AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Old 2011-01-26, 12:00   Link #841
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Originally Posted by MihawkXGP View Post
Difference is, Rayleigh used haki to hurt Kizaru. WB merely swung his bisento at the final second to stop him gettin to Luffy. If he had used Haki, he'd have cut him in half, no problem.
You do know that Haki translates into ambition/spirit/willpower (just to name a few), right? This means that whenever two people fight, their Haki is clashing. What happened here was that Kizaru's Haki was potent enough to withstand/nullify Whitebeard's Haki. That's why he came out unscathed from the bisento swing.

Quote:
WB has a special ability. EQ are shockwaves..shockwaves can travel through anything... especially solids and liquids...as is the case with Ao Kiji and Akainu. He smashed Akainu point blank with that punch...it complete distorted his entire body and damaged him. His 2nd attack he never physically connected with him - yet that attack split Marine HQ in half and took Akainu out.
Like I said already, Haki is the only way to oppose logia users. Blackbeard is the only exception to this. Reread Chapter 597.

Quote:
He couldn't use it. He tried but couldn't.
King's Haki, that is. His deteriorating health was really taking its toll on him.
Old 2011-01-26, 12:01   Link #842
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy

Quote:
Akainu was persuing them. If he didn't fall for the taunts - there was always good old plan b which is just to use brute magma power and obliterate everything in his path. Its not like any of the pirates actually hvae the power to stop him without gettin incinterated except maybe Marco...and Joz if he wasn't frozen
And the moment Akainu started pursuing them Whitebeard himself probably would have stepped in to buy them enough time.
Old 2011-01-26, 12:04   Link #843
Kallen4life

Quote:
No part of WB made physical contact with Akainu at all. It was his DF.
his quake/haki-infused fist made painful contact with Akainu at least twice ?

Quote:
There is no evidence that he used haki at all.
he was able to harm a logia and he is a known (& powerful) haki user

Quote:
What happened here was that Kizaru's Haki was potent enough to withstand/nullify Whitebeard's Haki. That's why he came out unscathed from the bisento swing.
this I find hard to believe as well .. no way a permanently high 'junkie' like Kizaru (xD) can nullify WB's haki

his shtick is speed, he dodged it

OR it really wasn't haki-infused, because WB was only aiming to distract Kizaru from Luffy
We are Blackwatch
We are the last line of defense
We will burn our own to hold the red line, it is the last line to ever hold
Kallen4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-29, 22:40   Link #844
Blackbeard D. Kuma

What an amazing episode. Quite possibly my favorite. Whitebeard has finally met his demise, but he went out in a glorious fashion. The soundtrack at the very end where he dies while triumphantly standing was absolutely spectacular. Nothing short of beautiful .

Here is the preview for the next episode: http://www.fujitv.co.jp/GPplayer/e/G...piece&type=flv
Old 2011-01-29, 22:43   Link #845
Aesthetic Shampoo

From now on, there are three ways to die; the right way, the wrong way, and the Edward Newgate way.
Aesthetic Shampoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-29, 23:21   Link #846
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy

That... was... EPIC.

Probably an even better episode than the last one, and that's saying something. It completely blew any expectations I had out of the water. It was good to hear music we haven't heard in a while, and I loved the way they choreographed the Whitebeard vs. Blackbeard fight. The giant supporting the world has fallen, and the titanic aftershocks have only just begun.

And for all you anime-only guys out there, the next episode will really shake things up.
Old 2011-01-29, 23:24   Link #847
SilverSyko
Okuyasu the Bird

So Whitebeard finally succumbs to the icy grip of death.~

This episode really solidified just how villainous Blackbeard's gonna be in the future.~

We also get a hint on what the One Piece is and that it might have a connection to the Will of D.~

Fantastic episode, and a great way for them to wrap up the arc's climax.

Also, I just noticed how much "kazoku" (family) and "kaizoku" (pirate) are similar. There's only a 1 letter difference. That's pretty cool.~
Old 2011-01-29, 23:34   Link #848
Shiryuu
Magical Boy

Aww no cliffhanger ending.
Shiryuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-29, 23:36   Link #849
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiryuu View Post
Aww no cliffhanger ending.
Are you saying you're not satisfied by the epic-ness that was that ending?
Old 2011-01-30, 00:32   Link #850
Mr. E

Aw man, that was perfect. Blackbeard's crew attacking Whitebeard was gruesome, and there was something disgusting in Blackbeard's voice as he screamed desperately for his crew to kill WB. Excellent voice work!

The music was awesome, the stylism during the attack on WB was awesome, the flashbacks were awesome, it was all just awesome.

And watching the preview for the next episode, how the heck is Akainu going to be back running around already? He looked like he got pretty obliterated and should have fallen into the ocean. And what is Blackbeard up to? Doesn't he already have everything he wants? I would think him sticking around would be nothing but bad, seeing as both sides of the war want him eliminated.
Mr. E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-30, 00:37   Link #851
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. E View Post
And watching the preview for the next episode, how the heck is Akainu going to be back running around already? He looked like he got pretty obliterated and should have fallen into the ocean. And what is Blackbeard up to? Doesn't he already have everything he wants? I would think him sticking around would be nothing but bad, seeing as both sides of the war want him eliminated.
Just be patient. All your questions will be answered next week.
Old 2011-01-30, 01:00   Link #852
Rainbowman

All and all, what does everyone think of Blackbeard's newest members?
Rainbowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-30, 01:03   Link #853
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainbowman View Post
They seem to be blatantly obvious Shadow Archetypes of the Straw Hats. Right now it seems to be shaping up like:

Blackbeard = Luffy
Shiliew = Zoro
Catarina = Nami
Old 2011-01-30, 01:12   Link #854
Aesthetic Shampoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainbowman View Post
Only thing i can say right now is that i love their voices. Especially that giant and the drunk.
Aesthetic Shampoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-30, 01:48   Link #855
Vampire
Birth by Moonlight

Send a message via MSN to Vampire
Daamn, that has got to be the best episode after a good party... Everything just flowed through, with his death, fight, violence and the atmosphere was great.
Old 2011-01-30, 07:32   Link #856
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeard D. Kuma View Post
The soundtrack at the very end where he dies while triumphantly standing was absolutely spectacular. Nothing short of beautiful .
So true. One Piece is easily one of the best shows when it comes to music placement, and that was shown why yet again in that scene.

Just gonna echo everyone else here by saying that was one hell of an incredible episode. It's easy to say that was one of the episode i've seen from this adaptation, hands down.
Old 2011-01-30, 08:49   Link #857
MihawkXGP
Master of The Sword

That was amazing. A death truely befitting a legend of Whitebeard's status. A death any warrior would be proud to have.

He made Blackbeard look pathetic.

Now we know, why Whitebeard never became Pirate King. He was never after the title - he didn't care about One Piece. Family was all he wanted.

R.I.P Pops. Gone but never ever forgotten.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroi Hadou View Post
They seem to be blatantly obvious Shadow Archetypes of the Straw Hats. Right now it seems to be shaping up like:

Blackbeard = Luffy
Shiliew = Zoro
Catarina = Nami
The first 2 seem to be a given. However Nami vs Catarina - not likely. These guys are legendary pirates. Nami will never reach that kind of level.

I do wonder if what remains of Whitebeard's crew will ever get revenge against Blackbeard for what he has done. The score has not been settled......
MihawkXGP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-30, 11:08   Link #858
carcanclaw
Kitty?

2 things:

1. This episode really shows why Blackbeard makes a fantastic main villain. Compared to some other shows (Bleach, anyone?) where the antagonist overpowers everyone until the hero defeats him, Blackbeard regularly gets the crap kicked out of him, but still always prevails due to unfair and villainous tactics. Unlike the Aizen-Ichigo scenario, you actually feel like Luffy could beat Blackbeard without some plotkai bull.

2. Whitebeard, with only one arc of real development, has become one of the best characters i the series. The way he lived and died you can really tell that he wasn't just an incredible pirate, but also a wonderful and kind man. While you feel bad for him, you also get the sense that he really led a fulfilling life and, like Roger before his execution, he seems ready to let his great era end and make room for the next generation.

This is definitely one of the best episodes of One Piece of all time. What other series, after nearly 500 episodes, can still pull off scenes with this much impact? Incredible!
carcanclaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-30, 11:16   Link #859
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroi Hadou View Post

And for all you anime-only guys out there, the next episode will really shake things up.
Wow, it gets even better, can't wait now.

wow, following last weeks epicness, i think this was even more epic if that's even possible.

So the reason Luffy and the others made it to marineford was actually thanks to Blackbeard.

If Blackbeard didn't have a gun or his crew he would have totally lost. I like how they portrayed them killing him.

Did WB take apage from Luffy and go gear 2nd? I mean how wa he moving at the end and why was he red and steaming.

What a tease, almost letting us know what the will of D was. So BB also has a D.

Great last words from WB. I like the part about not having a wound on his back.

So next ep looks like they all try to escape and Akainu is back.
Old 2011-01-30, 12:35   Link #860
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Originally Posted by ars89 View Post
Did WB take apage from Luffy and go gear 2nd? I mean how wa he moving at the end and why was he red and steaming.
No. The "gear 2nd effect" was just to portray how furious and unwavering Whitebeard was to punish Blackbeard.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ars89 View Post
So BB also has a D.
We've known that ever since the Jaya arc. His real name is Marshall D. Teach.