AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Valkyria Chronicles

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-07-19, 15:08   Link #61
justinstrife

Send a message via AIM to justinstrife
If they kill off Isara(who knows with the way this show is going...), I Want to see Welkin go hardcore against the Imperials. Completely do a 180 with him and get rid of this POS wimp that's been impersonating him the past 16 episodes. Have him be the bringer of death to all things Imperial. At this point it's the only way I can see of salvaging this show.
Old 2009-07-19, 20:22   Link #62
Darknemo2000

Send a message via AIM to Darknemo2000
I don't know - then we would have a completely new character. Being a retarded wimp is a core of anime Welkin without it he will not be an anime Welkin and then it would be hard to sympathize with a completely new character that shows up when more than a half of series passed.

Besides I do not think anime Welkin was that bad all 16 episodes through, he started getting worse once shithair Faldio joined.

rpgkiller999, that is also likely and would suit anime Welkin - either Alicia comforting, either Faldio riding a white horse dragging him back. There is NO realistic way anime Welkin could snap and do a marvelous come back by himself, but knowing that script-writers are not following their own show I would guess that the snap is still most likely to happen, even though it would look totally OOC and random.
Old 2009-07-19, 21:57   Link #63
kalbron

And it'll be so bad that it's hillarious!
Old 2009-07-21, 14:41   Link #64
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Has anyone seen any future episode titles for the next couple of episodes? Maybe by them we can tell if they'll kill off you know who.
Old 2009-07-21, 15:33   Link #65
kalbron

Have the previous episode titles been spoilers though? To be frank, I don't even know what past episodes were called.
Old 2009-07-21, 15:36   Link #66
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalbron View Post
Have the previous episode titles been spoilers though? To be frank, I don't even know what past episodes were called.
They haven't been spoilers, though there were hints dropped in the titles.
Old 2009-07-21, 17:24   Link #67
Solecs

AniDB and Anime News Network show the next ep(16) as Unexpressed Feelings/Unspoken Thoughts, respectively. ANN also has a japanese title for ep17 as Seireisetsu no Okurimono/精霊節の贈り物. Seeing as how I don't understand a lick of japanese, I turned to the almighty Google to get "Gift of the Spirit section". Not sure of ANN's source or Google's translator but if they're accurate then probably we'll see some tragedy. Since anything involving spirits, and gifts of such, usually doesn't bode well...
Old 2009-07-22, 08:21   Link #68
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

精霊 - spirit
贈り物 - gift
節 - section, but I'm pretty sure this kanji has another meaning.
Old 2009-07-22, 08:24   Link #69
grylsyjaeger
Onani Master

Send a message via MSN to grylsyjaeger
From what I see it literally means "Time of the Spirit's Gift".

Probably has something to do with Isara's death giving Welkin strength or the will to fight?

"It doesn't mean much, we never had a chance."
Old 2009-07-22, 10:54   Link #70
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fallschirmjager View Post
Probably has something to do with Isara's death giving Welkin strength or the will to fight?
If Isara does die next episode, then i'd agree with your theory of the title.

Isara's death is probably the only way to save the god awful Welkin we're seeing now.
Old 2009-07-22, 11:34   Link #71
Manji Midou
Aimo ~ Tori no Hito

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
If Isara does die next episode, then i'd agree with your theory of the title.

Isara's death is probably the only way to save the god awful Welkin we're seeing now.
lf lsara does die it will two episodes from now, if you look at the preview it's like a farewell tour for her... she will probably have a talk with alicia regarding the disaster joke of a relationship between alicia and welkin, have some more time with rosie and finally some conclusion with her friendly relationship with ramal hopefully she mentions her f'ing dream to him...and ramal doesn't end up being a useless anime add-on and he fulfills her dream and the rest will be with the start of the battle.
Old 2009-07-22, 12:46   Link #72
Tamad
デゲソ!! ( ・_・)ノ

Sad to say, but Isara's death could quite possibly be the saving grace for this show with the way things are turning out. I have to say that I'm quite excited for the upcoming weeks.
Old 2009-07-22, 13:05   Link #73
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manji Midou View Post
lf lsara does die it will two episodes from now, if you look at the preview it's like a farewell tour for her... she will probably have a talk with alicia regarding the disaster joke of a relationship between alicia and welkin, have some more time with rosie and finally some conclusion with her friendly relationship with ramal hopefully she mentions her f'ing dream to him...and ramal doesn't end up being a useless anime add-on and he fulfills her dream and the rest will be with the start of the battle.
Indeed it does look that way by the preview. That's why i was asking for episode titles in my previous post.

Gonna be interesting seeing the reactions from none-game players when it happens.
Old 2009-07-22, 13:58   Link #74
don_Durandal
Zetsubou gunsou

Quote:
Originally Posted by fallschirmjager View Post
From what I see it literally means "Time of the Spirit's Gift".

Isn't that what they call "The Feast of All Spirits" in the game? That Gallian holiday where they exchange gifts between close people.
That was when Isara gave the dolls to Rosie and Largo in the game.
Old 2009-07-22, 15:04   Link #75
Solecs

Oh snap, that's right. Hmm, then they could delay it for another episode then if they're going to do it. Though I'd think it would fit in ep17 since it looks like they'll take care of most of the battle in ep16 since they had that shot of the soldiers running through the smoke.
Old 2009-07-22, 15:18   Link #76
Manji Midou
Aimo ~ Tori no Hito

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Gonna be interesting seeing the reactions from none-game players when it happens.
they will ask themselves where was the mighty faldio to save the day...
Old 2009-07-22, 15:47   Link #77
don_Durandal
Zetsubou gunsou

Soooo.... where's Zaka?

If they follow through with the storyline it'll be either Zaka or that pansy ramal driving the Edelweiss (or heck, given it's the anime it might as well be Hans).

I do believe they'll follow through btw. It's sad, but she's going to buy the farm again.
Old 2009-07-22, 16:09   Link #78
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manji Midou View Post
they will ask themselves where was the mighty faldio to save the day...

Quote:
Originally Posted by don_Durandal View Post
Soooo.... where's Zaka?

If they follow through with the storyline it'll be either Zaka or that pansy ramal driving the Edelweiss (or heck, given it's the anime it might as well be Hans).
The way thinks are going, it'll probably be Ramal who drives the Edelweiss. It would make more sense that way with the direction they're going.

As for Zaka, i'm surprised they just didn't have him join up like he's supposed to do. Maybe they don't plan to use him again?
Old 2009-07-22, 16:43   Link #79
kalbron

He'd probably distract from Super Awesome Faldio as a "strong hero", and they were probably told by the original writers that castrating one decent male character was more than enough.
Old 2009-07-22, 20:18   Link #80
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solecs View Post
Seireisetsu no Okurimono/精霊節の贈り物
It means Gifts (being given) in the Day of Spirits/Fairy/Sprite... etc.

節 does not mean time. Put it with any noun and it usually means the day of, or holiday of... etc.

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Closed Thread