AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Love Live!

Notices

View Poll Results: Love Live! Sunshine!! Second Season - Episode 3 Rating
Perfect 10 1 14.29%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 1 14.29%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 3 42.86%
7 out of 10 : Good 2 28.57%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 7. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2017-10-20, 18:58   Link #1
Kairin
AnimeSuki's Mascot

Love Live! Sunshine!! Second Season - Episode 3 Discussion / Poll

Welcome to the discussion thread for Love Live! Sunshine!! Second Season, Episode 3.

Thread Guidelines
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Spoilers or hints about future events must not be posted in this thread.
    If you need to reference something that would spoil a future event, reply directly with a private message, or seek out a more appropriate thread.
  • Discuss your expectations of the episode if it has not aired yet.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on-topic.
  • Character bashing is not on-topic and will not be tolerated.
  • Do not post multiple times in a row. Please edit your existing post if you wish to add additional thoughts.
Episode Thread Spoiler Policy
  • Any comment that discloses events, characters, plot or other information before it is revealed in the anime is expressly forbidden whether or not it is behind spoiler tags.
    Spoiler tags should still be used where appropriate.
    Please consult the AnimeSuki Spoiler Policy for more information.
  • Adding a Spoiler tag:
    Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found
    on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms.
    Make sure that you include a useful title!
  • Please use the Report button if you see any inappropriate spoilers:
    Click the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar.
    Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators
    locate and deal with problems quickly.
  • Posting inappropriate spoilers may result in a ban.
    Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly.
    The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.
Kairin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-10-21, 11:40   Link #2
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

Love Live, you did it again.

The new song and performance are amazing. I love it when I instantly click to a new song. The choreography and cinematography are real fun, and Ruby DID A FANTASTIC JOB with the outfits. I LOOOVE them. Dia looked especially pretty in hers. Wow!

The surprise here was at the end with a re-purposed Kimi No Kokoro Wa Kagayaiteru Kai? performance. The best difference between the TV version and the full version was that at the very end of the performance where you see the girls come in on the screen one by one. In the TV version, they reversed it. So it's like seeing the original scene byt rewinded. I love little changes like that.

Also, Mari's "Woops" when she stepped on the map had he killed and revived. So funny.
blakstealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-10-21, 13:45   Link #3
AP24

It just few days ago we got news that Kimi No Kokoro Wa Kagayaiteru Kai? would be in the second season. Didn't think it would happen this fast.
AP24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-10-21, 22:29   Link #4
Requiem-x
The slacking one

"Not even Yoshiko's ideas are this crazy"

That's why Chika is the leader!

Yet another fun and even inspiring episode for Aqours, from the always welcome Yoshiko bullying to Chika pulling through by insanity, hope and the courage to try, and that speech near the end was great too.

Of course, I also have to bring up that sweet moment between Dia and Ruby, and yes, that full shot of Dia was quite lovely.

Speaking of, Dia episode next week! Yes! I was fearing she'd never get one, and judging by the title, it looks she's following Eri's steps allright.
Requiem-x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-10-22, 11:48   Link #5
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

That was a fun episode, but this show isn't clicking with me the same way the original did. I'm not sure why, maybe because it's so similar to the original? I still like it and I've said as much when the show returned, but I'd definitely rank Sunshine way below the original.
Old 2017-10-25, 10:40   Link #6
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

blakstealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-10-26, 06:54   Link #7
Liddo-kun
is this so?

Watched episode 3:

Enjoyable episode. Yohane can grappl e with two persons at once... I notice that Zura likes to tease her.

And surprised by their choice of costume for the contest.. first time I've seen those. Really cute.
Liddo-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-10-26, 18:48   Link #8
grecefar

seriously yohane it's so funny lol.

btw I'm pretty sure that I've heard that song somewhere before. (the one they sang in the love live.)
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-10-31, 12:32   Link #9
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Just looking at the bright side this episode did a lot of good things. The drama was solid with the group struggling between two impossible choices. They really worked through their options and tried their best to find the optimal result.

And there were some really cute moments like with Dia and Ruby. And can look at the end result of this whole thing as pretty much a win for optimism. Performances were enjoyable too.

But....there are some issues. For one, if Chika had that plan....why did they still split up!? Clearly from the reactions they didn't expect to have the full group at the Love Live qualifiers since the group that showed up later didn't expect to be running back to the school. So at best Chika's plan would have given them half a team at the Love Live qualifier and then the full group at the school. Which would have left them understandably pissed at her for not telling them anything if they fell short at the competitive aspect.

Yeah it all works well for dramatic effect for the viewers. First we think they decided to follow their personal goals as school idols even if it means risking things for the school. But then they get the best of both worlds. But it makes the decisions of everyone look pretty dumb.

Strong episode though.
Old 2017-11-01, 19:28   Link #10
Eisdrache
Part-time misanthrope

[FFF]inally was able to watch this episode... I have so many questions. How the hell did they get off the tangerine coaster without brakes? Also I don't think taking off the brakes while going down a steep slope is a laughing matter. And why didn't they use a car instead of running the last part? Chika's sisters arrived pretty much at the same time and they drove the whole way >_> I'll enjoy this show more if I just throw the logical part of my brain out of the window.

The good parts were the kimono costumes and both songs were great. I swear I have heard the first song somewhere before or at least something highly similar to it. Dia in a Kimono hell yeah. Kanan too. Hanamaru's hair was pretty cute.
Eisdrache is offline   Reply With Quote