AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Ore no Imouto

Notices

Old 2010-10-04, 15:09   Link #301
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
The situation is a lot like Kimi ni Todoke
What?

Also, ANN shall be streaming the series.
Old 2010-10-04, 15:10   Link #302
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Bah! Too much discussion about Kirino. Manami needs love too! XD

<3 Manami

In any case, this episode did not disappoint. Would take one heck of a show to top this one in my book.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-04, 15:23   Link #303
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoonKain3 View Post

<3 Manami
Hard to discuss a girl who appeared for 4 minutes.
Old 2010-10-04, 15:31   Link #304
Kagayaki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordy Lechance View Post
Watching that overbearing ungrateful little bitch Kirino pushing her brother around, making him do as she will and NOT ONCE even referring to him by name, much less thanking him is the first time since Fist of the North Star that I wanted to punch a hole through my screen.

Seriously, there's cute tsundere and there is just being a plain fucking bitch, and Kirino fits squarely into the latter.

Sticking with this series to root for the big brother's struggles, NOT the title character.
So far, Kyousuke is doing a great job as the lead. He's a lot of fun to watch. Kirino's attitude came across more like "she has issues, I want to see her get over them". So I'm looking forward to how her character develops. But that's just personal preference, probably

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Haha, this is true. But dear god those were the 4 cutest minutes in the entire show.
Old 2010-10-04, 16:15   Link #305
Saturn Beaver
Home of Silent Prayer

Send a message via MSN to Saturn Beaver
Heh, I'm late to the Kirino discussion, seems like everyone already said what I wanted to say. What really strikes me instead of Kirino is actually the brother, the part where he wonders why he's been so out of touch with his younger sister really hits close to home for me. I don't actually have a younger sister, just one younger brother (and I think I'm the more "otaku" of the two) but I do feel like we're drifting apart ever since he hits puberty. So, while Kirino will of course take center stage as we see her struggles with her hobby that many others deemed strange (and hopefully in the process become less bitchy and show more care toward his older brother) Kyousuke's struggle as support his sister's hobby in order to help re-connect with her will also be interesting to see, at least for me.

And really, despite the imouto eroge and everything, I would like this relationship to stay chaste. I feel that there's too few good examples of familial love in recent media, especially with how all too often it turns into eros (romantic love). We already get one twincest anime currently airing now anyways...
Quote:
ah! Too much discussion about Kirino. Manami needs love too! XD

<3 Manami
Quote:
Even if she's only there for 4 seconds, if under that time she managed to establish that she's a childhood friend, that's enough to spark the interest of THE Osana-Najimi shipper

Last edited by Saturn Beaver; 2010-10-04 at 16:45.
Saturn Beaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-04, 16:33   Link #306
Polarpew
Bash'a no falor talah

Send a message via AIM to Polarpew
I have a feeling this anime is going to be the gem of the fall 2010 anime line-up.
ALso is it me or do you feel that Hiroshi Kamiya's voice would be good for this type of anime as the male lead?
Old 2010-10-04, 16:34   Link #307
ion475
にこにこにー

Just my 2 cents...

1. I do find Ayana not being the top-choice for Kirino...just too kawaii and not enough tsun. But then, if you read the novel, the real tsundere in the series is not Kirino, but Kyousuke anyway
2. Love the OP...it's a decent OP for once (Well, I guess as long as it's not sing by seiyuus that obviously can't sing, they're decent...I'm looking at you, KugiRie, good CV but singing skill = 0)
3. Can't wait for Kuroneko, although I've no clue how good Hanazawa will voice her (Those Japanese otaku just pick Tanaka Rie b/c of the Suigintou reference anyway)
ion475 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-04, 17:35   Link #308
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polarpew View Post
...Also is it me or do you feel that Hiroshi Kamiya's voice would be good for this type of anime as the male lead?
True, but I think Nakamura Yuuichi is imitating him, and doing a pretty good job of it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo
The situation is a lot like Kimi ni Todoke
What?
I mean the situation in Hiyokoi, not here. There, Aya-nyan is playing an insecure, totally kawaii character who gains at school by becoming friendly with the popular boy who is friendly with everyone. She isn't seen as a monster, however, lol.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-04, 17:47   Link #309
Tamad
デゲソ!! ( ・_・)ノ

Well hot damn, my most anticipated show of the season did not fail to impress. Good places, I can see this show going.

Kirino is kind of a bitch to her brother, but for some reason I don't have this urge to strangle her as I do with others who are similar. Personally, I find her character and situation pretty interesting; she may be mean to her brother, but it's also nice to see that she trusts him enough to reveal her hobby to him... though I guess it never would have happened in Kyousuke didn't find the DVD anyways. Personally, I like how she's forcing him to go through her eroge games so she can have someone to talk to about it; it adds an interesting dynamic to the most (obviously) interesting part of the show. If this just continues to be a show about how siblings come to close the gap because of Kirino's hobbies, along with some comedy here and there (and I did laugh a few times during this episode), then I think I'm going to be liking this series very much.

That said, I suppose the reason why I can't harm Kirino is because she's like totally a female version of myself.
Tamad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-04, 18:11   Link #310
apr
Pedestrian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tamad View Post
That said, I suppose the reason why I can't harm Kirino is because she's like totally a female version of myself.
You're a supermodel with top grades who wins track & field championships?
Old 2010-10-04, 18:27   Link #311
KROMEangel
Baby Got Back

Weeeell.....hmm.

I'm not a guy who plays eroges, so most of that flies over my head. So maybe this is not for me.

Still, I found the character designs attractive, and the dialogue between is pretty solid. Beyond the Otaku crash course, I'm more interested on knowing whether these two are gonna grow closer together.
KROMEangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-04, 18:32   Link #312
Random Wanderer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falkor View Post
some freebies:
I'd like this one.
Random Wanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-04, 18:56   Link #313
Itlandm
Porcupine

So his sister is a violent underage lesbian lolikon otaku. But it is OK because she has pretty eyes and pink cheeks and wiggles her little bottom toward the camera.

There better be character development. Lots and lots of character development.

The truth is, the rest of the cast stood for all the brief moments of mad grinning I can remember from this episode.

The "Queen of Average" childhood friend (is average really that low in Japan?).

The "Bad timing" mother. Now that was hilarious, because it was so very realistic.

The parents going all conservative on the otaku population.
Itlandm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-04, 19:10   Link #314
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer

This show is starting out to be pretty damn hilarious.

I almost feel bad for Kyousuke, though. His little sister is almost BRUTALLY tsundere. That is, she's mostly tsun- and not nearly as much -dere.
Old 2010-10-04, 19:21   Link #315
Clarste
Human

For the record, I didn't get the implication that Kirino's modeling job is hidden from her family, the fact that Kyousuke didn't know was just because of how little they talk to each other. She probably had to get permission from her father or something. And he probably said something like "As long as your grades stay high."
Clarste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-04, 19:24   Link #316
Raiga
tl;dr

Quote:

<3 Manami

In any case, this episode did not disappoint. Would take one heck of a show to top this one in my book.
Normal girls ftw. =3

FUTSUU POWER!
Old 2010-10-04, 20:02   Link #317
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Ow lol that was totally hilarious specially the last part with the eroge , he kicked out of the bed the lil sister

Nice anime with family's support . (Dunno if there'll be some incest there )
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-04, 20:09   Link #318
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Well we could talk about how she is the Normal Queen .

Talk about getting extreme with taking option number 3 . I think 2 is a bit more diplomatic.
Old 2010-10-04, 20:12   Link #319
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Sho- View Post
Ow lol that was totally hilarious specially the last part with the eroge , he kicked out of the bed the lil sister Nice anime with family's support . (Dunno if there'll be some incest there )
There was a post on 2channel saying that in real life, of course a brother would kick his sister out of the bed. (That's the difference between 2D and 3D, lol.)

I can't see any possibility of incest in this show. I expect to see a good sibling relationship evolving.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-04, 20:13   Link #320
ion475
にこにこにー

Spoiler for OreImo:

Quote:
Normal girls ftw. =3

FUTSUU POWER!
Ayumu/Hamster is still my choice for a normal girl (twin tail XD...), but then that's b/c I'm not
Spoiler:
ion475 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, shounen