AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Shuffle!

Notices

Old 2008-06-25, 16:58   Link #61
raven911

Hello everyone, first post here.

Plain or bland aside, I think what I'm surprise the most is that the choice of adaption. While Asa is certainly an interesting, I don't think she has enough character depth to warrant the position of the main heroin. Same things go for Primula or Sia. I wished it had either been Kaede or Nervin that was chosen as the main heroin.

While it's true that each heroins got a crisis that is needed to overcome. Kaede's scenario is the most natural one in term of narrative and story leading since it's directly wired to Rin. Asa's scenario is good and while I applaud the climax, it does feel like something that comes out of nowhere in order to "force" some sympathy on the viewers and kick off the romance. For me a dramatic climax usually back fire when it doesn't have approriate leading events.

As for Rin, if selfish is too harsh of a word than maybe oblivious will do. I think the point where it ticks me off the most is when Rin came home and he can not see Kaede's red and she has bags under her eyes ... common, it's not possible to miss that. That's when I switched from objectively rooting for Kaede (yes, since I like her) to actively dislike Rin and Asa (side effect). But after the dust is settled and my head got cool, I don't blame Rin or Asa, but simply classified it as BAD SCENARIO WRITING. Good scenario writing should promt an event to happen, not forcefully make it happen. So Kaede's crisis moved from the most dramatic spot in the series to the most un-natural and non-sensible one.

So that's my two cents on it. I believe had Keade was chosen as the main heroin, her scenario could have been writen a lot better in a way that make sense, and with her background story I just think she has a better material for the main lead.

My list of main characters would be:

- Kaede
- Nervin
- Sia/Asa (same)
- Primula.
raven911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-26, 23:24   Link #62
foreverdissevered
Endless Entity

After someone made a spoiler and said Rin picked Asa.. I stopped watching the series at Episode 12. It was clear to me how Kaede would feel... and I just can't find any more enjoyment in a love series that has the most devotional girl suffer.

If only Rin would be more sensitive, or atleast know to leave Kaede alone if he is gonna leave her, the series would have been much more renown.

Rin= Ruined the whole series
foreverdissevered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-27, 00:12   Link #63
Sute443
Sasaki-ist

Quote:
Originally Posted by foreverdissevered View Post
After someone made a spoiler and said Rin picked Asa.. I stopped watching the series at Episode 12. It was clear to me how Kaede would feel... and I just can't find any more enjoyment in a love series that has the most devotional girl suffer.
Unless you've been exposed to other spoilers, then I can pretty much guarantee your thoughts are wrong.
Sute443 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-27, 00:13   Link #64
foreverdissevered
Endless Entity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sute443 View Post
Unless you've been exposed to other spoilers, then I can pretty much guarantee your thoughts are wrong.
I don't understand :x
Old 2008-09-27, 00:18   Link #65
Sute443
Sasaki-ist

You claimed that it became clear to you how Kaede would feel. Unless you've been exposed to other spoilers, I think her reaction is actually quite different from what you expect.
Old 2008-09-27, 00:32   Link #66
foreverdissevered
Endless Entity

Quote:
You claimed that it became clear to you how Kaede would feel. Unless you've been exposed to other spoilers, I think her reaction is actually quite different from what you expect.
She went psycho and got mad at Asa etc...

O.. btw, could you tell me what happened to Kaede at the end? I want to know, but I dont want to witness Kaede's remorse and Rin's ignorance.
Old 2008-09-27, 00:52   Link #67
Sute443
Sasaki-ist

Spoiler for Kaede's end:
Old 2008-09-28, 02:09   Link #68
foreverdissevered
Endless Entity

Quote:
Spoiler for Kaede's end:
Ah... Truthfully, thats nice to hear.

Admirable of her

Thank you
Old 2008-10-01, 03:10   Link #69
Sian
Kozukuri Shimasho

well ... not all that sure how admirable it is ...

instead of getting on on with her life, she gets a new 'object of dedication'

she really would do good with some mental treatment ... she's clearcut fitting in on a mental ward at least for a certain amount of time till she gets onwards without any need for 'object of dedication's

and ... sia+Kaede is a 'accidential' Fanservice for the shippers missing Yuri :P ... oh ... yeah ... its Kikyou, not Sia
Sian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-15, 14:03   Link #70
Inanimated_object
Live, Love & Learn.

I just recently download an AMV about Kaede's relationship with Rin and Asa, however something caught my attention as the video was finishing:
Spoiler for Screencap:

At first, I didn't know where to put this, but since it involves Kaede I though it could fit in here.

BTW watch the mentioned AMV, here

Last edited by Inanimated_object; 2008-11-15 at 14:16.
Inanimated_object is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-15, 18:10   Link #71
gigaloki
The Silent Ninja Perv

Send a message via Yahoo to gigaloki
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inanimated_object View Post
I just recently download an AMV about Kaede's relationship with Rin and Asa, however something caught my attention as the video was finishing:
Spoiler for Screencap:

At first, I didn't know where to put this, but since it involves Kaede I though it could fit in here.

BTW watch the mentioned AMV, here
COOL MEN!! xD i'll watch ur AMV

YURINESS

NeverGiveUpPH
gigaloki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-16, 01:47   Link #72
Sute443
Sasaki-ist

Quote:
Spoiler for Screencap:
It looks a lot like the CG that goes with Kaede's epilogue in the original version of the game, but has a few difference. Based on the width and angle of the image, I'd guess that it's an altered version from On the Stage.
Old 2008-11-16, 11:44   Link #73
LovePhoenix
Biggest Nerine fan~!

@Sute443: Man, I just watched that AMV and it kind of freaked me out. The song was kind of scary. O_O

But anyway, I see your point about the last scene. Hmm, I remember this scene from SHUFFLE! the game at Kaede's ending but this one looks like from the anime. Maybe someone edited it?
LovePhoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-16, 12:11   Link #74
Furudanuki

Quote:
Spoiler for Screencap:
That screencap is from Shuffle! - Memories episodes 2 or 7 (the two episodes featuring Kaede). The scene occurs at the very end of the OP right as the music fades out.
Furudanuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-17, 13:01   Link #75
Utau
Butler mitai~
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Utau
damn.. i can't believe i forgot Kaede-sama's b-day

kudos for bringing up her thread.

1000000 deaths is not enough.. well technically, no one remembered even the former KKK's so..
Utau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-29, 07:52   Link #76
KimmyChan

I really like Kaede! She's my favourite female character in Shuffle! for sure!
KimmyChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-01, 06:08   Link #77
Jujubee

Hello everyone, I'm new here and wanted have my express my thoughts on Kaede. After pulling an all nighter watching Shuffle to the last episode I need to get this off my chest. Firstly I haven't fully read this thread but it seems others feel the same way. In my honest opinion, what they did to her in the anime was very cruel and unfair. Rin is a complete and utter fool and I take no pitty on him for obliterating Kaede's heart and spirit the way he did. Asa wasn't a bad choice, it was always between her and Kaede for me if I had to chose one. But after revealing the deep history between Rin and Kaede, she became my instant girl of choice. In the game you can pick whichever girl you want right? So why would go and make Asa the official canon? I'm just curious because Kaede literally seemed impossible to refuse. How can you abandon someone who loved you, fed and took care of you, lived with you and above all made you their reason for living? That's so not right I have trouble believing it. Anyway its really late, I'm tired and can't put all my thoughts into words but the bottom line is the anime had a sad ending and I didn't like it. If you chose Kaede in the game [which I intend to] does Asa die? That's the only way I could accept picking her over Kaede.
Jujubee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-01, 07:46   Link #78
Sian
Kozukuri Shimasho

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jujubee View Post
How can you abandon someone who loved you, fed and took care of you, lived with you and above all made you their reason for living?
to go on with it, hated you, psycologically tortured you, tried to kill you repeatedly ...
Sian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-01, 09:59   Link #79
Jujubee

The words "there's a thin line between love and hate" speak very loudly in Kaede's case. What she did in the past was understandable, I mean she thought he indirectly killed her mother, I'd hate him too. Then when she found out the truth all that she had said and done backfired causing her to feel overwhelming sorrow and regret. Over time that sorrow and regret turned into love and obsession. So if I were Rin I'd stay with her not just out of love, forgiveness and appreciation for all she's done, but fear too. You know what they say, Hell hath no fury than a woman scorned. Fear isn't a good reason to stay in a relationship but he had plenty of others. It was like a husband ignoring and leaving his wife for another woman. The least he could have done was let her down gently but no he was a blind idiot this time. I say this time because throughout the series he was so good at detecting people's emotions. But somehow he couldn't see the feelings of the one closest to him and that just didn't make sense.

Last edited by Jujubee; 2009-09-01 at 10:09.
Jujubee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-05, 22:47   Link #80
Gibber

Wow Jujubee, that's exactly what I was thinking about Kaede, having only finished the series recently too.
When I saw the first episode of Shuffle!, I was pretty much like "oh childhood friend, k he ends up with her" and I was rather shocked. That said, I still enjoyed the ending, there's always the VN, and even though it's the typical childhood friend that goes slightly mad, Kaede is still my most favorite Shuffle! character.
Gibber is offline   Reply With Quote