AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Rozen Maiden

Notices

View Poll Results: Who are your favorite Rozen Maiden characters? (Multiple Choice)
Suigintou 361 55.28%
Kanaria 67 10.26%
Suiseiseki 362 55.44%
Souseiseki 150 22.97%
Shinku 282 43.19%
Hina-Ichigo 140 21.44%
Kirakishou 78 11.94%
Barasuishou 71 10.87%
Jun Sakurada 54 8.27%
Nori Sakurada 39 5.97%
Tomoe Kashiwaba 68 10.41%
Mitsu Kusabue (Mi-chan) 12 1.84%
Megu Kakizaki 71 10.87%
Shirosaki and/or Laplace no Ma (Laplace's Demon) 16 2.45%
Detective Kun Kun 70 10.72%
Others (please specify) 11 1.68%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 653. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-08-23, 15:12   Link #301
Kitsune
九尾の狐
*Artist

Cause Suigintou is the best
Old 2007-08-24, 03:26   Link #302
grey_moon
Yummy, sweet and unyuu!!!

@RozenMaidenSK - Good on you, I've always never understood how anyone could dislike any of the maidens. Sure we have our favourites, but to hate anyone of them is imho a crime against dollmanity. ofc bastard bunny is exempt from that statement
Old 2007-08-24, 03:33   Link #303
•••Shadow•••
Love hater

Exactly... True is that Shinku did cruel things to Suigintou.. True is that they have different personalities...But they all have to play Alice Game.
So there is no point in hating any Rozen/Enju Maiden for killing your favourite doll or something like that. They can feel sadness or loneliness too.
For example - I don't like Suiseiseki's personality. But still, she has heart (well Rosa Mystica).
Well and if you're talking about Laplace, I like him .
He is one of my favourite characters.
But if I really do HATE someone, it's skun-kun.
Old 2007-08-24, 05:33   Link #304
grey_moon

Hmmm do I detect a hint of jealousy as kk is Laplace's bum chum?
Old 2007-08-24, 05:44   Link #305
•••Shadow•••
Love hater

Sorry, my english is limited.
I didn't understand that at all
Old 2007-08-24, 06:30   Link #306
grey_moon

Hee hee sorry that was a very bad reference to the RM drama cd where KK and Laplace do a rather heated act. They have the same voice actor and they get their lines mixed up. You have to listen to it or at least read the transcript to see that I mean...

http://www.rozen-unyu.net/dramacd-traeumend-6.html
Old 2007-08-24, 06:34   Link #307
•••Shadow•••
Love hater

omg you ment skun-kun by "KK" .
Now I got it. I already listnened to that drama lot of times.
But I didn't know have same seiyuu O_O.
Old 2007-08-24, 09:06   Link #308
grey_moon

It was during the days when we only had one thread for RM and we did our best to get the 1k messages . KK for Kun kun and BB for bastard bunny for us lazy ppl who can't be willing to type 7 characters

It's great to see ppl still posting to this sub forum, I absolutely love RM. It is without a doubt my favourite anime. I've been feeding myself fan stuff to bide the time until S3 comes out (it will come out and don't try to burst my bubble!!!!).

My favourite is as you might have guessed Hina followed by Shinku and Sui. I have yet to get the name Hina Ichigo in any online game that I have played, but I will do it one day!
Old 2007-08-24, 09:30   Link #309
•••Shadow•••
Love hater

Thread only about RM?
I think at that time I didn't even knew what anime is .
So you hate Laplace?.. He's so cool ^-^ .. And elegant.
And when I see mysterious/elegant characters.... *o* :P.
Yup mine is too ^^. And lol don't worry. I think 3rd season will come out too.
I hope there will be finally Kira (which is probably character that you don't like most ).
rofl, good luck then XD
Old 2007-09-05, 22:59   Link #310
Ancient Death
Lonely without Suigintou

Hello everyone...I'm new to this site and of course, I'm crazy about Rozen Maiden (freak fan)
Old 2007-09-05, 23:53   Link #311
•••Shadow•••
Love hater

Even tho this is not introduction thread - hello ^_^.
Ahhh~.. I always love to see new RM fans ^^
Old 2007-09-06, 00:00   Link #312
Ancient Death
Lonely without Suigintou

I know it's not a introduction page...just make myself known to everyone...
Old 2007-09-10, 14:41   Link #313
Ancient Death
Lonely without Suigintou

Oh yeah, i forgot to add something...Suigintou's my first favorite doll....and second favorite is all of other dolls equal.

Last edited by Ancient Death; 2007-09-10 at 14:42. Reason: wrong spellings
Old 2007-09-11, 22:09   Link #314
Echoes

I recently finished Rozen Maiden, and I found one of the most impressive aspects of it to the visual designs of the dolls. They're just so beautifully made and designed in unparalleled detail. Not that the character depth is lacking either, of course, they're all very, very distinct. It is fortunate that this was a multiple-choice poll, as I think only that can do a show with so many great characters justice. Now, here are my five favorites, my top five, if you will.

1. Suigintou. From my point of view, she was the most beautifully designed doll, the details and dark colors made for one hell of a visually appealing character. Her outfit was very representative of her character, and her white hair was the icing on the cake. Cold, determined, seemingly evil, but capable of displaying acts of kindness and love, she was the most interesting character in the show. Suigintou was also very proud and arrogant, even more-so than Shinku. She was an enigma, a riddle, and the reason I liked the OVAs as much as I did. Her tragic past helped me understand her better, and also gain affection/sympathy for the character, I think a lot of people can relate to her feelings. She rose from being a weak, discarded specimen, to a capable fighter.

2. Barasuishou. Again, I must comment on the brilliant visual design. Rivaling Suigintou in beauty, Barasuishou was a lavish and impeccable being. Her purple theme seemed very fitting, somehow, and her crystal spikes was my favorite special ability. She was manipulative, ambitious, strong, backstabbing and treacherous, but I still liked her a lot. I would have liked her even if it were not for the last scene she was in, but after that, I gained infinitely more adoration for her.
Spoiler for Season 2 last episode:

2. (tied) Suiseiseki. Even before I saw the series I had a feeling I would like this one. A lot. Her outfit is very cute, and I love her characteristic desu desu ~~
Heterochromia is also a trait I favor heavily, for some reason I find it very attractive. The way she teases Hina Ichigo never gets old, and her tsundere side shines when she tries to convey her emotions to Jun. One of my favorite moments was when she held Jun's mathbook upside down and had him read her equations as a bedtime story, she looks awfully moe when she blushes.

3. Shinku. Shinku is charming in her own way. She's strong, capable, and tries her best in any given situation. She showed remorse and development in the series and is kind at heart. It's funny how devoted she is to a television program, it seems so out of character for her, but yet somehow it also feels right at place. Visually she's quite appealing as well, her eyes especially caught my attention, a very sharp shade of blue. Given that she's the "main doll", I was almost bound to like her no matter what, given the amount of screentime she received, but I think I would have put her on my list even if she had been just a background character.

4. Hina Ichigo. Yeah, she's a crybaby and a general nuisance altogether, but I can't help but smile when she shows up because she's just too cute. That's it, really, it's enough to win me over, being as cute as she is. She did actually show some character development as well, though.
Old 2007-09-11, 22:39   Link #315
•••Shadow•••
Love hater

Meh, almost none of my favourites except Suigintou.
Why not Souseiseki at least at second or third place?
Old 2007-09-12, 00:37   Link #316
Ancient Death
Lonely without Suigintou

I have Heterochromia...and it's rare to see a character with that. In fact, I know only other characters than the Seki Twins that have it, is Asuna K. from Mahou Sensei Negima!

P.S. My two brothers have it too....maybe my mother too?? oh well!
Old 2007-09-12, 05:16   Link #317
Echoes

Quote:
Originally Posted by RozenMaidenSK View Post
Meh, almost none of my favourites except Suigintou.
Why not Souseiseki at least at second or third place?
My intention is not to conform to your beliefs, I have given reasons for why I like all the characters, so if you disagree, why not argue your case? I'd be glad to defend my position, or even change it, given enough reason, but just saying you don't approve won't make a dent.
The reason for not including Souseiseki is simply put that I do not like her enough.

She doesn't have the same charm as her sister. It's not that I mind the boyish behavior, or that she's not a member of the Jun household. Souseikseki was always at the edge of her seat, ready to jump up and fight given any excuse to. Her loyalty to a demented old man is admirable, but I still don't really care for her, at least not in enough to make her one of my favorites. To me, she's inferior to Suseiseki in every aspect.

On to the heterochromia topic. I'm not sure how common the condition is in real life, but in animes, it appears on quite a few characters. (Urumi Kanzaki from GTO and Mayumi Thyme from Shuffle, to name a few) I think it's very helpful for giving them a unique look.

Last edited by Echoes; 2007-09-12 at 05:27.
Old 2007-09-12, 12:24   Link #318
•••Shadow•••
Love hater

It's not like I want you to like her or something.
I just wanted to know the reason.
Well but of course it depends what are prefer.
For example.. From all dolls Suiseiseki was the one who liked only a little.
I hate when a girl loves boy.
But at least she cared for her sister.
And I don't know what heterochromia.
Ok I checked wikipedia.
Death Angel - so you have like one eye blue and other brown?
Old 2007-09-12, 13:30   Link #319
Echoes

You hate it when a girl loves a boy, doesn't that sort of ruin the entire romance genre for you?
I'm fine with agreeing to disagree, it is a subjective matter, after all, but I'm always happy to discuss the matters, especially since I just recently finished the series and haven't really reflected too much on the characters yet.

I wouldn't mind having heterochromia, maybe I should get some of those freaky eye lenses.
Old 2007-09-12, 15:05   Link #320
•••Shadow•••
Love hater

Haha, I guess no one knows it here XD...
I mean, that for me, to find anime that would fit me, is really hard.
In almost every anime is love .
Ok that's OT.
Well when I first watched RM I didn't like her too (well not didn't like. There isn't character what I don't like in MR).
I had my eyes only on Suigintou.
But at that time, I didn't know about RM a lot.
Then I watched it again.
And then I've seen how hard must be everything for Souseiseki.
She know that world isn't that easy.
And that's what I like about her and Suigintou.
She is not naive like others. But I like them also for other reasons.
But Suigitnou was of course always on first place for lot of reasons..
Like her sad sad past, her personality and everything. Along with Megu.
But then I've read (well seen pictures... can't read japanese) manga.
And there's completely different story..... But I still liked Suigintou.
I wanted to Suigintou and Megu be together forever.
But then I realized something and my fav. character became Kirakishou (she has been in anime only for 3-5 seconds)
Closed Thread