AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Web Novels

Notices

Old 2017-09-03, 00:32   Link #7841
lullabyz

Here come the D's intervention!.. or so I guess..
lullabyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-03, 00:55   Link #7842
bakapervert
A pervert

God fu***ng dammit, damned humanity, damned Potimas, he died too quickly, Ariel should have shaves his body inch by inch before putting him out of his misery.
Old 2017-09-03, 02:55   Link #7843
Breimn

Quote:
Originally Posted by lullabyz View Post
Here come the D's intervention!.. or so I guess..
As expected , kuro meeting with D.
Breimn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-03, 11:25   Link #7844
kari-no-sugata II

Translation is up for "Past Arc 22".

Spoiler for thoughts:
kari-no-sugata II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-03, 15:45   Link #7845
kari-no-sugata II

Translation is up for "Past Arc 23".

Spoiler for thoughts:
Old 2017-09-03, 16:25   Link #7846
erneiz_hyde
18782+18782=37564

Whew, finally D is here. Hopefully this means we get back to present time in a couple more chapters. Ah wait, I guess it depends on how in-depth the author will tell Ariel's adventures when the system comes about.
Old 2017-09-03, 17:32   Link #7847
K2Grey

Ah, so this answers why Sariel hasn't met D. It didn't seem likely that D would have forced Sariel to become the core of the System without getting her agreement first, but it was also implausible that Sariel could have inserted herself that deeply into the System after its creation.

Then, the great sin that was forgotten isn't the use of MA energy, but rather that the people of the world willingly chose to sacrifice Sariel to save themselves. No wonder why Ariel is so willing to sacrifice the people to save Sariel.

I wonder if Foddway is the vampire Great Demon King from Blood 23? Sariel's orphans are likely to be the Divine Beasts. I was looking for one that matched Fenrir, but I think Ariel is the only mentioned chimera.
K2Grey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-03, 17:52   Link #7848
Amuris

hmmmm, idk...I can't feel angry or look down on anyone other than Potimas here. Think about it.

If your getting angry about the people letting this happen or agreeing to it, wouldn't that just be lumping everyone together, "killing them cuz they're goblins". The main actors on the human side at this point are the ones who listened and, therefore, don't deserve any of this anyway.

For the dragons, their thinking isn't to far from our own. Basically, "fuck these humans, I'm out!" I'm not going to say it's right, it just sounds a lot like us.

Sariel, in the end, has more in common with Shiro than we thought. Rather than sacrifice the few that are close to her, she sacrifices the more distant. It's just shows up on a wider scale, being humans vs everything else. Even then, I think she's still focused on some of the humans more than others. Otherwise, the children's stall tactic wouldn't have worked as it did. If anything, her shortcomings may just be a mechanical inability to see the longterm effect of her choices.

Kuro seems less pathetic to me and more pitiable. When everything came to ahead, it became a fight between his crush/the new life he has and his race/family. He was stuck in a crappier Romeo and Juliet scenario(atleast they got laid). Any choice he makes will destroy something/someone important to him and would eliminate a chunk of his identity. In the end, I think he made the best choice. betting only himself and no others, on a solution that might keep all the others alive...

...now we just need to see the conditions of the bet...
Old 2017-09-03, 18:20   Link #7849
K2Grey

The dragons taking their ball and going home was definitely a move out of pre-nakama Shiro's playbook, when the set of people she gave a **** about was exactly 1. She's been softening up quite a bit though, even sparing Sanatoria who is a known traitor and kurikuta stealer.

I now understand the pain of people reading the Shun chapters. When binging this series it's not a problem and they add to the story, but it's pretty painful when they come one by one over several months.
Old 2017-09-04, 08:54   Link #7850
kari-no-sugata II

Trying to think what else probably needs to be covered by the "past arc":

The world gets introduced to the System. Dunno how that'll be done but it seems that it'll become officially known that immortality within the System is possible. We should see some reactions from Dustin, Potimas, Gyurie and probably Ariel. It's possible that next we see Sariel she's already in the System and isn't able to communicate. This could be covered in a chapter or two depending upon how much detail there is.

An explanation for what the "demons" (mazoku) are would be nice. I've not seen any obvious hints to them yet. They might be people from outside the country of Dazdoldia (Dustin's country) - ie they become "demons" as a specific punishment, even if it doesn't directly mean much.

Apart from that, I dunno what we'll get. Maybe some background info on the Elro Great Labyrinth and "monsters". Maybe some background on the creation of the Divine Word Religion and the Goddess Religion (probably remnants of the Sariel Society). I'll be curious to see how Gyurie gets to become a legendary figure as well.

So, could be done in 2-3 chapters.

PS Maybe the author will throw us the following bone: turns out Potimas is still alive, because D saved him and made it look like he had died. As thanks for entertaining D with his futile struggles, she makes him immortal. In a special custom hell of eternal torture, just for him
Old 2017-09-04, 15:12   Link #7851
kari-no-sugata II

LN7 will be out on the 10th October:
http://store.kadokawa.co.jp/shop/g/g321706000621/

Thinking about Shiro's situation a bit... it's looking likely that there's no nice safe havens for her to run to (to escape from D). I guess she could try living completely alone and isolated but she'd just feel miserable. So she can then either pick freedom or safety but not both. Maybe she'll try to square the circle by getting D to leave the world entirely to her (ie she has to defend it) but in the worst case she can still ask D for help (for a price of course).
Old 2017-09-04, 15:14   Link #7852
EvilSociopath323

From a story telling perspective I don't know if bringing Potimas would be such a great idea, but then again, it has been done elsewhere so why not. I don't think however that it would be necessary for D's intervention. That tidbit about him being able to transplant his brain might have actually been foreshadowing that he's still alive. Shiro was under the assumption that Potimas would die if his main body would die and that he was unable to switch his main body if I'm correct. So that old body might have been a dummy. If he was a genius he might have had the idea, 'Hey, maybe it would be a bad idea to keep my main body in a place for everyone to see'. He might have created an underground hideout to keep his main body, for safety measures even with a similar barrier like in the village. His death in the village might have been faked then. I mean, such a coward would have planned for the possibility that he'd lose... With Gyurie being the most likely candidate to beat him it wouldn't make sense to simply escape into space since well, Gyurie could just teleport into the ship even if it gets into space.
EvilSociopath323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-04, 18:54   Link #7853
Rageth
Certified Degenerate

I'm almost certain that the mazoku were descendants of the orphans and Potimas' other survived experiments, while the Sariel Society became the Divine Word Religion (was that it's name?)

Sure, it seems TOO obvious to be true, but things still seem to be headed in that direction.
Rageth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-04, 19:21   Link #7854
K2Grey

I think the reason why we saw Shiro grab the Dilgence authority onscreen was to definitively show Potimas was dead. Ruler authority is attached to the soul so no authority = dead as a doornail.

Wouldn't the Sariel Society become the Goddess Religion? Divine Word is headed up by Dustin who has no relation to the Sariel Society.
Old 2017-09-04, 19:25   Link #7855
Rageth
Certified Degenerate

Woops, I mixed the two religions up. I knew the two factions, just forgot their names. Basically, I figure the remnants would end up becoming the Goddess Religion.
Rageth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-05, 05:07   Link #7856
kari-no-sugata II

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilSociopath323 View Post
From a story telling perspective I don't know if bringing Potimas would be such a great idea, but then again, it has been done elsewhere so why not. I don't think however that it would be necessary for D's intervention. That tidbit about him being able to transplant his brain might have actually been foreshadowing that he's still alive. Shiro was under the assumption that Potimas would die if his main body would die and that he was unable to switch his main body if I'm correct. So that old body might have been a dummy. If he was a genius he might have had the idea, 'Hey, maybe it would be a bad idea to keep my main body in a place for everyone to see'. He might have created an underground hideout to keep his main body, for safety measures even with a similar barrier like in the village. His death in the village might have been faked then. I mean, such a coward would have planned for the possibility that he'd lose... With Gyurie being the most likely candidate to beat him it wouldn't make sense to simply escape into space since well, Gyurie could just teleport into the ship even if it gets into space.
As K2Grey said, we know that Potimas should be dead because Dilgence became open in response. So I think only D would be able to fake Potimas's death in a way that could fool Shiro. Shiro had confirmed that all elves except Sensei were dead as well - that's pretty darn comprehensive. The only reason I suggested the idea is so that readers could get some catharsis via Potimas getting a fate far worse than death.

I'm sure we'll at least get some initial reaction from Potimas as he learns about the System and just how much D is taunting him - eg, "100 million for the Immortality skill!? ARGHHH".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rageth View Post
I'm almost certain that the mazoku were descendants of the orphans and Potimas' other survived experiments, while the Sariel Society became the Divine Word Religion (was that it's name?)
When Kumoko woke up from getting Taboo, she was angry at both the humans and the mazoku equally. Which also suggests that Taboo explains the origins of the mazoku. But, wherever the mazoku come from I doubt they're related to the Sariel Society - they were entirely innocent in the whole thing.

There's also been one or two hints that the mazoku committed some ancient crime that we haven't seen from the humans. Based on that, and given that there's a lot of them, I suspect they were originally human but had sinned a bit more than the people who stayed human - so the most logical scenario I can think of is that they were people from countries outside of Dustin's country who benefited from using MA Energy (ie had committed a taboo).
Old 2017-09-05, 05:26   Link #7857
Breimn

They are probably those who used MA energy to evolve their body of their own will, just like Pothimas did.
So those who did not care about Sariel s sacrifice and decided to continue to abuse MA energy.
Old 2017-09-05, 06:22   Link #7858
kari-no-sugata II

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breimn View Post
They are probably those who used MA energy to evolve their body of their own will, just like Pothimas did.
So those who did not care about Sariel s sacrifice and decided to continue to abuse MA energy.
I don't think there would be many such people though. I had originally thought that it could be something like this but thinking about it, it seems that the number of demons has always been way larger than the number of elves, for example, and the general impression I get is that the demons have generally been concentrated in one area - ie the current situation with the demons and humans has been the case for a very long time, possibly since the start of the System.

We shall see...
Old 2017-09-05, 08:37   Link #7859
Breimn

The devil tempting the angel with a contract.
Old 2017-09-05, 09:32   Link #7860
kari-no-sugata II

Run Sariel run!

Spoiler for thoughts:

Tags
fantasy, non-human mc, reincarnation