AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2012-08-07, 00:59   Link #101
Kirito
Enjoying Snack Time!

Send a message via MSN to Kirito
Crap you beat me to it...oh well. You got to love the anime color scheme reference for the characters in this game. Sucks that Orie was only used once, but those Suigintou colors she has are pure win. They changed the first announcer (male) to a female announcer now, and the original characters themes are remixed it seems. Oh well, this game still continues to be impressive as always.
Old 2012-08-07, 04:23   Link #102
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Is it me, or there are really low in number of anti-air option? I keep seeing people approach through jumping in.
Old 2012-08-07, 12:55   Link #103
Asuras
Dictadere~!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirito View Post
Crap you beat me to it...oh well. You got to love the anime color scheme reference for the characters in this game. Sucks that Orie was only used once, but those Suigintou colors she has are pure win. They changed the first announcer (male) to a female announcer now, and the original characters themes are remixed it seems. Oh well, this game still continues to be impressive as always.
Yea I think I saw Linne mirroring Sen Yarizui from Ben-to during her match against Seth.
Old 2012-08-07, 16:51   Link #104
Kirito
Enjoying Snack Time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asuras View Post
Yea I think I saw Linne mirroring Sen Yarizui from Ben-to during her match against Seth.
I totally noticed the Ben-To colors. I also saw Suigintou colors for Orie, Madoka Kaname for Vatista, and Sayaka Miki colors for Yuzuriha in the mix.

Last edited by Kirito; 2012-08-24 at 20:04.
Kirito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-07, 17:44   Link #105
Shadow5YA

I noticed that only Yuzuriha has some weird ABC thing under her health bar. Why is that?
Shadow5YA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-10, 12:58   Link #106
Kirito
Enjoying Snack Time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
I noticed that only Yuzuriha has some weird ABC thing under her health bar. Why is that?
After watching videos of Yuzuhira I think I have an idea why those ABC tokens are there. I think it has to do with her Iaido ability and when you're in a sword stance, depending on the button you press the sword slash can go in unpredictable directions and can react with a dash and continue a combo. So it's techincally a long range poking and punishing tool, but can be tricky to counter or block if used correctly. It's to early to tell, but that's what I can come up with for now. So is that reasonable?
Old 2012-08-24, 11:17   Link #107
Kirito
Enjoying Snack Time!

Alright, I'm back with another update. Here are new videos featuring the current 10 released characters, but with clear and beautiful gameplay. No commentator voices, no shaky camera, just clear beautiful gameplay demonstrations with voices and character BGM's in the mix. These vids are similar to the early character release demonstrations, but longer and with voices etc. Well I hope you'll all enjoy what you're about to see, this game is looking more better by each release, at least to me.

Sept 20 is the official Japanese arcade release, interesting. It'll be interesting to see what the pros or regular arcade attendees will come up with regarding each character.

Spoiler for Character Updates:

So signs of Hilda yet... weird since the game is getting close to its release in actual arcades, and the other characters have had their initial releases. I'll look into that, but that's all I have at the moment and if there's any news or any new gameplay footage I'll let you all know. Dwarven Vow #10: Play well, play lots!
Old 2012-08-24, 11:57   Link #108
Xefi
癸亥 (guǐhài)
*Graphic Designer

^ just curious Kirito. how are you planning to play this game? in the arcade @ Japan?
i like the art style of this game. gonna check out the videos later @ home. i dont go out to
the arcade at all. i guess i'll just sit back and watch some videos instead....lol.
Old 2012-08-24, 15:36   Link #109
heavenwargod
あやちのナンバーワンファンです!

More than half of the cast is obvious, but I can't make anything out of Merkava's voice. They want people to make guesses for the cast but what's with that? >.>

Vatista's voice could be voiced by almost anyone lol.

Anyway, the contest is over, and they said they'll be announcing the full cast list end-August. I envy whoever gets that full cast illustration.
Old 2012-08-24, 19:59   Link #110
Kirito
Enjoying Snack Time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xefi View Post
^ just curious Kirito. how are you planning to play this game? in the arcade @ Japan?
i like the art style of this game. gonna check out the videos later @ home. i dont go out to
the arcade at all. i guess i'll just sit back and watch some videos instead....lol.
I'm just waiting for actual news that this game will get localized after people the initial arcade release and the popularity and demand for the this game get high. I'm still hoping that Arc System Works will pick this game up since they're behind the Guilty Gear and Blazblue series, and might I add Persona 4 Arena (the combat aspect of it). Their combat system mechanics are really fun and unique, at least to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kayos View Post
You can definitely expect it to come out on either PC or PS3 or both.

Well it is being build on a PC more than likely. And they need to increase their profit and fanbase by making it purchasable.

I'm silently very hyped for this game, would love to hear a console port announcement soon.
Like Arcana Heart 3 which was a PS3 download only, I wonder if the game will follow that example as well. I'm really hype for this game myself, but I wish they didn't dumb down Orie's and Linne's theme music a bit. If you listened to them in the earlier videos you'll see my point. I don't have a problem with them, but I wish they stuck with the original themes from the earlier beta presentations of this game.
Old 2012-08-24, 20:19   Link #111
Shadow5YA

Quote:
I'm just waiting for actual news that this game will get localized after people the initial arcade release and the popularity and demand for the this game get high. I'm still hoping that Arc System Works will pick this game up since they're behind the Guilty Gear and Blazblue series, and might I add Persona 4 Arena (the combat aspect of it). Their combat system mechanics are really fun and unique, at least to me.
Arc System Works only localized the fighting games they developed themselves to my knowledge. Guilty Gear and BlazBlue were both theirs from scratch.

I have my doubts whether they would localize another fighting game developer's work.
Old 2012-08-24, 20:34   Link #112
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by kayos View Post
You can definitely expect it to come out on either PC or PS3 or both.

Well it is being build on a PC more than likely. And they need to increase their profit and fanbase by making it purchasable.

I'm silently very hyped for this game, would love to hear a console port announcement soon.
Better PSP or PS3....fighting games suck on keyboard.
Old 2012-08-24, 20:41   Link #113
Tokkan

Send a message via MSN to Tokkan
Quote:
I'm still hoping that Arc System Works will pick this game up since they're behind the Guilty Gear and Blazblue series, and might I add Persona 4 Arena (the combat aspect of it). Their combat system mechanics are really fun and unique, at least to me.
Quote:
Arc System Works only localized the fighting games they developed themselves to my knowledge. Guilty Gear and BlazBlue were both theirs from scratch.

Arc System Works don't localise games for foreign audiences, BlazBlue and (post-AC) Guilty Gear were localised/published in North America by Aksys Games. Aksys and Arc System Works are 2 entirely separate companies who happen to share a partnership, the similar names are purely coincidental.
Tokkan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-24, 23:32   Link #114
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
If you have a PS3 controller, you can just use DS3 tool to play it on PC.
Old 2012-08-25, 10:36   Link #115
Shadow5YA

Can someone explain to me how the GRD system works?
Old 2012-08-25, 11:31   Link #116
Kirito
Enjoying Snack Time!

Quote:
Can someone explain to me how the GRD system works?
Here's what I found out:

Each match begins with both players with 0 GRD. Everyone has six stocks of GRD that fills up overtime or they can fill up themselves in other ways. With each new stock their defense/offense are increased. GRD is also slowly filled when your attacking but decreases while your being attacked. GRD does not carry onto the next round.

I think there's more to this but that's all I know at the moment.
Old 2012-08-25, 11:47   Link #117
GabrieliosP
黄金の魔女 Golden Witch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
I prefer PC. Don't have money for these fancy consoles and I own a gamepad.

Anyway, these vid look very neat. If I ever get my hands on this game, I'll try maining either Hyde, Linne or Seth.
GabrieliosP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-26, 21:01   Link #118
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Here's what I found out:

Each match begins with both players with 0 GRD. Everyone has six stocks of GRD that fills up overtime or they can fill up themselves in other ways. With each new stock their defense/offense are increased. GRD is also slowly filled when your attacking but decreases while your being attacked. GRD does not carry onto the next round.

I think there's more to this but that's all I know at the moment.
I know that much, but I was wondering about other things, like GRD Vorpal and Chain Shift. There were also times where one player's GRD went past the centerpoint dividing them and into the other person's GRD meter, and other times where the opponent's GRD meter was broken.
Old 2012-09-04, 12:55   Link #119
Kirito
Enjoying Snack Time!

I'm back with another update. Here's the list of VA for the game.

Spoiler for UNIB Character Seiyuu's:

Sorry about that Shadow5YA. To answer all your questions, I hope, here's what I've found regarding the systems and other things you and I'm sure many others are curious about.

Spoiler for UNIB In-depth Game System:

Well that's all I have for now, and like always if there's any new news or updates regarding this game, you'll all be the first to know. So until then, until then.
Old 2012-09-07, 18:21   Link #120
Asuras
Dictadere~!

Quote:
Kiuchi Hidenobu
That's Hei's voice?