AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Reviews & Recommendations

Notices

Old 2017-09-11, 10:22   Link #1
ninja666

SoL/CGDCT + Ecchi

I'm looking for anime that sort of combines slice of life-ish format of "a show about characters doing nothing in particular, with no plot whatsoever, and some random, silly hijinks on the side", with some ecchi eye candy - nudity, fanservice etc.

Preferably one with no male characters and/or male-oriented harems, unless you can find me a show where said male character isn't a sexually oblivious, socially inept, braindead retard, who appears as if he's never seen a woman in his entire life. Still, an all-female cast is preferred regardless.

Bonus points for:

- Fantasy/Supernatural/Monster Girl characters
- Non-school setting

Already on my radar:

- Renkin San-kyuu Magical? Pokaan (watching it right now, fits perfectly)
- Yuusha ni Narenakatta Ore wa Shibushibu Shuushoku wo Ketsui Shimashita (have yet to watch it, supposedly it also fits what I'm looking for)

Please only recommend anime that's finished - all of the episodes have already aired and there are no sequels I have to wait for. I just want something to watch right now for a couple of days and after finishing it, move on to other stuff.

Thanks in advance.
ninja666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-11, 11:15   Link #2
BWTraveller
Born to ship

A little hard to find since there seems to be a preference for harems with oblivious dudes. The guy in YuuShibu, which you mentioned, is kind of bad himself as far as not being able to catch on to the girls that like him. First that came to mind is Koufuku Graffiti. Fanservice is relatively minor if you're looking for nudity or panty shots, but like with a lot of shows about food these days, the ladies do tend toward modest foodgasms and symbolically suggestive eating.

In a certain way, you could possibly find some entertainment in High School Fleet. Yes, the overarching plot is naval combat, and several episodes are focused on this, but there's also a ton of time in between, in which you have much more of a SOL style setting. No panty shots, but there are a few bath scenes, and a few episodes where the ladies spend most of their time in swimsuits.

Same with School Live/Gakkou Gurashi. Yes, it's a story about a handful of girls trying to survive in their school during a hopefully-local zombie apocalypse. But the focus is their effort to live out every day and enjoy themselves, keep from losing to the fear and despair. As such, a lot of time is spent just hanging out and enjoying themselves, with a number of panty shots, a few bath/shower scenes, some swimsuit fun, etc.

One case that's rather mild on the ecchi is Is the Order a Rabbit. There are several scenes peppered throughout the series of the girls changing, showing them half-dressed, as well as a few scenes of them bathing, though not heavy like the ones you mentioned. Again, the series is far more SOL than ecchi, but there are some elements.

Oh, and then there's Sakura Trick. This one's extremely heavy on the yuri action. It starts out with a girl who's feeling jealous because she doesn't seem to be special to her best friend now that they entered high school, and when her friend tries to offer to make something that's just for them, she demands a kiss. What follows is mostly SOL but with a whole lot of very heavy Frenching and obvious arousal as a result.
BWTraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-11, 11:50   Link #3
ninja666

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWTraveller View Post
A little hard to find since there seems to be a preference for harems with oblivious dudes. The guy in YuuShibu, which you mentioned, is kind of bad himself as far as not being able to catch on to the girls that like him.
I knew there was something fishy about that series when I got it recommended. Thanks for the heads up. I think I'll give it a pass. I'm really tired of the "guy so oblivious, he appears borderline retarded" trope.

Quote:
First that came to mind is Koufuku Graffiti. Fanservice is relatively minor if you're looking for nudity or panty shots, but like with a lot of shows about food these days, the ladies do tend toward modest foodgasms and symbolically suggestive eating.
I have it on my MAL, but I don't think it's what I'm looking for. I'm looking for fanservice a bit heavier than that.

Quote:
In a certain way, you could possibly find some entertainment in High School Fleet. Yes, the overarching plot is naval combat, and several episodes are focused on this, but there's also a ton of time in between, in which you have much more of a SOL style setting. No panty shots, but there are a few bath scenes, and a few episodes where the ladies spend most of their time in swimsuits.

Same with School Live/Gakkou Gurashi. Yes, it's a story about a handful of girls trying to survive in their school during a hopefully-local zombie apocalypse. But the focus is their effort to live out every day and enjoy themselves, keep from losing to the fear and despair. As such, a lot of time is spent just hanging out and enjoying themselves, with a number of panty shots, a few bath/shower scenes, some swimsuit fun, etc.
These two are kind of a stretch, to be perfectly honest. Sure, they have cute girls, but other than that, they seem completely different to what I want - one seems like a watered down version of Strike Witches, and the other is another "cute girls suffer a lot", a'la Madoka Magica.

Quote:
One case that's rather mild on the ecchi is Is the Order a Rabbit. There are several scenes peppered throughout the series of the girls changing, showing them half-dressed, as well as a few scenes of them bathing, though not heavy like the ones you mentioned. Again, the series is far more SOL than ecchi, but there are some elements.
I've already seen it. It was cute, and I liked it, but it's definitely more on the innocent side, with almost no fanservice.

Quote:
Oh, and then there's Sakura Trick. This one's extremely heavy on the yuri action. It starts out with a girl who's feeling jealous because she doesn't seem to be special to her best friend now that they entered high school, and when her friend tries to offer to make something that's just for them, she demands a kiss. What follows is mostly SOL but with a whole lot of very heavy Frenching and obvious arousal as a result.
Out of all of them, this one would be the closest to what I want. It doesn't appear to have nearly enough (if any) ecchi, but at least it has some mildly arousing elements to it, so that's a plus. I'll consider it.

Thank you for the suggestions. Anyone got any other ones?
Old 2017-09-12, 08:30   Link #4
BWTraveller
Born to ship

The manga version of Minami-ke might work for you. It's made by the same guy that did Today in Class 5-2 and while it's not packed with constant sexual innuendo, it's got a fair amount if I recall correctly. Of course, all this was taken out of the TV anime version, just like how the television version of Today in Class 5-2 went from jam-packed with sex jokes, panty shots and girls seeming to get a little turned on by things like tickle fights to a very simple slice-of-life without ANY of that stuff.
Old 2017-09-12, 09:21   Link #5
ninja666

Thanks, but I'm looking strictly for anime. Manga doesn't interest me at all.
Old 2017-09-12, 11:46   Link #6
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Queen's Blade has a female cast, a lot of nudity, and some sexual innuendo. It's not a slice-of-life story though. It follows a bunch of female warriors as they fight to obtain the right to become the next queen. Here's a compilation of the EDs featuring the main "villains" in this story, Merona, Menace, and Airi in order of appearance.

NSFW
Warning: Not safe to view at work or school!
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

The first two seasons, and their accompanying OVA specials, are the best, and they form a complete story. Things go downhill starting with season three.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-12, 12:02   Link #7
ninja666

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeijiSensei View Post
Queen's Blade has a female cast, a lot of nudity, and some sexual innuendo. It's not a slice-of-life story though.
I can see where you're coming from with that, considering QB is pretty much an all-female fanservice fest, but I really, really want a slice of life (or something akin to that in overall structure) anime. QB is an adventure anime, with pretty much constant action and zero calm moments - the exact opposite of what I'm looking for. Also, I've already seen it.

Do you have any suggestions that are more fitting?
Old 2017-09-12, 13:35   Link #8
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Nope. All the SOL stories I know of with female characters, from Azumanga Daioh and Hidamari Sketch to Shirobako and Sakura Quest, have little or no fanservice. Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuuutsu has scenes where the girls are dressed like Playboy bunnies and Haruhi harasses Mikuru, but it's pretty tame.

You'd need to step into the hentai genre to find what you're looking for I suspect.

Keijo!!!!!!!! and Bikini Warriors aren't really slice-of-life shows either, but they have female casts and ecchi.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-12, 14:07   Link #9
ninja666

Well then... Good thing I was asking around in other places in the meantime because it seems like I wasn't going to get any useful recommendations around here. Luckily for me, other communities delivered and I got some titles to check out. Thanks to everyone who participated.
Old 2017-09-20, 22:58   Link #10
cyberdemon

I don't watch all female animes but you could try Mashiro Iro Symphony. There's fanservice. Everyday SoL, and the main character is pretty decisive about who he likes.

while it doesn't have any fanservice, Clannad is really good. Decisive main character. Some supernatural elements in the background and at the end. also has a mixture of school and non school settings.

Ai Yori Aoshi would fit the bill. Plenty of fanservice. Main guy has a harem but only loves the main girl. Guy is in college but it doesn't play a major part and not all the girls go there.

Last edited by cyberdemon; 2017-09-20 at 23:29.
cyberdemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-21, 19:15   Link #11
BWTraveller
Born to ship

I just wish I could remember one particular series. It was a series of shorts, maybe half-episodes, but it definitely got ecchi at times. I recall it being either a club or student council, and at one point the heater's stuck on high or something, so they all strip before they realize they could have just turned the darn thing off.
Old 2017-09-21, 20:19   Link #12
erneiz_hyde
18782+18782=37564

Hinako Note.