AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fate/ Series

Notices

Old 2012-06-30, 06:31   Link #3761
chaos_alfa

Quote:
Originally Posted by demino_hellsin View Post
I think he means that you get mad enhancement, but there's a choice not to activate it.
I see.

Then my question would be if there has ever been a Berserker which didn't activate his Mad enhancement?
chaos_alfa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-30, 10:42   Link #3762
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaos_alfa View Post
I see.

Then my question would be if there has ever been a Berserker which didn't activate his Mad enhancement?
Do we even have enough details of the previous wars to know?

They should do something for the previous ones. A manga perhaps.
Old 2012-07-01, 01:16   Link #3763
Maxtro

After watching Zero I got in the mood to watch Stay Night to see how everything happens. Along the way I found out there was actually a visual novel and am gaving it a whirl.

One thing that's really frustrating is that nobody has mentioned that Kiritsugu was Saber's master in the previous war. Saber brings up that this is not the first time she's been in the modern era, nobody asks her anything about the last war. It just seems like common sense to ask about the last war and who her master was. Shirou keeps mentioning his father never naming him and Rin doesn't ask what his fathers name was. I stumbled into the Unlimited Blade Works route and there is a scene where Shirou, Sakura, Taiga and Saber are walking together. Taiga actually mentions Kiritsugu by name but Saber just stays silent. I'm wondering if Saber realizes that Shirou has a connection to Kiritsugu and if she does, why is she staying quiet? It just feels really forced to keep the "big secret."

And there's something else that randomly popped up into my mind, would it be possible for Shirou to have summoned Kiritsugu as a servant? I saw the Blade Works movie, so if something as goofy like who Archer really is, (interestingly enough, the game points out that Shirou is actually really good with a bow, imagine that) why not have Kiritsugu be a servant? He'd definitely be Assassin.

It seems like an interesting retelling. For the heck of it, give Rin Saber, and Assassin at the temple would be replaced by Archer. It would be good to see more of Shirou and Kiritsugu together and Emiya can see who his father really is. Of course Saber wouldn't be too happy seeing Kiritsug again, and can't forget about Illya.
Maxtro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-01, 01:27   Link #3764
Vicious108

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxtro View Post
I'm wondering if Saber realizes that Shirou has a connection to Kiritsugu and if she does, why is she staying quiet?
It's Saber. She basically never says anything about herself and her past unless directly inquired about it. She was reserved like that in Fate/Zero too.
Vicious108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-01, 02:30   Link #3765
d-one

Quote:
After watching Zero I got in the mood to watch Stay Night to see how everything happens. Along the way I found out there was actually a visual novel and am gaving it a whirl.

One thing that's really frustrating is that nobody has mentioned that Kiritsugu was Saber's master in the previous war. Saber brings up that this is not the first time she's been in the modern era, nobody asks her anything about the last war. It just seems like common sense to ask about the last war and who her master was. Shirou keeps mentioning his father never naming him and Rin doesn't ask what his fathers name was. I stumbled into the Unlimited Blade Works route and there is a scene where Shirou, Sakura, Taiga and Saber are walking together. Taiga actually mentions Kiritsugu by name but Saber just stays silent. I'm wondering if Saber realizes that Shirou has a connection to Kiritsugu and if she does, why is she staying quiet? It just feels really forced to keep the "big secret."
Saber have bad connection with Kiritsugu after all so I think she doesn't really want to talk about it. She confess though in Heaven's Feel route about the last war and she really doesn't understand Kiritsugu. And please remember that Zero is written after Stay Night so about Kiritsugu itself is a surprise in the game

Quote:
And there's something else that randomly popped up into my mind, would it be possible for Shirou to have summoned Kiritsugu as a servant? I saw the Blade Works movie, so if something as goofy like who Archer really is, (interestingly enough, the game points out that Shirou is actually really good with a bow, imagine that) why not have Kiritsugu be a servant? He'd definitely be Assassin.

It seems like an interesting retelling. For the heck of it, give Rin Saber, and Assassin at the temple would be replaced by Archer. It would be good to see more of Shirou and Kiritsugu together and Emiya can see who his father really is. Of course Saber wouldn't be too happy seeing Kiritsugu again, and can't forget about Illya.
Kiritsugu never achieve what Shirou achieve in his journey to be recognized as a hero so he will never be recognized as a heroic spirit. Shirou himself (in Archer timeline) need to get through many hell as a counter guardian after he die before finally becoming a hero
d-one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-01, 02:51   Link #3766
mAc Chaos
King of Heroes

Quote:
One thing that's really frustrating is that nobody has mentioned that Kiritsugu was Saber's master in the previous war. Saber brings up that this is not the first time she's been in the modern era, nobody asks her anything about the last war.
There's only one person who knew, and that was Saber, who had a bad enough experience that she didn't want to talk about it. Considering what high esteem Shirou held his father in, she considered it a favor to not mention the terrible truth. The only other people who knew, Kotomine and Ilya, weren't going to tell him anything. Well, depending what route...

As for others asking about it, I assume it just never occurred to them that she was in the very last war, but in some other random war far in the past. As for Rin, I doubt she knew about Kiritsugu, and even if Shirou never mentioned his dad's name, Saber could tell from the last name and some other stuff.
mAc Chaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-01, 03:08   Link #3767
Kimidori
The Opened Ultimate Gate

Quote:
Originally Posted by d-one View Post
Kiritsugu never achieve what Shirou achieve in his journey to be recognized as a hero so he will never be recognized as a heroic spirit. Shirou himself (in Archer timeline) need to get through many hell as a counter guardian after he die before finally becoming a hero
i really think Kiritsugu could be summoned somehow, after the third war you don't need to be a heroic spririt to be summoned, F/Z Caster is an example.
Old 2012-07-01, 11:12   Link #3768
Maxtro

Quote:
Saber have bad connection with Kiritsugu after all so I think she doesn't really want to talk about it. She confess though in Heaven's Feel route about the last war and she really doesn't understand Kiritsugu. And please remember that Zero is written after Stay Night so about Kiritsugu itself is a surprise in the game
Yeah, I realize that Zero was written after Stay Night. I do vaguely remember her confessing to Shirou at the end of the anime, when I first watched it long time ago.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mAc Chaos
There's only one person who knew, and that was Saber, who had a bad enough experience that she didn't want to talk about it. Considering what high esteem Shirou held his father in, she considered it a favor to not mention the terrible truth. The only other people who knew, Kotomine and Ilya, weren't going to tell him anything. Well, depending what route...

As for others asking about it, I assume it just never occurred to them that she was in the very last war, but in some other random war far in the past.
In the game, Saber said that it wasn't the first time she was summoned in the modern age and Rin was visibly shocked. I was trying to find out when the third war occurred but I couldn't find anything. Even then, Rin could have asked if she was in the last war and why everything exploded, but that would have been spoilers

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimidori View Post
i really think Kiritsugu could be summoned somehow, after the third war you don't need to be a heroic spririt to be summoned, F/Z Caster is an example.
That's a great point.

Kiritsugu was more of a hero then Bluebeard.

Stil,l nothing more than a just for fun thought.
Maxtro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-01, 12:16   Link #3769
Touko

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimidori View Post
Nope. It is impossible for individuals from modern era wielding modern weaponries to become a Heroic Spirit. The last of the self-made Heroic Spirits came from the early 1900's.

Spoiler:

F/Z Caster was still an Anti-Hero/Heroic Spirit Candidate. Kiritsugu is nothing. Even though the Grail is tainted after the Third War, it still does not summon some random dude.

Furthermore, with Kiritsugu being an unremarkable magus, he soul will just dissipate after he dies, turning into nothing.
Touko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-01, 21:21   Link #3770
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

My knowledge gets restricted to the anime media, so I know nothing about the games and the novels.

I was wondering if both Shirou and Illya will ever learn that both share the same father figure in the likes of Kiritsugu?

Though that revelation can only be possible after the end of the Fate scenario, because Illya dies in the Unlimited Blade Works scenario (again only saw both anime and film), and I know nothing about Heaven's Feel scenario.
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-01, 21:25   Link #3771
Vicious108

Like I said in the other thread, the Heavens Feel scenario is exactly where that revelation takes place.
Vicious108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-02, 00:09   Link #3772
Polar_Lord

If Iskander was the only one to figure out Gilgamesh's true identity without being told explicitly, would that make him the smartest Servant or was he just more knowledgeable in that respect?
Polar_Lord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-02, 03:22   Link #3773
MidoriHiME

OK, so, please keep in mind it's been MONTHS since I played the visual novel and maybe I just missed/forgot something huge, but this has been bugging me forever:

Spoiler for Shirou's body:
Old 2012-07-02, 09:23   Link #3774
mAc Chaos
King of Heroes

It's his reality marble going out of control.
mAc Chaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-02, 09:49   Link #3775
Touko

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidoriHiME View Post
OK, so, please keep in mind it's been MONTHS since I played the visual novel and maybe I just missed/forgot something huge, but this has been bugging me forever:

Spoiler for Shirou's body:
See below. It is the same principle, except it was amplified in Heaven's Feel due to the immense power of Artificial Phantasm.
Spoiler:
Touko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-02, 11:18   Link #3776
sabershirou

Cool

i am sorry to ask some stupid question but i will still ask the question. Is 'will fate/series continues?
sabershirou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-02, 11:19   Link #3777
sabershirou

sorry guys i have a question pls answer . Will fate series continue? I miss it
sabershirou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-02, 11:27   Link #3778
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polar_Lord View Post
If Iskander was the only one to figure out Gilgamesh's true identity without being told explicitly, would that make him the smartest Servant or was he just more knowledgeable in that respect?
Alex's time period was closest to Gil's.
Old 2012-07-02, 11:38   Link #3779
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
Alex's time period was closest to Gil's.
Only by about 150 years compared to Saber. I think it's more that he's the only one who cared enough about strategy to discern his identity.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-02, 12:07   Link #3780
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
Only by about 150 years compared to Saber. I think it's more that he's the only one who cared enough about strategy to discern his identity.
i think it is a bit more then 150 since Saber's time period would follow the fall of Rome and withdraw of the Legions form the British Isles.