AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > To Aru... Index [LN/M]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2013-01-29, 07:38   Link #23961
mike211
CoNfuSeOnE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
I'm not exactly a big fan of the clones- any of them.
I don't mind the sisters and the other clones that have already appeared but knowing that the Academy City can create more with just one button, it just bug me a bit.
so far there the clones are the Sisters, Last order, Full tuning and Misaki Worst, just how many more different clone is Academy City it going to create in the future? that why I hope Misaki could find some way to stop Academy City from creating more clone of her.

“Whatever your reasons may have been, you did what you did. Do not forget that the day will come when you must pay for it.”
Old 2013-01-29, 07:46   Link #23962
Sumeragi
Banned

Get your names straightened out before saying you want/hope anything.
Old 2013-01-29, 07:53   Link #23963
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike211 View Post
I don't mind the sisters and the other clones that have already appeared but knowing that the Academy City can create more with just one button, it just bug me a bit.
so far there the clones are the Sisters, Last order, Full tuning and Misaki Worst, just how many more different clone is Academy City it going to create in the future? that why I hope Misaki could find some way to stop Academy City from creating more clone of her.
It's Misaka, not Misaki.

Misaki is another character from later in Railgun.
Old 2013-01-29, 09:15   Link #23964
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

I don't think Full-Tuning is a perfect clone of Mikoto.
Think about it; she's supposed to be the very first clone, and oftentimes the first clone has the most problems.

I wonder what would be Full-Tuning's greatest flaw that makes her different from the Second (Misaka Imoutos) and Third Production (Misaka Worst) Plans.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Old 2013-01-29, 09:19   Link #23965
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
I don't think Full-Tuning is a perfect clone of Mikoto.
Think about it; she's supposed to be the very first clone, and oftentimes the first clone has the most problems.

I wonder what would be Full-Tuning's greatest flaw that makes her different from the Second (Misaka Imoutos) and Third Production (Misaka Worst) Plans.
Sci-Fi logic; The Alpha and Omega of any product are the strongest
Old 2013-01-29, 09:20   Link #23966
Sumeragi
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
Full-blown personality which would be problematic for the project? That's where I got the Anti-Mikoto idea.
Old 2013-01-29, 09:24   Link #23967
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
Full-blown personality which would be problematic for the project? That's where I got the Anti-Mikoto idea.
I forgot, but did they mention what was Full-Tuning's purpose again? Maybe in Volume 5 or something...?
Old 2013-01-29, 09:28   Link #23968
Sumeragi
Banned

She was mentioned only once in the novels: SS2 Chapter 13.

Quote:
“…Actually, the project that created the Misakas was split between two stages: the Radio Noise Project and the Level 6 Shift Project, says Misaka #10032 as she lets things get even more complicated within her head. Which project’s acceptance should be under consideration?”

“Well, shouldn’t that just be whichever one was first? says Misaka #10039 as she vaguely expresses her estimation.”

“Technically, the former wanted a full Level 5 and the latter wanted mass produced experimental subjects, so getting a proper definition may be difficult, says Misaka #13577 as she stealthily adds to the confusion.”

“Come to think of it, whatever happened to Full Tuning, #00000, who was created by Amai Ao and cut off from the network? says Misaka #19090 as she lays out a new piece of foreshadowing.”
Old 2013-01-29, 09:33   Link #23969
desrtsku
Nympholept

There's no way someone can answer this kind of question on the spot in less than 4 minutes ... with a quote ...
Old 2013-01-29, 09:38   Link #23970
tsunade666

I picture full tuning as someone who is stronger than your mass produce clones. Prototypes tends to have lots of problems before its been launch. But usually its been pack up with lots of punch so it can be appealing and steadily stabilize so it can be mass produce.
Old 2013-01-29, 09:43   Link #23971
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
She was mentioned only once in the novels: SS2 Chapter 13.
...'as she lays out a new piece of foreshadowing' ?

Subtle as always Kamachi.

But seriously, doesn't this sort of proves that whatever that thing that took over Last Order couldn't be Full-Tuning since she was removed from the network?
Old 2013-01-29, 09:44   Link #23972
Sumeragi
Banned

Depends. How cut off was she? Was she still able to view the workings of the network, or was it complete isolation? We'll have to probably observe Railgun to figure this part out.
Old 2013-01-29, 09:53   Link #23973
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Depends. How cut off was she? Was she still able to view the workings of the network, or was it complete isolation? We'll have to probably observe Railgun to figure this part out.

Also, the fact that she was intentionally cut off strongly suggest that either Amai Ao didn't want Full-Tuning to influence them, or that he didn't want the rest to influence her...

That's my take on it anyway, just random musings.
Old 2013-01-29, 10:18   Link #23974
leukrota

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
But seriously, doesn't this sort of proves that whatever that thing that took over Last Order couldn't be Full-Tuning since she was removed from the network?
Right, I had forgotten the details we do have on Full-Tuning.

I think it does mean they are not the same, but not because she was removed from the network but because Full-Tuning has an actual body. The one taking over LO refers to herself as the Will of the Network and somehow acts as if she had the ownership of all the Sisters, I don't think that would be valid if she was an individual Misaka clone.
Old 2013-01-29, 10:19   Link #23975
Sumeragi
Banned

Is this the part where we assume a higher sentient entity has formed within the Network?
Old 2013-01-29, 10:23   Link #23976
leukrota

That's my current assumption anyway.
Old 2013-01-29, 10:29   Link #23977
Sumeragi
Banned

Hmmm..... why does it feel a certain old scientist had a hand in this?
Old 2013-01-29, 10:43   Link #23978
leukrota

Dunno... at first sight, it doesn't seem evil enough for him.

Of course, who knows what malevolent consequences could her existence bring?
Old 2013-01-29, 10:45   Link #23979
Sumeragi
Banned

The Will takes over the Misaka Imoutos, and thus Mikoto/Accelerator needs to team up to find Full-Tuning to reboot the network..... something to that effect.
Old 2013-01-29, 10:57   Link #23980
leukrota

Not a bad plotline. But the "poor" entity just wants some Kamijou time, I don't even know if the Sisters would complain if she managed to "capture" him.
Closed Thread

Tags
action, dengeki bunko, fantasy, light novels, science fiction, shounen