AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Muv-Luv Franchise

Notices

Old 2012-10-17, 00:16   Link #21
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Goose View Post
Based on some chatter in the Image Thread, I'd like to suggest a "Survival in a BETA Infested World" thread.

The general gist would be discussion of life expectancy, survival strategies both serious and not, and how badly humanity is fucked.
Could you please post (in here) an example of the opening post that would set the stage for such a conversation? I can then use that opening post to make the thread.
Old 2012-10-17, 00:22   Link #22
grevierr
The Lovable SuBiTA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Goose View Post
Based on some chatter in the Image Thread, I'd like to suggest a "Survival in a BETA Infested World" thread.

The general gist would be discussion of life expectancy, survival strategies both serious and not, and how badly humanity is fucked.
Might as well call it

SURVIVOR: BETA

Outlive; Outkill; Outlast.

When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt. Run in little circles, wave your arms and shout.

Last edited by grevierr; 2012-10-17 at 00:54.
grevierr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-17, 00:36   Link #23
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

Survival In A BETA-infested World

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
Could you please post (in here) an example of the opening post that would set the stage for such a conversation? I can then use that opening post to make the thread.
No problem. Text as follows:

Welcome to Alternative Earth. It's a world very much like our own, and yet different in many ways... most prominently, an infestation of the Beings of Extra-Terrestrial origin that are Adversaries of the human race.

To be a human in this world is to live day from day. It is a time of both great technological achievement and mindbreaking terror.

You're a resident of Alternative Earth. How are you going to survive as long as possible? You can't keep the reaper from calling... but you can try evade him as long as possible.

This thread serves as a location for discussion of just how one would go about surviving in Alternative Earth, as well as a frank assessment of life expectancy and how badly humanity is fucked. Due to the nature of this topic, this is regrettably a spoiler zone - it is very difficult to discuss this topic without making references to materials outside the animated adaptation of Total Eclipse. That said, let's continue to use spoiler tags - it's merely good practice, afterall.

Let the posters beware.

tl;dr, as grevierr put it: Welcome to Survivor: Beta. Outlive. Outkill. Outlast.

I believe in miracles.

Wild Goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-17, 00:55   Link #24
grevierr
The Lovable SuBiTA

Lol, I like what you did there Wild goose.
Quote:
To be a human in this world is to live day from day. It is a time of both great technological achievement and mindbreaking terror.
In this Grim Dark World, there is only CHOMP!

We might have to show some information on the behavior of BETAs and the background of the war in the first few posts, or else people who would not know better would end up posting stuff that is already covered in the fluff. Would not want another /m/ess here now.

When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt. Run in little circles, wave your arms and shout.
Old 2012-10-28, 13:01   Link #25
kaizerknight01
Extra Superior Otaku

episode 17 thread please
kaizerknight01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-06, 18:16   Link #26
maximilianjenus
[E]

Since the fate subforum has got ne and considering both the censorship and the QUALITY present in this series I think a topic for differences between tv and BD version is necessary.
maximilianjenus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-20, 05:11   Link #27
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

Just wondering: Can we have a separate thread for discussing the BETA's "Creators"---basically, theories and ideas on what thye might be like, their motivations and possibly their ways of thinking?
wavehawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-20, 17:22   Link #28
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by wavehawk View Post
Just wondering: Can we have a separate thread for discussing the BETA's "Creators"---basically, theories and ideas on what thye might be like, their motivations and possibly their ways of thinking?
From what perspective would such a thread be presented? For Total Eclipse anime viewers? For Muv-Luv game players? I suspect the difference in knowledge might be rather extreme.
Old 2012-12-20, 21:37   Link #29
grevierr
The Lovable SuBiTA

Quote:
Originally Posted by wavehawk View Post
I think you can discuss this in the Military and Geopolitics thread, since its about general BETA stuff there that assumes one knows the MuvLuv VNs.

Old 2012-12-21, 09:32   Link #30
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

Okay. It's just that I really need to think through what I'm going to ask/theorize first, and hoped that a thread specifically for their discussin (might be better.
wavehawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-25, 22:20   Link #31
Esg

Can I request a thread for Super Robot Wars speculation?
Esg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-26, 10:52   Link #32
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esg View Post
Can I request a thread for Super Robot Wars speculation?
Could you provide a bit more explanation about the request? I'm afraid I don't quite understand what you're asking for here.
Old 2019-10-23, 12:11   Link #33
Dextro
He Without a Title

Can we get a new thread for the new Muv Luv Alternative adaptation?