AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2007-09-03, 15:47   Link #2561
Daito-kun
wanderer

Send a message via ICQ to Daito-kun
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmaxzero View Post

Finally school rumble as i remember it.....
You know, it is exactly the same thing that is annoyng me... Where the hell is any development???!!!
This walking in cycles drives me crazy!!!!
Daito-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-03, 16:02   Link #2562
dmaxzero

well yeah, but lately some chapters didnīt have any development (for some quite long time), and neither were funny.

And really missed Harima Antics of this caliber (Angola?!.. cīmon!!!).. maybe it will be the same reset situation, or maybe it wonīt.. but I will laugh until I die....
dmaxzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-04, 13:51   Link #2563
Arkhan

I don't know why some people keep moaning about the lack of development after 239 chapters. This is a manga of an episodic nature, like many others out there.
It is not a romance/harem either. Don't expect a resolution to the couples.

I know many people get so frustrated because Kobayashi is always teasing us with his development+RESET endless loop. But it's time to assume it. And if you can't, you always can make a doujinshi, I'd like to read some
Arkhan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-04, 15:49   Link #2564
Kid Chrono

I will now try my luck with the ch240 spoiler. Thank SwampStorm once again for finding it!!
Spoiler:
Not nearly as long and difficult as the last one =D.
Kid Chrono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-04, 16:28   Link #2565
redCloudJ7

Arkhan. Why are people complaining? Tell me your joking, right? Did you seriously, just ask this question?

-The artwork was never top tier. Its not even middle tier......

-There is little to no character development throughtout the entire manga. Many/Most of the characters are SHALLOW and are STATIC.

-The manga's main support, humor. Is now stale.
Humor should never be the only/major support for a manga that goes on this long. The humor is getting progrssively worse. KJ resorting to fart jokes..... Oh how utterly clever.

-The practically non-existant "story" goes nowhere and does nothing. Rendering a large portion of chapters into meaningless drivel and an utter waste of time.

-KJ's subpar writing. Utilizing resets every ten seconds. His jokes becoming ridiculously reptitive. He is a C- level author. If even that.....

Anymore questions?

Not to mention KJ is juggling two manga's at the same time. Lets be honest here.....KJ is not talented enough to juggle two manga's at the same time and maintain quality standards. He is simply not that talented.

Will this effect School Rumble? Most definately.

I can assure you that School Rumble's ending will be atrocious.

Quote me on this.

Not only did the manga GTO. Have a better story and far more character development.

It Dealt with issues that have far more social relevance than anything in SR. Not to mention GTO is actually funnier than SR. And had better artwork.

And yet, the ending was still bad.

Simply put:

School Rumble has NO chance whatsoever.
redCloudJ7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-04, 17:26   Link #2566
Arkhan

Well, it's ok if you don't like it. Even I agree with you in that the humor has been pretty poor lately. In fact, I only keep following it just as a distraction.

The problem is that many people who like the manga keep complaining at the same time because they don't see what they'll never see in School Rumble, that is, development. I also agree with you in that such a long manga shouldn't rely only on episodic humor, but School Rumble does, apart from the bits of romance with which the author is always teasing us. Many mangas are basically made of episodic humor.

So, what I say is, if you like SR then follow it. But if not, don't go on torturing yourself because there won't be any development.
Old 2007-09-04, 20:50   Link #2567
Visiroth
Cutout

I thought that Arkhan's question was rhetorical.

More than the story, it's these complaint posts that are starting to feel a little stale and reused. I know that your stance on sukuran is the cool one to have, but there's no need to flaunt it every other week. We've seen it all before.

It's funny how a person can hate a manga, and still read it every week. I didn't know that even fans could be tsundere.

I had a good laugh when I saw that all of redCloudJ7's posts were made in this thread.
Visiroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-04, 22:56   Link #2568
redCloudJ7

Visiroth. LMFAO, you made a new account at animesuki for this?
(Most likely an alternate account of someone I pissed off.)

I must have really angered you.

I like how you ignored my previous post and instead addressed me directly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Visiroth View Post
More than the story, it's these complaint posts that are starting to feel a little stale and reused.
The amount of complaints about School Rumble is not even 1/10000th, of the amount of resets that happen in School Rumble.

For you to call my complaints about School Rumble stale and reused is nothing short of laughable.

Quote:
I know that your stance on sukuran is the cool one to have, but there's no need to flaunt it every other week. We've seen it all before.
My stance, "cool" ? I don't think so. I'm a realist. Flaunt is also the incorrect word..............gloat is more appropriate.

What I am going to do when School Rumble's ending turns out to be an abysmal piece of.............................. Is gloat and laugh. About how I was right.

Then I'm going to laugh in my brothers face after I win our recent bet.

Me posting every other week? Exaggerating too much are we?

Quote:
It's funny how a person can hate a manga, and still read it every week. I didn't know that even fans could be tsundere.
I don't "hate" school rumble. I also haven't read School Rumble for almost a month......until today. I wouldn't classify myself necessarily, as a fan.

Quote:
I had a good laugh when I saw that all of redCloudJ7's posts were made in this thread.
LOL. You actually took time to look were my previous posts were located?

Looking for some ammo were we?

Yeah all 21 (22 now) of my posts are on the School Rumble boards. Because I spend so much of my time on animesuki and School Rumble in general instead of doing other things with my time.

Last edited by redCloudJ7; 2007-09-04 at 23:20.
redCloudJ7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-04, 23:31   Link #2569
Visiroth
Cutout

I wasn't just talking about you.

I rather hear what Kid Chrono and the others have to say about the new chapter than see it sidetracked by the same offtopic issue again and again.

I checked through your posts to see if you were sincere or just trolling. But you've just answered that yourself.
Visiroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-05, 02:13   Link #2570
Mentar
Banned

Quote:
I didn't know that even fans could be tsundere.
For THIS line, sir, you win an internet ^_^

Hahahahahaaaaa... I've never thought of it like this, but there's alot of truth in this statement. We DO act like tsunderes in this way.

Nevertheless, I do understand where the frustrated reactions are coming from. People who are still on this forum are mostly disappointed fans, me included. Sukuran had alot of interesting arcs, and time and time again I was thinking "great, we're FINALLY getting somewhere". Let's face the music, we WANT the rumble to end, and we WANT to see the relationships resolved. And time and time again we were frustrated by another (increasingly unlikely) reset.

In other words, I've emotionally left the series, since I'm sick of being toyed with. The fun has dissipated. It doesn't really bother me anymore, I have no more investment. I do read the chapters every once in a while to see if a miracle happened and something lasting popped up, but fact is that I consider the jokes more and more stale. Like someone reusing the same tea bags for the third time.

At the going rate, our mangaka is currently destroying his own work. And since I used to like the show back then, this is a sorry sight to me.
Mentar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-05, 08:58   Link #2571
Arkhan

Quote:
I didn't know that even fans could be tsundere.
Yes, good one indeed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentar View Post
Nevertheless, I do understand where the frustrated reactions are coming from. People who are still on this forum are mostly disappointed fans, me included. Sukuran had alot of interesting arcs, and time and time again I was thinking "great, we're FINALLY getting somewhere". Let's face the music, we WANT the rumble to end, and we WANT to see the relationships resolved. And time and time again we were frustrated by another (increasingly unlikely) reset.
I think there are two different causes for that frustation. Here you've expressed the first one. The lack of progression in the plot. With a typical episodic comedy manga I would say that this complaint is unfair, since that kind of mangas doesn't show any pretention of development at all.
The difference with School Rumble, although it's basically an episodic comedy, is that KJ is always teasing (but that's all, teasing) with the development of a romance subplot. But you shouldn't take it seriously, it'll never go anywhere.
And I say this although I'm the first one who thinks that SR would be much better as a TRUE romance comedy manga.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentar View Post
The fun has dissipated. [...] but fact is that I consider the jokes more and more stale. Like someone reusing the same tea bags for the third time.
And this is the real problem. The humor is more and more stale. But I suppose that's normal after so many chapters when we're talking about a episodic comedy.
Old 2007-09-05, 11:56   Link #2572
Darknemo2000

Send a message via AIM to Darknemo2000
Arkhan, you are evry right about the origin of SR yet I see one big problem.

Length and episodic comedy doesnt do well together. Episodic comedy with no progression has to end rather soon, so that it wouldnt wear itself out.

The other case would be adding progression or romance into it. Lets say Hayate do episodic comedy too yet they also pull in some romance and characte development thats why I think it can go long without being a real bother.

SR is different in a sense that it only imitates character development and progression of the story. Its is still episodic comedy. Long episodic comedy. Which is bad.

Just look at the jokes. They are not so funny anymore, it even starts using fart jokes now... Thats utterly pathetic.

I would like KJ would stop killing the manga I used to love. He needs to end it . And do it soon. Some surprising character development might be good idea since this way it could bring some fans back (since even on japanese chan boards the voices of displeased ones are getting louder and louder each day).

For me it happened few times that the manga/anime I liked had either stupid ending or dragged way too long and made me to actually hate them eventually. Dragging the manga that should end is not the best thing to do. Sure financially its still profitable but this way KJ is starting to lose fans.
Darknemo2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-05, 23:19   Link #2573
Calca
Expressionless

Can't we talk about 240 instead of arguing?
Calca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-06, 09:20   Link #2574
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Streetor View Post
Can't we talk about 240 instead of arguing?
Yeah and I would have to say we need a SR season 3 after seeing Harima in this form...

Edited the words only for fun LOL

Spoiler for Harima Wet Look:
Old 2007-09-06, 16:53   Link #2575
ChainLegacy
廉頗

I have a bad feeling about what has happened in 240. Is this another reset/screw up? Either way, Harima better be there at the end of the manga, because he has pretty much carried this series for the vast majority of the chapters.
ChainLegacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-10, 04:26   Link #2576
xXZhetaXx
Sawachika Eri Lover

lmao this is going nowhere
so harima gone to Angola (way to go Harima -_-UUUU --- eri alone
karasuma missin , probably sick for all the food he ate - tenma unhappy again
akira - WTF xD

idk everything seems so mixed (messed) up
i hope he gives good ending ....... YES ( i still have hope )
xXZhetaXx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-10, 12:32   Link #2577
Forgetaboutme

Hey hello i am new in this forum......well someone know about this image? i read that is from the chapter 241 someone can confirm this?

sorry for the double post i cant edit this is the image (maybe spoiler )

http://img66.imageshack.us/img66/3389/hyog3.jpg

Last edited by xris; 2007-09-10 at 12:44. Reason: Please use the edit button instead of douple posting
Forgetaboutme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-10, 15:28   Link #2578
dmaxzero

WHAAAAAT?!..

and from where did you get this?.....
If its true, more misundertanding on the way..... poor Harima.
dmaxzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-11, 11:40   Link #2579
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

i'll be more happy if all the girls witnessed this.

KJ really has a few unpredictable twsit and turns...unlike in the previews chapters which are a bit predictable. Need Scanlations... XD
Old 2007-09-12, 08:24   Link #2580
Freeter
ride

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjiharima View Post
i'll be more happy if all the girls witnessed this.
LOL, they're already on the way there
Freeter is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
hige, ojou, school