AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Fan Creations

Notices

Old 2006-03-01, 10:59   Link #1
Cloudkiller1
Spina~

Ever thought of creating your own manga?

Well, I'm in progress of creating one at the moment. And if so, what inspired you to do so? And what is your reason for creating one? Money? Fame? Me personally did it because I thought I would like my artwork to be known.
Cloudkiller1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-01, 21:52   Link #2
chison
GSNMaSter
*Artist

i'm just in the @show my work@ stats
one things important.there is load of small things get me to draw...i love some manga's art,and want to get into the world of manga's art?
(maybe I Admires those manga artist and wanna works like them )
(or maybe to Surmounting them)
(maybe i feels that im interest in the story and wanna create my own)
(maybe i try to prove my skill to someone)
(maybe i try to tell what i believes in...)
(Publication faith)
(maybe i am believeing a "manga" is more needed for the market...other then the disney western style...which you'll never gets to works with them)

etcetc....but sometime someone just don't Respect me my draft as a self-stud of manga and animtions freelance...*_*which "you" might not have meet them yet!

(maybe maybe i just want them to Respect me more and more ....as "a believe of one type of professional"...as "a manga fan"...as "an artist")

however...i still have not got enought 50%up Self-confidence to draw a manga...lol..

fighto to you
chison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-02, 08:17   Link #3
Cloudkiller1
Spina~

Damn right! It's time for the Revolution! Aoie_Emesai or whoever, join me with the ranks of the dead!! Step up and take up a stand!! As a progress statement, I'm almost done with the draft.
Old 2006-03-02, 08:29   Link #4
Chiibi
Vanitas owns you >:3

Send a message via AIM to Chiibi Send a message via MSN to Chiibi
Absolutely. And I do it because I love doing it. That's the only reason.
I'm working on two drafts right now. I can barely go through a day without picking up a pencil.

I had one hosted on Drunk Duck but I got sick of the server crashing so I left. And I wasn't pleased with how I drew the early pages some I'm re-editing a lot of stuff.

Let me ask you: Have you ever had the impatience that you jump around and draw the most exciting parts when you think of them because you're so hyped up about it? ^^; I have this problem...especially with the most dramatic scenes or rabu-rabu scenes....
Old 2006-03-02, 14:10   Link #5
Cloudkiller1
Spina~

Not yet. But soon( well, when I think of one) . I currrently now have 3 draft in the works. One has been drawn but not finished, the other 2 are in still being written. So, do you write your drafts first or draw your characters?

Last edited by Cloudkiller1; 2006-03-02 at 14:23.
Old 2006-03-04, 18:08   Link #6
Chiibi
Vanitas owns you >:3

Send a message via AIM to Chiibi Send a message via MSN to Chiibi
The characters come to me first and then I give them a story.
Old 2006-03-04, 19:40   Link #7
EnseiSong
Clous Dolch

Doing one right now (Just started only have two pages), not my own characters though.... It's a fancomic of Mai Hime... the story is somewhat the same, but it's going to be different. If you read the first two pages, I'll know is different. The reason is because some of the backstory wasn't explained... so I'll just make up some, lol!!!

But can't wait for to see yours!!! Could you show some characters design or story?
EnseiSong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-04, 19:57   Link #8
Zentron

Send a message via AIM to Zentron Send a message via Yahoo to Zentron
Yus, and I'm currently drawing one right now, with 3 others in draft stage. Well, Manga series I should say, 'cos the first one I'm doing runs into 33 issues... for one series at least.

My first Manga is based on the old Marvel cartoon series Dungeons & Dragons, so basically a fan comic, the others are based on a few Anime ideas but never went further than just planning.

I'm not doing it for money or fame, I just want to!
Zentron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-07, 10:55   Link #9
Cloudkiller1
Spina~

Heh, cool. Mines all original or at least I thought it was. The ones I'm creating are not based off of any anime or manga. Its all original . Well, I'll try to post some later tonight(on school's cpu).

Last edited by Cloudkiller1; 2006-03-08 at 01:01.
Old 2006-03-08, 01:06   Link #10
Cloudkiller1
Spina~

Here, this is one of the main char for the 2nd one I'm working on.
This is Maryn.
Old 2006-03-11, 19:48   Link #11
Mazoku

I've been interested in making my own manga since I first starting reading manga. My art just isn't good enough yet to make the things I have in my head a reality, which is really frustrating because I have so many ideas for mangas.

This is the lead character of one idea for a manga series I have, called Seer.

Haruki Kurayami
Mazoku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-12, 01:59   Link #12
Zero Shinohara
I'll keep walking.
*Artist

Send a message via MSN to Zero Shinohara
Meh, it's been a while since I've wanted to make mine. It's been almost 7 years now that I have joined an online RPG group, and my character has grown in me after this much time. Because I think that my own personal story and his story merge together into something interesting, I've been planning on writing it for a while. Even bought a domain for it, but in the end didn't go pass episode one.
Two years later, I've picked up the project once again, and I'm finishing the first chapter. I'll now make it into a light novel, with a few illustrations in it, and maybe I'll manage to publish it into the website, finally.

Sometimes I look back and think to myself, "how the hell did I manage to screw this up?"
Zero Shinohara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-12, 02:30   Link #13
Cloudkiller1
Spina~

Quote:
I've been interested in making my own manga since I first starting reading manga. My art just isn't good enough yet to make the things I have in my head a reality, which is really frustrating because I have so many ideas for mangas.

This is the lead character of one idea for a manga series I have, called Seer.

Haruki Kurayami
http://img204.imageshack.us/my.php?image=haruki20xt.png
I assume you're gonna go for the masculine look right? well anyways.. It looks like from what you said, it should be going along just fine. Just keep practicing, I'm still just as bad as you.
Old 2006-03-23, 10:50   Link #14
malvado

my reason is the fame plus I would like to have sumthin to look back to. I wanna make a manga at least as successful as mai hime. im already workin on it.
malvado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-23, 13:09   Link #15
BaronNoir

I'm trying to do manga stuff...as a a writer. The scenario. I think I have neat ideas (or at least original ideas) but I have trouble figuring the exact level of difficulty for something graphical side...
BaronNoir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-23, 15:53   Link #16
Wolcik

Send a message via MSN to Wolcik
it's hard to start ideas are easy, the hardest thing is to start putting in to life
Old 2006-03-26, 09:23   Link #17
Love Yuui
Creator Divine

Send a message via AIM to Love Yuui
I am in the process of creating my own animated series, which is unpredictably a hefty endeavor to embark upon -- especially alone.

If I fail to get an episode out, I shall downgrade my work into a manga/comic or sorts.

Love Yuui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-27, 11:51   Link #18
Stofzuiger
Bubblewrap!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Love Yuui
I am in the process of creating my own animated series, which is unpredictably a hefty endeavor to embark upon -- especially alone.

If I fail to get an episode out, I shall downgrade my work into a manga/comic or sorts.

meh, i did some animation too, but just like you said: It requires quite a lot of effort put into it before you even see a little bit of result.
So I put the animation thing on hold for now
I still have something like 1/3rd of an Bleach ending lying around here, waiting for me to finish it.

(For those of you who wonder: it's the houki houshi ending (which had a different squad every ep) but now featuring two random shinigami I came up with)

I'd say try making a manga/comic first, and if you can succesfully do that, move on to animation
Stofzuiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-27, 12:35   Link #19
DaFool
Resident devil

Quote:
meh, i did some animation too, but just like you said: It requires quite a lot of effort put into it before you even see a little bit of result.

I'd say try making a manga/comic first, and if you can succesfully do that, move on to animation
Quote:
am in the process of creating my own animated series, which is unpredictably a hefty endeavor to embark upon -- especially alone.
The average industry 22-min animation takes about 850 man-days to complete (I actually computed it from statistics in layout through render).. and that is with the storyboards already completed. It is indeed a very humbling experience to watch a 2-minute animation piece that's featured in the festivals and read that it's a labor of love and 2-3 years in the making

I want to do my own animation too. I've considered starting out with manga, but the fact remains that I am a fan of motion picture first and foremost. I've only became a fan of manga because of the anime that were based of them. I only seek manga out of anime that I liked. Besides there are many OEL manga creators already and competition might be fierce. Still, at least the market for manga is at least 5X that for anime. I might do some manga, but animation is where I'm more comfortable.

A professional filmmaker produces films in the following milestones:

1.) 5 minutes
2.) 30 minutes
3.) 90 minutes
4.) 120 minutes

Notice that Makoto Shinkai did exactly 1, 2, and 3. in that order. For live-action filmmakers, 2. might be a 50 minute documentary or something in between a short and a long film.
DaFool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-12, 23:35   Link #20
chromeknickers
Illustrious Potentate

I'd love to be patient and gifted enough to draw my own manga. Currently I'm working on a light novel and hope to commission an artist when I am done. ^_^
chromeknickers is offline   Reply With Quote