Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2012-06-14, 23:29   Link #1261
Hell_ping
一刀繚乱

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dilla View Post
You wanna know somebody who hasn't been mentioned but is making a great contribution?

Shane Battier.
Sure was. 4 straight 3s or something, I remember? Bad calls made everywhere, but that's kinda par for the playoffs, and the refs normally don't call defensive fouls in the last moments of the 4th quarter.

But Miami should have buried this early. 20-2 run at the start of the match? Really...
Hell_ping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-14, 23:33   Link #1262
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

I watch so many NBA games and somehow I still get surprise of how some teams blow the lead. Shane Battier did pretty well, step up when they needed him.
ReaperxKingx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-14, 23:34   Link #1263
hero147

Miami's dominant but they don't have a closer to finish their games.
hero147 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-15, 06:28   Link #1264
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Well...in the SA-OKC series, OKC ruptured major deficits early and clawed them back. They had the energy to. Versus Miami, that's not a habit they want to get into. Miami usually start poorly, so seeing them get big leads early in Games 1 and 2 is a fair shock. Seeing OKC storm back in both - not a shock at all. As good as KD is in 4th quarters, they should stop getting into holes like that. I thought they'd have learned about i from the Dallas series last year.

Miami have always needed a perimeter threat. Miller was supposed to be it but he might be finished. Chalmers sometimes is, sometimes isn't. Battier is the one at the moment and also reliable defense. Seriously, who was guarding him on OKC? He had some way open shots from 3 and that's something Miami usually struggle to engineer. Big difference it makes when Miami can have that.

Wade got to the level he needs to - nice. Bosh outrebounded Ibaka and Perkins combined?! Even better! James and Durant both get 32 - very impressed that Durant avoided fouling out after hitting his 5th with 10 minutes left. Westbrook big again, Harden delivers. It was a game worthy of the Finals. As for the 'foul' on KD by James at the end...hmm...the live coverage angle made me think it was but watching the slow-motion replay from the baseline, James's arm is out but not really shoving. Durant leapt into it, but it wasn't a chop/shove on James's part - more of a continual presence. So there's contact but I think it would have been a soft foul. I question why Ibaka was nowhere near for the rebound considering Bosh was and Perkins was on the other side of the rim. 2 Miami rebounders versus Westbrook when you're shooting to tie? That could have been an easy mop if OKC were in position.

It was said Miami had to win this one. They did. Kudos to them. As much as I like OKC, a part of me resents how they got a good lineup that needed a little time after the demise of Seattle. And they will have other chances. Miami got gifted avoiding Chicago because of the Rose injury - they might not be that lucky again. And Wade's body is beginning to show a lot of wear and tear. This might be the best chance they'll have for a fair while. But most of all, I'd like to see Miami win this for 3 reasons:

1. Aside from how 'The Decision' was handled, I think this James hate is overkill. He lives fairly clean and he hasn't done the stupid off-court stuff or 'I must be #1' rants Bryant has. James is an easy hate target. I'd love to see him finally be able to laugh back at everyone who trashed him year in, year out.

2. Bosh seems to get somewhat forgotten. Despite the claims he's sometimes soft, he's been an All-Star both years at Miami and last year, he was an absolute beast against Boston and Chicago in the playoffs. He took longer to adjust to his new role. As much as he gets ranked the 3rd Heatle or whatever, the simple fact is without Bosh firing, Miami can't be champs. The Boston series going to 7 this year due to his injury is more than enough to show how important he is. I'd like to think more people might respect his role if the ring comes this time. At least Toronto fans had enough class to understand why Bosh left and not hate on him for it.

3. Perhaps the most important fact - I started watching basketball again because of Miami. It's hard to hear about or get access to this side of the world because coverage died down after Jordan's reign and it didn't pick up under Bryant. But ever since Miami made their big play, coverage and talk has finally returned. Without Miami having the Big 3, would there be as much buzz or whatever about the game lately? Regardless of how one feels about Miami, it's impossible to deny they're good for the branding of the game.
Old 2012-06-15, 07:23   Link #1265
Hell_ping
一刀繚乱

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Sinner View Post
Well...in the SA-OKC series, OKC ruptured major deficits early and clawed them back. They had the energy to. Versus Miami, that's not a habit they want to get into. Miami usually start poorly, so seeing them get big leads early in Games 1 and 2 is a fair shock. Seeing OKC storm back in both - not a shock at all. As good as KD is in 4th quarters, they should stop getting into holes like that. I thought they'd have learned about i from the Dallas series last year.
Not a surprise. They did the same to the Lakers and the Mavericks as well. That's why I mentioned that hustle's one of the strengths of the team. But when the team losing an 18 point gap is the Lebron James-led Miami Heat, there really is a problem. Certainly learned from the meltdown against Dallas last year.

Quote:
Miami have always needed a perimeter threat.
Inconsistency is what I say because almost everyone on the team defer to the 3.

Quote:
Wade got to the level he needs to - nice. Bosh outrebounded Ibaka and Perkins combined?! Even better!
Showed up this time for sure.

Quote:
Aside from how 'The Decision' was handled, I think this James hate is overkill. He lives fairly clean and he hasn't done the stupid off-court stuff or 'I must be #1' rants Bryant has. James is an easy hate target. I'd love to see him finally be able to laugh back at everyone who trashed him year in, year out.
For the James' hate, I think it's more of how they said they were going to win 6-8 championships when he arrived in Miami as the driving reason (though 'The Decision' certainly didn't help much). I wouldn't call Bryant's 'I must be # 1' as ranting as much as being ambitious, but even if Kobe's my favorite player, I do feel that he really should learn to be ambitious yet quiet like KD (I say that since both of them love to work on their game, just that Kobe's more outspoken, and him being in LA...). When all's said and done, James will definitely be amongst the top 20 players in the game, but after the Jordan era, it's more of the internet era where people got bolder behind the computers to comment on stuff and don't feel accountable for their statements.

Quote:
2. Bosh seems to get somewhat forgotten. Despite the claims he's sometimes soft, he's been an All-Star both years at Miami and last year, he was an absolute beast against Boston and Chicago in the playoffs. He took longer to adjust to his new role. As much as he gets ranked the 3rd Heatle or whatever, the simple fact is without Bosh firing, Miami can't be champs. The Boston series going to 7 this year due to his injury is more than enough to show how important he is. I'd like to think more people might respect his role if the ring comes this time. At least Toronto fans had enough class to understand why Bosh left and not hate on him for it.
The Toronto and Cleveland managements are really bad, seriously. And Bosh's impact on the Heat should not be underestimated. If you count the 9 games he was out for the Heat, the Heat went 4-5. The reason being how big of a threat he is at the low post and how he forces post defenders to come out more with his mid ranged game.

Quote:
3. Perhaps the most important fact - I started watching basketball again because of Miami. It's hard to hear about or get access to this side of the world because coverage died down after Jordan's reign and it didn't pick up under Bryant. But ever since Miami made their big play, coverage and talk has finally returned. Without Miami having the Big 3, would there be as much buzz or whatever about the game lately? Regardless of how one feels about Miami, it's impossible to deny they're good for the branding of the game.
Let's face it, the media giants (and most of the urban population in the US) are all in the East (LA focuses more on shows). Of course there wouldn't be as much coverage of the NBA when the West was dominating after the Jordan years (East won in 04, 06 and 08, but before then, the biggest stars were Iverson, Miller, VC and TMac compared to the West's stars of Shaq, Kobe, Duncan, Robinson, Dirk, Webber, Bibby who was good back then, Divac, Pippen, ), and especially when the biggest star back then (04-08), Kobe was still under the effects of the rape allegations (when you're a celebrity or just about anyone, you're definitely going to be convicted by at least some parts of the public). When James made that decision to go to the Heat, it was like (should I include the 'like' here?) assembling a super-team that some even thought could beat the 72-10 record. I don't hate the Heat for using free agency to win, and I don't hate the Thunder for building from ground up to win, but if I have to say why I feel this finals has the biggest pops, it's because it has two of the biggest stars (and most important players to their teams) in the game are facing off in the same series (in the same position too).
Old 2012-06-16, 15:10   Link #1266
Elo the Blue
Mama there goes that man!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hero147 View Post
Miami's dominant but they don't have a closer to finish their games.
You must have missed quite a few of their games.
Old 2012-06-17, 12:13   Link #1267
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky black swordman View Post
But I will agree the refs made many bad calls .They need to study the rule book.
Yeah I agree... that was a charge on KD but because he's a superstar and had 5 fouls it was called a block.. wonder who was more pissed about that call, Battier or Westbrook.

Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-17, 23:07   Link #1268
Hell_ping
一刀繚乱

So, the heat won. Any thoughts? (Or complains of lack of closers on the Heat?)
Old 2012-06-18, 02:21   Link #1269
judasmartel
*Author

Miami Heat's Great Escape Part Two. And LeBron's getting there on the clutch, but then again, he's notorious for low stats in the 4th quarter. But I say he has outplayed KD in the 4th this time around.

Once LBJ gains the "killer instinct" to drop high stats consistently, not just in the first half; and to close out games MORE CONSISTENTLY in the 4th quarter, he will definitely have multiple championship rings on his finger.

Rumour: Phil Jackson may return.

I heard somebody say the Heat are interested in him.
judasmartel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-18, 06:09   Link #1270
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Well...this definitely went against the trend.

As in who stepped up and who lowered their colours.

Durant lowered his colours tonight. Some of his fouls are just pointless. He has got to step getting in foul trouble so early if OKC are going to win. And Westbrook needs to perform more outside of transition. Perkins lifted and matched Bosh. Lebron was his usual best and Wade kept up with him. It was a very weird game in that only the Durant/Westbrook and James/Wade combos made significant scoring contributions. There wasn't anyone else who got more than 10 points. Harden gave away some stupid fouls - why on earth they fouled so many 3s/deep jump shots tonight was rather confusing. Their inexperience at the final stage is showing somewhat. Silly fouls across the board cost them tonight and 10 point differential for the L/W combo vs the D/W combo means someone else had to lift for OKC and didn't.

This is what I wanted to see from Miami. Their defense is quite resilient and in the clutch they are holding their nerve better. Continue that aggression in the paint and denying OKC transition and it's theirs.
Old 2012-06-18, 10:55   Link #1271
j0x
Giga Drill Breaker

well Wade scored 25 points on game 3 but his field goal percentage is still pathetic his not the usual Dwayne Wade that is dominant!!! is Wade injured or something?

im not sure Miami will win the championship this year if Wade continues to perform poorly
j0x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-18, 11:00   Link #1272
Westlo
Lets be reality

He has been getting his knee drained throughout the finals.... if the Wade of last years finals was teamed up with the Lebron of this years finals... would've swept OKC.... It's pretty damn sad that I'm more nervous about Wade bring the ball up under pressure than Chalmers at the moment... that would've been inconceivable 3 years ago...
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-18, 11:04   Link #1273
j0x
Giga Drill Breaker

ye even Sefolosha can steal the ball from Wade now a days wtf is wrong with Wade
j0x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-19, 12:04   Link #1274
Elo the Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by j0x View Post
ye even Sefolosha can steal the ball from Wade now a days wtf is wrong with Wade
Even? Sefolosha is one of the better perimeter defenders in the game. He's 6-7 with a great wingspan.

Wade is simply getting older. He's accumulated much more wear and tear over the years than the average SG. He turned 30 this year and has played a ton of minutes when he's been healthy enough to for nine seasons.
Old 2012-06-19, 23:00   Link #1275
Dilla
'Sup Ballers

Wade, with his constant knee injuries and being on the other side of 30, is probably on his last legs as a "superstar" player.

Miami can close it out at home Thursday.
Dilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-19, 23:08   Link #1276
Elo the Blue

Crazy game. Westbrook was amazing. Huge "winning plays" by Battier and Wade. I thought LeBron was going to have his Paul Pierce moment after his last three-pointer but I guess the cramps were to severe. And what a game by Chalmers. Even with the shooting slump, he's really growing up this series.
Old 2012-06-19, 23:15   Link #1277
Kyuu
=^^=

Sigh. Lebron getting a ring seems inevitable now, huh?
Kyuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-19, 23:15   Link #1278
Dilla
'Sup Ballers

Westbrook played great, but that foul at the end was Chris Webber-esque.

Man, the Thunder had Heat numbers (71 points from two players, 27 from everyone else).
Dilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-20, 03:46   Link #1279
sky black swordman

Wade was faking his back "injury" when he saw that the Thunder pace was picking up .

And L James IMO just acting to make it look like he was playing "injured".

You think doing something like that will make as great as The King Michael Jordan.
Old 2012-06-20, 04:01   Link #1280
Kyuu
=^^=

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky black swordman View Post
Wade was faking his back "injury" when he saw that the Thunder pace was picking up .

And L James IMO just acting to make it look like he was playing "injured".

You think doing something like that will make as great as The King Michael Jordan.
The Heat = Basketball equivalent to soccer divers.

I'm just glad Stern is gonna clamp down on this crap.
Kyuu is offline   Reply With Quote