AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Claymore

Notices

Old 2010-11-10, 08:04   Link #15161
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker

What a great collection of images!

I'm not familiar with this artist, but I am now; my favorite is definitely that Miria one; the expression on her face is great, even if that was her death

My only complaint is the resolution; they have to be bigger then that somehow, they are just too small

Last edited by Shiek927; 2010-11-10 at 08:18.
Shiek927 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-10, 11:24   Link #15162
Ryus
The One Eyed King

Quote:
Originally Posted by warrior View Post
and more

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiek927 View Post
What a great collection of images!

I'm not familiar with this artist, but I am now; my favorite is definitely that Miria one; the expression on her face is great, even if that was her death

My only complaint is the resolution; they have to be bigger then that somehow, they are just too small
Yeah, I gotta ask warrior who is the artist of those. I need a name to associate with the art since I'm loving these pics. (agree about the Miria pic in all regards, it maybe her "death" pic but honestly it looks like she's asking one to bed her )

Oh better yet the address you found them on so I can tell the artists directly how much I love those pics directly. Oh and request a Raphaela and Luciela pic... (so sue, me I'm a fan of those two... and I'm sure others have there own requests they'd like to ask the artist to make... like Jean, Teresa, or Ophelia). All artists love to here compliments and critiques (just depends on the type of person they are which they'd prefer more) Better yet, maybe the artist could Join AS and we could talk to the artist every day

(enjoy the cookie I sent your way)
Old 2010-11-10, 11:47   Link #15163
Ryus
The One Eyed King

Was exploring the depths of the image thread here and stumbled upon this pic but it annoyingly had the wrong eye color. The hair part and outfit are wrong for it to likely be Clare but for some reason I still had to make it Clare.

Spoiler for Old pic with wrong eye color:

So I gave it a quick fix in photoshop to make give her gold eyes.

Spoiler for Fixed eye color:

EDIT:
Spoiler for OK the gold eyes and smile together weren't working for me so I "fixed" it again...:

Last edited by Ryus; 2010-11-10 at 12:11.
Ryus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-10, 12:13   Link #15164
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker

Ryus.....that picture isn't from Claymore at all; that's Arcueid Brunstud from Tsukihime
Old 2010-11-10, 12:14   Link #15165
Ryus
The One Eyed King

Quote:
Ryus.....that picture isn't from Claymore at all; that's Arcueid Brunstud from Tsukihime
don't care
(the person who posted it didn't say what it was from either, so how was I to know)
Old 2010-11-10, 12:14   Link #15166
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryus View Post
don't care
Heh, I just read your post more carefully where you said that; at least you understand

That said, my favorite is the original Red Eyes; she also looks way prettier then Claire in my opinion, and is overall much better then her, though this is bound to get me some insults
Old 2010-11-10, 12:16   Link #15167
Ryus
The One Eyed King

Quote:
Heh, I just read your post more carefully where you said that; at least you understand

That said, my favorite is the original Red Eyes; she also looks way prettier then Claire in my opinion, and is overall much better then her, though this is bound to get me some insults
I was just really bored and felt like doing something quick in photoshop... that happened to be the first thing I saw.

BTW... you like loli's... so there's just no counting for some peoples tastes. Clare is hotter, she just needs to smile more.
Old 2010-11-10, 12:23   Link #15168
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker

Quote:
I was just really bored and felt like doing something quick in photoshop... that happened to be the first thing I saw.

BTW... you like loli's... so there's just no counting for some peoples tastes. Clare is hotter, she just needs to smile more.
Maybe it's the slightly longer hair that I like....Arcueid also has, all around, a very perky sunny child-like personality....ehh, their are too many differences; no point on comparing . She could easily trump any character in Claymore without breaking a sweat for one . She's also a vampire which explains the eyes.

Alright back on topic...
Old 2010-11-10, 12:32   Link #15169
Ryus
The One Eyed King

Quote:
Maybe it's the slightly longer hair that I like....Arcueid also has, all around, a very perky sunny child-like personality....ehh, their are too many differences; no point on comparing . She could easily trump any character in Claymore without breaking a sweat for one . She's also a vampire which explains the eyes.

Alright back on topic...
Just googled the anime only to find out I watched it like only a year ago (even own the series on dvd) (I'm bad with Japanese names spelled out, I really have to hear them )

Anyways... the girl dies at the end from being even more stupid than Miria... In fact I thought she was so weak that Clarice has a 50/50 shot against her, maybe I'm giving Clarice too much credit but Arcueid is pathetic against the current powers in Claymore and she was at the top of her game in the anime. And she does have a Claymore counterpart since her personality is kinda like Cynthia since in a sense both wanted to die and they threw a mask of being happy on to disguise it from the world. That anime isn't one that goes all out in the power department so your argument is moot since Claymore has Teresa (and Priscilla and The Destroyer (good luck slicing either of them up enough to win Arcueid )).
Old 2010-11-10, 12:47   Link #15170
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker

I still regularly read the manga, at least when it finally gets updated (their's really only one single person who does it, and he basically scans whenever he feels like it -_-); in short and summation, it's just like how Claymore was where the anime, all things considered, is better off ignored and pretending how it doesn't exist .

Believe me, her will is as all-powerful as her strength which is pretty much godlike; I wouldn't say she was at the top of her game during the story since she was weak, and the majority of the strength she had left was to inhibit her own natural vampiric impulses, though what she had left was, alone, enough to pretty much crush beings that can basically manipulate reality. I love the relationship between her and Shiki, the main male(human and utterly ordinary except for his power), because it's so much like Raki and Priscilla; one ordinary in just about every way, the other the complete opposite really; the former trying to instill and give humanity and a better life to the later, who, despite the monstrous power they are capable of, are more then meets the eye.

Miria's death was her taking a chance and hoping she would succeed and survive, small as it was; Arc knew she would die from the start since that's basically what she was "designed" to do.

I suppose Cynthia would be the equivilant; some differences, but definitely the easiest comparison. The thing of it is, we see the relationship and love between her and Shiki develops as he tries to show her she could have a simple ordinary life, and her hilarious naivety to the modern age...Claymore as a whole is big on implication and for us to figure things out on our own. Nevertheless, it has a much bigger effect on us seeing what eventually makes Arc want to rest in peace with both of them just sharing memories between them (not wanting Shiki to doom himself to the pain and loneliness of immortailty, ignoring his pleas for her to draw his blood) as she finally passes on, rather then just hearing Cynthia all of a sudden reveal her guilt about Veronica. "Show", always has a much bigger effect then "tell".

The company behind the series has always been big on bittersweat romantic endings; wonder if Claymore will follow that route.

Like I said though, no sense in comparing too much; one series is big on Magic and the other has none whatsoever. That alone is enough to just let it be

(Wow, I went way into much more detail then I planned; it's one of the extremely few stories other then this one that I still regularly follow, so I can't help it . Back to Claymore images now )
Old 2010-11-10, 13:04   Link #15171
Ryus
The One Eyed King

Quote:
I still regularly read the manga, at least when it finally gets updated (their's really only one single person who does it, and he basically scans whenever he feels like it -_-); in short and summation, it's just like how Claymore was where the anime, all things considered, is better off ignored and pretending how it doesn't exist .

Believe me, her will is as all-powerful as her strength which is pretty much godlike; I wouldn't say she was at the top of her game during the story since she was weak, and the majority of the strength she had left was to inhibit her own natural vampiric impulses, though what she had left was, alone, enough to pretty much crush beings that can basically manipulate reality. I love the relationship between her and Shiki, the main male(human and utterly ordinary except for his power), because it's so much like Raki and Priscilla; one ordinary in just about every way, the other the complete opposite really; the former trying to instill and give humanity and a better life to the later, who, despite the monstrous power they are capable of, are more then meets the eye.

I suppose Cynthia would be the equivilant; some differences, but definitely the easiest comparison. The thing of it is, we see the relationship and love between her and Shiki develops as he tries to show her she could have a simple ordinary life, and her hilarious naivety to the modern age...Claymore as a whole is big on implication and for us to figure things out on our own. Nevertheless, it has a much bigger effect on us seeing what eventually makes Arc want to rest in peace with both of them just sharing memories between them (not wanting Shiki to doom himself to the pain and loneliness of immortailty, ignoring his pleas for her to draw his blood) as she finally passes on, rather then just hearing Cynthia all of a sudden reveal her guilt about Veronica. "Show", always has a much bigger effect then "tell".

The company behind the series has always been big on bittersweat romantic endings; wonder if Claymore will follow that route.

Like I said though, no sense in comparing too much; one series is big on Magic and the other has none whatsoever. That alone is enough to just let it be

(Wow, I went way into much more detail then I planned; it's one of the extremely few stories other then this one that I still regularly follow, so I can't help it . Back to Claymore images now )
Ok only seen the anime... I would say that in the series she was as tough as they come (though she was weak at the time since the guy stole some of her power... [sneeze]bleach[sneeze]) and she was slowly regaining it. In a sense you are right her will was like god if she wanted it dead it died because in her series she was the strongest by a long shot. However if you actually compare what powers she had and the damage done the best she did was blow out windows in a small radius You want god like powers check of Griffith in Berserk not Arcueid Brunstud from Tsukihime. He's bloodly remade reality in the series to be more to his desire... Arcueid on the other hand karate chops people and cuts kills them and any yoma could quite close to that level of power in Claymore. I don't even recall her being especially fast nor having any other form of attack but I'll admit I only watched the series once and haven't thought much about it since so maybe I'm not recalling some "god-like" power but even with the "magic" she's nothing special compared to some of the other series I've watched/read. All she is is the top of her game in her series and that doesn't make one special, hell i could see Naruto kicking her ass and that series isn't one for mega power levels either just flashy moves.

getting off topic... we should end this
Old 2010-11-10, 14:45   Link #15172
FormerAbyssalone
Guts=badass

Send a message via Yahoo to FormerAbyssalone
Wow, way to go peoples this thread is WwwWWWAAaaaAAYYYyyyYYY off topic!
FormerAbyssalone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-10, 15:08   Link #15173
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by FormerAbyssalone View Post
Wow, way to go peoples this thread is WwwWWWAAaaaAAYYYyyyYYY off topic!
You mind telling me when it ever isn't?
Old 2010-11-10, 16:14   Link #15174
Ryus
The One Eyed King

Quote:
You mind telling me when it ever isn't?
... When DeadGuyKai says "Less talk, More Pics"
Old 2010-11-10, 16:43   Link #15175
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker

Quote:
... When DeadGuyKai says "Less talk, More Pics"
Roflmao, he rarely if ever talks; I remember telling him once to stop acting like he's one of the Mods or something
Old 2010-11-10, 17:03   Link #15176
MisterJB
Warden of the West

Old 2010-11-10, 17:06   Link #15177
Ryus
The One Eyed King

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterJB View Post
Spoiler for pics:
Old 2010-11-10, 19:10   Link #15178
Jean Claymore
Former #9