AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2007-11-29, 16:05   Link #1
xris
Just call me Ojisan

Maria-sama ga Miteru Novel Discussion

This thread is for the discussion of any and all of the existing Maria-sama ga Miteru novels. Please be warned that the thread may well contain unmarked spoilers so enter at your own risk.

For more details on the available novels (along with some synopses), please take a look at the Maria-sama ga Miteru Novels thread.

There are also some existing novel discussion threads, they can be found here.
Maria-sama ga Miteru Novel Vol 23 "Kumori Glass no Mukougawa"
Maria-sama ga Miteru Novel Vol 22 "Mirai no Haku Chizu"
Maria-sama ga Miteru Novel Vol 19 "In Library"
Maria-sama ga Miteru Novel Vol 18 "Tokubetsu de nai Tada no Ichinichi"
xris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-29, 23:35   Link #2
dahl_moon
Apathy moe~
*Scanlator

I'll try to post summaries of some of the novels this weekend. I'm still busy reading volume 23 (almost done, but there are some tricky content that's rather important in character development near the end).

Season 1 and 2 covered up till volume 11.
Season 3
  • OVA 1: Volume 12
  • OVA 2: Volume 13
  • OVA 3: Volume 14
  • OVA 4: Volume 15
  • OVA 5: Volume 17
Season 4 will cover volume 18 and onwards, and probably parts of volume 16 (at least one very important part).

Last edited by dahl_moon; 2007-11-29 at 23:45.
dahl_moon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-10, 08:30   Link #3
dahl_moon
Apathy moe~
*Scanlator

Cover for volume 30 has been released
Spoiler for Volume 30 cover:

Also, covers for past volumes
Spoiler for Covers 24-29:
Old 2007-12-29, 01:47   Link #4
dahl_moon
Apathy moe~
*Scanlator

Volume 30 has been released last 26th, and yes the cover I posted above is the correct cover. The title for this one is キラキラまわる (Kira-kira Mawaru. Rotating in a sparkle? kinda hard to translate...). I haven't read it, but one thing is certain; volume 30 isn't the last one yet.
Old 2008-03-06, 20:16   Link #5
BakaRanger

I appreciate the covers being posted. Does anyone know if the novels after vol.23 have been summarized anywhere? Google hasn't been my friend on this issue.
BakaRanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-13, 07:19   Link #6
Bakanekokun

As far as I know I read only tipbits up to volume 23..no official translation though - I have heard the latest volume is number 32. So I am wondering if anyone is still updating the translations?

By the way - I having trouble looking at the cover for vol 30
Bakanekokun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-13, 19:57   Link #7
ziggr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bakanekokun View Post
As far as I know I read only tipbits up to volume 23..no official translation though - I have heard the latest volume is number 32. So I am wondering if anyone is still updating the translations?
The latest English translations that I have seen are Okazu's #15 and Rosa Chinensis' #18/Answer.

There are no official translations for English.

Last edited by ziggr; 2008-04-08 at 21:19. Reason: Answer is #18, not #16. Thanks for the fix, BakaRanger!
ziggr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-07, 18:18   Link #8
BakaRanger

You must have missed when Okazu translated volume 17, Ciao Sorella, in her Sept 2007 blog. It was volume 18/Answer chapter that Rosa Chinensis did, not 16 which Okazu did.
Old 2008-04-08, 21:18   Link #9
ziggr

Quote:
Originally Posted by BakaRanger View Post
You must have missed when Okazu translated volume 17, Ciao Sorella, in her Sept 2007 blog.
Oh my gosh you're right! I totally missed #17. Yay, now I have something to read tonight!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BakaRanger View Post
It was volume 18/Answer chapter that Rosa Chinensis did, not 16 which Okazu did.
I knew that. Really. It said so right there on the list-o-translations, and yet I still wrote 16 instead of 18. Maybe I shouldn't drink while posting.
ziggr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-24, 19:15   Link #10
BakaRanger

Okazu's blog has the translation for the next volume. She is calling it novel #18 (though it's book 19) since book 18 was all about the anime. But I'm always happy to read the next story so I'm really grateful that she posts these.

Last edited by BakaRanger; 2008-04-25 at 16:47.
Old 2008-07-30, 01:03   Link #11
Matt122005

Hmm, are you aware that Baka-Tsuki is translating these novels? Novels 1-3 are done and the 4th is under way now.

Just thought I'd mention it.

-Matt
Matt122005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-09, 11:21   Link #12
sleepyz

Hi all - I recently translated a chapter in volume 8 - it's the chapter where Rosa Gigantea is in the classroom with Yumi just before her graduation. I hope those interested will enjoy it! It's one of my favourite parts.

http://yasashiisekai.wordpress.com/2...s-ii-sei-yumi/
Old 2008-12-28, 09:34   Link #13
sa547
*Author

"Hello, Goodbye" has been released, marking what might be possibly the last volume...

http://community.livejournal.com/gar...ns/204640.html

One thing's for certain: "This time don't cry while making a graduation speech."
Old 2008-12-28, 18:26   Link #14
Molenir

I would be disappointed if the story just stopped with Sachiko's graduation. The story needs to continue until Yumi graduates. I want to see her go from being a 1st year to being a 3rd year. See her go from being the girl looking up to everyone, to being the girl everyone looks up to.
Molenir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-04, 12:50   Link #15
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

Quote:
Hi all - I recently translated a chapter in volume 8 - it's the chapter where Rosa Gigantea is in the classroom with Yumi just before her graduation. I hope those interested will enjoy it! It's one of my favourite parts.
You may want to go to Baka Tsuki which hosts the bigger attempt at translating the novels ATM and ask them if they'd fancy some help, given that Seki has been stalled for a while.
Proto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-04, 23:01   Link #16
dahl_moon
Apathy moe~
*Scanlator

Spoiler for Covers for 31-33:

Spoiler for Cover for spin-off series Buddha Watches Too:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Molenir View Post
I would be disappointed if the story just stopped with Sachiko's graduation. The story needs to continue until Yumi graduates. I want to see her go from being a 1st year to being a 3rd year. See her go from being the girl looking up to everyone, to being the girl everyone looks up to.
The only spoiler I've read about the latest volume is that it "concludes the story between Yumi and Sachiko." I haven't read any further since am still at volume 29, but I'm hoping that "the conclusion" is intentionally left vague so that Konno Oyuki can come back and write additional stories.
Old 2009-01-05, 05:10   Link #17
niwasatou
mind the gap
*Artist

Send a message via MSN to niwasatou
It's lovely to see how Hibiki Reine has evolved over these years of illustrating Marimite. Her drawings haven't lost their original charm but are technically much more advanced.

Sadly I can't say anything about the actual content of the recent volumes..
niwasatou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-23, 22:55   Link #18
Simon
気持ち悪い

Quote:
Originally Posted by dahl_moon View Post
The only spoiler I've read about the latest volume is that it "concludes the story between Yumi and Sachiko." I haven't read any further since am still at volume 29, but I'm hoping that "the conclusion" is intentionally left vague so that Konno Oyuki can come back and write additional stories.
Spoiler for Konno's postscript to the novel:

Semi-related to this thread, has anyone read Hana Monogatari by Yoshiya Nobuko? By all accounts the stories are a kind of "spiritual ancestor" to Marimite, not to mention being a good read in their own right.
Old 2009-01-25, 04:35   Link #19
bakaneko16
Hitagi Follower

really disappointing , since i cant understand any japanese
bakaneko16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-27, 12:22   Link #20
Man0warr

On j1m0ne's blog:

Quote:
Yeah, vol.35 is probably the last one for some time & likely the last that will feature the characters as we know them. Hibiki Reine’s comments in the volume mentioned stuff like ‘So this is the closing of the chapter of Sachiko and Yumi’, and ‘even though this brings to an end a portion of Maria-sama ga Miteru, it is not the end of the (Marimite) world. With a change of ’style’, there will be (new?) meetings - when (I) feel ready for it, please do come along for the stories of Lillian Jogakuen. Gokigenyou.’
Man0warr is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cobalt bunko, light novels, shoujo