AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2014-03-30, 18:20   Link #2021
jordantenney56

That scene where aoba conducted that coupling with hina was excellent lmao i cant stand bizon now all that pity i had for is now gone.
jordantenney56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-30, 18:20   Link #2022
iCK

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilHighDxD View Post
Only maybe because Aoba existed, who know what may happened to Hina and Bizon had Aoba not existed in this timeline.
If Saki's parents didnt exist, she wouldn't have existed. or even get close to being child-raped.
iCK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-30, 18:22   Link #2023
Sakuratsuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordantenney56 View Post
That scene where aoba conducted that coupling with hina was excellent lmao i cant stand bizon now all that pity i had for is now gone.
Did you seriously pity Bizon

Quote:
Originally Posted by iCK View Post
If Saki's parents didnt exist, she wouldn't have existed. or even get close to being child-raped.
Please don't remind me of that
Valvrave gave the best characters of the story the worst devolpment.
Sakuratsuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-30, 18:26   Link #2024
iCK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakura_Tsuki View Post
Did you seriously pity Bizon

Please don't remind me of that
Valvrave gave the best characters of the story the worst devolpment.
Well its stupid when people bring an if situation to an anime.. There is no possible if situation because this is all written. If we dint have Aoba, we wouldn't have buddy complex
Old 2014-03-30, 18:27   Link #2025
jordantenney56

Bizon is even more unlikable than aoba i understand where aoba is coming from. Aoba always puts him self infont of others but hates it when someones else does it for him. Aoba is selfless while bizon is selfish and the fact by having aoba preventing hina going that tunnel tells you how much he actually cares for hina rather for than himself and i find it pretty sad that bizon actually hates him because its his fault to begin with.
Old 2014-03-30, 18:31   Link #2026
DevilHighDxD
Zero Two Best waifu 2018

Quote:
This is making me regret that I'm not a billionaire, if I have the money now, I'll fly to Japan and funded the reboot of VVV with a proper closure and a better ending for Saki...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakura_Tsuki View Post
Did you seriously pity Bizon.
Had Bizon not be a childhood friend, I may have some tiny bit sympathy for him. But since he is, suck for him totally hahahah! All childhood romance start end like Buddy Complex.
Old 2014-03-30, 18:37   Link #2027
Sakuratsuki

Quote:
Had Bizon not be a childhood friend, I may have some tiny bit sympathy for him. But since he is, suck for him totally hahahah! All childhood romance start end like Buddy Complex.
Same feelings here . After what happend with valvrave I don't want to hear anything about a osananajimi ever again. Buddy Complex does a good job on this.
Sakuratsuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-30, 18:39   Link #2028
Death Usagi
Banned

Bizon just a bastard now =w=
Death Usagi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-30, 18:49   Link #2029
lightbringer
M9000

So I guess we got trolled epically. All along the pacing screamed 2-cour but they kept mum about it until the end of ep 13.

I'll give them a pass for now for the abrupt ending (or rather, lack of epilogue for the main characters) on account of the second season being announced. If they don't follow through though, then this will have been a failure of an ending.

And I think it's time we stop bashing Valvrave. That show may not have gotten the ending we had in mind but it did get a proper ending.
lightbringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-30, 18:52   Link #2030
jordantenney56

The fact he never considered her own feelings is pathetic and aobas was always considerate towards her and never wanted to harm her after episode 3. He just wanted answers then it developed into concern for her. I find it funny dios wavelength drops while hina and aobas are the same lmao are they trying to imply something lmao. I did say that we were getting trolled into thinking this wasnt a split cour makes me respect sunrise more now lmao
Old 2014-03-30, 19:45   Link #2031
iCK

Quote:
The time travel in this anime does not rely on the time paradox like we had previously thought (based on assuming that Hina disappeared when travelling to the future because there would not be two Hina in a paradox). Instead, it is based on the multi-universe theory where they have jumped to another universe by the act of time traveling. Thus, both Hina and Aoba's actions here have no bearing on the previous universe and they cannot disappear because Hina didn't travel to the past (with the time paradox theory, not traveling to the past means the current Aoba will disappear because there's no Hina to bring him to the future).

According to the deceased Doctor, the Coupling tech closely resemble small time leaps. That explains why the mech can move with such speed and sometimes "jump" ahead of time. The anime loosely unitizes Quantum Mechanic to build up this phenomenon (Quantum particles cannot be observed and people have theorized that maybe they jump back and forth in another dimension to travel between multiple universes). Coupling tech has given the mech this ability and thus Aoba can see ahead of time or his mech can make small "leaps" ahead that create its incredible speed.

################################################## ##

Based on the OP's lyrics and symbolism, the theme of this anime is changing fate. It was implied that Hina's fate is the same in multiple loops where she followed Bizon into the wormhole (Hina was sent to the past earlier than Bizon and she helped Aoba not getting killed from his inevitable arrival). However, what has changed this time around?

First, both Hina and Aoba were sent to the future. Hina was sent to Zagreb 10 years earlier and her body was devolved into a young kid while still wearing her oversized school uniform. She only remembered her name was Hina and was picked up by her adoptive dad. Aoba was sent to Luxon's cockpit as we see in ep2.

Something must have gone differently during the time when Aoba was trying to couple with Dio using SkyNight and FireBrand. In previous loops, Aoba failed to couple (as shown in ep11) leading to Dio not seeing Aoba's past. This time, Dio saw it so he did not prevent Aoba to chase after Hina to the wormhole and helped him puling Hina back as well as shooting Bizon's mech. This saved both Hina and Aoba from a never ending loop.

However, by destroying Bizon's mech, there's another consequence. It's uncleared whether doing that have changed their reality at the time by making masked Bizon the leader of Zogilia, or masked Bizon has always been around in the first place. Nevertheless, we can deduce that without his mech, Bizon cannot find Aoba in the past to kill him. Instead, Bizon is somehow able to go to the early Zogilia and work his way up to become the leader of that country!

Hence, the war may have started because Bizon's grudges and jealousy against Aoba have transcended space and time.
Modified by ThangLong, 5 hours ago
I didn't even knew Hina was wearing her school uniform until I went back to check on it.
This is surprisingly accurate and makes tons of sense.

Last edited by iCK; 2014-03-30 at 20:36.
Old 2014-03-30, 20:45   Link #2032
larethian

Being tired, I didn't think about it last night, but they didn't resolve the paradox of Aoba coming to the future now that Hina didn't go back to the past. And when does Hina start existing in time?? That's why I dislike series using time travel plot devices, as > 90% of such series can't resolve their paradoxes satisfactorily. Oh well, guess I like this coupling thing enough to ignore it.
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-30, 21:16   Link #2033
borisdrakoni

It has a real Asura Cryin' feel with regards to the parallel timelines. More than likely none of the current characters in the series are "originals", minus maybe the Hina and Bizon from episode 1. Fortunately there's still plenty of plot to dig into in the second season. It also sort of feels like they were hinting at Aoba being the source for the coupling system design, so maybe they will get a chance to do some more time jumping later on.
borisdrakoni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-30, 21:29   Link #2034
DevilHighDxD
Zero Two Best waifu 2018

At first I thought Aoba and the portal were independent event, but this episode show that without Aoba there won't be a portal to be made happened. This beg the question of how does the portal formed in the first place, in the timeline where the first Watase Aoba jump into the future.

Hina as well, without Aoba in the future, the coupling between her and Aoba won't happened. So how does she and Bizon come to the past? Unless the first Luxon's pilot before Aoba is the descendent of Aoba and look like him, which is the lover of Hina. So he and Hina caused the first portal to open in which Bizon and Hina were brought back to the past. Bizon find Aoba and tried to killed him because Aoba well he look like his Descendent. Hina protected Aoba because he look liked his previous lover and bring to the future. Well that Luxon's pilot doesn't have to be Apba's descendent perhaps it look just like him?

I want a proper closure to this intriguing mystery!

Quote:
I'm sorry, you made no sense whatsoever.
Oh, I'm just blabbering about what cause the first portal to open and a random theory on how it first happened. Since before, I thought Aoba and the portal were independent as that they don't affect each other. But this episode show otherwise.

Last edited by DevilHighDxD; 2014-03-30 at 21:59.
DevilHighDxD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-30, 21:48   Link #2035
iCK

Quote:
At first I thought Aoba and the portal were independent event, but this episode show that without Aoba there won't be a portal to be made happened. This beg the question of how does the portal formed in the first place, in the timeline where the first Watase Aoba jump into the future.

Hina as well, without Aoba in the future, the coupling between her and Aoba won't happened. So how does she and Bizon come to the past? Unless the first Luxon's pilot before Aoba is the descendent of Aoba and look like him, which is the lover of Hina. So he and Hina caused the first portal to open in which Bizon and Hina were brought back to the past. Bizon find Aoba and tried to killed him because Aoba well he look like his Descendent. Hina protected Aoba because he look liked his previous lover and bring to the future. Well that Luxon's pilot doesn't have to be Apba's descendent perhaps it look just like him?

I want a proper closure to this intriguing mystery!
I'm sorry, you made no sense whatsoever.
Old 2014-03-30, 22:02   Link #2036
jordantenney56

I just notice hina was wearing the hairpin in the ed.
Old 2014-03-30, 22:02   Link #2037
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
This beg the question of how does the portal formed in the first place, in the timeline where the first Watase Aoba jump into the future.
No matter how I try to spin this, it is just impossible to explain the time travel.

This episode has shown several implication:
-Amnesiac Hina is the "present Hina" sent back to the past after saving Aoba
-The time tunnel occured due to Aoba and Hina coupling, along with that huge beam attack

However, there are way too many plotholes considering how time travel is shown in this series:
-In order for Hina and Bizon to be sent to Aoba's present, 1) Hina must be acquainted to Aoba already 2) Aoba and Hina must have performed the coupling 3) Bizon must already have tried killing Aoba, with Hina intervening in there.
-Likewise, in order for Aoba to be sent to the future, his future self has to perform coupling with Hina, despite his "present" self didn't do anything yet.

The fact Aoba needs the time tunnel to be sent to the future, and that the time tunnel requires Aoba to be in the future to perform the coupling with Hina are mutually exclusive since you need a starting event to occur. The Hina we saw in episode 1 already knew Aoba whow as in turn sent to the future already.
It is a ugly paradox (the same goes to Hina's hairpin), and you just cannot fix it considering it leads to a "chicken and egg" problem along the way.
Old 2014-03-30, 22:22   Link #2038
username31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
No matter how I try to spin this, it is just impossible to explain the time travel.

However, there are way too many plotholes considering how time travel is shown in this series:
-In order for Hina and Bizon to be sent to Aoba's present, 1) Hina must be acquainted to Aoba already 2) Aoba and Hina must have performed the coupling 3) Bizon must already have tried killing Aoba, with Hina intervening in there.
-Likewise, in order for Aoba to be sent to the future, his future self has to perform coupling with Hina, despite his "present" self didn't do anything yet.
You can't really called that as plot holes it just you can't understand what theories they used
username31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-30, 23:26   Link #2039
konart

Quote:
Originally Posted by username31 View Post
You can't really called that as plot holes it just you can't understand what theories they used
Those theories are pretty much just a fantasy and a big plot hole themselves. There is just not starting point for Hina.

She was found as a little firl by her adoptive father, raised into military pilot, who went to the past (Aoba's time) and then to the future (little Hina's time) -> repeat.

But... this makes no scense - as it appear nobody gave her birth in the first place
Old 2014-03-30, 23:43   Link #2040
omegasereon

Quote:
Something must have gone differently during the time when Aoba was trying to couple with Dio using SkyNight and FireBrand. In previous loops, Aoba failed to couple (as shown in ep11) leading to Dio not seeing Aoba's past. This time, Dio saw it so he did not prevent Aoba to chase after Hina to the wormhole and helped him puling Hina back as well as shooting Bizon's mech. This saved both Hina and Aoba from a never ending loop.
Wow, I just rewatched that episode and it totally makes sense now. That scene confused me when I first watched it.
omegasereon is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, giant robots, sci-fi, sunrise, time travel