AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2010-11-17, 19:37   Link #1781
Fishfood1

strike sure got a decent buff in extreme vs... previously in Next+ and GvG, strike was mediocre at best, as most of the time you stick with Aile strike cause it can fight range and melee, thus used in most situations. however Aile strike is also the weakest of the 3 default packs. with the new pack, at least once awhile it gets some nice new ranged and melee capability.

but then again i was never good with strike.

hopefully strike freedom or epyon also got a buff or so... they were sooooo underwhelming currently in Next+, or at least compare to Nu, turn A, and especially Destiny.

roof>bed
Fishfood1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-17, 22:46   Link #1782
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishfood1 View Post
hopefully strike freedom or epyon also got a buff or so... they were sooooo underwhelming currently in Next+, or at least compare to Nu, turn A, and especially Destiny.
Doesn't look as interesting as a Strike, honestly.

@xytrix: It's fake, and it's kinda old, too.
Old 2010-11-18, 01:54   Link #1783
jonli
JONLIの憂'

Quote:
strike sure got a decent buff in extreme vs... previously in Next+ and GvG, strike was mediocre at best, as most of the time you stick with Aile strike cause it can fight range and melee, thus used in most situations. however Aile strike is also the weakest of the 3 default packs. with the new pack, at least once awhile it gets some nice new ranged and melee capability.

but then again i was never good with strike.

Strike does look freaking awesome to play. But...not to disappoint you or anything, Epyon's not going to be in the game. TV wing units are taken out, so there is no Wing Zero either. However Wing Zero Custom took over Wing Zero's move sets with a combination of its own so I guess it's fine. Epyon is replaced with Tallgeese 3 who is not unlocked yet. Tallgeese 3 is most probably going to be a combination of some range (I doubt they'd use Tallgeese's control scheme again) and Epyon.

Wufei is replaced with Saisaishi, who succeeded most of his movesets. But some Naginata moves are moved over to Char's Gelgoog. We also don't have 00 season 1 units in this game anymore.

They took out a bunch of guys and added a bunch of guys . However we should be happy that they're finally going to add in units from side stories and manga. Crossbone, Red Frame and IWSP. According to rumors a lot of people say Hi-Nu and Blue Destiny will be playable later...I doubt that, but I think they might add the home port along with 00Q.

EDIT: They changed Strike Freedom's move sets so it's back to what he's like in AvZ2, so that's a good change for sure. He's also got more health and seems to have more armor, so no worries with that he's definitely not going to be weaksauce like he was in Next.

Last edited by jonli; 2010-11-18 at 02:07.
jonli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-18, 08:40   Link #1784
Fishfood1

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonli View Post
Strike does look freaking awesome to play. But...not to disappoint you or anything, Epyon's not going to be in the game. TV wing units are taken out, so there is no Wing Zero either. However Wing Zero Custom took over Wing Zero's move sets with a combination of its own so I guess it's fine. Epyon is replaced with Tallgeese 3 who is not unlocked yet. Tallgeese 3 is most probably going to be a combination of some range (I doubt they'd use Tallgeese's control scheme again) and Epyon.

Wufei is replaced with Saisaishi, who succeeded most of his movesets. But some Naginata moves are moved over to Char's Gelgoog. We also don't have 00 season 1 units in this game anymore.

They took out a bunch of guys and added a bunch of guys . However we should be happy that they're finally going to add in units from side stories and manga. Crossbone, Red Frame and IWSP. According to rumors a lot of people say Hi-Nu and Blue Destiny will be playable later...I doubt that, but I think they might add the home port along with 00Q.

EDIT: They changed Strike Freedom's move sets so it's back to what he's like in AvZ2, so that's a good change for sure. He's also got more health and seems to have more armor, so no worries with that he's definitely not going to be weaksauce like he was in Next.
should have gave us boss SF(minus the infinite seed) to play instead of this lame version of SF

it's a weaksauce, but the only thing it can make up to match up to some suits is that huge boost gauge it has, otherwise with the lowest HP of 3K suit, crappy damage output, lame melee priority, and bad assist, it's always a challenge to win with SF. apparently SF actually got several buffs between the arcade and the current PSP version of Next+.

well at least hi-mat is much easier to access now in extreme vs. with that fast deploy and decent tracking, and CSa seems to deploy a lot faster, so it's pretty good buff for sure. still 600hp? man this thing sure got a paper armor for a 3K suit.

the only way i play SF in Next+ is just play coward and just run+shoot, can't risk much damage with just 600 hp with lame melee priority and damage. i'd imagine the same in extreme vs, but at least it got easier-to-access hi-mat to use in addition, so that's good.

also i saw some suits still have assist, did assist turn into some sort of ammo now(for certain suits) with the EX bar?

well since zero custom is still in extreme vs, they'd better gave it a 6 or 8 shot BR. 4 was just awfully small and forces you to play zero custom in melee range most of the time.

other suits that i felt they were a bit weak in Next+(just my opinion):
-GP03, can't do much when your bazooka runs out(the reloading is just way too long IMO), sub weapon is a bit too inaccurate that you can't rely on it when bazooka is reloading. at least it ain't bad for pressuring...

roof>bed
Old 2010-11-18, 11:10   Link #1785
jonli
JONLIの憂'

Quote:
long quote with a long post from me, so I'm gonna shorten yours.
I have to agree with Strike Freedom, in fact I barely used him at all because there just isn't enough benefits and too much risks. The Freedom is a much better suit. You can actually hack your PSP and play as the Boss Freedom, he's pretty strong and has a x5 Issen move that is pretty freaking cool. But I guess it was a bit hard to balance Freedom and Strike Freedom at the same time and avoid making Strike Freedom just Freedom with Dragoons. I think they did the right thing to take out Freedom and just stick with Strike Freedom, as well as the right thing to take out X even though Divider was pretty awesome.

Assists are no longer in the game, instead they're just normal moves (executed with normal button inputs like subweapon attack and submelee attack). Different for each unit. Turn A has Sochie, 00's got Arios and Cherudim's got Seravee. They have nothing to do with Ex Burst moves. Not every units got Ex Burst moves as well, only some specific units can pull it off. 00's got Raiser Sword, Strike Freedom's got Meteor Assisted Full Burst Attack, Double X's got G Falcon Satellite Cannon, Red Frame's got Gebera Straight Slash and Turn A's got Moon Light Butterfly.

Fun Fact 1: Cherudim's got his 1-second Trans-Am counter attack that he used against Revive in the finale of 00 S2. It works as a counter and it's pretty freaking awesome.
Fun Fact 2: Unicorn can access his Green Psychoframe form once he Ex Bursts during NTD Mode.

In the most recent patch for the arcade games Wing Zero Custom got a buff, but I didn't really pay attention to him to see if he's actually a lot better now.

There are quite a few units that I consider quite handicapped in Next Plus. Unicorn is one of them, he's a decent unit and is pretty powerful but he's really not worth 3000 when he's in Unicorn mode. He's only truly formidable when he goes NT-D, but once he does so he's extremely handicapped in range. The transition is obvious and people would know how to take advantage of your weakness when you play against a seasoned player. But it seems like they changed him enough this time, and he looks pretty good.

I thought the Acguy was pretty useless in Next Plus, I never got a hang of him. So is Tallgeese, that guy is just...he's really hard to play as. I can never grasp the element behind his boosting mechanic. He naturally flies up in an angle which messes up my coordination, every boost he does is also a Next Dash boost so it takes away a lot of the bar. His guns charge long and they're hard to hit, once you hit them they don't do much. He's also got a pathetic melee move set...I don't know what they were thinking seriously. Epyon too, although he's a really cool melee unit, and if you're skilled you can pull off the longest coolest comboes ever, but they're never worth it when you're playing against a human opponent. A long combo can always be interrupted and the damage they do are always not worth it. Especially when you have units like Ribbons in the game that can beam spam the shit out of you. If you want to play melee, God, Shinning and Master are far better choices.

That's about all I got from my mind right now.

Anyway, I hope they add in Harry Ord, Blue Frame, Gold Frame, F91 Harrison, Cross Bone 2 or Cross Bone 3...and of course 00Q with another Gundam from CB. It probably won't be Zabanya since we have Cherudim already. I don't think it would be Raphael either since I think it'd be pretty hard to incorporate Seravee II mechanic into the game without it degenerating into something lame like a mere assist attack (and since we already had Virtue)...I think it's finally Allelujah's turn to shine with Harute...I hope.
Old 2010-11-18, 13:19   Link #1786
Fishfood1

i know you could play boss SF via hack on cracked PSP, but mine isn't cracked and i'd rather not break my game, thank you
anyways i'd always thought if they gave us boss SF to play as instead with infinite seed removed, and MCSa changed to regular SF's MSCa, i think SF would been a decent, yet balanced 3K suit. that dragoon-issen looked awesome though, would have loved to use that on a regular SF.

most agree that freedom>SF simply because freedom could deal a lot of damage out in a really quick amount of time. the nbb-2b>4/6bb combo is easy to pull off yet that's some good 230+ damage. there's also the BR>nbbb set which is easy to hit, quick to finish, and easy 200+ damage. strike freedom have barely few moves that can even get over 200 damage yet some of them takes awhile to get there or requires a lot of practice to perfect the timing. also freedom's assist>SF's assist

i do like the reload-able beam magnum for unicorn in unicorn mode though, not to mention the beams are thick, making some good for catching landings, since the beams are thicker, travels slower, thus better tracking. i got hit so many times by unicorn's BR just because of being caught on the landings.

acguy... well used it few time. that gang-up attack via bc is really funny looking though. too bad if your opponent moves up, those all misses despite having decent tracking on the ground.

tallgeese... well i hate the CS... long deploy/set up time with terrible tracking. true the melee blows, but i tend to avoid melee with suits like tallgeese or SF and stick to range. and yes i hate how you fly up a bit with SV on talgeese, when your boost is gone and free falling after ND like 9 times, your opponent just waits below, ready to give you an ass whooping.

epyon's problem for me is, for a pure melee suit, the boost is sorta low. i mean you have to squeeze out every bit of boost, yet it doesn't have the best boost for a melee suit with zero range capability. then there is the super-long-to-finish melee. the cut-resistance of epyon is just terrible.

i think the 2K wing melee suits(nataku and deathscythe hell) are better choice for melee suits in Next+ than the other melee suits. the 6b melee for deathscythe hell have a huge hitbox and the buster shield is still pretty tracking, and nataku's 4/6b also has a large hitbox with tracking dragon claws. not to mention both have good tracking mid-ranged attack. i hate G-gundam melee suits cause of the ground-boost mechanics.

but then again im not good with most melee suits besides nataku and exia.

roof>bed
Old 2010-11-18, 13:51   Link #1787
jonli
JONLIの憂'

Yea I would agree that Nataku and Deathscythe or Exia would be the way to go if you're a melee kinda guy...but if Shinning Gundam is a really formidable 2000 unit. If you can manage to get close his super mode Shinning Finger Sword is just...too strong. In a game like Next Plus, range is too important to miss out, you're going to be handicapped without some guns up your sleeves so melee ranged units really do have it bad...I usually go for something more balanced myself.

I know that Exia's role has been basically replaced by Susanowo. They got similar moves (he's also got some of Epyon's moves) and Trans-am with a few range shots like Exia.

I basically mained F91 for 2000, Duel for 1000 and I guess Reborns for 3000. I didn't really mained Reborns because I wanted to, I just did because my friend always used God Gundam and I just beam spammed him before he could touch me...and since we played a lot Reborns was the unit I used the most for 3000.

Can't wait to use some Crossbone in ExtremeVS.
Old 2010-11-18, 16:19   Link #1788
Fishfood1

yeah range is definitely needed in NEXT+ mode, i mean good luck with epyon during those nuke missile missions.

none of my friends have this game, so i'm just stuck with 50% cost newtype AI... and they still sucks!

somehow i always preferred the 3k suits over 2k or 1k. thus i mained Destiny(this thing is OP!), V2, Wing Zero, and GX/Divider X. 2k suits i do uses more than others are: hyaku shiki(eat mega bazooka cannon melee suits!), impulse(gotta love the 10 shot pseudo reloading BR), nataku. as for 1k suits, the only ones that i have good experience with are Duel AS and victory.

other suits i found to be good for me:
3K: Nu, DX, freedom, 00-raiser, strike freedom(only after fig out the only way to play this suit)
2K: F-91, Akatsuki(Oowashi mode only), GP01(FB only, duh!), exia, ZZ
1K: Ground type gundam

i guess i'm more of a range-oriented guy

Quote:
I didn't really mained Reborns because I wanted to, I just did because my friend always used God Gundam and I just beam spammed him before he could touch me...and since we played a lot Reborns was the unit I used the most for 3000.
wouldn't the zeta gundams(zeta, MkII) do better since they all have virtually infinite ammo with those reloads?

i guess it's ur friend's fault for keep using god. should try more balanced suits.

he/she should use Destiny... that suit has no significant weakness besides a low melee priority and a long sword-rifle animation(and vice versa)

roof>bed
Old 2010-11-18, 22:19   Link #1789
jonli
JONLIの憂'

^Reborns Gundam's guns were a lot more menacing and threatening. When I go cannon mode I could literally spam the beams and he wouldn't be able to get close, while with Zeta he can probably get a chance to get in range for melee. Since God's melee is so strong it be risky.

Yea he was adamant about using God because he was a fan of G Gundam. I used quite a bit of 00 too, he was a pretty good suit. I just didn't really like how he played because he was quite different from what he was portrayed in the show. He felt more like a very powerful ranged suit instead of a melee based power house. He had so many different guns for so many different situations, he's got a pretty good melee combo, and you can switch to GN sword 3 with 2b and continue with the attack with nbbb/4/6bbb. I don't know how I feel about the change they're doing with him in Extreme. I just hope 00Q ends up being in it or I might just end up maining Unicorn or Crossbone.
Old 2010-11-18, 23:16   Link #1790
Fishfood1

technically he could just pressure you enough that you make a mistake in cannon mode. since cannon mode drains boost slowly, you're bound to land eventually. and then he could give you a whooping as long as he's withing melee range while waiting for your boost to go down.

but who the heck wait in this game! if i was a melee player i wouldn't just park outside and wait for you to land! this is why i couldn't stand some games on AvZp/AvZII, cause it ends up being a waiting game for who to make the first mistake

but zeta can pull natural BRx3 without using ND, while it also have 2 other ranged weapon that simply have fast reloading as well, making it one difficult suit to approach. your friend should pressure you instead of charging head on. if he false 4/6b on you, your probably gonna end up ND-ing or waste some shots. i remember how i love to do these false-attack on the AI(sometime doing it 2x since AI can sometime respond correctly)

also your friend could use that trick that refuel the boost gauge(as long as it's a suit capable of ground boost). i think the trick is:
1. remaining boost is low
2. use a low delay attack such as assist
3. dash to squeeze out the last remaining boost
4. at the end of the dash, its boost gauge should be refilled.

tried this with divider X and it indeed works. but i aint gonna apply this for awhile

i don't like reborn because you'd have to rely on cannon mode a lot and since it drains boost slowly, you're bound to face boost issue eventually. it's why i also hate to play providence and gundam MK-II(super gundam mode), since all of them uses this "hover" mode and drain boost slowly. not to mention you get out of this mode if you ND, thus wasting time again to deploy into these "hover" modes and leave you vulnerable as you change back and forth.

if i want my spam-tastic suit on a melee, i'd go stick with impulse with that pseudo reload and 10 shot BR. not to mention it's a 2K suit, so it's less risky. wing zero with it's CS(rolling buster rifle) is also good on God if he's within the edge of red-lock. last time i remembered using God(got owned by psycho gundam on NEXT+ mode), it doesn't have a shield so it's gonna be hard to avoid wing zero's CS. and abuse the wing zero bug!!!

roof>bed
Old 2010-11-19, 06:39   Link #1791
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

Spoiler for scan:
RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-19, 14:13   Link #1792
Turn A

Omg Heavyarms is just made of win
Old 2010-11-21, 07:57   Link #1793
Thousand Mistress
Glory to the Wind!

Send a message via Yahoo to Thousand Mistress
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turn A View Post
Omg Heavyarms is just made of win
Using Heavyarms was quite the fun. xDD Infinite missiles is just EPIC. XD
But still, I don't want to leave Wing Zero Custom behind, and it's rifle is just amazing.
Old 2010-11-23, 08:38   Link #1794
solidvanz
Special Operative

Old 2010-11-23, 09:35   Link #1795
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど

http://www.famitsu.com/news/201011/23036095.html

Typical Bandai Namco. We have to pay to play as the Kshatriya and Susanowo sometime after January.
MakubeX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-23, 12:21   Link #1796
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

Gundam Heavy Arms in Dynasty Warriors Gundam 3?

How is that gonna work?
GN0010 Nosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-23, 12:23   Link #1797
jonli
JONLIの憂'

Quote:
Originally Posted by MakubeX2 View Post
http://www.famitsu.com/news/201011/23036095.html

Typical Bandai Namco. We have to pay to play as the Kshatriya and Susanowo sometime after January.
Do you think they'll do that with EXVS?
Old 2010-11-23, 16:41   Link #1798
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonli View Post
Do you think they'll do that with EXVS?
Why not ? They have been known to put the most minor of things as costly DLCs.

In any case, it's just a headsup for those thinking of getting Musou 3.
MakubeX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-24, 03:18   Link #1799
fizzmaister
The Tall One

Quote:
Originally Posted by GN0010 Nosferatu View Post
Gundam Heavy Arms in Dynasty Warriors Gundam 3?

How is that gonna work?
Like this
Old 2010-11-24, 03:33   Link #1800
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

If they say so. :/
GN0010 Nosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote