AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga > To Aru... Railgun [M/LN]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2014-04-02, 14:33   Link #6641
allfictions
Of Infinite Resignation

Quote:
Originally Posted by LevelSeven View Post
it fits accels carachteristics too, but this one is for anti-heroes:

the previous description isnt really something anti-heroes have, it fits more into the hero category....
That's not what I'm saying. I pointing out to you that Touma in NT9 fits the ''Anti Hero'' label, if only temporarily. That's my point.
This is nine! Nine! This is nine! Nine! This is ten! Ten! We have killed your friends! Every friend is now dead! This is six! Six! ... Eighteen! This is now eighteen! Take cover when the siren sounds! This is four! Four! ... Five! This is five! Ignore the siren! Even if you leave this room, you can never leave this room! Eight! This is eight! ... Six, this is six. This is goddamn fucking six!
Old 2014-04-02, 16:10   Link #6642
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by allfictions View Post
That's not what I'm saying. I pointing out to you that Touma in NT9 fits the ''Anti Hero'' label, if only temporarily. That's my point.
Considering he was supposed to break, this makes sense.

Also, I wouldn't claim Mikoto is a fail hero... it's not like she can't overcome a lot of things that happen all of the time... It's just that in AC there are lots of power way stronger than her that she can't do a thing about, because she's just the #3 esper.

Considering the #1 barely accomplishes what he wants to, and doesn't always manage to do so, I'd see it as a little ridiculous if with her naivety Mikoto could fix her situations without help from someone stronger than her... and not just from her friends... Uiharu (and rarely Kuroko) can help her... and I guess Saten because of her ability to find urban legends and relate to people... but I don't see how Mikoto is supposed to stop any real threat without help from other characters unless that threat is made specifically for her to be able to do that... and who in Academy City expect for Study would make a plan that the #3 could win against when in fact she's the poster girl of Academy City and everyone inside of it is wary of her when they're doing something to try to destroy/experiment on the city?

Maybe, if we see more applications of her powers, she will be able to do more in later arcs, but with what we've seen so far... I don't see her as being able to solve much without stronger characters' interference. Though I'm guessing people wouldn't mind if it were more Misaki or people other than Touma/Accelerator...
Old 2014-04-02, 18:25   Link #6643
MShukyDeneuve

Considering she have a versatile ability, i actually kinda disappointed with her. i would be really happy if in the future vol, she actually can go "raijin" mode by herself and still sane just like our #1 and #2.

But again, SHE is the most normal level 5...The other have twisted personality because AC darkside influence...And Gunha really madly crazy about guts and superhero XD
Old 2014-04-02, 19:15   Link #6644
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MShukyDeneuve View Post
Considering she have a versatile ability, i actually kinda disappointed with her. i would be really happy if in the future vol, she actually can go "raijin" mode by herself and still sane just like our #1 and #2.

But again, SHE is the most normal level 5...The other have twisted personality because AC darkside influence...And Gunha really madly crazy about guts and superhero XD
I think she'll get a twisted personality eventually... at the rate this is going... maybe she'll get stronger then...
Old 2014-04-02, 19:19   Link #6645
Flere821
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by dniv View Post
I think she'll get a twisted personality eventually... at the rate this is going... maybe she'll get stronger then...
Yandere Mikoto?
Old 2014-04-02, 19:22   Link #6646
Birdway
Banned

Not as NT indicates so far.
Old 2014-04-02, 19:37   Link #6647
allfictions
Of Infinite Resignation

She hasn't shown her "yan-" side yet, gives it time. After the dere comes the ..., as they say.
This is nine! Nine! This is nine! Nine! This is ten! Ten! We have killed your friends! Every friend is now dead! This is six! Six! ... Eighteen! This is now eighteen! Take cover when the siren sounds! This is four! Four! ... Five! This is five! Ignore the siren! Even if you leave this room, you can never leave this room! Eight! This is eight! ... Six, this is six. This is goddamn fucking six!
Old 2014-04-02, 19:50   Link #6648
LG-MAX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Birdway View Post
Not as NT indicates so far.
nothing a "fuck you, chronology" does not resolve ..

Anyway, I love Mikoto in Railgun, but in the NT, I consider her one of the most obnoxious characters in the history of fiction. I only see the annoying / ignorant / tsundere who deserves to be shot in the lung and be left to die alone while regrets of all the bullshit that did, and that as a last vision before the end, she see Touma kissing another girl, this is the current side her to me. So I'm looking forward to seeing her in the next arc in Railgun.
Old 2014-04-02, 20:55   Link #6649
tsunade666

Quote:
Originally Posted by allfictions View Post
She hasn't shown her "yan-" side yet, gives it time. After the dere comes the ..., as they say.
the dere will appear? what!? impossiburu

Spoiler for yan:
Old 2014-04-02, 22:27   Link #6650
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LG-MAX View Post
nothing a "fuck you, chronology" does not resolve ..

Anyway, I love Mikoto in Railgun, but in the NT, I consider her one of the most obnoxious characters in the history of fiction. I only see the annoying / ignorant / tsundere who deserves to be shot in the lung and be left to die alone while regrets of all the bullshit that did, and that as a last vision before the end, she see Touma kissing another girl, this is the current side her to me. So I'm looking forward to seeing her in the next arc in Railgun.
She had a few good scenes and a few terrible scenes. Though I'm not sure if Kamachi is doing that to make us hate her on purpose.

NT 3/6/8 were good in my opinion... (and the reference in NT 1...)
Old 2014-04-02, 22:43   Link #6651
tsunade666

Quote:
She had a few good scenes and a few terrible scenes. Though I'm not sure if Kamachi is doing that to make us hate her on purpose.

NT 3/6/8 were good in my opinion... (and the reference in NT 1...)
I don't think so because her fans love her
Old 2014-04-02, 23:30   Link #6652
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
I don't think so because her fans love her
For the rest of us, maybe he's like the creator of Neon Genesis Evangelion. He almost openly hates his fans that are just Mikoto fans, but doesn't go as far as actually stating it.
Old 2014-04-02, 23:59   Link #6653
Birdway
Banned

Wait, which fans among NGE fandom were hated by the author?
Old 2014-04-03, 00:43   Link #6654
LevelSeven

Quote:
she will go yan on a certain magic god -_- and will got falcon punch by the hero
and in the end after two volumes everything is like ever, tsundere mikoto and the whole other cr*p,
dear members, back to status quo.....
Old 2014-04-03, 02:52   Link #6655
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Birdway View Post
Wait, which fans among NGE fandom were hated by the author?
NGE was made with characters that the author didn't want animatized at all costs. When fans started treating the characters like they were typical anime characters he lost all faith and his fanbase and got really pissed off. He wanted to make something that showed how people would actually act in the ridiculous situations that you normally see in anime. So when people start to animatize osca and Shinji he gets really really pissed off... I thought it was common knowledge... but I guess it's only known by the really, really big fans of NGE

I don't know how Kamachi feels about all of his fanbase, but he probably feels the same way towards purist Mikoto fans... (he feels angry and hopeless )
Old 2014-04-03, 03:15   Link #6656
Ravagerblade
The Fearless

Btw what's NGE?

You think he's pressured to add misaka when she wouldn't normally be? just for the sake of the fans?

“No, I don’t get it at all. I may claim to ‘understand’ Othinus, but I only know her as a girl. I don’t understand anything when it comes to her being a Magic God.” - Touma NT13
Old 2014-04-03, 03:42   Link #6657
desrtsku
Nympholept

^ Neon Genesis Evangelion. And what's with the Eva discussion anyway? I thought Anno himself was a passionate Asuka fan. Just like me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by leukrota View Post
-snip-
At least we agreed on something. Eren is a failure.
Jokes aside, this time I actually agree on the most part. Except the two in-spoiler maybe. Nothing really capital, though.

Spoiler for massive Index and Snow White spoilers:
Old 2014-04-03, 06:26   Link #6658
tsunade666

Quote:
NGE was made with characters that the author didn't want animatized at all costs. When fans started treating the characters like they were typical anime characters he lost all faith and his fanbase and got really pissed off. He wanted to make something that showed how people would actually act in the ridiculous situations that you normally see in anime. So when people start to animatize osca and Shinji he gets really really pissed off... I thought it was common knowledge... but I guess it's only known by the really, really big fans of NGE

I don't know how Kamachi feels about all of his fanbase, but he probably feels the same way towards purist Mikoto fans... (he feels angry and hopeless )
I don't think Kamachi is angry with Mikoto fans. I haven't read anything or take notice of anything about it. but he did gave some snippets or comments in various radio comments or magazine about Mikoto's relationship. Like how Touma treat her or views her. Like in the oreimo news

I'm a fan of NGE but I didn't know that. I know he is not satisfied with the series so there is a remake but I didn't know his angry with his fans.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravagerblade View Post
Btw what's NGE?

You think he's pressured to add misaka when she wouldn't normally be? just for the sake of the fans?
I won't say he is pressured to add misaka but I will give you some evidence of it because saying he is pressured to add misaka is just being bias towards her and will make me look petty.

Spoiler:
Old 2014-04-03, 09:02   Link #6659
Chosen_Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
I don't think Kamachi is angry with Mikoto fans. I haven't read anything or take notice of anything about it. but he did gave some snippets or comments in various radio comments or magazine about Mikoto's relationship. Like how Touma treat her or views her. Like in the oreimo news

I'm a fan of NGE but I didn't know that. I know he is not satisfied with the series so there is a remake but I didn't know his angry with his fans.

I won't say he is pressured to add misaka but I will give you some evidence of it because saying he is pressured to add misaka is just being bias towards her and will make me look petty.

Spoiler:
You know I always find it suspicious how you and others who are against Mikoto always seem too "hear" these mysterious interviews with Kamachi. Why would he be mad that he created a very popular character? Giving Mikoto her own manga only made the story better since now we get two sides of the same story and more information about the science side, Kuroko still has her moments and judgement is still relevant.

Why the same handful of people always seem to think she's just crammed into the story just because they don't like her is a mystery to me and it's really getting old, she's relevant get over it, why not request a thread just for that, seems easier than trying to make people comform to your way of thinking.
Old 2014-04-03, 09:26   Link #6660
allfictions
Of Infinite Resignation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chosen_Hero View Post
Why would he be mad that he created a very popular character?:
Tsunade just wrote that's not what he thinks.

Quote:
Giving Mikoto her own manga only made the story better
Subjectivity ahoy, we can't know that, we don't know what it would have looked like.

Quote:
Why the same handful of people always seem to think she's just crammed into the story just because they don't like her is a mystery to me
It's something called "opinions", maybe you heard of it? And it's not like those same people gave clear and concise explanations instead of resorting to bashing, which you should at least aknowledge instead of not so subtly implying that they are just hating.
Quote:
and it's really getting old
Woe is you.
Quote:
she's relevant get over it
What they are arguing it's that she's not always relevant, big difference.

Quote:
Why not request a thread just for that, seems easier than trying to make people comform to your way of thinking.:uhoh]
So that your own views can't be confronted and everyone you talk to have the same opinions, avoiding confrontations? Last I checked, Animesuki isn't a hugbox, people not enjoying same aspects of a story as you isn't reprehensible. Get over it yourself.

What I dislike more than haters is people seeing every criticism as complainings, and moralizing people from their high horses.

If you think they are trying to "make people conform to their own way of thinking", provide solid counterargument like dniv does, or be quiet.
Closed Thread

Tags
fantasy, shounen