AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Umineko

Notices

Old 2010-07-04, 19:48   Link #12761
Smeckledorf
Intellectual Rapist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marion View Post
Personally I don't see how it can be future Jessica. Only time she might have survived was EP 3, but in 1998 Ange has the head ring, so it sort of conflicts with what we already know.

I'm betting on it being a possible illegitimate child of Kinzo's or maybe new furniture. Most of the furniture wears the crest after all.
I don't know. That looks like a dead on Jessica. But we will have to see.

Edit: Where did the OP come from? and the cover?
Old 2010-07-04, 19:50   Link #12762
Halko
Golden Witch Follower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kylon99 View Post
Supposedly that is her coffin there in the church with Battler and Virgilia. In the OP sequence.

Unless...

That's... Moetrice.. Nooooo! ;__;

EDIT: By the way, do you find it strange that we see no images of Beatrice of Legend? (Onee-chan Beatrice)
If I remember correctly, Moetrice was the only one that could see Beatrice. It was something like that, I need to replay Episode 6
Halko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-04, 19:54   Link #12763
Judoh
Mystery buff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smeckledorf View Post
I don't know. That looks like a dead on Jessica. But we will have to see.

Edit: Where did the OP come from? and the cover?
Same place the name came from: http://www.office-mk.co.jp/pcshop/special/umineko.html

The OP is in HQ there too. Just scroll down and click on the golden text link and you can find it.
Judoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-04, 19:54   Link #12764
Kylon99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halko View Post
If I remember correctly, Moetrice was the only one that could see Beatrice. It was something like that, I need to replay Episode 6
Yes, that's correct. If I remember correctly as well. But... *we* saw her at least. 8) There's a distinctive lack of Long-Hair Beato in the OP, I think... or it's very hidden..
Kylon99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-04, 19:55   Link #12765
Smeckledorf
Intellectual Rapist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judoh View Post
Same place the name came from: http://www.office-mk.co.jp/pcshop/special/umineko.html

The OP is in HQ there too. Just scroll down and click on the golden text links
Oh, wow. That is the portrait. That guy seems to be very close to the woman.
Old 2010-07-04, 19:59   Link #12766
Halko
Golden Witch Follower

Quote:
Yes, that's correct. If I remember correctly as well. But... *we* saw her at least. 8) There's a distinctive lack of Long-Hair Beato in the OP, I think... or it's very hidden..

I just watched it again, I couldn't see anything since it goes by so fast
Old 2010-07-04, 20:18   Link #12767
Sentou
Ace Detective

The resemblance to Jessica is striking, and the woman clearly is meant to be seen as part of the Ushiromiya family. Cross-apply that with the anomaly that is Jessica, and we have someone interesting here.

However, I don't quite know what direction this is going in. But I am fairly certain that that women is tied to Jessica in some way.
Sentou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-04, 20:19   Link #12768
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Quote:
Zepar and Furfur do see the big sis Beatrice. But as for everyone else...

Yeah I don't think there is any clear proof that old sis Beatrice was seen by them, even though you see them all together in that metaroom

Jan-Poo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-04, 20:21   Link #12769
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judoh View Post
This is from the OP right? How you caught that is beyond me. it went by so fast!
That's the picture that I took, Ijriims only relinked it.
Anyway there are video players that let you advance frame by frame so it's not that hard.

Old 2010-07-04, 20:36   Link #12770
Halko
Golden Witch Follower

I'm starting to think that the girl might be Jessica, however as I said before what if she was that person from 19 years ago?
Old 2010-07-04, 20:39   Link #12771
Judoh
Mystery buff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halko View Post
I'm starting to think that the girl might be Jessica, however as I said before what if she was that person from 19 years ago?
So Natsuhi gave Jessica a brother and didn't really "kill it" before she had Jessica?
Old 2010-07-04, 20:54   Link #12772
KanonTheFurniture
Witch's Golden Breaker

I'm a little late to the party, here, but I just wandered over to YouTube for something completely unrelated and found the EP7 OP in my subscriptions, and I'm very excited. The EP6 pre-released stuff just left me confused and potentially angry at all the speculation, but this has me very anxious...I feel like we'll finally be getting some serious answers in EP7, and my head is about to explode from the numerous plausible possibilities of who these two characters are.

The Beato portrait in the background makes me think they're from 1984-86, for sure, so no flashback/future characters...Jessica would be an easy answer for the girl, and she also bears some resemblance to Rosa, but her outfit is very similar to Natsuhi's and that must certainly be a hint. The guy has that random strand of red hair that makes the most obvious speculation for his identity to be 'the real Battler'...sticking to my 84-86 theory, he can't be young Kinzo or Rudolf, but that's just my take on it. I don't think he could be anyone but those three, though, since any legitimately new characters at this stage in the game would just be too much.

My personal theory is that these characters are Shannon and Kanon. The box art for EP7 has them and Zepar and Furfur, which could imply the connection. The butterfly brooch next to the girl could imply she's Shannon. The fact that she has blonde hair could just be a red herring to make people think 'Jessica' or 'Beatrice' off the bat, but I don't know. The guy could be the 'real' Kanon, not necessarily the one we know on the island as he looks older than that. Calling him Kanon contradicts what I said about the guy probably only being either the 'real' Battler, Kinzo, or Rudolf? Not if real Kanon = real Battler. I don't necessarily believe that, but Hell, it's speculation time. Zepar and Furfur on the box cover somehow makes me feel that these people are either Shannon and Kanon or strongly connected to them.

The red hair and the girl's outfit bearing resemblance to Natsuhi's could also imply 'the man from 19 years ago' from EP5. He claimed to be her son. She has randomly brown-and-red hair people have been speculating on forever, as well. Somehow I'm remembering the 'I only ever told Shannon my favorite season was Fall' thing from Ep5, as well, as a possible connection between Shannon and Natsuhi and both my speculations here.

Battler theorized that he was the man from 19 years ago and this is a distinctly hinted at possibility, so this guy could be the very same. The girl's outfit seems to be a splice of Natsuhi and Krauss, so there's a good chance we've got a connection there, or it could just be because red has such importance in the story...but something about the color, the buttons, etc, also remind me strongly of Krauss' outfit.

One thing I can't speculate on are the man's gold eyes. It could just be implying that he is the real Battler. Even if he and our Meta Battler are not the same entity, perhaps it is a connection between our Battler who is the only one who can use the Gold, because he knows the truth, and what we're seeing here is the 'truth' of the identity of Ushiromiya Battler. At least regarding the VN and ignoring adaptations, eye color has always seemed to have some significance to the story and giving clues.

Ooooh, it's crack time alright.
KanonTheFurniture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-04, 20:55   Link #12773
Oliver
Back off, I'm a scientist

...semi-random thought.

The screenshots seem to refer to Ange on the island, right?
Well, she's 6 at the time. Where's the little Ange sprite?

If there isn't one, participating in the proceedings will be a royal pain for her, so she won't do much, and this means nothing actually changes, unless maybe someone eats her there and then.

This link has been determined hazardous for the spoiler averse
by the Department of Education.
(updated 2010-08-24)
Oliver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-04, 20:55   Link #12774
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

I think... I think at this point the safest bet is to think that the mysterious woman is the original personality behind shkanontrice. If you don't like shkanon then make it shannontrice.

Of course that this person is also the child from 19 years before is almost a certainty.
After all in Episode6 it is said that the true feudal lord of that world is 19 years old and when they said that you see the portrait of Beatrice in the background.

At any rate you have this person who fakes to be a young man, and we have zerpar and furfur which are clearly androginous. Not to mention they appear right next to her and that mysterious other guy.

And this person is androgynous herself (or himself?)

I don't know if I was clear enough, but what I want to say is that sh(k)annontrice/manfrom19yearsbefore is to be expected to be androgynous and this new character is absolutely androgynous.

S/he also has quite evidently a connection to the golden brooch, and a rose. So while the future Jessica theory sounds interesting... I think the odds are a lot more in favor to this person X.

Old 2010-07-04, 21:02   Link #12775
Halko
Golden Witch Follower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan-Poo View Post

S/he also has quite evidently a connection to the golden brooch, and a rose. So while the future Jessica theory sounds interesting... I think the odds are a lot more in favor to this person X.
Could it be possible that this person owns the golden brooch or maybe(depending on how you see it) gave it to Shanon?
Old 2010-07-04, 21:05   Link #12776
Renall
BUY MY BOOK!!!

Let's not get ahead of ourselves, the portraits and preview screenshots are always grossly misleading. Remember all the Erika speculation, or the Natsuhitrice theories revolving around the ep5 screenshots. Or the Kuwadorian speculation around the ep6 screenshots (it did turn out to be a new location, but not the one you'd figure).
This story is a redacted confession.

Blog (VN DL) - YouTube Playlists
Battler Solves The Logic Error
Renall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-04, 21:09   Link #12777
Judoh
Mystery buff

I'm actually leaning more toward thinking these are just two new meta characters and that their not going to be on the gameboard. Or that their flashback characters since the one we think of as Jessica seems to be wearing an older style of clothing.

It's fun to speculate who they might be, but yeah this kind of stuff is always misleading. Back when Erika was first shown we thought Bernkastel was running around on the gameboard before the game came out. She sorta was, but not in the way we thought she'd be.
Old 2010-07-04, 21:12   Link #12778
Kylon99

If I remember correctly everyone started forming theories on how Natsuhi was the culprit, too based on that one screenshot. 8) I bet you Ryukishi was counting on that and was trolling us with those screenshots.
Kylon99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-04, 21:15   Link #12779
Marion
The Great Dine

Quote:
If I remember correctly everyone started forming theories on how Natsuhi was the culprit, too based on that one screenshot. 8) I bet you Ryukishi was counting on that and was trolling us with those screenshots.
I remember that too. Personally I thought the moment I saw it declared in a screenshot is the moment it wasn't true. Ryukishi would have given away the answer before EP 5 would even be released, which is pretty ridiculous.

I'm more curious about some of the new backgrounds. One seems to be a little theater stage for example. Then there's a couple mentions of Kyrie that interests me, along with the screen of the blood and a line that's most likely directed at the culprit.
Marion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-04, 21:17   Link #12780
Renall
BUY MY BOOK!!!

Yes, exactly. The "is Ange on the island?" thing is a great example of this. I'm sure that was the intent, to make people speculate on that thing. But it could easily be a flashback, or misleading, or something other than what it immediately appears to be. In fact, I'm betting on it.

So look at it the other way; what sorts of things do we think he wants us to rampantly speculate on before more information is available?
This story is a redacted confession.

Blog (VN DL) - YouTube Playlists
Battler Solves The Logic Error
Renall is offline   Reply With Quote