AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Support > Tech Support > Playback Help

Notices

Old 2010-09-11, 11:32   Link #1
Chozla

Slow video loading

I've got a problem when playing recent files. It take at least 1 minute to load and start. It seems that every episodes that I got prior 2010 doesn't have this problem, they start right away (even 1080p episodes). I use Media player classic with Core AVC, ffdshow and directvobsub. I tried to switch between core avc and ffdshow and the problem is still there. I don't get why everything suddenly changed that way... Anyone has an idea?
Old 2010-09-11, 16:20   Link #2
namaiki

Try install the latest CCCP. It could be Haali Media Splitter searching for linked segments in MKV (can be turned off in Haali Media Splitter settings if you don't have any files that use that feature), or it could be some EVR issue, but if you are using neither of those then no idea lol.
Old 2010-09-11, 18:36   Link #3
Chozla

Forgot to tell that I did reinstall the latest CCCP. The only option I found about segments is "Merge all segment" which is off. So I suppose that the problem isn't there...
Old 2010-09-11, 21:20   Link #4
sneaker

It's the option a bit above that, called "Try to open linked files". It can lead to long loading times if you have many matroska files in the same directory and have an old version of Haali's splitter installed. (Never versions of the splitter only search other files if the file actually links to other segments - older versions always load all files in the folder.)
Old 2010-09-11, 23:12   Link #5
Chozla

I downloaded the latest Haali media splitter version, and it worked! The subtitles weren't there but I reinstalled Directvobsub and everything is fine. Thanks!
Old 2010-09-12, 02:34   Link #6
namaiki

Quote:
Originally Posted by namaiki View Post
Try install the latest CCCP.
Sorry, I meant the latest CCCP beta. I've been using the beta for ages, so I completely forgot to specify.
Old 2010-09-12, 09:30   Link #7
Chozla

Ah ok. I didn't know about the beta. Anyway, I solved my problem, thanks!
Old 2010-09-12, 17:51   Link #8
chrno

Send a message via AIM to chrno
I'm having a similar problem (is it ok to post it here). I downloaded a show some time back. I originally had and older version of CCCP. Which contained both the MP Classic and Zoom Player. I tried playing back the file and for some reason it would not play at normal speed.

I've even did a complete reformatting of my computer. And after reinstalling the new version of CCCP (today sans Zoom Player) the file still will not play at the correct speed. Not even with the new MP Classic. Yet it works perfectly on my mother's iMac using VLC.

So I don't know why this file is not working right. Any insight is greatly appreciated.

"I'm afraid 400 years won't cover me."
Old 2010-09-12, 23:03   Link #9
namaiki

chrno, that is completely unrelated, but what CPU and GPU does that (slow) computer have? What file are you trying to play that is not playing at 'normal speed?'

First try tick the option 'MT' on the first page of the CCCP Settings application. Does the video file play correctly? If not, open that file in CCCP's MPC-HC and tell me every item that is in the menu - Play-> Filters.