AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2020-07-31, 18:41   Link #81
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: France
Age: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
He probably started behaving like an asshole to his colleagues after that incident. At first they felt sorry for him, hoped he would become the cool cop he was before, but he didn't and they got tired of it.
That's not the way it looked in the flashbacks. It didn't seem like it took long for him to transfer, and he looked more depressed than bitter.

I think he showed so much promise they ended up being extremely disappointed when he quit over something that's just part of the job.
__________________
Rize and Kaneki
Kanon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-08-02, 07:23   Link #82
Marcus H.
Lil Fighter from Shuchiin
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: the Philippines
And finally we're back!

Now, seeing the story of Katou makes it clear his personal conflict with the First Division. I personally feel like the First Division had a point in feeling bitter towards Katou's sudden resignation, but they also did not give Katou a chance to recover from a scarring experience. We all know the amount of heart Katou has for the job and the people involved in the cases he handles, and while it can act as an uncertainty at times, it's also an asset he can work to his advantage. Maybe it is true that he is not fit to be a cop, but it also means that he can be something different. That's something that we hope we see as the precise yet heartless Kanbe joins him on their various assignments.
__________________
Chihayafuru Catchup: Season 1, Season 2, Season 3 (2/24).
Autumn 2019: Chihayafuru S3 (2/24), Azur Lane (2/12), CAUTIOUS HERO, No Guns Life, Shin Chuuka Ichiban and F/GO Babylonia.
Continuing: Fugou Keiji: Balance:UNLIMITED (10/11), Toaru Kagaku no Railgun T (19/25) and Great Pretender (14/23).
Summer 2020: Oregairu Kan (5/12), No Guns Life S2 (11/12), Deca-dence (11/12) and Monster Musume no Oisha-san (6/12).


Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status|| Watching: 37. Completed: 372. Plan to watch: 50.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-08-02, 07:34   Link #83
Haak
You stole my pen
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: UK
Age: 29
I'm not sure what logic that kid is running on really. He's livestreaming a hostage situation so he can make money from the livestream? I can't imagine a livestream platform mainstream enough to garner 5 million views in such a short time frame and be willing to monetise it, let alone allow it to run.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Now that we know what his trauma is, I'm not sure why division one looks down on Kato so much. He did nothing wrong. His only fault which turned out to be a strength in this episode is caring too much about people's lives.
My initial interpretation was that the Division 1 guy was disappointed that Kato didn't have the chops to be one of them. He kind of has a point: If I were to decide who would be handling a highly stressful situation like this, I wouldn't let the guy with obvious past trauma deal with it.

But I guess they didn't really explain what exactly is going on and to be honest I'm not entirely sure either. There's a scene at the end of the Episode 2 that explains the reason Kato was kicked out of Division 1 was because he "misfired" and consequently "couldn't hold a gun ever since", but whether he was kicked out because of the latter rather than the former is up in the air. I would have assumed the latter simply because if it was the former then the latter wouldn't be relevant. I'd also be disappointed if it was the former because whilst I can imagine a scenario where Kato's higher ups fail to stand up for him against any kind of media fall out, I can't imagine Kato's peers thinking he was anything other than hard done by under that kind of scenario.

Quote:
I know it's kind of the entire premise of the series, but it seriously bothers me that everything can be resolved with money. I suspect Daisuke will hit a roadblock at some point though.
I'm hoping for that too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irenesharda View Post
Sure you don't join the police for that, but I do expect that you should be ready for it to happen though. If he didn't want to go through that, he should have taken a desk job, or not gone into the police period, and maybe had become a lawyer or something. I don't think it should have been something that he should have been demoted for. Yes, it would be something you would have to get help with dealing with, but I don't think he did anything wrong.
I don't have any experience in law enforcement myself but I'm of the opinion that people who train in these positions never really know whether they're going to be prepared for curveballs like that until it actually happens to them.
__________________
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-08-02, 09:58   Link #84
Frontier
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
How fast they got there really bothered me too. I don't think there was a previous scene showing Daisuke learned they were fans en route to the concert, so it came out of nowhere.
I read somewhere that HEUSC looked into the passengers on the train before they even got on and that's when Daisuke set up the boy band, but I didn't quite see it myself .
Quote:
I thought Daisuke was Iron Man without the suit, but he's got a bit of Batman too with all those gadgets.
Don't forget about his Batcave under his mansion .
Quote:
I know it's kind of the entire premise of the series, but it seriously bothers me that everything can be resolved with money. I suspect Daisuke will hit a roadblock at some point though.
Quote:
I'm hoping for that too.
I do think it would be an interesting conflict or turning point for the series that Daisuke finds a situation where money can't instantly resolve the problem. Maybe it was something like that which spurred him to join the police in the first place ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
I'm not sure what logic that kid is running on really. He's livestreaming a hostage situation so he can make money from the livestream? I can't imagine a livestream platform mainstream enough to garner 5 million views in such a short time frame and be willing to monetise it, let alone allow it to run.
Well, maybe "Chaintube" (I think that's what they called it) is like hardcore Youtube ?
Quote:
My initial interpretation was that the Division 1 guy was disappointed that Kato didn't have the chops to be one of them. He kind of has a point: If I were to decide who would be handling a highly stressful situation like this, I wouldn't let the guy with obvious past trauma deal with it.

But I guess they didn't really explain what exactly is going on and to be honest I'm not entirely sure either. There's a scene at the end of the Episode 2 that explains the reason Kato was kicked out of Division 1 was because he "misfired" and consequently "couldn't hold a gun ever since", but whether he was kicked out because of the latter rather than the former is up in the air. I would have assumed the latter simply because if it was the former then the latter wouldn't be relevant. I'd also be disappointed if it was the former because whilst I can imagine a scenario where Kato's higher ups fail to stand up for him against any kind of media fall out, I can't imagine Kato's peers thinking he was anything other than hard done by under that kind of scenario.
It seemed like the chief guy with the goatee was supportive of Kato and didn't blame him for what happened at least.
__________________
Frontier is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-08-02, 10:27   Link #85
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
It'd be nice to see some genuine cleverness instead of just infinite money, but that's rather like expecting Saitama to not solve his problems with punching.
Anh_Minh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-08-02, 16:42   Link #86
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Next to oto-san
Age: 70
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
Well, maybe "Chaintube" (I think that's what they called it) is like hardcore Youtube ?
I've noticed that anime often imagine a world where uploads from individual phones suddenly have a global impact. There's a recurring character in GeGeGe no Kitarou (2018) who uploads videos of encounters with yokai. They often encourage conflict between yokai and humans on a fairly large scale.

https://forums.animesuki.com/showthr...70#post6341370

In Gatchaman Crowds Insight an alien runs for Prime Minister of Japan by exploiting that show's social media system. It's a case study in "soft fascism."
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-08-02, 21:57   Link #87
Marcus H.
Lil Fighter from Shuchiin
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: the Philippines
Toji no Miko also has a divine but antagonistic entity deal with the protagonists' organization by using mass media to paint them in a bad light. It worked, to a certain extent. Social media's impact is also substantial in Re:Creators.
__________________
Chihayafuru Catchup: Season 1, Season 2, Season 3 (2/24).
Autumn 2019: Chihayafuru S3 (2/24), Azur Lane (2/12), CAUTIOUS HERO, No Guns Life, Shin Chuuka Ichiban and F/GO Babylonia.
Continuing: Fugou Keiji: Balance:UNLIMITED (10/11), Toaru Kagaku no Railgun T (19/25) and Great Pretender (14/23).
Summer 2020: Oregairu Kan (5/12), No Guns Life S2 (11/12), Deca-dence (11/12) and Monster Musume no Oisha-san (6/12).


Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status|| Watching: 37. Completed: 372. Plan to watch: 50.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-08-06, 12:35   Link #88
bakato
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2014
After 3 episodes of high-tech, money-throwing hijinks, we really needed an episode like this.
__________________
Jcafe is up!
bakato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-08-06, 14:18   Link #89
Frontier
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
When a Millionaire detective leaves his money behind .

To be honest, Daisuke, I think the Japanese police spend more time helping find lost dogs than actually arresting criminals...

Suzue was very different in this episode. I guess this is what she's like when she thinks she's made Daisuke upset, which shows how loyal (to an absurd degree) she is to him. She was also all "Daisuke-sama" this episode, which makes me wonder if she only says his name without honorifics when they're basically alone together .

Kato finally addresses what Suzue's relationship with Daisuek is, and she's not his wife but a "relative." Now I guess the question is a relative as in a cousin or a relative as in she's part of a branch family .

"Balance: Limited" how long has HEUSC been holding that one in ?

It was neat seeing Daisuke deal with how the other half lives and learning how people take care of themselves without servants or a huge bank account, and fittingly he would learn it from Kato .

Daisuke with his hair down looks near unrecognizable .

Why am I not surprised Kato is the kind of cop who watches cop dramas? He practically wishes his life was one .

I think that is probably the first time Daisuke has slept in a tub.

That was a surprisingly bittersweet resolution to the case of the missing dog. I guess Daisuke did the nicest thing he could do for the kid short of telling him his dog died .

They never really did answer why Daisuke left the mansion. I guess sometimes you just have to go out on your own for a bit. And learn to cook some good food .
__________________
Frontier is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-08-06, 16:28   Link #90
Wandering Soul
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: America
So for once Daisuke was left to try and get by without his money. This did give him some nice bonding moments with Kato where he has to live like a mundane person for a day.

The case had a surprisingly bittersweet ending. I guess from Daisuke's perspective it is better to not break the kid's hearts and just let him be happy in this case.
__________________
Wandering Soul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-08-06, 18:03   Link #91
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: France
Age: 33
It was pretty much a given there'd be a comedic episode where Daisuke can't rely on money. I'm just hoping there'll be a serious one, as well.

The conclusion of the kid's story was indeed rather bittersweet, and proved Daisuke does have a good heart.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
They never really did answer why Daisuke left the mansion. I guess sometimes you just have to go out on your own for a bit. And learn to cook some good food .
Not directly, but they did. It was the natto. Just look at Daisuke's face when Kato puts some in his cart, and again when he says he's going to make him his special natto. And of course, the episode ended with Daisuke having gotten over his dislike of natto and even cooking some, bringing his escapade to a nice conclusion.
__________________
Rize and Kaneki
Kanon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-08-06, 19:16   Link #92
Grifis
Eternal Dreamer
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Caladan
Aww, that is so sweet. They're getting domestic already. I like the sol feeling of the ep and a bit of trolling. Hopefully, there's an excuse for Daisuke to move into Haru's residence so I can see more sol between the couple. The main draw really is the dynamic between them anyways.
Grifis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-08-06, 19:45   Link #93
Decel
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Canada
Can't believe Daisuke with his hair down was trending on my Twitter feed...

Spoiler for From the thread I read the difference between the novel and the anime, and it explains Suzue's behaviour.:

I LOLed when HEUSC said Balance Limited.
__________________
2006- The year of the invasion of the Suzumiya Haruhi avatars and signature logos
Decel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-08-06, 23:06   Link #94
Frontier
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Decel View Post
Can't believe Daisuke with his hair down was trending on my Twitter feed...

Spoiler for From the thread I read the difference between the novel and the anime, and it explains Suzue's behaviour.:

I LOLed when HEUSC said Balance Limited.
Spoiler:
__________________
Frontier is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-08-07, 03:06   Link #95
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Coquitlam, BC, Canada/Quezon City, Philippines
Send a message via Yahoo to Yu Ominae
Holy crap. A shoutout to Taiyo Ni Hoero!
__________________

Even if we were at odds with each other, I still thank you for training me, Instructor Bowman - Yu Ominae, reflecting on Bowman's death after killing him in Phantom Island
Yu Ominae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-08-07, 03:23   Link #96
Marcus H.
Lil Fighter from Shuchiin
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: the Philippines
I knew of natto. I knew of tamago-kake gohan. But I did not know of tamago-kake gohan with natto. First time I have seen such a combination of acquired taste.
__________________
Chihayafuru Catchup: Season 1, Season 2, Season 3 (2/24).
Autumn 2019: Chihayafuru S3 (2/24), Azur Lane (2/12), CAUTIOUS HERO, No Guns Life, Shin Chuuka Ichiban and F/GO Babylonia.
Continuing: Fugou Keiji: Balance:UNLIMITED (10/11), Toaru Kagaku no Railgun T (19/25) and Great Pretender (14/23).
Summer 2020: Oregairu Kan (5/12), No Guns Life S2 (11/12), Deca-dence (11/12) and Monster Musume no Oisha-san (6/12).


Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status|| Watching: 37. Completed: 372. Plan to watch: 50.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-08-07, 18:49   Link #97
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Next to oto-san
Age: 70
I was surprised the breeder wasn't one of their first stops. Probably as likely the dog would have returned there as the kid's home.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-08-08, 11:56   Link #98
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wandering Soul View Post
So for once Daisuke was left to try and get by without his money.
And even like that he was a better cop than Kato.
Anh_Minh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-08-08, 17:42   Link #99
Haak
You stole my pen
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: UK
Age: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by Decel View Post
...and Kato is an anime-only character.
Wait what? The main character is anime original? If that's true well that certainly explains the jarring contrast between how the two affect the tone of the story.
__________________
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-08-13, 12:34   Link #100
Frontier
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
The chief seems to enjoy spending time with young female officers, although he has to be careful that his intentions don't seem too shady .

I can kind of understand why the First Division doesn't take too kindly to Modern Crimes when you see how everyone other than Kato acts. None of them seem to take their job seriously or come off like actual police officers. Heck, I thought the girl was just a secretary but she was out there in the field so she's an actual officer and everything. Granted, said girl also gave them the means of saving everybody through noticing the necklace, but it was pretty much by happenstance. Why did any of these people join the police force to begin with ?

Kind of your typical "ancient land being violated leading to revenge" case, although at least the perpetrator had the decency to take themselves out and focus their revenge purely on the President instead of a lot of people. Said President also ably demonstrated how much of a coward he is when the chips are down. I kind of wonder if this is the end of this terrorist plot .

Daisuke isn't going to become the family head? Is that why he's trying to make a life as a detective? Or was it his decision to become a detective that caused him to lose his chance to succeed? And who does that make the heir? I doubt it's Suzue, but Daisuke doesn't seem to have any siblings .

Poor Suzue tries to come in for a cool entrance but gets waylaid by a cat...and even injured and on foot she still loyally goes forward. On the plus side, Suzue in that biker outfit .

Kato saves the day! And without needing to spend a bunch of money either for once .

Some intrigue with Daisuke's company apparently having had a hand in developing the bomb and the specifics are so secretive that not even Daisuke has access to it. Is there some corruption going on in the Kambe group? Or some kind of leak? I doubt his grandmother or Suzue are in on it, but it seems suspicious that Daisuke is in the dark about it. And that older detective seems to be surprisingly invested in this case .
__________________
Frontier is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
mystery

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 17:00.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
We use Silk.