AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Reviews & Recommendations

Notices

Old 2013-07-03, 04:04   Link #1
ShootingxIce
The sun goes down...

Looking For Great Musical Animes w/ epic Plot

I've been watching a couple awesome animes with a lot of great OST , Opening Songs, and Songs with a great plot i.e:

- Angel Beats
-Little Busters
- K-ON

I'm looking for a anime with a great plot and music. Any suggestions or recommendations? Thank you for helping
Old 2013-07-03, 04:26   Link #2
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

I'd suggest Senki Zesshou Symphogear and AKB0048 both have high musical focus and enjoyable and interesting plots.

If something a bit less "serious plots", more K-On level is acceptable, I'd also suggest Love Live! School Idol Project and The iDOLM@STER both are strong musical series, but while having some plot to them are more SoL-ish at times like K-On! is. And maybe Tari Tari for this type as well.

And lastly two not-music focused series with outstanding OST, OP/EDs, and Plot Mahou Shoujo Madoka★Magica and Mawaru Penguindrum.

Hope something here fits what you want.
MAL
Kotohono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-03, 05:34   Link #3
ShootingxIce
The sun goes down...

Thank you! I watched Madoka Magica too... great plot and the opening/ending songs were great.
Old 2013-07-03, 07:00   Link #4
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

If you're willing to include classical music in your search, there is no better choice than Nodame Cantabile.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-03, 08:39   Link #5
Sackett
Cross Game - I need more

Location: I've moved around the American West. I've lived in Oregon, Washington, Utah, and Oklahoma
My first recommendation is Maison Ikkoku. A great romantic comedy, and it has an amazing soundtrack. Some examples:

Maison Ikkoku - Hello Sadness aka "Kanashimi yo Konnichiwa" (This arrangement was by an AnimeSuki member by the way)
Maison Ikkoku - Will There Be Sunshine Tomorrow aka "Ashita Hareru Ka"
Maison Ikkoku - Bells Ring In The Dawn
Maison Ikkoku - After The Rain
Maison Ikkoku - Kaerazaru Kare

Clannad is an obvious pick since you like Angel Beats and Little Busters. Great openings, and a great soundtrack.

Kimi Ni Todoke should be good for you. A sweet love story with a good soundtrack.

The World God Only Knows is known for having a good soundtrack.

Space Battleship Yamato (aka Star Blazers) is known for it's soundtrack. Especially Universe Spreading to Infinity, although my favorite is From Yamato With Love. The ending is also great.

Kimagure Orange Road has an incredible soundtrack. Just look up "Madoka Piano Files" on youtube.

Neon Genesis Evangelion has one of the best openings ever, and the soundtrack has several standout pieces. Eva 02 and Rei II come to mind.

I feel Cross Game has some beautiful music, and great openings and endings. I'm pretty confident Touch will have great music as well.

I liked the soundtrack for Crest of the Stars.

Ah My Goddess has some good music. Celestial Waltz is especially good.

Another has a few good tracks, but I have to mention it because the ending is amazing.

Cross Game - A Story of Love, Life, Death - and Baseball. What more could you want?
Sackett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-03, 16:25   Link #6
Tenzen12

What about Macross F? Or 7, that one has some nice oldies in it.
Tenzen12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-03, 18:17   Link #7
kitten320

Madoka Magica
Phantom: Requiem for the Phantom
Mai HiME
Mai Otome
- not the best story but has some of my top ost's
Rozen Maiden
Seirei no Moribito
- great series with some good ost
Sengoku Otome: Momoiro Paradox
Shiki
The Idolm@ster

These are the shows that stood out to me soundtrack wise. Some better than others. I personally enjoyed all of them except Mai Otome since I'm big Mai HiME fan. But soundtracks are glorious there if you like Kajiura Yuki.

OP wise I really liked:
Deadman Wonderland
Mirai Nikki
Paranoia Agent
Old 2013-07-03, 21:52   Link #8
Darthtabby

K-On has an epic plot?

Anyhow, I recommend Macross Frontier (which was previously mentioned as "Macross F"). Awesome music, missile spamming jet fighters that transform into giant robots, great characters, and a love triangle that inspired a rabid shipping war. What's not to like (well, aside from maybe the last bit)?

I'm also a big fan of the aforementioned Mai-HiME, though it's not a series where music is a key part of the plot, its just one that happens to have a good sound track.

If you're looking for a show about dudes trying to make it as part of a band, check out Beck: Mongolian Chop Squad.
Darthtabby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-04, 05:08   Link #9
kitten320

Well Angel Beats and Little Busters have nothing to do with music either, it's just OSTs.
Old 2013-07-04, 07:28   Link #10
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitten320 View Post
Well Angel Beats and Little Busters have nothing to do with music either, it's just OSTs.
Angel Beats has a band in it though
MAL
Kotohono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-04, 07:32   Link #11
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
Epic? Records of Lodoss War..... Nice two songs there....my favorites

,. and Noein... and I dare you hear this soundtrack...

Spoiler for Amazingness:

Just hearing them again makes me want to wage WAR!!!!!

Last edited by NoemiChan; 2013-07-04 at 07:45.
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-04, 08:52   Link #12
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Well, if we are just going to talk about extraordinary scores for excellent shows, then I have to include Tsuneyoshi Saiti's work on Dennou Coil. He moves effortlessly across a diversity of musical styles and instrumentations to create appropriate backgrounds for an equally wide-ranging story.

I'll give an Honorable Mention to Honma Yusuke's score for Oh! Edo Rocket. For a story set in 1843 Edo where the people have TVs and the Internet, what better choice than the "big-band" sound of the late 1940s.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote