AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Clannad

Notices

View Poll Results: Clannad - Episode 09 Rating
Perfect 10 186 70.99%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 42 16.03%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 19 7.25%
7 out of 10 : Good 6 2.29%
6 out of 10 : Average 3 1.15%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 0.76%
4 out of 10 : Poor 4 1.53%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 262. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-11-30, 12:46   Link #61
Julius Firefocht

It's good, it's really good. Tears came to my eyes during this episode, and Fuko will long be remembered.

10/10 from me. Any less would dishonour and devalue the excellent work that the artists from KyoAni has done.
Rightousness is our Shield, Faith our armour and Hatred our weapon.
Aye, we are indeed the Angels of Death.
~~~~~

Blog featuring anime, manga, seiyuus, tabletop wargames (WH40K) and everything in between: http://nk-ds.org/
Old 2007-11-30, 12:54   Link #62
IRJustman
Founder, Sprocket Hole
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by X207
were there any major mistakes in sprocket TWH's subs?
I'd like to think there weren't. :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snuffle View Post
And I was lol'ing at the ep 10 preview when Kotomi goes "bully?" and whoever she was talking to replied "yes!".
I smell several quotes patched together out of context. I will be up-front and honestly say that I don' t know the story, so I really don't know what exactly will unfold. The ambiance didn't seem too uniform, neither did the setting. Even though the conversation seemed to flow normally, the aforementioned seemed to suggest otherwise.

Basically, it all boils down to this: They're called "teasers" for a reason. ;) (And in this case, not only is Kotomi being "teased", so are we.)

--Ian.

Last edited by IRJustman; 2007-11-30 at 13:01. Reason: Various
Old 2007-11-30, 13:33   Link #63
Kinny Riddle
Gone for Good

I forgot to add, one thing Kyo-Ani did right where Key didn't was the wedding attire of Kouko-san and Yuusuke.

A wedding gown and suit is what a couple is supposed to wear in a wedding, not your regular clothes, lol.
Old 2007-11-30, 13:55   Link #64
TooPurePureBoy
Socially Inept

Man, if any of my friends saw me right now....

I'm a football player sized dude with a big scruffy beard.....I'm crying like a little girl all throughout this episode....

Damn you KyoAni give me my testicles back!
Old 2007-11-30, 13:58   Link #65
deathreape98
Clannad Preacher

great tearjerking episode. 10/10
Old 2007-11-30, 14:03   Link #66
Kamui4356
Aria Company

Overall a pretty satisfying conclusion to Fuko's story. In the end she her feelings were finally able to reach her sister. Fuko really grew on me as her arc progressed, so I'm glad she was able to get a happy ending. She's still in a coma, but at least everyone remembers her somewhat, even if it's really just a vague feeling. Hopefully KyoAni can keep up the good work with the rest of the girls' stories.
Old 2007-11-30, 14:35   Link #67
Xiaolang

I cried again, therefore I gave it another 10. Best episode in the series thus far.

I can now understand why Key used the word "Clannad" for the title. The essence of family and togetherness really shines through in this episode.

By the way, if you didn't cry in this episode, you have no soul. =P
Old 2007-11-30, 14:41   Link #68
MaxwellDemon
"Bi?!" BI?!
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiaolang View Post
]By the way, if you didn't cry in this episode, you have no soul. =P
Poor Kaioshin then, he is accused of having no soul.

Anyway, I can't wait to watch this episode... since I am living on campus in my university, I have to wait for direct download. >_<
Old 2007-11-30, 14:42   Link #69
taelrak

Hrm, the conclusion and how it turned out was fairly satisfying, but I actually didn't like KyoAni's handling of the scenes for once. They felt a bit clumsy and contrived compared to what I usually expect from them...

Spoiler for Objections:
Old 2007-11-30, 15:05   Link #70
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxwellDemon View Post
Poor Kaioshin then, he is accused of having no soul.

Anyway, I can't wait to watch this episode... since I am living on campus in my university, I have to wait for direct download. >_<
Eh, whatever, these comments of "Voting Less then 10 is dishonorable" or "You aren't watching properly" are so dime a dozen and I'm so used to it by now that it doesn't bother me much anymore. I just take it for what it is, laugh it off and stick to my guns. I mean after all, it's silly. It's just a number and a show, so why should it mean I have no soul right? No harm done.
Old 2007-11-30, 15:18   Link #71
Snuffle
likes cute things

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamui4356 View Post
She's still in a coma, but at least everyone remembers her somewhat, even if it's really just a vague feeling.
Didn't she die? I mean, they said her condition got worse in another ep... Wouldn't that be the reason she was dissapearing? I dunno...

Could be also that she is near waking up so her ghost is no longer needed.
Old 2007-11-30, 15:19   Link #72
MaxwellDemon
"Bi?!" BI?!
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snuffle View Post
Didn't she die? I mean, they said her condition got worse in another ep... Wouldn't that be the reason she was dissapearing? I dunno...

Could be also that she is near waking up so her ghost is no longer needed.
When they mean worsening, it means that the chances that she'll stay in coma is higher now.
Old 2007-11-30, 15:20   Link #73
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Her ghost state was primarly so she can fulfill Kouko's happiness.
Now that she managed to greet her a happy weddings with tons of people, her wish is granted, so she is already happy, and her ghost form is no longer required.

Medically, there are instances when the patient is in coma, but can no longer wake up at all, except improbable miracles (it does happen, but most likely, they can be considered brain dead, while their vital activities are working fine)
Old 2007-11-30, 15:32   Link #74
Mirrinus
Bemused Scholar

Wow, that was a rather powerful episode. The tears started flowing around the 13:40 mark, and they just didn't seem to quit until the credits. Fantastic conclusion to this arc. I'm definitely well-pleased. Not only did we wrap up Fuuko's story admirably, but I felt we made marvelous progress on the whole Tomoya/Nagisa relationship (the part where Fuuko makes them call each other by their first names, I was totally cracking up).

Although, does anyone else think the Engrish in the second insert song at the end was really funny?
Old 2007-11-30, 15:42   Link #75
KaneDragon
*(RAWR*)&rawr

Plenty of good points about this episode, so I'll just pick two random ones.

Yay for Fuko getting Tomoya to call Nagisa by first name. o/ Though Nagisa still needs more time...

Kyou "asking out" Tomoya == ;_;
Old 2007-11-30, 15:49   Link #76
Divini
Senpai!

I don't know about you guys, but I had tears in my eyes for almost half of this episode. Everytime I thought they might dry out, another scene would bring fresh ones...

Maybe I'm just too emotional for these things.

I think I figured out the reason though. The four main feelings that would elicit tears from me in an anime would be:

Pain
Sorrow
Happiness
Hope

.... and this episode brought forth all four of them in such a great way. Sayonara Fuuko, even if we forget all about you, we'll never forget these feelings you have touched us with.

And lastly of course:

Spoiler for Ep9 Screentime:

Spoiler for Series Total Screentime:

Last edited by Divini; 2007-12-03 at 06:00.
Old 2007-11-30, 16:02   Link #77
Ashlotte
Clockwork

Well even if the arc's tone felt alittle uneven atleast they ended it pretty well. Nagisa and tomoya still hogged up the spotlight though...

But more importantly...KOTOMI next.

P.S. I thought it was kinda wierd to talk about the girl like she was dead during a few parts there...Coma =/ Dead.

No matter what enemy. No matter what ally. Mowing everything down with maximum destructive power.

That is...

"The White Devil of the Administration Bureau"
Old 2007-11-30, 16:10   Link #78
MaxwellDemon
"Bi?!" BI?!
*Graphic Designer

Whoa... just whoa.

As many said, tears just start flowing at half way point.

I am giving this a 9 just as taelrak said, the music execution and, in my opinion, the song choice could have been better.

Gotta laugh at the preview though. XD

Kotomi - Ryou is a bully?
Ryou - Hai!
Kotomi - Is she bullying?
Ryou - Hai! If you don't mind!
Kotomi - Is Nagisa a bully?
Nagisa - Hai!

Old 2007-11-30, 17:08   Link #79
Yushi

I remember people hinting on how there's a 'mysterious glow' thingy during the 'titles' (forgot the term for it) And now that the arc is over...I STILL don't understand that glow... can anyone explain it to me?
Old 2007-11-30, 17:11   Link #80
minhtam1638
Missing In Action

Send a message via AIM to minhtam1638
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yushi View Post
I remember people hinting on how there's a 'mysterious glow' thingy during the 'titles' (forgot the term for it) And now that the arc is over...I STILL don't understand that glow... can anyone explain it to me?
I assume it's for an arc completion, but I am not entirely sure...
Closed Thread