AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2009-01-07, 04:35   Link #61
Tokkan

Send a message via MSN to Tokkan
Quote:
Originally Posted by xrick View Post
According to the official website, it seems nicovideo will be airing the 1st ep between 18:30 & 23:30 (Japan Time)...
Also, like the first series there's going to be an alternate episode 1 streamed over at GyaO.
Tokkan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-07, 04:41   Link #62
Westlo
Lets be reality

Oh they going to open up with another dream episode?
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-07, 04:46   Link #63
Tokkan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
No, not as far as the summary of episode 1 on the website says about it. The alternate version is called "side episode 1" rather than "inner episode 1".
Old 2009-01-07, 04:59   Link #64
bayoab

Quote:
According to the official website, it seems nicovideo will be airing the 1st ep between 18:30 & 23:30 (Japan Time)...
That would be the entire first season, not the first episode.
bayoab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-07, 06:27   Link #65
SuperKnuckles
Anime Hobbyist

Dear lord, it's going to be TOMORROW. I don't know. That was not worthy of a post, but I can't contain myself.

I just can't wait to see how Sakimoto does the music again. I also hope for at least one more Gainax/Gonzo collaborated animation with CRAZY visuals. You just KNOW it's going to happen.
SuperKnuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-07, 08:12   Link #66
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
Which reminds me, I think there's more about that dream episode from season 1 episode 1 that meets the eye. I can't shake the feeling that that episode is foreshadowing for the entire show, since...

-Jil spares Black Knight's life
-Kally dies against the dragon
-Black Knight comes back to repay the deed
-Black Knight dies

compare with

-Jil 'saved' Neeba's life before, and so Neeba was indebted to him
-Ahmey dies against Druaga
-Neeba comes back and pays his debt back to Jil
-Neeba then 'betrays' the group, and thus symbolically 'dies'

Of course, there's some inconsistencies, like utu dying against the Black Knight of which I don't remember any parallels to, but that might just be because of my memory more than anything.

In any case, if the dream really is prophetic in some kind of way, then there will be another group of enemies to fight ala the Druaga Knights, and a new final boss at the end of it all (Gilgamesh?). There will be someone we know from season 1 that will 'save the day' like the innkeeper (maybe Melt?), but would meet an untimely end. Most importantly, Jil will 'forget' about his princess (Kaaya) and end up with Fatina.

Quite interesting really. I can't say for sure that the dream would be foreshadowing (after all, one only knows it's foreshadowing upon hindsight), but am interested if indeed the show goes that way.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-07, 10:07   Link #67
LKK

I have a question about the Crunchyroll release process. Will we have to wait a week in orer to see the episode free? Or will a free version be available within an hour of broadcast? (I didn't watch season 1 until it was completely up on Crunchyroll. So I don't know how the weekly process worked.)

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
LKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-07, 10:33   Link #68
Sleepy Speculator
sleepy

That whole dream sequence was deliberately weird, but it did include if i remember...

Jil receiving Gil's sword (which kaaya gave him)
Jil being blessed by Ishtar? (i think that's what kaaya was a priestess for)
Jil defeating a dragon

I wish there was a list because, i just thought it was all a giant cliche joke...

Biki Biki Biki Biki... (raaarrrggghhh!!! i need some coffee!)
Sleepy Speculator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-07, 12:52   Link #69
Manji Midou
Aimo ~ Tori no Hito

where are all the jilxfatina shippers coming from...
lf we are to go by foreshadowing the OP shows that in the end jilxkaaya will come true...
Manji Midou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-07, 13:25   Link #70
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleepy Speculator View Post
That whole dream sequence was deliberately weird, but it did include if i remember...

Jil receiving Gil's sword (which kaaya gave him)
Jil being blessed by Ishtar? (i think that's what kaaya was a priestess for)
Jil defeating a dragon

I wish there was a list because, i just thought it was all a giant cliche joke...
Not to mention intentional Fatina tentacle rape. That scene was good
frubam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-07, 14:45   Link #71
Sleepy Speculator
sleepy

i didn't forget that scene, i just didn't see it actually come true unlike alot of the other stuff, which i mentioned, even though it was all just in his head. I'm left wondering if the 'i'm your father thing' was meant more than just a joke, given that both Jil and Neeba seem to have issues.

Biki Biki Biki Biki... (raaarrrggghhh!!! i need some coffee!)
Sleepy Speculator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-08, 02:44   Link #72
Eej
wat
*Fansubber

First episode did a good job of shattering all the dreams of JilxFatina shippers out there. You'd think they'd end up together after the whole debacle but it looks like they're far too damaged goods for that. That manipulative Kaaya ruined everything.

In any case, first episode impressions are up here at koda's blog, for those who haven't seen it yet.
Eej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-08, 02:51   Link #73
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eej View Post
First episode did a good job of shattering all the dreams of JilxFatina shippers out there. You'd think they'd end up together after the whole debacle but it looks like they're far too damaged goods for that. That manipulative Kaaya ruined everything.

In any case, first episode impressions are up here at koda's blog, for those who haven't seen it yet.
Nnn? It shouldn't have aired yet...

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-08, 02:52   Link #74
Tokkan

Yeah, AFAIK it hasn't aired yet.
Old 2009-01-08, 03:10   Link #75
roan

Yeah, this had me going???
I thought it should be streaming on Gyao like about 8 hours from now?

Was there some advanced screening somewhere?
roan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-08, 03:32   Link #76
kujoe
from head to heel

Man, this one couldn't have arrived in a more timely fashion.

The first season didn't start out that well for me, but eventually it began to be reminiscent of Record of Lodoss War in terms of how the show weaved a tale of adventure from recognizable RPG roots. Sometimes, the show is being a bit too obvious with that.

But anyway, for one who has just finished the first season, I'm glad I don't have to wait that long for the continuation. I hope Kaaya's motives will be explained since...

Spoiler for ending of season one:

So many questions I wish the second season would clear up.

It's also interesting that Fatina is with Jil and co. now. The OP of the first season actually made me think that the two go together better than Jil and Kaaya, even though the entire intro has been pushing for those two together. I expect to see some interesting tension in the episodes to come.
kujoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-08, 03:50   Link #77
Schneizel
uwu
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eej View Post

I updated that. :s I was unsure of the new characters names but I fixed it up + some other "wtf why the hell did I type that" moments. I didn't think you would be linking this places Eej, lol. -_-;;
Schneizel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-08, 04:58   Link #78
RDNexus

Guys, I need a quick hint here, before it's too late...

Where can I get to see the first ep?
And how do I get to see that ep1 from gyao? It seems I need to register first or something...

Plz, somebody hurry, time is quickly passing by!!
RDNexus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-08, 06:20   Link #79
SemperMalum

I've been fawning over Fatina since the first season's episode 1. Hell, even in the OP, I was like "Mmm hawt'ness".

So, when they had the episode where they were both stranded together, it was like a taste of things to come. And that's when -I- personally became a supporter of those two. Most likely, it will default that Jil x Kaaya happens.

But, I can also easily forsee Kaaya dying off/being sacrificed off by the end of season 2 for the greater good. And because Neeba FUBAR'd his chances with Fatina... Needless to say, I don't think Fatina will end up with Utu. Besides, in that single episode of Jil and Fatina being alone together, we got better character interaction, IMO, then in the entire season 1 between Jil and Kaaya.

It's like... Hai. You found me when I was bleeding. Hey, you have a badass friend. Whoamigod, you were naked too. Let's team up! ... (a bunch of episodes where interaction, solely between those two, happens) What am I fighting for? Dunno. HAY your lips taste good, even though that was weirdly sudden. HAY WAI YOU GO WITH MY BRO? KHAAAAAAAAANNNNNNNNN!

That all said and done... I can't wait to watch another season.
SemperMalum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-08, 06:37   Link #80
Tokkan

Quote:
Guys, I need a quick hint here, before it's too late...

Where can I get to see the first ep?
And how do I get to see that ep1 from gyao? It seems I need to register first or something...

Plz, somebody hurry, time is quickly passing by!!
It'll be on Crunchyroll in less than 7 hours.

Tags
action, adventure, fantasy, gonzo, rpg