Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2004-05-19, 21:55   Link #41
Lord Raiden
Uber Coffee for da win!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Paper
Geneon announced both Samurai Champloo and R.O.D. -The TV- at the same time.
Geneon eh? Well, there's at least some hope for the R1 dvd's then.
Lord Raiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-19, 22:22   Link #42
Lunchboxx

Send a message via AIM to Lunchboxx Send a message via MSN to Lunchboxx Send a message via Yahoo to Lunchboxx
Ive bin anticipating this show, I found this on 4chan and I was suprised, I don't know much about it but I didn't expect there to be fanservice like this....

That just looks really wierd and stupid.
Lunchboxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-19, 22:25   Link #43
silentpixel
Champloo Addict

Send a message via AIM to silentpixel Send a message via MSN to silentpixel
whoa i wasnt expecting fanservice either. doesnt look gross to me though. Guess because ive seen to many boobs in my life
silentpixel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-19, 22:35   Link #44
Lunchboxx

Send a message via AIM to Lunchboxx Send a message via MSN to Lunchboxx Send a message via Yahoo to Lunchboxx
Yeah I realize gross wasnt' the right word to describe them...the way there moving is just really...wierd..
Lunchboxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-19, 22:48   Link #45
Yebyosh
冤枉的小狗

Perhaps Fuu suffers from self-image issues

Looks like she's been stuffing water balloons instead of tissues in her bra!
Yebyosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-20, 02:23   Link #46
Lord Raiden
Uber Coffee for da win!

HAHAHA. Ok, I'm hurting now from laughing at that. But seriously, I do hope they don't go into a lot of fanservice (enchi) on this. That'd totally ruin this anime for me. I'm hoping for a period style a** kicking samurai/ninja series. Not some "I got a sword and no pants on" fanservice enchi wannabe show. Boy, this "sneak peak" just dropped my expectations for this anime quite a few points.
Old 2004-05-20, 02:29   Link #47
MasterFuu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deralti
Fuu scares me, the same with that guy's avatar.

heh, ok. Hip Hop and samurai . I hope they make it right and don't mess up this cool idea.
MasterFuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-20, 03:36   Link #48
Jenichan
私のシモベ!

Send a message via AIM to Jenichan
actually those "boobs" aren't really boobs, look here:

Last edited by Jenichan; 2004-05-20 at 04:05.
Jenichan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-20, 04:42   Link #49
Spooky-Electric

^ LOL! People got all worked up over nothing.
Spooky-Electric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-20, 05:32   Link #50
skunkworks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunchboxx
Ive bin anticipating this show, I found this on 4chan and I was suprised, I don't know much about it but I didn't expect there to be fanservice like this....

That just looks really wierd and stupid.

Don't be so quick to judge...heheh.

Anyways, I just watched the RAW. This series is going to be very kick-ass. I absolutely loved the first episode.
skunkworks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-20, 05:46   Link #51
Yakuza

I've been a diehard fan of Shinichiro Watanabe ever since Cowboy Bebop, and I've been salivating over the prospects of Samurai Champloo for the last 5 years. Finally I get to watch it, and its asbolutely amazing.

This is one of the most beautiful, stylish, and well animated series I've ever seen. My faith has been restored. The first episode is a work of art, In its own right. I'm really, really glad I had faith in Mr. Watanabe. Every episode of this is going to be like an orgasm of sight and sound, I can feel it. The voice acting is fantastic, except for Mugen, who I think is voiced by the guy that does Zoro in One Piece (not sure of that), and the voice doesn't really the fit the character at the moment. I'm sure I'll learn to love it, tho. Also, the voice actors are all individuals I've heard before, although I can't place them very well offhand. I think Fuu is whats her name, the main character from Chrno Crusade. I can't back that up, however.

Anyway, the point is its really an amazing production, everyone should download the RAW just for the hell of it.
Yakuza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-20, 06:13   Link #52
Spooky-Electric

Wow, I just watched the raw.. amazing. Ton of style. This series will not let down, IMO.

And yeah I did recognize the voice of Zoro from One Piece. That's going to feel weird simply because I will always think of that voice as Zoro.
Spooky-Electric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-20, 06:25   Link #53
skunkworks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yakuza
I've been a diehard fan of Shinichiro Watanabe ever since Cowboy Bebop, and I've been salivating over the prospects of Samurai Champloo for the last 5 years. Finally I get to watch it, and its asbolutely amazing.

This is one of the most beautiful, stylish, and well animated series I've ever seen. My faith has been restored. The first episode is a work of art, In its own right. I'm really, really glad I had faith in Mr. Watanabe. Every episode of this is going to be like an orgasm of sight and sound, I can feel it. The voice acting is fantastic, except for Mugen, who I think is voiced by the guy that does Zoro in One Piece (not sure of that), and the voice doesn't really the fit the character at the moment. I'm sure I'll learn to love it, tho. Also, the voice actors are all individuals I've heard before, although I can't place them very well offhand. I think Fuu is whats her name, the main character from Chrno Crusade. I can't back that up, however.

Anyway, the point is its really an amazing production, everyone should download the RAW just for the hell of it.
I completely agree. About Mugen's voice - at first the voice did sound a bit goofy, but I slowly got used to the cocky and overbearing, yet surprisingly likable voice.

I'm almost tempted to say that this series is essentially on par with Bebop, but I guess that would be too hasty of a judgement. Either way, the first episode was slick as hell.
Old 2004-05-20, 06:39   Link #54
Yakuza

Quote:
Originally Posted by skunkworks
I completely agree. About Mugen's voice - at first the voice did sound a bit goofy, but I slowly got used to the cocky and overbearing, yet surprisingly likable voice.

I'm almost tempted to say that this series is essentially on par with Bebop, but I guess that would be too hasty of a judgement. Either way, the first episode was slick as hell.
At the moment I'm thinking that Samurai Champloo is as good as, if not better than, Bebop. That's pretty iffy, however. The animation is certainly better, at any rate. I love the character design of both, and Spike and Mugen probably look similar purposely. I'd bet a lot on that. I've always considered Bebop as being the best anime series I've ever seen, but Champloo might just oust it from that position.

I am Watanabe's most loyal and willing bitch.
Yakuza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-20, 07:05   Link #55
skunkworks

I didn't expect this series to be so damn good. I love having an anime series of this caliber to watch for a while.
Old 2004-05-20, 07:30   Link #56
Melazoma

Send a message via AIM to Melazoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by LynnieS
May 20th on local (Japan) time.
Ah... a lot of good things happen on my 21st Birthday--Samurai Champloo Premiere, Taiwanese Presidential Inauguration...

No seriously though--I've actually decided, in light of this pre-license deal--to deal with it, so to speak I'm not even gonna touch the raws--since the license has been snatched early, US release plans should be much more developed than, say, a series licensed midway or just finished. R-1 DVDs should be--or so I'm hoping-- forthcoming after 7-10 Episodes. Well here's to hope and a happy birthday to me--I'm gonna go have a drink legally
Melazoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-20, 08:22   Link #57
silentpixel
Champloo Addict

Send a message via AIM to silentpixel Send a message via MSN to silentpixel
I seen it....LOVED IT! whoa it has ton of style. Mujen and Jin are badasses. Great first episode.

Last edited by silentpixel; 2004-05-20 at 09:14.
silentpixel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-20, 09:02   Link #58
Lord Raiden
Uber Coffee for da win!

hehe. I got suckered. No fanservice. Wee!! I'm happy!! Oh well, if the show is as good as you guys are saying it is via the raw, then I'm stoked once again. hehe.
Old 2004-05-20, 12:51   Link #59
monir
cho~ kakkoii

I don't usually watch RAW but with all the anticipation by so many fans for this seiries upcoming release made me a bit curious. So with two finals looming over my head in four hours, I decided to watch the first episode.

Let just say I coudn't stop laughing. The Opening theme is a Hip-hop. The episode ends with "The End" and after a brief pause the word "Psyche" comes up and the word "to be continued" follows. I saw the RAW by WGR. The change of scenes in different events take place unexpectedly as the "DJ mingles the scenes". (watch it too understand). Fights are brief and violent, i.e. chopping of hands. There are jiggling of boobs that is turned out to be "fireworks" as demonstrated in the screen shot above. The style of the artwork is my favorite because of its "dark-moody" appearance.

One last thing that needs to be mentioned. All the Zoro fans (One Piece) should be pleased to hear that the Mugen's voice acting has been done by the same guy who is doing Zoro's voice acting. Mugen is also portrayed as a bad ass. He is the one who chops off a hand from the albow. Got your attention yet?

Nothing more to add aside from the fact that the first couple of episodes do not speak volume for the whole series. Tenjou Tenge is one good example. I will continue to watch Samurai Champloo until turns out like TT. Good day!
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-20, 16:09   Link #60
Autumn

I just watched the raw....dont understand a thing they said, but it seems pretty good. The style of the anime is very cool. And the show is funny, the girl is especially hilarious to watch.
Autumn is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, historical