AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Kami nomi/TWGOK

Notices

Old 2010-10-07, 19:54   Link #621
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

As expected, we have the usual manga viewers complaining about the anime missing the upper corner of the second frame of the 3rd page of the 1st chapter. Saw them coming from a mile away. Aw well

Personally, I am pretty happy with the first episode, both as a manga viewer and from an anime only perspective. Some of the decisions to move things around I feel where necessary in order not to overwhelm the watcher from the first episode onwards. Some of the universe setting descriptions can wait till the second episode.
Proto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-07, 20:13   Link #622
Xacual

The only thing I really missed was Ayumi excitedly telling Keima she won and then wondering why she would do that

Other than that it was a perfect episode for me.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-07, 20:42   Link #623
Raiga
tl;dr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proto View Post
As expected, we have the usual manga viewers complaining about the anime missing the upper corner of the second frame of the 3rd page of the 1st chapter. Saw them coming from a mile away. Aw well
Actually the comments from the manga readers have seemed rather reasonable so far. I mean it's not wrong to compare your impression of the source to your impression of the adaptation so long as you give the latter a fair chance, which is what I've been seeing at least.
Old 2010-10-07, 21:02   Link #624
KROMEangel
Baby Got Back

Quote:
Who are YOU talking about? I loved it! My complaints adaption-wise are very miniscule and unimportant. The majority of readers seems to like it as well.

Of course, everyone will love it when they finally meet

Spoiler for .:
KROMEangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-07, 22:07   Link #625
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

The only thing that this reminds me of is that guy who married his game character
Old 2010-10-07, 23:54   Link #626
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Quote:
Originally Posted by KROMEangel View Post
Who are YOU talking about? I loved it! My complaints adaption-wise are very miniscule and unimportant. The majority of readers seems to like it as well.

Of course, everyone will love it when they finally meet

Spoiler for .:
I can guaran-fooking-tee you there will be people who will complain that her animation isn't "bad enough".
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-07, 23:56   Link #627
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xacual View Post
The only thing I really missed was Ayumi excitedly telling Keima she won and then wondering why she would do that
Really weird how they take that scene out. Unless they intend to end the series by the "girl of the week" route only, it's quite important to let the audience know this is not just a Pokemon show.

All and all it's quite enjoyable.
Old 2010-10-08, 00:17   Link #628
haiz123321
Obey me world!

Actually, I thought the first episode was pretty good. Only thing I didn't like was the character's faces turning half white. I know it's for light/shading but still, come on. I'm pretty sure the series didn't need that. I actually thought the half the teacher's face had was scarred or something.

Long Live Lelouch! Waiting for Tales of the World:RM2 USA release
haiz123321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-08, 00:53   Link #629
Malintex_Terek
Mahjong Triple Pro

Well, I was trying to be optimistic, but I couldn't help but feel this series was sabotaged by casting a notoriously obnoxious CV like Shimono Hiro for Keima, and sure enough the first episode was a disaster if only because of his voice.

It's not his acting, his voice is just completely wrong for the character. He gave a really decent effort at seriousness - as much as I would have expected - but he's just not built for both serious and comedic roles like Kamiya Hiroshi (Itoshiki, Araragi), Fukuyama Jun (Lelouch, Watanuki) and Miyano Mamoru (Light, Tamaki). It's like Kugumiya Rie trying to play a full-bodied adult woman, and trying to be serious about trying to not sound loli.

I was all for a new CV to debut as Keima. Byronic-style heroes can't be monopolized by the three guys I mentioned above forever. But this was a blown casting call, no doubt about it.

That said...everything else is top-notch, buuut it was rushed. Is this going to be a 12 episode series? Because that doesn't really do this series justice, especially with the manga shedding its formula as expected and moving into bold new territory.
Malintex_Terek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-08, 02:04   Link #630
KROMEangel
Baby Got Back

Oh man, I REALLY hope they don't skip too much of the side stories; That's some of Keima's best moments.
Old 2010-10-08, 02:14   Link #631
pikachuwei

waa Elsea/Elucia so cute <3 Even cuter in anime than in manga
Old 2010-10-08, 02:51   Link #632
Francismeunier
Banned

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by pikachuwei View Post
Well you can't beat her cute at this pose:
Francismeunier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-08, 02:58   Link #633
Clarste
Human

Quote:
If you want me to I could talk about how the omission of two tiny scenes completely changed Keima's characterization and by extension the audience's expectations for the rest of the episode and indeed the entire series, giving the show an entirely different atmosphere than the manga, but I decided it wasn't worth it.

It's still true though. I get the impression that the director is kind of half-assing it. Most of the choices seem to reveal a deep misunderstanding of what exactly was appealing and unique about this series. This could get by on the strength of the storyboard (ie: the manga), but overall it's much less than it could've been.
Clarste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-08, 02:58   Link #634
Decagon
This was meaningless
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malintex_Terek View Post
That said...everything else is top-notch, buuut it was rushed. Is this going to be a 12 episode series? Because that doesn't really do this series justice, especially with the manga shedding its formula as expected and moving into bold new territory.
It's a split 2 cour run. The next batch is gonna be broadcast in April. The announcement should be a few pages back.
Decagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-08, 03:21   Link #635
KROMEangel
Baby Got Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarste View Post
If you want me to I could talk about how the omission of two tiny scenes completely changed Keima's characterization and by extension the audience's expectations for the rest of the episode and indeed the entire series, giving the show an entirely different atmosphere than the manga, but I decided it wasn't worth it.

It's still true though. I get the impression that the director is kind of half-assing it. Most of the choices seem to reveal a deep misunderstanding of what exactly was appealing and unique about this series. This could get by on the strength of the storyboard (ie: the manga), but overall it's much less than it could've been.
I actually want to know which two scenes you're talking about. There were several little details that got switched up, not a whole lot of them detrimental to the characters.
Old 2010-10-08, 03:25   Link #636
FateAnomaly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarste View Post
I kinda agree with you. The subtle difference in the potrayal of the characters somehow gives a slightly worse impression for the characters. Nevertheless, i will still continue to watch this.
FateAnomaly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-08, 03:58   Link #637
paladinenvec

Quote:

Personally, I am pretty happy with the first episode, both as a manga viewer and from an anime only perspective. Some of the decisions to move things around I feel where necessary in order not to overwhelm the watcher from the first episode onwards. Some of the universe setting descriptions can wait till the second episode.
Im a manga reader and i think that the anime was pretty good, it has some issues here and there but its nothing to worry about as i said earlier, i like to add too that many other manga readers in this post does not complain on the contrary they liked the anime , the ones that complaine are one or two guys, they are not the majority...even if they are the ones that post too much lol.
paladinenvec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-08, 04:35   Link #638
Divini
Senpai!

Epic OP is epic. It's like... he actually is a god! (well I guess it's true)

Very good anime so far. Overall, the feel of it felt quite similar to ch.1 of the manga. I was kind of suspicious on Keima's VA on what people have said, but I didn't find much to nitpick about, I think he's doing a fine job. Another things is that Elsee seems to be giving off a slightly less childish feel that what I expected, I wonder if it's just me?

That little change in that ending scene did raise an eyebrow though.

Spoiler for comparision to ch.1:

Well, its not like it stopped me from enjoying the episode, and there's plenty of story left to go.
Divini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-08, 04:42   Link #639
Clarste
Human

Quote:
Originally Posted by KROMEangel View Post
I actually want to know which two scenes you're talking about. There were several little details that got switched up, not a whole lot of them detrimental to the characters.
Spoiler for rant, manga comparisons, don't read unless you really want to:
Clarste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-08, 04:52   Link #640
ID555
Kamaboko smash & grab

Quote:
Originally Posted by pikachuwei View Post

Agree . Doesn't lose out to the other heroines. Azunyan slamming into walls was enjoyable as well; was it in the manga? Don't remember.
ID555 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, romance, shounen