AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2008-06-22, 04:53   Link #41
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Honestly I don't think they wouldn;t mind, The average consumer can't even tell the difference, hell I can't. Only people who are extremely analytical about sound can tell the difference, even then I wonder. The human ear can only pick up so much information. If its crisp and clean and audiable, thats what matters in the end. Somehow I highly doubt a small company like Gust/Banpresto would be willing to spend double or triple the development cost just to please that tiny percentage. In the end, its about generating income.
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-22, 05:11   Link #42
mandarb916

I don't see how it would cost double or triple the dev cost just to stay on PS2 since it can actually decode true 5.1...add to that, their next title is for PS2 so /shrug. It would be more on the PS3, but probably not by a significant amount considering the caliber of graphics in the AT series.

While it's only anecdotal evidence, quite a few people actually upgraded their audio system for AT1/AT2, myself included. People have said this on Toukousphere, and it's a recurring comment on 2ch as well. Considering interviews that Tsuchiya Akira has done, and the importance he's mentioned about AT's aural aspects (as well as Shimotsuki and...i think it was Shikata...or was it Mitose...it was a while back), while Gust/Banpresto might not care, I think Tsuchiya would.

And Banpresto is completely under the BanNam flag now, if I'm not mistaken (ie, their budget comes from BanNam) as of a few months ago so I wouldn't exactly call Banpresto small anymore...not a multinational company obviously, but it should have significantly more resources than before.

anyhow...sleep calls...night
mandarb916 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-22, 05:23   Link #43
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

PS2? No no, I'm talking about PS3, XD I'm content with them bringing it out on the PS2 as well, since it'll be cheaper overall, lol. But, eventually they'll have to make the jump to the current gen.

Niche games tend to go to the most popular system as they have a better chance of making sells overall. Putting a niche game where theres a much lower user base is a risk, and japanese companies don't like taking risks.

I'm almost certain that if/when they decide to make a game for the current gen, it's 75% certain it'll be on the Wii out of sheer user base.
Old 2008-07-12, 17:51   Link #44
Flame-X
Anti-fan

just finished the game.

Overall, I give this a 6/10. It had an interesting concept for turn based gameplay with the revytail standing in the back powering up stuff while the others protect and fight. Storywise, it was decent, nothing amazing or terribly bad, just predictable as people mentioned above. One thing that really bothered me is the missing bishop. His existence just went poof without any leads.

The 2 things i liked about the game is the characters and the music. Out of the 3 revytails, i would prefer Aurica, however i chosed Misha's path without knowing what was gonna happen next (shit!! >_<). The music is the one thing that stood out the most for me in this game. Many of the BGMs sounds very like cybernetic and atmospheric while some of the vocal tracks had a Yuki Kajuira feel.

I heard there's more than 4 endings but I don't think its worth the time to replay it.
Old 2008-07-12, 20:19   Link #45
Elvin

If you don't mind, can you write what happened in the Misha ending under a spoiler tag? You can get 2 endings in one run easily (Shurelia + one other) but it'd be a pain to start over from the first Aurica/Misha branch
Elvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-12, 23:28   Link #46
MeganeShounen
Huh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clamp-X View Post
One thing that really bothered me is the missing bishop. His existence just went poof without any leads.
Spoiler for endings:
MeganeShounen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-19, 11:21   Link #47
mandarb916

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elvin View Post
If you don't mind, can you write what happened in the Misha ending under a spoiler tag? You can get 2 endings in one run easily (Shurelia + one other) but it'd be a pain to start over from the first Aurica/Misha branch
3 endings in 1 route

a)heroine ending
b)eolia/shurelia ending
c)Tastiella ending

though a&b are more or less the same lol
mandarb916 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-19, 20:33   Link #48
Elvin

I never saw C cuz it was pretty much a bad end. If you want to get critical then technically there are 4 endings in a route; the early aurica or misha ending at the end of chapter 2 too.
Old 2008-07-26, 00:15   Link #49
Hemisphere
見習い魔剣使い

Looks like you English players finally get your wish!

The translations of some names and terms make me shudder inside though.
Old 2008-07-26, 03:56   Link #50
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

OMFG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Woot! December!
Old 2008-07-26, 04:11   Link #51
MeganeShounen
Huh?

Kuroa == Croix?
Makes sense to me. (Try saying "Kuroa" fast enough, and there's a similiarity. )

I just hope that they'd retain the Dual Audio, and most of the "jokes" we loved in the first game....

Almost forgot.. since they got Luca's name (sortof) right, I wonder about Croche-sama?

BTW, the caption alongside the picture of Croche in the magazine article seems fitting.
MeganeShounen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-26, 04:51   Link #52
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

From my understanding the jokes are still just as dirty. I hear some is even worse! Too bad we won't get anymore lolicon jokes from Misha though.
Old 2008-07-26, 07:15   Link #53
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPGfan interview
NIS America also discussed with us two upcoming titles seeing American shores that we can't tell you about quite yet. However, we can say that one will be announced sometime before the end of July and is an iteration in a series that NIS fans are familiar with.
Yes! My hopes did come true; it was one of the two games NISAmerica has slated to release this year. Just too bad it's going to be competing with Persona 4, since it's also slated to be released in the same month.

Now I just hope that the second title is a PS3 title, but then again, looking up the usual suspects in Gust's and NIS JP's release list in Japan, I can't see anything that looks to be a good candidate. Maybe considering Banpresto co-developed Ar Tonelico II, maybe it's something they made, ala Super Robot Wars: Original Generation for the Ps2? XD

Quote:
The second won't even be announced until September or October, but Jack says that, "a lot of the hardcore RPG fans will [enjoy the announcement]," and that the series has been around in Japan for a couple of generations.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-26, 07:20   Link #54
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

I'll take Ar Tonelico over Persona any day of the week. The music is simply too epic.
Old 2008-07-26, 10:56   Link #55
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

In all honesty, I'm vastly lowering my expectations of this game, as I don't think anyone can match up to Misha. Which in all honesty, was the main reason why I loved the first game. Sure there's another childhood friend in this game, but that enhances my point even more: she is NOT Misha. T_T

As such, I'll be playing P4 first. And if it counts, I'm currently addicted to the P4 battle theme, and I'm trying my hardest to avoid listening to it since I'll be hearing it countless times come december. XD

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-26, 11:04   Link #56
Hemisphere
見習い魔剣使い

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoonKain3 View Post
In all honesty, I'm vastly lowering my expectations of this game, as I don't think anyone can match up to Misha. Which in all honesty, was the main reason why I loved the first game. Sure there's another childhood friend in this game, but that enhances my point even more: she is NOT Misha. T_T

As such, I'll be playing P4 first. And if it counts, I'm currently addicted to the P4 battle theme, and I'm trying my hardest to avoid listening to it since I'll be hearing it countless times come december. XD
You do get to meet Misha again. Though it's way late into the game, and requires you diving into a Cosmosphere that's purely optional.
Old 2008-07-27, 22:55   Link #57
cranston

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erhjegel View Post
Looks like you English players finally get your wish!

The translations of some names and terms make me shudder inside though.
At the bottom left of that page. It says Sep 2008. What does that mean?
cranston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-27, 23:06   Link #58
Elvin

Maybe it's an advance (September) copy of the magazine?
Old 2008-07-28, 00:02   Link #59
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

People who subscribe to gaming magazines always get their copies extremely early. I know I did.
Old 2008-07-28, 04:44   Link #60
Hemisphere
見習い魔剣使い

Quote:
Originally Posted by cranston View Post
At the bottom left of that page. It says Sep 2008. What does that mean?
That it's an early advance copy.