AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

View Poll Results: Mobile Suit Gundam 00 Second Season - Episode 1 Rating
Perfect 10 219 53.41%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 107 26.10%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 43 10.49%
7 out of 10 : Good 22 5.37%
6 out of 10 : Average 11 2.68%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 0.49%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 0.24%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 5 1.22%
Voters: 410. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2008-10-10, 10:00   Link #1061
MooMooFarm

Quote:
After Macross Frontier ends. Gundam says it wants it place back as the best mecha anime in Japan's history.
If you believe Macross Frontier was anywhere near 00 or CG, you my friend aren't watching mecha for mecha. I believe your favourite is definitely the SeeD/Destiny series.

Quote:
His ending will be the most unexpected, becoming a CB agent and the next pilot of 00 after Setsuna gives it up and lives with his fiancees Marina and Nena.
Yeah, the whole Setsuna lives with Marina AND Nena thing would truly be unexpected. But the whole Saji joins CB deal? Nah, it's GOING TO HAPPEN. Anyone from a mile away can see it. The damn kid knows too much about CB already, so either he joins them, or he DIES. No realistic way would CB let him just live a normal life.

Quote:
...You think 4chan's a BLOG?
He's truly animesuki material. Gotta milk him out for what it's worth.
MooMooFarm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-10, 10:08   Link #1062
Dream_Traveller
Banned

Well, thinking 4chan is a freakin' BLOG isn't what...whatever.
Dream_Traveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-10, 10:13   Link #1063
kari-no-sugata

One thing I should have added to my post above...

It's interesting (and presumably deliberate) that Saji says he doesn't want to fall to CB's level and kill people on the same day that Louise killed someone on her first sortie.

Louise seems to have decided to fight yet is clearly not mentally prepared for it - she was nervous at launch but seemed calm enough at the start of the mission. She calmly shot down an enemy MS from medium range to protect a comrade, but then broke down for a bit - she was able to follow her wing-mates for a bit but then broke down again due to seeing a Gundam. It could be that Ribbions is mentally manipulating her but I hope not - I hope she is doing what she's doing by choice, even if he might have paved the way for her.
kari-no-sugata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-10, 10:50   Link #1064
bergarmak
benelunium research unity

Quite good start!
Hope the new characters will last more than 2 or 3 sreentime or episodes.
Andrei smirnov seems to be important than all, depending the full shot he was given to him in the opening.

Great for Louise to be directly involve in the first place of the fight. really like her as development stage.
But quite boring the idea to "take first the CB team before moving".
1 setsuna
2 lockon
3 sumeragi
4 alle

So it was good to take sajy on the same time with setsuna on CB ship.
Hope ep 2 will be as good ( even with what i said before).
bergarmak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-10, 11:59   Link #1065
lubczyk

Quote:
Originally Posted by MooMooFarm View Post

Since when did Gundam become Lovedam? I thought that was the SeeD series. Everything about 00 so far has been pretty melodramatic involving people's personal lives when affected by war, and no one so far has had a happy go lucky catch me lucky charms over the rainbow ending.

I can see it now:

Saji discovers that Nena is the one that killed Louise's family and escapes from CB to get revenge. Then when he finally has Nena cornered pointing a gun at her, he can't bring himself to do it and chickens out; bedding her instead. It'd be better than Inu Yasha!!!

Then there can be epic mobile suit cat fights between Louise and Nena with Saji being indecisive in between.

The fate of the world hangs on the hands of one - Saji Crossroad. Will he choose crazy, genki Nena or crazy, vengeful Louise? The choice is Saji's and Saji's alone.

Oh yeah and there has to be singing. Let Marina and Wang do it since they don't do much else.
lubczyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-10, 12:00   Link #1066
Dream_Traveller
Banned

So...okay...Saji gets it on with Nena, who has also never met Saji in her life, and thinks that getting down and dirty will somehow solve the revenge issue.

'Kay.
Dream_Traveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-10, 12:01   Link #1067
Kelrys
Same old same

Send a message via AIM to Kelrys Send a message via MSN to Kelrys
From the preview at the end of episode 1: Looks like there's an Ahead VS 00 scene.
Kelrys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-10, 12:01   Link #1068
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Quote:
Originally Posted by MooMooFarm View Post
Since when did Gundam become Lovedam?
Because CG hasn't given them enough.

Quote:
I wonder just how much CB has changed. Before, they rather straight-forwardly announced their intentions to the world and followed them through. In some parts of season one they were regarded almost as if they were the international police - crushing the warmongering minority, generally to the benefit of the more peaceful majority.
I won't say CB has changed. Instead, I feel like this is a different CB, although their goal maybe still the same.

Hell, even though A-Laws looks like a bad guy in ep 1, I still think their existence is inevitable. People will alway oppose anything that they don't like, even if it's for the best, so you need a force to shut them down. It's just that their method makes them look like bad guys.
Old 2008-10-10, 12:03   Link #1069
lubczyk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dream_Traveller View Post
So...okay...Saji gets it on with Nena, who has also never met Saji in her life, and thinks that getting down and dirty will somehow solve the revenge issue.

'Kay.

Well, she did kiss Setsuna on first sight. Plus, she's nuts. There are lots of times in anime where a total loser is kissed by a girl the first time they met.

Plus, the revenge issue was glossed over pretty quickly in SEED between Kira and Fllay, Kira and Athrun.

Same with 08th MS team. They may be bitter enemies, but they love each other, so everything else doesn't matter!!!

Plus, we need to get our character Saji something to do other than be a passive observer. We can't have him have the same status as Marina for the rest of the series. Sunrise has to have something for Saji planned. He's like in every episode. Shoot, I think that he might be even more central to the story than Setsuna.

Additionally, Saji would be a good catalyst to bring Nena and Louise together and fight each other. Either that, or Saji will tell Louise about Nena and then those two gals will hit it off.
Old 2008-10-10, 13:18   Link #1070
Tyrone Biggums
Crack Head

Where the hell did all this Saji/Nena crap start from?

She ruined his life. Utterly and thouroughly. Left nothing for him except his sister...

Who was later murdered.

If anything..Setsuna/Feldt/Nena...

Boom.
Old 2008-10-10, 13:39   Link #1071
faiz blaster

Brilliant! I am not the only one who thinks that Sunrise will come up with Saji/Nena relationship to spice up the inevitable Louise/Nena conflict. Then again 00 was never a show that paid much attention to romance so...

Spoiler for Other predictions of mine::
faiz blaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-10, 13:55   Link #1072
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by faiz blaster View Post
Brilliant! I am not the only one who thinks that Sunrise will come up with Saji/Nena relationship to spice up the inevitable Louise/Nena conflict. Then again 00 was never a show that paid much attention to romance so...

Spoiler for Response:
Old 2008-10-10, 13:57   Link #1073
AnymX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrone Biggums View Post
Where the hell did all this Saji/Nena crap start from?

She ruined his life. Utterly and thouroughly. Left nothing for him except his sister...

Who was later murdered.

If anything..Setsuna/Feldt/Nena...

Boom.
I agree with you completely all this Nena/Saji crap are ridiculous.
I think that it's all started from SaintessHeart Fan fictions.
Old 2008-10-10, 14:11   Link #1074
Kelrys
Same old same

I agree that Kinue's death should be clarify.
Old 2008-10-10, 14:13   Link #1075
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Quote:
Originally Posted by jafri View Post
[FONT="Lucida Console"]Why are you guys really hate Saji so much? To me I'd really like saji because of his Naive character (yeah like me i mean he's no longer become the normal person like the first season) and i want see to seek revenge of someones that he loved just like Shinn Asuka instead of just CB or He's gonna be like Kagami Arata in Kamen rider Kabuto!
I cant wait till Saji proves to all the haters that he is an integral part of the overall story and THEME of Gundam 00 universe. It seems unless your a bad guy, a mobile suit pilot or a hot chick people tend to hate. One of the main underlining themes of Gundam 00 has been people normal and military in other words humans in general. His time will come i think he show us that even with all the tragic things that have happened in his life he can actually stand for something. Right now Saji doesnt stand for anything in the end he will chose his path and walk it like we all have to do.

The first season was to show him how terrible the world can be and the world is not black and white. It was nesscary to get rid of his naiveté's and allow him to grow. This season will be about a choice you get sit on the sidelines and blame everyone for your misfortune or you can take a stand pick a side and fight for it weather others believe you are wrong you will fight for what you believe. The funny thing is CB is exactly where Saji belongs if you think how his mind works. Being CB could be the best thing that has happen to him it will force him to grow up. At least thats what i think.

As for Louise well thats another story but i think things will get worse for her before they get better. I still dont think in the end she will die i know she has death flags waving clear and blue but i have a feeling they wont kill her off.
Old 2008-10-10, 14:21   Link #1076
lubczyk

Quote:

Brilliant minds think alike. We think outside the box!!! The line between love and hate are paper thin. It would be a beautiful romance. I've always hated how Gundam, in many ways, always got rid of all the flawed and fallen and sickly characters leaving only the pure and healthy ones to survive.

Can't a mental case like Nena along with the druggie Louise live happily ever after? Do only the perfect princess and princesses live happily ever after?

It's like End of Evangalion - Shinji and Asuka are the only ones to survive.

Nina X Shaji would prove that love can overcome hate and that enemies can become friends out of mutual respect instead of being forced into peace through force by either Celestial Being or the A-Laws.

It would prove that Peace through Power is a false ideology. I mean, it really bugged be that Gundam SEED and Destiny basically advocated this. Kira and the Archangel basically beat everyone into submission until they were forced into peace with one another.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnymX View Post
I agree with you completely all this Nena/Saji crap are ridiculous.
I think that it's all started from SaintessHeart Fan fictions.

Got a link?
Old 2008-10-10, 14:24   Link #1077
Kelrys
Same old same

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinestra View Post
I cant wait till Saji proves to all the haters that he is an integral part of the overall story and THEME of Gundam 00 universe. It seems unless your a bad guy, a mobile suit pilot or a hot chick people tend to hate. One of the main underlining themes of Gundam 00 has been people normal and military in other words humans in general. His time will come i think he show us that even with all the tragic things that have happened in his life he can actually stand for something. Right now Saji doesnt stand for anything in the end he will chose his path and walk it like we all have to do..
Characters like Saji are important and neccesary in a war-conflict anime like Gundam. Think of CE without characters like Saji, that would not be as good.
Old 2008-10-10, 14:40   Link #1078
faiz blaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
Spoiler for Response:
Sorry maybe I wasn't clear. My idea is that from now on Wang will be actively working towards her objectives (whatever they might be), going as far as stepping on the Celestial Being and Innovators to achieve her goals. And if episode 25 of last season and this season's opening are any hint, Nena is now her underling.
faiz blaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-10, 15:15   Link #1079
AnymX

Quote:
Originally Posted by lubczyk View Post
Got a link?
It's all started in News thread. Try to go about 20 pages back. I think you can find it there. It was many of His/her posts associated with Nena and Saji
Old 2008-10-10, 15:48   Link #1080
JMvS
Rawrrr!

Quote:
Sorry maybe I wasn't clear. My idea is that from now on Wang will be actively working towards her objectives (whatever they might be), going as far as stepping on the Celestial Being and Innovators to achieve her goals. And if episode 25 of last season and this season's opening are any hint, Nena is now her underling.
Wang as the Endboss...that could be interesting