental ... with Tsukune slowly gaining control over the vampire nature and instincts present within Tsukune's Shinso blood ...
Chris38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-14, 08:07   Link #17771
Tachibana
タチバナ

That is an interesting theory, every1 thus far that the Shinso blood has been givin to has been in a condition near death, as for Tsukune's "physical" transformation, i believe its still ongoing, his "physical" transformation will probably be completed when he "transforms" finally.

Although, Tsukune in his sealed state, isnt really human anymore, he has partial fangs and a thurst for Moka's blood, its the same with Moka, she also has a thust for blood and partial fangs, this is a confirmation of his physical development, there is also that "X" scare on his chest that has yet to heal, but i don't really think its a scare, well not a normal 1, but its definetly a result of the Shinso blood, which would also indicate that "secretly" the Shinso blood is changing him.

His physical transformation has been ongoing since Season I, not only that, but everytime Tsukune temporarily transforms, his physical transformation process speeds up, until he reverts back to normal, which would explain some things regarding Tsukune's physical development.

@Seitsuki
Akasha sealed Alucard 200 years prior to Alucard's re-awakening 7 years ago from the present timeline, she didn't need to sacrifice herself to seal him, but the only thing i could think of was that she had the help of the other 2 Dark lords to assist her in the sealing process, so she allowed herself to be takin inside Alucard to seal him once again, because of her belief that this was the only way to stop Alucard for good.

Thats why i came up with the theory that Akasha is still alive but inside Alucard, which i believe would make sense, considering that if Akasha was typically absorbed like any other organism then he would still be on the rampage, Akasha, like Alucard, would be dormant.

As for Akuha getting to Moka, if Fairy Tale's true goal, is to use Alucard to dominate the world, than Akuha would at all costs protect Moka and prevent them from getting there hands on Moka, this of course would be true considering Akuha's crazy sisterly love for Moka. Moka currently the only Shinso right now that could be forced to resurrect Alucard or unless Fairy Tale discovers Tsukune, than the situation would change, this would also support my theory that Akuha doesnt really care about Fairy Tale or there goals and that she only cares for Moka, which is that Moka is Akuha's world
Old 2010-10-14, 09:48   Link #17772
Magin
#1 Akashiya Moka Fan
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Magin Send a message via MSN to Magin
Wait... has it been confirmed that that battle took place 200 years ago? Or is it just another speculation?

R+V fanfic- Chapter 4 of A Water Bride and a Vampire is now up at FF.net!

All fans of Inner or Outer Moka, come join her fanclub!
Magin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-14, 11:00   Link #17773
Chris38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinso Tsukune View Post
Spoiler for snip:
I agree that Tsukune's physical development might not have ended yet, but even when his physical features change ... which as I brought up before ... might not be an indication that Tsukune, is still undergoing changes within his body ...

Since we still don't know what kind of changes underwent within his body and so far there is nothing suggesting, that some kind of change is occurring there .... since Tsukune is still as invulnerable as he was before ... and Tsukune's bloodthirst hasn't been mentioned apart from the two chapter's in the first Season( 27 and 28 to be exact), which ... so far is the only time that Tsukune's bloodthirst has been mentioned ...

After all, the X scar that you mentioned in you're post Shinso Tsukune ... isn't an indication of Tsukune vampire transformation ... it's just a result of the healing of a "normal" (if you call normal ... being sliced in half) wound that Tsukune gained when Saizou and some outcast ayashi guys ... attacked him in chapter 20 of the first season ... ( look at chapter 20, R+V Season I, page 31 ... and you will see that the injury that Tsukune received is similar to how Tsukune's trademark scar looks like)

Well, frankly speaking Tsukune's trademark scar still has some relation to Tsukune's vampire transformation ... but similar things can be said about the other injuries that Tsukune has gained within the series ... after all, if ... a normal human has received even a small margin of the injuries, that Tsukune received within the R+V manga ... so far, then I doubt they would still be ... alive.
Old 2010-10-14, 11:13   Link #17774
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Time to rock

O_O weird really....
Old 2010-10-14, 13:07   Link #17775
GrrDraxin

Send a message via Yahoo to GrrDraxin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magin View Post
Wait... has it been confirmed that that battle took place 200 years ago? Or is it just another speculation?
Yes, it had been confirmed as Akasha mentions it while she was starting her fight with Alucard in chapter 33, first that Alucard has slept for 200 years, and then that Akasha and them were the ones that forced him into his slumber back then.
Old 2010-10-14, 13:17   Link #17776
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

That also confirms that Alucard is not really dead.
What happened to him though after Akasha was sucked in was unknown.
Old 2010-10-14, 13:35   Link #17777
Chris38

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrrDraxin View Post
Yes, it had been confirmed as Akasha mentions it while she was starting her fight with Alucard in chapter 33, first that Alucard has slept for 200 years, and then that Akasha and them were the ones that forced him into his slumber back then.
Well I must have overlooked this, but I think that this is the first time that it has been mentioned that vampires live a lot longer then how they look like.

After all ... judging from appearances Akasha definitely doesn't look like a 200 year old lady.

It also suggests that Tsukune being a human / Shinso vampire hybrid is definitely going to live longer then the rest of his family ... and probably see his human family grow old and finally die ... while Tsukune still stays healthy and young.

Well that probably depends on how long Tsukune is going to live ... compared to vampires, but the aspect of age is definitely something that might exclude Tsukune from the human society and I can't wait to see how Tsuikune is going to take the revelation ... that there is a possibility that he will outlive, his entire human family .... because he isn't technically human anymore ...
Old 2010-10-14, 13:44   Link #17778
Tachibana
タチバナ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris38 View Post
After all, the X scar that you mentioned in you're post Shinso Tsukune ... isn't an indication of Tsukune vampire transformation ... it's just a result of the healing of a "normal" (if you call normal ... being sliced in half) wound that Tsukune gained when Saizou and some outcast ayashi guys ... attacked him in chapter 20 of the first season ... ( look at chapter 20, R+V Season I, page 31 ... and you will see that the injury that Tsukune received is similar to how Tsukune's trademark scar looks like)
Yeah, Tsukune did receive an injury similiar to that of an "X" mark on his chest from the outcast ayashi, however, it was after he became a Ghoul, during the Ghoul incident, Tsukune had some insane regeneration abilities no doubt it was the same as Akasha's and Alucard's form of regeneration, it was also much faster then Moka's ability to regenerate.

Even in Moka's sealed state which also seals the Shinso blood as well, even in her sealed state she regenerates normally, however, Moka being sealed doesnt seem to effect her ability to regenerate, in Tsukune's case he is also sealed, his ability to regenerate is also unaffected by his seal, but for some reason that "X" scare on his chest has yet to heal, i don't understand why this is, after Tsukune became a Ghoul, normally after receiving an injury, Tsukune would just heal and regenerate, but that scare hasn't, thats why i brought up the idea of the Shinso blood being responsible.

I think its safe to say that Vampires and Shinso in this series are pretty much immortal, i do agree that Tsukune will live a lot longer than his family, which means Tsukune will become immortal also, if he wants to be with Moka, than hes gonna have to become a vampire (Shinso), just like her.

Remember, Mortals and Immortals don't mix.

I mean it would be weird to be in Moka's position being with a 100 year old man, and her still remaining young, that would be awkward

Moka X Tsukune Forever

Last edited by Tachibana; 2010-10-14 at 13:54.
Tachibana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-14, 14:43   Link #17779
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

Well, I explain the remains of the X-scar with this: at that time, Tsukune's body still had some leftover blood from Moka from the last time she injected him. So one could argue that with her blood being diluted in his system for however long it was until he used it up again, it might have lost a bit of it's potency to heal him up completely. That and he used the blood for two different things - regenerating after the wound and then mounting a counter attack.
Old 2010-10-14, 15:04   Link #17780
Chris38

@Shinso Tsukune

Well, you seemed to mix up the events from the first season a little, since the Saizou incident happened (which was were Tsukune acquired his trademark scar) , when the side effects of Tsukune, having too much vampire blood in his system have already started to appear, resulting in Tsukune temporarily transforming into a vampire on his own without the need to get another injection of Moka's blood ... but at that time Tsukune was still in control of himself and the actions that he takes ...

The Ghoul incident happened directly after the incident with Saizou ... which might be the reason, why .. you seem to mix up both of those events ... at least that's the impression I got after reading you're post.

Maybe it's a good idea for you, to read the first part of the manga again ... at least it would be something, that would allow you to pass the time ... while we wait for the next chapter

@Tempest

I think that's a good explanation on the reason how the actual scar was made ... simply saying at that point Moka's blood wasn't "strong" enough to fully heal Tsukune's injury ... and transform him into his vampire form as well.

After all Tsukune still needed another dose of Moka's Shinso blood for his Ghoul degeneration to occur .. so it probably means that during the Saizou incident ... Tsukune was still a pretty normal human ... and, while the vampire blood was still present within Tsukune's body, which augmented Tsukune's regeneration a little ... it still wasn't as strong as the regeneration that vampires have ... so it's pretty natural that Tsukune's injuries hadn't fully healed themselves at that time ...

Last edited by Chris38; 2010-10-14 at 15:15.

Tags
action, comedy, ecchi, harem, monogamy, romance, shounen, supernatural, tsumoka romance, vampire