AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Steins;Gate

Notices

View Poll Results: Steins;Gate - Episode 22 Rating
Perfect 10 146 81.11%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 27 15.00%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 3 1.67%
7 out of 10 : Good 2 1.11%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 0.56%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 0.56%
Voters: 180. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2011-08-30, 19:52   Link #61
Mentar
Banned

One of the rare 10s that I draw... very touching.

I was dreading this "choose between Chris and Mayuri" outcome, because it was so obvious right from the beginning AND so typical for Nitro+... they love to force this kind of horror on their players (remember the choice between Ein and Drei from Phantom?)

But this is episode 22 of 24 - which gave me hope. It could have been an excellent final episode too... but now I'm really psyched to see if there might be a happy ending after all. Would love that.
Old 2011-08-30, 20:20   Link #62
8thSin
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by houkoholic View Post
I don't watch subs but I was curious so I checked it out - the subs were pretty terrible. Kurisu's monologue on the platform was also worded pretty poorly (私にはその辛さいってほしい into "I'm glad you have these pains" is just wrong). But OTOH not surprising of the poor word/editing for someone who still translate ジュース literally as juice, especially in the context of the show ("when you [Okabe] drink juice" it's like the translator never watched the show)
The first line was 「私にはその辛さが愛しい」
Maybe "I'm relieved the pain will stay with you" or something would be clearer, but "I'm glad you have these pains" is a valid translation...

I see nothing wrong with 「ジュース」= "juice" in most cases, but yeah, I missed that mistake. It was significant in that he drank vegetable juice as a compromise for Dr. Pepper, plus it was a bottle. The translator probably didn't see that episode

CR subs are still passing grade for me though. No one's perfect.
It's just that recent episodes haven't been as good as the first half, and I can't stand it when important lines aren't translated to perfection.
Old 2011-08-30, 20:21   Link #63
Pebamama

Awesome episode.
By the way , WW3 .? Wuuut?
how will he stop WW3?
Old 2011-08-30, 20:26   Link #64
Crontica

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pebamama View Post
Awesome episode.
By the way , WW2 .? Wuuut?
how will he stop WW2?
It's World War III, which ironically was partly caused by the Arab Revolution.
Old 2011-08-30, 20:31   Link #65
Riga92
The Spear of Destiny

^ What's pretty cool is that John Titor irl predicted about World War 3 happening in 2015. I like how Steins;Gate is loosely based on the legend of John Titor.
Old 2011-08-30, 20:38   Link #66
Eater of All
NOM

What a twist!

But yeah, it was definitely a sad episode. Kurisu is becoming one of my favorite female characters of the year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saturn Beaver View Post
In other words - the fate of the story is to initially have an Beta timeline, which will definitely be changed due to Okabe (which both Suzuha and SERN already knows?) into the Alpha timeline where SERN rules. Suzuha's plan was to secure the IBN in order not to make sure that the timeline stays Beta, but to make sure that Okabe can change things back to Beta.
Hm, I don't think that's likely. It's impossible for someone in the beta timeline to know what happened in the alpha timeline unless they have Reading Steiner. In fact, they wouldn't know when Okabe ever went to alpha and when he returned.

Unless the Okabe in 2036 also went through what the current Okabe has experienced... in which case, all these beta/alpha wordlines in the end simply form one stable, consistent timeline (in terms of events logged, not just from Okabe's POW either).
Old 2011-08-30, 21:12   Link #67
houkoholic
seiyuu maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8thSin View Post
The first line was 「私にはその辛さが愛しい」
Maybe "I'm relieved the pain will stay with you" or something would be clearer, but "I'm glad you have these pains" is a valid translation...
I keep thinking I'm hearing more syllables than いとしい, turns out there's also いとおしい in the dictionary which is what threw me off. So I guess the translation works.
Old 2011-08-30, 21:16   Link #68
Essa Maneira
Tsukiko! ♥

great episode, with a great story which is a bit sad tone...
what a great twist that he come back to the beta world line with a new mission from suzuha...
Goodbye Kurisu.... for now.

rating for this episode: 10/10...

HALA MADRID!
Old 2011-08-30, 21:22   Link #69
karuroso

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saturn Beaver View Post
I think this is something not present in either Alpha or Beta, so could this be a Gamma timeline? What exactly caused this line, and how much does it affect things? What must Okabe do to prevent this, and how will it cause a stable time loop this time? Does this mean that there's hope that Kurisu's fate isn't immutable this time, that she can be saved (God, I really hope so)? Two episodes left, I really hope there's enough time to answer all these questions...
I think Suzuha said through text about some major events like WWIII to convince Okabe that she's from the future ( I can't remember when exactly)

and this ep also raised some questions to me, like why Kurisu rushed way back to lab? and what was she exactly trying to say? and also at the beta time line Mayuri seemed to know everything that happened before, just why she seems to know?
Old 2011-08-30, 21:29   Link #70
Player
Sorcerer of Awesome

Send a message via MSN to Player
Quote:
Originally Posted by karuroso View Post
and this ep also raised some questions to me, like why Kurisu rushed way back to lab? and what was she exactly trying to say? and also at the beta time line Mayuri seemed to know everything that happened before, just why she seems to know?
She was basically going to say "I love you too."
Old 2011-08-30, 21:37   Link #71
Wandering_Youth
lost in wonder forever...

Wow, I feel bad for Okarin. He finally just ended everything with a heavy heart and now Time comes back knocking on his door saying, "We're back!".
Old 2011-08-30, 21:42   Link #72
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Send a message via AIM to RadiantBeam
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wandering_Youth View Post
Wow, I feel bad for Okarin. He finally just ended everything with a heavy heart and now Time comes back knocking on his door saying, "We're back!".
It might be a blessing in disguise, though. If the events of WWIII are somehow linked to whatever killed Kurisu, Okabe could use that to save her and shift over to another world line where both she and Mayuri live.
Old 2011-08-30, 21:47   Link #73
Knightrunner

Quote:
Originally Posted by RadiantBeam View Post
It might be a blessing in disguise, though. If the events of WWIII are somehow linked to whatever killed Kurisu, Okabe could use that to save her and shift over to another world line where both she and Mayuri live.
I totally agree. This could explain the scream that we heard in the first episode too. We know the Part-Time Soldier in there so that means Okabe will make it to that building.

Seems like Kurisu going to live because she was about to tell Okabe something with a smile.
Old 2011-08-30, 21:56   Link #74
karuroso

Quote:
Originally Posted by Player View Post
She was basically going to say "I love you too."
I think it would rather strange if it was just that, judging by the way she parted and her monologue after that...
Old 2011-08-30, 21:59   Link #75
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Send a message via AIM to RadiantBeam
Quote:
Originally Posted by karuroso View Post
I think it would rather strange if it was just that, judging by the way she parted and her monologue after that...
Would make sense, though, considering that in the actual confession scene she never put her true feelings for Okabe into words like he did for her. She probably figured this would be the last true chance she had to tell him before the timeline reset.
Old 2011-08-30, 22:20   Link #76
karuroso

Quote:
Originally Posted by RadiantBeam View Post
Would make sense, though, considering that in the actual confession scene she never put her true feelings for Okabe into words like he did for her. She probably figured this would be the last true chance she had to tell him before the timeline reset.
yeah true =~ and now after rewatching that scene I think was just that

#23 preview
http://www.youtube.com/user/SGTVanime <- first video in this channel ( the video isn't listed and I don't know how to post one like this)

Spoiler:
Old 2011-08-30, 23:24   Link #77
Leo_Otaku
Rewrite of the Life

Send a message via AIM to Leo_Otaku Send a message via MSN to Leo_Otaku
I was super shocked!! I was like um that is a silly way to end it...that could have ended better...and was like 0-O wtf...
Old 2011-08-30, 23:27   Link #78
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
So we're stuck between WW3 and a Dystopia? Geeze it just gets better for Okabe. Of course really it was about saving Mayuri or Kurisu. Hopefully the appearance of Suzuha is going to lead to a third option that's desperately needed. Not sure what Okabe can do since the Microwave Phone has been thrown away though if Suzuha is coming back then it means they'll have a time machine to work with.

Definitely a great episode though. Hugely emotional and the moments with Okabe and Kurisu were all just great. Glad Okabe came out with his feelings. Of course he knew there wasn't any other time to since Kurisu wouldn't be there to tell later. While she couldn't easily verbalize her feelings they were clear enough. Figures she'd get cut off after barging into the lab to make sure she said it.

This episode was worth the 10.
Old 2011-08-30, 23:50   Link #79
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Probably the best anime episode I've watched all year. And it's been a very strong year.

Extremely rewarding and heartfelt romantic scenes that admirably felt in-character. Shifting two main cast characters from friends to a believable romance without harming characterization is often not easy, but this anime did it flawlessly, especially with this episode.

Perfect drama this episode. Absolutely perfect. Particularly with Okabe fusing his personas together to give us his true self: The charismatic ham of the "Mad Scientist" and the raw real emotion of his more normal side, brought together as he dramatically "declares victory" while in great emotional pain.

Outstanding cliffhanger end.

10/10
Old 2011-08-31, 00:08   Link #80
matapat

Excellent episode with the climax of Okabe & Kurisu's relationship really paying off and hitting a strong emotional crescendo. That honestly has to be one of the most real and fulfilling anime relationships I've seen in years, and this isn't even a romance series.

Even though I knew this series would go at least 24 episodes they really had me briefly at the end there with the fake-out conclusion, truly a masterfully paced episode. I hope that excellent pacing holds together for the finale, if the true end is as epic as everyone says it is I hope 2 episodes can handle it.
Closed Thread